• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Tenki

Smash Hero
Traveling faster in midair

On a non-spring related note, the SDJ (spindash jump) travels through air faster than normal jumps, but higher/slower than spinshotting. It's the middle ground between the two, and it also gives you a small 'attack' state while you're at it.

Also, all SDJ, regardless of amount of charge, travel at the same speed.

hope that wasn't so obvious ._.;

samper

Smash Cadet
Is it just my imagination, or can the homing attack be canceled faster if you use it while jumping during a spin dash vs just using it at any other time. I don't have access to my wii at the moment, but after watching a few videos I could swear I've seen it activate faster during a spin dash jump, not a massive difference in activation time mind you, but faster just the same.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Hm, might be harder to tell the transition from spin dash to homing attack is occurring but there shouldn't be any true difference.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I just added Catinthehat in his entirety. Now I just need to wait for the registration to go through. When I send it. Look right after Pit is gimped for his second life, he Fsmashes me and I make it back to the stage. I bair edgeguard and then it happens.

Well, I put asterisks by it which as I indicate at the bottom of the post means the entry isn't verified yet so believe what you will of that.
It's about to have the crap verified out of it with any luck. :)

It makes no sense to me though that you'd be able to up-b again simply after u-airing as that would be ridiculously cheap and we all know it.

Yes it will be. It's a fluid motion too. So there's no telling when it's coming or not.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Dunno if it's a useful glitch, but when you choose yellow Sonic, his jumping shadows look a bit weird... o_O

Go to WiFi, choose yellow Sonic and jump, HA, SDC, etc - look at his shadow on the stage... then choose another color and look at the shadow again.

Well, that's about it >_>

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I just added Catinthehat in his entirety. Now I just need to wait for the registration to go through. When I send it. Look right after Pit is gimped for his second life, he Fsmashes me and I make it back to the stage. I bair edgeguard and then it happens.

It's about to have the crap verified out of it with any luck. :)

Yes it will be. It's a fluid motion too. So there's no telling when it's coming or not.
We both have to be on at the same time for the Brawl registration to go through. What time can you get on?

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
wtf indeed o_O

EDIT: I'm sorry, but it seems that Pit FSJ'd you right before your first uair. In other words, the same that happened to me (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6VgenRn9Y) but a lot less visible.

I got the .flv and watched "frame-by-frame". It looked like Pit did FSJ one frame before he was hit by the uair.

Well, that's what I think. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. =\

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I am impressed. Good find, this seems to at the very least give Sonic an extra combo option. I think it might be that you hit Pit and maybe that allowed you to do it... I'll test this a bit now that I've seen what it looks like.

Tenki

Smash Hero
wtf indeed o_O

EDIT: I'm sorry, but it seems that Pit FSJ'd you right before your first uair. In other words, the same that happened to me (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6VgenRn9Y) but a lot less visible.

I got the .flv and watched "frame-by-frame". It looked like Pit did FSJ one frame before he was hit by the uair.

Well, that's what I think. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. =\

This could be true :[

Umby

Smash Master
Footstool during invincibility does sound reasonable.

edit: scratch that. Sonic definitely uaired before Pit's chance to footstool, and were he to have footstooled during the window between up+B invincibility and the uair, I think he would have jumped higher.

Maybe it's a hit cancel like dash attack canceled up smashes?

samper

Smash Cadet
Pit definatly jumps right before the Uair hits, but I don't think he's anywhere near close enough to get a footstool. Sonic is in the middle of doing the Uair's two hits (so Sonic does the split portion, Pit jumps, and then he gets hit with the second part of Uair) so if it was a footstool, Pit would have had to use it on Sonic while he was doing his Uair and I've personally never heard of anyone doing the footstool on someone's hit box.

So unless you can footstool jump off of Sonic's crotch mere frames before the second kick comes out, I don't think that's what happened (again though, I'm pretty sure Pit wasn't close enough to footstool since neither one of them ever come close to touching each other until the second part of Uair hits).

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Sorry, it was a FSJ.

Look at Pit's right arm just before he gets hit by the first Spring -> uair.

Compare it with Pit's right arm when he's simply double jumping.

And compare it with Pit's right arm when he actually FSJ's someone.

Yeah, sorry =\

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Not a FSJ. Sonic has zero invincibility frames on his uair. If it were a FSJ, it would have knocked him out of the uair. I've had my aerials beaten by FSJ before. Also, if it were a FSJ, he would have gone flying upwards, and not just stayed to get hit.

Wondering if you can do another upb after certain frames of aerials. That would account for being able to spring again after dairing the spring you set on the ground.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Agree to disagree. Until we can get someone to record the replay super zoomed in and in slow-mo, we can't be 100% sure on this, I suppose. Sorry if I'm a bit of a **** at times, life is just stressful, and debating on smashboards is a great way to blow off steam.

Tenki

Smash Hero

He's not doing a FSJ. He's posing heroically because he knows he's about to get u-airpwnd

:[ he snuck in a FSJ at the top of sonic's up-B and got caught by the kick.
[edit] at 00:09, you can see Pit get a slight boost upwards ._.

Tenki

Smash Hero
But aren't you stuck in some bizarre form of hit stun after a FSJ?
Sometimes, but not always. Maybe only in 'neutral' cases, like empty jumps where you don't attack.

Sonic Orochi said:
I'm sorry, but it seems that Pit FSJ'd you right before your first uair. In other words, the same that happened to me (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6VgenRn9Y) but a lot less visible.

From Sonic's animation alone, you can't tell that he got FSJ'd, but you CAN tell by Pit's boost.

Oh Pit, you're such a ruiner. I will kill the next Pit I play against with prejudice to avenge the Sonic boards ._.;

[edit]
lol for posting at the same time

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I converted the raw video to lower res to speed up the upload times.
I'm going to try to get the full res up there but don't expect any sooner than an hour.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I am certain it's not a FSJ. I've seen the vid 30 times. I have viewed it from a plethora of angles. Pit is simply to far for it to be a FSJ. If you see it zoomed up from below, you see Pit in his idle state a split second before the second part of Sonic's uair. I am willing to send it to anyone who wants it. As we speak I'm converting the full res video into a file compatible for youtube. I will probably capture an angled shot of the Double Spring.

Top Bottom