• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Hm, they might have DI'd down.
That's what I was thinking. I can't really check right now, but i think she was at a moderately high damage percentage.
I'll check when I get home tomorrow, I've been out of town for the past 2 weeks, Korea to Fiji, back to Korea, and now I'm in L.A.

Good to see yuo btw hat donning cat.
thanks.

Tenki

Smash Hero
About 2 months ago, I was playing a friendly with my cousin.
I jumped during a fully charged down-b, hit the opponent in mid-air, and sent them downwards, exactly at a 45 degree angle. Spike!?!?! Hax!!! Has anyone else encountered this? I apologize if this is already common knowledge, but i haven't been here as frequently as I used too. I'm pretty oblivious to anything discovered after late May.
I have the replay saved, but unfortunately my recording equipment is busted. I could try sending it. I still have some of Fc's.
I think you may have missed ASC, since that was late may lol

anyway, yeah, I've seen it happen, but usually it's more stupid for me because:
1) I'm trying to do a spindash combo
2) My opponent gets hit by the SDJ (spindash jump/ jumping from the roll attack)
3) Not only does my opponent get hit by the SDJ, which screws up my combo, but he gets hit backwards
4) ...but he gets semispiked to the floor... behind me. Where I obviously cannot hit in time because I'm rising and travelling in the opposite direction.

It really might just be DI, just like the F-air semi spike :[

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I think you may have missed ASC, since that was late may lol

anyway, yeah, I've seen it happen, but usually it's more stupid for me because:
1) I'm trying to do a spindash combo
2) My opponent gets hit by the SDJ (spindash jump/ jumping from the roll attack)
3) Not only does my opponent get hit by the SDJ, which screws up my combo, but he gets hit backwards
4) ...but he gets semispiked to the floor... behind me. Where I obviously cannot hit in time because I'm rising and travelling in the opposite direction.

It really might just be DI, just like the F-air semi spike :[
Yeah what the hell is all this ASC stuff about? Any vids?

Seriously. You've been gone FOREVER. Welcome back.
Yeah I've been trying to keep my @$$ out of summer school, and I've had some other s*** to deal with. But it's good to be back.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
hat donning cat, check the video thread and look at the videos of Anthinus. He uses it a lot. You basically start your down-b in mid-air and release it and hold forward. That's pretty much it, but it has some options and is a lot more useful than you might think. Just watch the videos to get an idea of what I mean.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Thanks for that link Twink. Althinus' Sonic seems to be faster paced than the average Sonic user.
I'm intrigued. Is there a thread discussing said "options" for the ASC?

Edit: are you still updating that gimp guide? I've been having trouble with Lucas lately.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I told you to stop calling me twink -.-

The updates for the gimp guide have not been happening lately because I don't have a Wii right now. And this is really something I'd rather do myself to make sure it gets done right so... yeah.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Go to link in my sign, in the "others" section there's a link with the super roll stuff...

About super roll, I feel like everybody ingnored my last question... :(
I think that was my fault. My apologies to you.

edit: so a super roll is basically shield cancelled SD from a dash? Not exactly new. I've been using this as another approach option, ever since Brawl was released in NA.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
What buttons did you press? Don't you remember? That can help us to figure out what was that...

BTW I found the Super Roll very useful to mind game. Use it once to retreat, then dash again and super roll behind them. The Spin Dash sound confuses my opponents and they'll attack in front of them , finally ftilt them XD ... Spin Dash Pivot stuff isn't as good, FrostByte was right :)

Have somebody find a way to use super roll too?

@TwinkleToes: To answer you something about Super Roll. The distance increased is similar (or equal) to the distance Sonic moves back when he fully charges a Spin Dash. If you full dash and do a side B, Sonic will move that distance forward. Try it this way: Full dash and side B (hold) near the edge... You'll end Spin Dash charging off stage lol...
About the name... I couldn't think something else, just used "super roll" (maybe for the SD sound). :ohwell:
I wish I remembered but I don't. I should have quit and saved itXD

It could very well be thisV but I can't recreate it for some reason....

I've actually done it as well its not a result of lag. You move at below walking speed.

Its sort of like DDD's running hammer. If you tilt ever so slightly sonic will start his running animation but move ridiculously slow.
But if DDD does it with his side B and tilts ever so slightly he goes zooming across the stage.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
- Fox-Trotting
How to Perform: Do an initial dash, then do another immediately afterward without any running. Can be repeated many times in a row.
Effect: Character does several initial dashes. A component of the True Pivot, useful for little else as it exacerbates the probability of tripping.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Foxtrot? It's not very useful IMO because it commits you to your dash attack.

Then again, making it look like you're stopping, then doing a delayed dash attack works sometimes.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
And delay shield grab.

But really it's a pretty dumb thing to do now. The chances of you getting smacked in the face as you come screeching to a halt are too high for people to do it anymore.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I think you are. Is it effective at all when you do it? I prefer empty short-hopping by a lot... but maybe I missed something :/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You trip a little more, but since I trip all the time, I dun care. It's actually rather useful, due to how fast he is. Run in, bait an attack, run out of it's range, run right back in and punish. Good times.

Browny

Smash Hater
omg i got a spring stage spike tonight... marths hanging on the FD ledge, i drop it right above him, sure enough he tries to ledgehop a fair.... owned

never underestimate the spring spike gimp

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
TwinkleToes, Tenki... I have a little question about Super Roll in my vid thread for you two. I really hope you can answer me guys. I need to find some answers and I know you can help me.
I know the roll itself don't get increased with super roll, but I think full dash->SD moves you a bit forward before you roll. I think the total distance increased in Super Roll is more than a Normal dash Roll...
Please, look for my question on my thread... :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Alright, I did some further testing on it and found this:

When you do side-B>instant shield from a full dash, you actually get pushed/skid/"teleport" forward quite a bit.

It's much longer than a shield slide, which is interesting to note, since it's so "instant".

But starting as soon as you shield, it's the same distance as any other roll.
And that's why the Super Roll looks longer.

What you found/noticed was actually a weird property of side-B where you gain extra distance using an "insta slide" from side-B on a full run. Pretty cool though.

Tenki

Smash Hero
hay, so I was playing w/ someone yesterday, and I did a spin charge.

When I got to the edge, I did an immediate turnaround.

I think I may have rolled off the edge and like... jerked back onto the level with timing similar to the B-reversal/spinshot.

It was kinda weird cause I hit the guy sort of around the same time that it happened.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I just found something cool. u all know you can semi-spike with dair right? If you oponent is recovering and is close to the ledge,Dair and hit him with your Back,not you front. / x -----

It turns the dair into a true spike! I did this last night in a Sonic ditto on battlefield. My opponent went straight down.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I just found something cool. u all know you can semi-spike with dair right? If you oponent is recovering and is close to the ledge,Dair and hit him with your Back,not you front. / x -----

It turns the dair into a true spike! I did this last night in a Sonic ditto on battlefield. My opponent went straight down.
Go to my vid thread and look for something called "How to Dair Tutorial" or something. It will help you to stage spike with dair...

I'll test some stuff similar to the super roll (using full dash->side B). If I found something I'll let you know guys... :)

Top Bottom