• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

D0N

Smash Ace
Megaman X is a series. No need to limit it. Anyway, what's everyone's opinion on top 5 based on placings/attendence/skill? Just curious.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
so how do we determine the top5? from here on tourney or like overall? lolx

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
1. Don
2. Mashi
3. Hax
4. Pitzer
5. D1AOS

HM: Slash, Zo, Famous
hmmmmmmmmmmmm Hax's above me I think not. Mashi Is very well top 5 I dont know about 3rd though. Famous needs to step up his game. Rbm stop dropping Cg's. Slash, Play gayer. D0N You're going down, Omni's Hyperbolic time chamber I shall join it.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
no particular order:

skillwise - me, don, pitzr, famous, hax/slash/zo/d1aos (grouped around the same IMO for 5th candidate)

placingwise - me, don, pitzr...d1aos/hax/zo (around the same)

just my opinion of course lolx. (waiting for sk troll)

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
hmmmmmmmmmmmm Hax's above me I think not. Mashi Is very well top 5 I dont know about 3rd though. Famous needs to step up his game. Rbm stop dropping Cg's. Slash, Play gayer. D0N You're going down, Omni's Hyperbolic time chamber I shall join it.
I think its a toss up between 2-4, I really can't decide fully. Hax is above you because he consistently comes and places well. He got 1st at one of the Biweeklies, as well as 3rd a couple of times. Mashi is kind of wishy washy imo. Most of the time he can get high, the rest of the time he's eh. If YOU came out more and did well, then I'd say you're second for sure but until then you should stay below Hax.

I would stop dropping CGs if I
1) Had my sister's TV (which she wont let me use) because my TV is a flat screen.
and 2) Had more time to practice CGs. Also if you didn't know, Icies are more than just a grab, practicing with Ninj@link always helps me to realize that.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
If ICs didn't have CG they'd be way the **** down on the tier list. There's a reason that you get shut down when you don't get your grabs right or you can't grab at all, and that's because at the end of the day, IC can hit you 15+ times and take your stock, or IC can grab you once and make you cry.

Sure, ICs have a bunch of other **** but they're all just gimmicks compared to the almighty grab.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Icies are already completely a gimmick character anyway, What Im trying to say is if you dont have spacing down, anyone with half a brain for spacing can get away. For example, in my friendlies with ninj@link I only grabbed him 3 times in 2 hours. Why? He has much better spacing. Fundamentals are much more key than anything. Thats what Im working on.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Icies are already completely a gimmick character anyway, What Im trying to say is if you dont have spacing down, anyone with half a brain for spacing can get away. For example, in my friendlies with ninj@link I only grabbed him 3 times in 2 hours. Why? He has much better spacing. Fundamentals are much more key than anything. Thats what Im working on.
Getting the grab means absolutely nothing if you can't finish the grab. You'll need to spend time on spacing and forcing grabs by eating people's second jumps with more IC gimmicks but if your percentage of grabs finished doesn't go up it's not going to really help you much.

Last time I saw you, you were sitting at maybe 20% and that's being generous. Has it gotten better? I mean I know I have stuff to work on and I don't play ICs but from what I see failing to capitalize on things that are open and are completely in your control puts a lot more losses on your side, and I have way too much experience with that. Fix your CG then worry about getting your grabs. Maybe SK can drop some IC knowledge your way if he wants, idk

In other news, **** YEAH, FLORIDA. Lovin it already.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Shouldnt geno be top 5 on the Pr? I thought he was doing well recently?

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yaa if were including placing from all of the ToDs, ive placed a lot more than mashi has. it needs to be a collection of skill, placing, and attendance.

dunno about no megaman x...........

don and mashi, come up with a list and pm me pleaseeee!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
yaa if were including placing from all of the ToDs, ive placed a lot more than mashi has. it needs to be a collection of skill, placing, and attendance.

Megaman x. it's pretty much majority vote anyways.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
wtf? you're crazy.
I didn't like it that much (for how much I played of it). There were WAY too many random battles, voice acting wasn't that good, lack of any music other than techno (which was good but there was no emotional music), etc.. The battle system was pretty good but just too many battles. That's something I really thought ruined the game for me. Also wtf was up with this new costume?

D0N

Smash Ace

If I'm gonna do that I need to see the results from ToD 4 and 5 first cuz I only remember some placings. I put a top 5 (out of 9) from ToD 3 up earlier in this thread and 1 and 2 are there if I look.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Nah I haven't shown enough to be valid being put on a PR and the last time I showed I had a really rough day and zo and d1aos had pretty good ones, no johns, I played downright terrible. Gotta work on consistency and not getting mindgamed into anger

and screw just rmx only, do all rockman. If you put extras on the side I call Forte ****it.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
We need different types of mops. Swiffer, wet mop, dust mops, sponge mop

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Nah I haven't shown enough to be valid being put on a PR and the last time I showed I had a really rough day and zo and d1aos had pretty good ones, no johns, I played downright terrible.
That was Zo on a good day? I met with him twice in the brackets and won both times.

Also, since you guys wanted it so bad, I'm taking the entire week to revamp my CG. AKA perfect buffering. I just spent the last 4 hours on it.

D0N

Smash Ace
I think Geno and RBM should MM for 5$ and we should have sidebets as an event at the next ToD Geno can make for sure.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
I think Geno and RBM should MM for 5$ and we should have sidebets as an event at the next ToD Geno can make for sure.
haaa yes!

sk you trollin

as for the theme, im kinda making the thread and artwork, so i guess i get the final say lol we gotta have something we all like and agree on, hence i was going for the 90s cartoon theme. everyone like nostalgia.

heres some more just for ****s and giggles: recess, rocket power, ed edd and eddy, muppet babies, space jam, peewees playhouse, futurama

(not tryin to hate, im just not the biggest megaman fan. never got into it. if we do a mm theme, im gunna be tron bone regardless if shes in the game or not lol)

Genosync

Smash Cadet
tron bonne would be RM Dash (aka Legends) at any rate. so don would still say no.

Also $5 MM offer is out there if you ever want it rbm.

voltron would be epic

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i like the voltron!

no love for adam sandler characters??

D0N

Smash Ace
I don't know anything about voltron other than the name and the machine but I guess thats cool.

I still like megaman x better though. Lots of chars to chose from. theres even a penguin H4X... a penguin... his special weapen even beats the gorilla look alike

Top Bottom