• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

D0N

Smash Ace
So when Pound comes around, I want to see a set with Carlos and Kadaj recorded. Like a 1-5$ MM or something.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
dang pitzer, you always talkin mad ****! lol didnt i place higher than you? :bee:

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
So i figured out what I was doing wrong.

I was using the jump buttons to shield and the shield buttons to jump but without thinking that the special buttons were actually used to do special attacks rather than attack normally to actually inflict damage but when the upsmash connects with shields and you are able to jump the force therefore exceeds the endlag of the move into a downward motion and executes a tech chase.

Simple.
what nonsense.

Don, I like how there is a date but no time.

D0N

Smash Ace
I didn't even notice lol.

@DarkFlame - Go for it.

@anyone from SoVA - 20$ bounty to the first to take Kadaj's head in a 5$ recorded MM at Pound. If I see sandbagging in the set you don't get your $$$. He has to use Marth and/or MK. No Famous BS.

As a matter of fact, Famous is ineligable.

:coolmonke

Also a 10$ bounty on Will and Cable if they go. Same Rules + No D3 infinite.

Famous eligable.

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
god im bored something needs to happen ppl need some shake-ups in this b. good **** to darkflame and hax don't really know what the **** i was doing playing ya'll but good **** i'll pay ya'll back.

don-hmmmmmmm

D0N

Smash Ace
Go practice the DK chaingrab some more and then go to pound and get your shake-ups :)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
see everyone tomorrow that's going. great attendance last week. hope to see more of it in the future.

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
pshh cgs i havent wanted to play brawl in weeks game got uninteresting time to find something fun bout it again

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
pshh cgs i havent wanted to play brawl in weeks game got uninteresting time to find something fun bout it again
hey man, I appreciate it, I'm just simply doing my best and trying to make the most out of the community and contribute to it's overall improvement. I know what you mean how the game can seem uninteresting or frustrating at times. All I can say is that maybe once you start improving and seeing you yourself have a lot more potential, and I know you do :)! it'll start getting more fun again.
GGS to everyone at the tournament, god D1aos, I'm gonna get you one of these days D:<! and let's get this crew up on the map where it needs to be, SOVATOD!!! <3 :D!

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
hey man, I appreciate it, I'm just simply doing my best and trying to make the most out of the community and contribute to it's overall improvement. I know what you mean how the game can seem uninteresting or frustrating at times. All I can say is that maybe once you start improving and seeing you yourself have a lot more potential, and I know you do :)! it'll start getting more fun again.
GGS to everyone at the tournament, god D1aos, I'm gonna get you one of these days D:<! and let's get this crew up on the map where it needs to be, SOVATOD!!! <3 :D!
i got really aggresive playing against you that day after waiting so long it was just play

Experiment with your character maybe?
coming from this guy XP theres so many different cg variations you can do XP
Master the CG on DK and take Don's money by beating Cable or Will?
got the cg down more of the turn around. always the hardest part of it

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
coming from this guy XP theres so many different cg variations you can do XP
Yup. And like 30 desynchs, and those desynchs branch off into about 3-5 sub categories.

My character is more fun than you think, I just HAVE to do boring **** if I want to be successful right now. :(

One day I'll have some crazy *** desynching climbers that can actually ****. Thats always been my dream.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
thanks zo. im workin my *** off lately to try to get better again. gentlemans match at the fest today??

and id be down to go to that arcadia tourney if i could find a ride out there. i still cant drive. itd be good to go and hand out fliers.

rhan

Smash Hero
Be warned at Arcadia.

You might want to bring your own standard def TV's.

ANd you might want to explain the starndard tourney rules to them otherwise you'd be doing FFA's with Items on random stages.

D0N

Smash Ace
Be warned at Arcadia.

You might want to bring your own standard def TV's.

