• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Okay, maybe I should make a thread alright... so people can ask stuff about it there.

Glad you guys liked it =)

EDIT: lol, the ending was something I thought at the last minute... I do think it's cool, though :laugh:

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Added air tripping to the list. It's an interesting find that started from Yuna's thread about air tripping and the many reports of air tripping with various characters. Sonic's "air trip" was debunked as a glitch and not a game mechanic; however, I kept the entry name to "air trip" in honor of all those who researched it :o

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yes.

I was trying to do it on purpose yesterday. You can actually still do stuff if you do them before the air trip animation starts xD

Forgot to try to see if it would still work the same if you cancelled the tumble with f-air, cause that's what I usually do if I aim to spring that close to the floor.

Browny

Smash Hater
omg i got an ASC KO today, falco chased me up, going for a u-air KO, 3-tap charged vB hits him and star KO's at 120% :>>>

i thought it was completely impractical, but its got a huge surprise factor.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Zeal, air tripping as Yuna presented it was non-existant, and I am reasonably confident that he's just being obstinate about it at this point. But, since it's possible to purposely recreate the event, I would classify it as a glitch. And to prevent people from posting it here or accidentally falling victim to it in game I posted the entry up.

Browny

Smash Hater
more things

u-air priority etc

today i u-air against my brother who was doing his d-air as toon link, and it went straight through it. ive also seen videos where it goes through things like rob's nair. discuss

Tenki

Smash Hero
more things

u-air priority etc

today i u-air against my brother who was doing his d-air as toon link, and it went straight through it. ive also seen videos where it goes through things like rob's nair. discuss
its attack box extends slightly past the graphic of the clap- Lucario style.

You can beat Yoshi and Bowser's down-B with it xD

same with D3's up-B.

we need a move discussion thread lul.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yo, about the edge scraping, and the side B cancel:

if you look in the tactical discussion, there's a thread about why those happen. An interesting thread, and a great discovery...

btw, nice compilation, I'll be working my way through these when I get the chance ^_^

St. Viers

Smash Champion
well priority is only size of hit box, speed it comes out,property of the hitbox (projectile, disjointed, or joined), and number in the one attack (why shiek's needles owned so much)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Oye, does anyone have problems controlling the Homing Stall?

more often than not, I'm stuck under a platform stupidly going left and right over and over again. It bothers me.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think you can control your DI for a bit, which naturally leads to bad things happening when you try to get back.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't think you can control your DI for a bit, which naturally leads to bad things happening when you try to get back.
Well, it's more like

-[Homing attack into ceiling] (slides left)
-falls a bit, still moving left
-[Homing attack into ceiling] (slides right)
-falls a bit, holding left

and repeat.

seriously @.@:

though, one time, I was in a wifi 2v2 and I was trapped like this. A pikachu came in to try to finish me and HA locked on him and stage spiked LOL

but really, is there a trick to getting it to move in the direction you want to go?

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Don't think so. And I don't know why the pikachu wouldn't just jolt you to 999 and then bother with the finish.

Tenki

Smash Hero
If it hits a ceiling, don't you home in toward the ceiling no matter what? I've had some custom stages with little corridors and using HA in a corridor while opponent was under me = ceiling.

Oh, on another note, you can do a ground stall if the platform moves into you while you're charging (Onett trees, Orpheon?, Lylat Cruise...)

R4ZE

Smash Ace
if a guy is standing on FD, and you are under the platform doing homing stall.

say for example he is in the middle of FD, he is still affecting your HA because your HA will try to hit him, but smack into a wall. (i;m assuming that he is in HA range at the middle of FD... which may not be true.. but the point is that if your opponent is in range of HA, it affects your control over it... hitting into the ceiling at the start of a HA doesent mean that you control it completely)

now if he is out of HA range completely, like if he is on the left of FD, and your on the right... then you have control over your HA and can DI it after it smacks thes ceiling.

and it is actually possible for oppenents to stand in certain places to make it so sonic cant stall forever on FD (but i sitll think this would be a great method for avoiding FS's... if you eve rplay with FS on.)

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You have to b-reversal (if that's what they call it now) the homing attack to control it. That's pressing the direction before you hit b.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Okay, I figured it out, kinda.

If your opponent is out of range of your HA, you can control it via b-reversals.
If your opponent is in range, then that's when you start doing stupid crap like bouncing back and forth forever.

Also, I want someone to take a look into this:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173957

some weird slide out of a sidestep.

Top Bottom