• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Geno, that really only further proves my point. How can he go from not dropping cgs, to dropping cgs, to not dropping cgs, to dropping cgs. It shows that he has the potential to be really good but lacks consistency and execution which once achieved will put him over that gap from being a good player to a great player.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Geno, that really only further proves my point. How can he go from not dropping cgs, to dropping cgs, to not dropping cgs, to dropping cgs. It shows that he has the potential to be really good but lacks consistency and execution which once achieved will put him over that gap from being a good player to a great player.
I have a reason for that, when I started college again, I wasn't playing/practicing on a daily basis like I was back when semester break was going on. I only played like maybe once or twice before this tournament, and they were free for alls... LOL! but yeah, if I do happen to get some decent practice in, I won't drop **** in tournament. I just need to get more practice in, but school is sort of in the way

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Thats part of the reason I quit Ice climbers. I dont own a wii or the game, nor do I have internet to actually practice online. Only practice I get is through tournament play and friendlies if i manage to get people over. I just main Mk now, even when I had a wii and was able to practice I still didnt really do it because ICs are really boring to play and really boring to practice with. And it results in every match being extremely annoying because they run from you, you chase. Id rather just play MK easier, funner, and you need less practice. ICs make a really good secondary but they will never be nationally excepted unless lain starts to play more.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Thats part of the reason I quit Ice climbers. I dont own a wii or the game, nor do I have internet to actually practice online. Only practice I get is through tournament play and friendlies if i manage to get people over. I just main Mk now, even when I had a wii and was able to practice I still didnt really do it because ICs are really boring to play and really boring to practice with. And it results in every match being extremely annoying because they run from you, you chase. Id rather just play MK easier, funner, and you need less practice. ICs make a really good secondary but they will never be nationally excepted unless lain starts to play more.
yeah, that's the only benefit being and IC main, you can practice cgs by yourself no problem. But yeah, I don't really stress about not getting practice, I just put into aspect that I'll have to pull off a lain each tournament lol :awesome: being ridiculously smart, but dropping ever grab you get, lol jk, ANYWAYS, I hope I can do what you said, and finish those executions that would remove the gap thats keeping me from being not just a good player, but a great player as well.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Dark, I got good news and bad news.

Good news. Me and Carlos had a really good serious set yesterday. He was ahead 2-4 before I had to leave.
Bad news, we forgot to save the matches. :V

But yeah, I dropped alot of grabs I should have put through, once I catch up on my calc work I'll actually get to putting in practice.

rhan

Smash Hero
Your general idea is right that Arcadia doesn't always do what the we are use to, but it clearly says 1v1 and no items on the page I gave... read the rules before you bash so hard lol.

but yea, they have HD tvs and the rules don't list counterpick stages. And there is no start time listed as RBM pointed out. Whoever calls the store first to ask about that just post it up.
Wasn't bashing. Just informing. The Melee scene had a tourney there and we had to explain our rules to them while we were there. They were open to the idea and they allowed us to use my two mini TV's in the trunk. They're really chill abouthow they do buisiness.

I was giving a heads up if you guys didn't already do so.

Honeslty... I ****ing love Arcadia. But mainly for their computers and staff. Starcraft 2 is amazing on those. <3

Genosync

Smash Cadet
You dropped only one cg that I can remember and it was at 100% or so anyway. Rest of them your climbers were too far away from each other.

Can't show up this weekend. Gotta go to long island again next week. **** sucks.

Edit: might show up for like an hour or two for friendlies before starting. Get there at 2pm, someone, for once... Whenever I show up I'm the only one that's ever there 'on time'. If we always started at 3pm like the plan is we could actually start working on (and practicing in serious matches) our doubles.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
im not 100% sure if ill be there today. i have a show at my house tonight that i gotta help run and play at. if i do come, ill have to leave around 630ish, so well be starting on time and gettin the matches done. mashis not gunna make it this weekend, so im looking for someone with a laptop that can use tio. sorry this is all so late, ive been making phone calls

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
GGs everyone. I guess I'll write up something.

Don: You just wanted to :troll: me first match or something? gg's though, I'll beat you eventually.
Unknown: Omg your Link is really solid. I can see you doing really well in the future.
Dark: They pitted us against each other, to fight to the death. Its sad. :( Don't get yourself down on your loss to Zo, Zo was doing really well. Hope you at least had fun with the ditto. :V ggs
Zo: I had alot of fun in our set. It was really close, but that SD at the beginning on RC kinda killed it for me. ggs man.

D0N

Smash Ace
I went purely because my friend said he would meet me there with his cousin and I left from NC (decided around 10am today). Had we 3 not shown up there would have only been 7 people. You didnt miss much

D0N

Smash Ace
It was just a spur of the moment thing. It wasn't something I practiced, nor something I intend to or want to practice. I got my *** kicked for it. Good job.

I might try it again though... I got it next time ;)

rhan

Smash Hero
PM me if you have a room for Pound 5 and have space for one more person.

Or just reply to this.

I got a friend that NEEDS a place to stay cuz I'm a diq and forgot to include him in my room and already have both my rooms filled.

rhan

Smash Hero
Well if people read O-NO's thread it was for anyone that wanted to get in.

I'm housing Kadaj and another NC Brawler and Pitzer.

If I had more interest I would have reserved another room for people. Kinda late for that now...

D0N

Smash Ace
New bounties!!!!!

5$ bounties on Nicole (Peach) and Ch33se (IC). Go get me some new favorites for my youtube account!!!

@anyone from SoVA - 20$ bounty to the first to take Kadaj's head in a 5$ recorded MM at Pound. If I see sandbagging in the set you don't get your $$$. He has to use Marth and/or MK. No Famous BS.

As a matter of fact, Famous is ineligable.

:coolmonke

Also a 10$ bounty on Will and Cable if they go. Same Rules + No D3 infinite.

Famous eligable.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
going home for the weekend, hopefully there will be something up in nova that I can attend to and get better experience. see everyone 2 sundays from now

rhan

Smash Hero
This just in I could hook up ONE person with housing but they have to split and stay Friday night through Sunday night. I'll post the guys info in a future 10 miute edit.

PM a player with the screen name of Poltergust if you need a place to stay at Pound. Space is LIMITED!

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Videos from last tourney and a few friendlies have been uploaded.

Also D0N, in that video you gave me to upload, who was the fox player that you were facing?

D0N

Smash Ace
Umm... Put the Fox player as Hiku.

Lol shut up Kadaj I know I did bad. D1AOS' kill last game was dirty, he probly knew I wanted to jump on the spring and just put it in front of me just because :laugh:

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
D1AOS' kill last game was dirty, he probly knew I wanted to jump on the spring and just put it in front of me just because :laugh:
I always want to jump on the spring. Carlos makes it seem so fun, until he follows you up there to up air gimp you.

Also, why did you put my name as "Enda" instead of "Rubberbandman" in the vids? I'm still pretty aaa that everyone started calling me that.

Top Bottom