• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay, what did they say this time?
Sonic fans losing their minds that some pieces of geometry may or may not have been reused from Generations. Recycle = BAD

In other news, Sonic fans still praising Mania as the most original game of all time and Utopia as the GAME of all time. Fangames better. :dedede:

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So... Is your profile pic uh... From something inappropriate?
It's giving me that vibe.
It isn't.

Well, unless you count the window as being inappropriate but that's just Xenoblade 2 being Xenoblade 2 so yeah

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic fans losing their minds that some pieces of geometry may or may not have been reused from Generations. Recycle = BAD

In other news, Sonic fans still praising Mania as the most original game of all time and Utopia as the GAME of all time. Fangames better. :dedede:
I know that this is supposed to be a new, 3D Sonic game, but Sonic fans seem to forget that Sonic Mania was a new game as well, let alone one that reused old zones. No amount of praise those fans give Sonic Mania will excuse Mania in terms of reusing old stuff. Let it be known some level design was reused for the first act at least for some of the zones reused in Sonic Mania.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
this company has no idea what they really want to do
It's to avoid Avatar 2, I'm pretty sure. Better dates for the movies box office wise due to less competition.

MooMew64

I know that this is supposed to be a new, 3D Sonic game, but Sonic fans seem to forget that Sonic Mania was a new game as well, let alone one that reused old zones. No amount of praise those fans give Sonic Mania will excuse Mania in terms of reusing old stuff. Let it be known some level design was reused for the first act at least for some of the zones reused in Sonic Mania.
It's more that Sonic fans just cannot, for the life of them, enjoy something

Always gotta be a catch

This doesn't detract from actual criticism nor is legit, constructive criticism bad, but IMO peeps making a bigger deal out of this than they need to be.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's more that Sonic fans just cannot, for the life of them, enjoy something

Always gotta be a catch

This doesn't detract from actual criticism nor is legit, constructive criticism bad, but IMO peeps making a bigger deal out of this than they need to be.
I mean, about what they are complaining about, Kirby does reuse old things, right?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Loads of games reuse assets
It is amazing how many people do not realize that.

Not to mention, Sonic Colors, it and its Ultimate version. Its bonus Gameland stages had some stages modeled after classic Sonic the Hedgehog levels.

What is happening with Frontiers is nothing new. Sonic is not doing anything offensive.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Last thing about Sonic from me for the night but is Sonic Origins in better shape now?

Been thinking about grabbing it on Switch.

MooMew64

Last thing about Sonic from me for the night but is Sonic Origins in better shape now?

Been thinking about grabbing it on Switch.
The bugfix patch was pretty beefy, a lot about it seems more stable from what I had seen. A lotta people say it's a pretty decent compilation, so if you want an easy way to play all 4 of the OG games, it seems to be the current best way officially.

so you've finally showed yourself

you're the CEO of Mario

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The bugfix patch was pretty beefy, a lot about it seems more stable from what I had seen. A lotta people say it's a pretty decent compilation, so if you want an easy way to play all 4 of the OG games, it seems to be the current best way officially.

so you've finally showed yourself

you're the CEO of Mario
Still, I believe there was a bug that erased the progress one made in story mode when collecting the Super Emeralds in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Was that ever fixed?

MooMew64

Still, I believe there was a bug that erased the progress one made in story mode when collecting the Super Emeralds in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Was that ever fixed?
I'd have to go and double check, but I'd imagine that was probably one of the priority 1 bug fixes, I'd be floored if it wasn't fixed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not seeing anyone mention a glitch like this so AFAIK there's nothing like that in here ATM.
I know. I remember not seeing it as well, so I wanted to ask to make sure my eyes weren't fooling me. Do you think they'll make another patch?

MooMew64

I know. I remember not seeing it as well, so I wanted to ask to make sure my eyes weren't fooling me. Do you think they'll make another patch?
TBH I doubt it, it seems the game is in a pretty okay state.

Like, things could always be better, but if I had to guess, they'll just leave it in the community's hands at this point.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
TBH I doubt it, it seems the game is in a pretty okay state.

Like, things could always be better, but if I had to guess, they'll just leave it in the community's hands at this point.
What makes you think the game won't get another patch, other than it being in an okay state?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's to avoid Avatar 2, I'm pretty sure. Better dates for the movies box office wise due to less competition.
actually the reason for the delays is a sad yet funny one. Imma put a spoiler in it to hide the shame
anywho here’s “good news”…I think…good enough? Idk

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
TBH a lotta game companies don't stick around to fix every little thing in a release anymore lol

It's just not profitable, especially when they know full well the modding community will do it eventually.
Okay then.

Anyways, about the complaining about Frontiers, it seems some people are just tired of seeing reused things like assets and Green Hill. Now, some of the stuff like about the geometry of levels IS still overblown, but yeah, being an anniversary game, especially since we have had anniversary games in the past for Sonic won't cut it for long.

MooMew64

Okay then.

Anyways, about the complaining about Frontiers, it seems some people are just tired of seeing reused things like assets and Green Hill. Now, some of the stuff like about the geometry of levels IS still overblown, but yeah, being an anniversary game, especially since we have had anniversary games in the past for Sonic won't cut it for long.
I mean

Sonic isn't the only franchise that does this, 99% of platformer sequels reuse their old and iconic locations all the time. It gets a little annoying, but like, if the level is fun, I kinda don't care too much TBH. Green Hill is Sonic's 1-1, it's the obligatory tutorial and just a centerpiece of the franchise's branding, it getting top billing makes sense.

Also,

Hedgehog thread.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean

Sonic isn't the only franchise that does this, 99% of platformer sequels reuse their old and iconic locations all the time. It gets a little annoying, but like, if the level is fun, I kinda don't care too much TBH. Green Hill is Sonic's 1-1, it's the obligatory tutorial and just a centerpiece of the franchise's branding, it getting top billing makes sense.

Also,

Hedgehog thread.
I see. I mean, I am not against reusing old assets and geometries, but I do think some of the hate IS overblown. You did say that other games recycle things. It is almost as if those people did not play anything other than Sonic. Sonic is no exceptional offender in doing this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Zaslav: “I did it, I saved Warner bros!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Batgirl is most likely going to suck. It'd be no big loss, don't get what the big deal is over it never coming to see the light of day.

Top Bottom