ANd you might want to explain the starndard tourney rules to them otherwise you'd be doing FFA's with Items on random stages.
Your general idea is right that Arcadia doesn't always do what the we are use to, but it clearly says 1v1 and no items on the page I gave... read the rules before you bash so hard lol.

but yea, they have HD tvs and the rules don't list counterpick stages. And there is no start time listed as RBM pointed out. Whoever calls the store first to ask about that just post it up.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
thanks SK, I really appreciate it man, just let me know the pros and cons etc. also, I hope to see everyone again this week, I'm feeling a lot more confident now :)! I know I'm about to win one of these things D:<!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Dark Flame,
I looked at most of your grand finals set with d1aos. To me it felt like your were being overly aggressive at times that you didnt always have to be. The match up between Ice climbers and sonic is more of a campy match up. I felt you were approaching him way more than your probably should have which was making opportunities for him to tack small hits on your thus making you more aggressive because you lost the lead or in the process of losing it. Which was the case in some matches where you actually had the lead but decided to approach his spin dash camp. So id have to say on that subject you should learn to be a little more patient, you should wait at all times but smash is about options and knowing what to do when to do it. And I just felt like some of your choices were poor. Even more so when you were left with only popo, at this point you should really focus on tacking on dmg through blizzards/jabs/bairs/ and uairs. Less Ice blocks because they are extremely unsafe and squalls because they are unsafe as sopo.
You approach really aggressively at times against his spin dash. Most sonic never just spin dash into you, instead they wait for you to do something than spin dash in between your attack frames because thats when its safest. Be more cautious about what you do when he spin dashes. A lot more pivot grab and bairs becauase you can jab almost right after you do a short hop bair if he decides to push in after the bair. I noticed in game 4 you pivot grabbed his spin dash and took his 1st stock really fast, but game 5 you just played aggro against his spin dash and it didnt work out.

When it comes down to you and d1aos you guys are so close in skill that I felt that the set really came down to who made the most small mistakes and thats what determined the winner. You just made a little more than he did, with dropped cgs/poor di/poor spacing/missed opportunities and so fourth.

My advice would be to play a little safer, more patient and just work on cleaning up your execution the difference between a win and loss can really just be 1 or 2 small mistakes.

i didnt proof read this btw

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Dark Flame,
I looked at most of your grand finals set with d1aos. To me it felt like your were being overly aggressive at times that you didnt always have to be. The match up between Ice climbers and sonic is more of a campy match up. I felt you were approaching him way more than your probably should have which was making opportunities for him to tack small hits on your thus making you more aggressive because you lost the lead or in the process of losing it. Which was the case in some matches where you actually had the lead but decided to approach his spin dash camp. So id have to say on that subject you should learn to be a little more patient, you should wait at all times but smash is about options and knowing what to do when to do it. And I just felt like some of your choices were poor. Even more so when you were left with only popo, at this point you should really focus on tacking on dmg through blizzards/jabs/bairs/ and uairs. Less Ice blocks because they are extremely unsafe and squalls because they are unsafe as sopo.
You approach really aggressively at times against his spin dash. Most sonic never just spin dash into you, instead they wait for you to do something than spin dash in between your attack frames because thats when its safest. Be more cautious about what you do when he spin dashes. A lot more pivot grab and bairs becauase you can jab almost right after you do a short hop bair if he decides to push in after the bair. I noticed in game 4 you pivot grabbed his spin dash and took his 1st stock really fast, but game 5 you just played aggro against his spin dash and it didnt work out.

When it comes down to you and d1aos you guys are so close in skill that I felt that the set really came down to who made the most small mistakes and thats what determined the winner. You just made a little more than he did, with dropped cgs/poor di/poor spacing/missed opportunities and so fourth.

My advice would be to play a little safer, more patient and just work on cleaning up your execution the difference between a win and loss can really just be 1 or 2 small mistakes.

i didnt proof read this btw
yeah, I really did play way too aggro, it's a habit I get from playing too much melee :awesome:!! but regardless, there are a lot of things I will definitely work on, and I'll definitely play a lot more patient next time, thanks for the advice man =)!

Top Bottom