• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
17 and playing MGS1 right now

I love the series and 3 is one of my favorite games
Haha, I feel so young, I'm about to turn fifteen in August.
I sent a Message to the Creator of this post (don't worry it's in Japanese) here's what some comments say
スネーク改めスネックの参戦にご期待ください- Please look forward to participation of snake revised Sunekku
あれ?確かスマブラに参戦してるスネークはネイキッドじゃなくてソリッドだったはず- That one? Snake that is competing in the Smash Bros. is certainly should have been solid rather're naked
I'll let you know when the user contacts me! :ness:
Who made that?

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm too lazy to browse 63 pages of thread I'm gonna bring up the fact that a central reason Kojima asked for Snake in Melee was so that his son could see his father's work in an accessible game for slightly younger audiences.

How many of you are under 18 and yet Metal Gear fans? Be honest :4pacman:
I was under 18 when he was added to Brawl but I'm 22 now. It didn't introduce the series to me, I played Metal Gear Solid when I was 7. I was fairly hyped about him being added to Smash unexpectedly, good times.

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Since I'm too lazy to browse 63 pages of thread I'm gonna bring up the fact that a central reason Kojima asked for Snake in Melee was so that his son could see his father's work in an accessible game for slightly younger audiences.

How many of you are under 18 and yet Metal Gear fans? Be honest :4pacman:

Since the ps2

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
15, 17, and 22 years old? My god, i am the old snake around here haha
Oh good, somebody older than me. I was starting to feel out of place by not being a teenager. Now I can pretend to be up to date with all the cool totally radicals things happening among my fellow youths.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
I remember seeing my brother play through the Twin Snakes when I was like 12. The minute Revolver Ocelot first appeared on screen I was like "OHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWDDDDDD!!1111!!!one! Best video gamez character evah!*listens to dragonforce unironically*".

Then I played through the Twin Snake back in January for my first time. The minute the Grey Fox appeared on screen I was like "OHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWDDDDDD!!1111!!!one! Best video gamez character evah!*listens to cocteau twins*".

In one way my tastes were awful when I was 12 and in another way they were better.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm 16 and am a huge fan, but haven't played a single game. I'm working up the courage to ask my Dad if I can play an MGS game. I'm hoping he'll say yes, as I showed him Snake's DACUS (as well as the character's move set in general) in Brawl and he loved it.

@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd You're 15 years old? I thought you were 19.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Why does it feel like this is the last safe haven for snake fans?
So much against snake every where I go and never with a good reason.
It always delves into "I don't like him so he better not come back or Nintendo history".
Forgetting the fact that he was in brawl already. I could understand those arguments if we were just asking for him out of the blue.

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
I'm 16 and am a huge fan, but haven't played a single game. I'm working up the courage to ask my Dad if I can play an MGS game. I'm hoping he'll say yes, as I showed him Snake's DACUS (as well as the character's move set in general) in Brawl and he loved it.

If your dad lets you I definitely recommend you start with MGS 1, or else your not gonna know wtf is happening.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
If your dad lets you I definitely recommend you start with MGS 1, or else your not gonna know wtf is happening.
Imo, 3's pretty perfect to start with too. MGS2 is okay to start with, since you'll know just as much Raiden does if you read the Shadow Moses story. The rest are only fine to start with if you don't mind spoiling previous entry's.(Exception is the original Metal Gears.)

It always delves into "I don't like him so he better not come back or Nintendo history".
Forgetting the fact that he was in brawl already. I could understand those arguments if we were just asking for him out of the blue.
From most Nintendo fanboys, its pretty much because they haven't touched the series. It's a shame they didn't try MGS3D considering it came out for that reason -_-
I feel Snake's pretty important to Smash Bros. because of Brawl, so its a shame others don't see that.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
A hell of a lot of people act like he wasn't in Brawl at all and that he is some completely out-there choice with no precedence. If Snake isn't in then it's going to bother me how many of his dissenters will use it as a vindication of their spurious arguments, acting as if they "knew" all along and weren't just right by essentially coincidence.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I intend to. My dad is passionate when it comes to the military, due to his career in it. He's okay with military-esque games, but not FPS'.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know Snake is suppose to keep us waiting but I hope we get a reveal for him soon. I've been sad since my favorite smash web comic is ending, and it would be nice if we all could get some positive smash related news.

Oh and I'm also 15 and only started my first metal gear game a few weeks ago. But I've always wanted Snake in smash 4, even before I played mgs1. There is just something about his character and contrast to the other smash characters that I really like.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
24 here. Been a fan since day Snake Eater first released. Man I hope Snake makes it back in....

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I know Snake is suppose to keep us waiting but I hope we get a reveal for him soon. I've been sad since my favorite smash web comic is ending, and it would be nice if we all could get some positive smash related news.

Oh and I'm also 15 and only started my first metal gear game a few weeks ago. But I've always wanted Snake in smash 4, even before I played mgs1. There is just something about his character and contrast to the other smash characters that I really like.
*Checks the latest Brawl in the Family comic*
NOOOOOOOOOOOO-
That's the saddest news ever...
A Snake reveal would indeed make me feel better, I still remember him butting in the Captain Falcon and Samus date one.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Man, all these Loomers need to stop hatin on Snake. It's quite shallow, perhaps Only Shallow. Snake's inclusion in Brawl Touched me in ways that no other character can compare to. Perhaps they should Come in Alone into this thread instead of in groups; or at least not When You Sleep.

I Only Said this once, but I'll say it again: Snake is what I want and I know Snake is What You Want; but Sometimes I doubt his chances. I have Blown a Wish for him and hope to see him Soon. Regarding when I think we'll seem him, it's really To Here Knows When.
Really bizarre place to see this reference but man what a great album

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

I totally lied to the birth year thing and most everything else matching my age, mostly because I didn't want everyone to know I was fourteen. I'm always cautious about picking up stalkers and creeps on the internet, better safe than sorry after all.
But anyway my first Metal Gear game was MGS 2, not the best chose in hindsight all things considered but I still enjoyed it and it was what I had at the time (XBOX HD collection). You can imagine my confusion when I checked some communities about the game and everyone was: "I despise Raidan".

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I totally lied to the birth year thing and most everything else matching my age, mostly because I didn't want everyone to know I was fourteen. I'm always cautious about picking up stalkers and creeps on the internet, better safe than sorry after all.
But anyway my first Metal Gear game was MGS 2, not the best chose in hindsight all things considered but I still enjoyed it and it was what I had at the time (XBOX HD collection). You can imagine my confusion when I checked some communities about the game and everyone was: "I despise Raidan".
Rest assured there no creeps on Smashboards just a few haters.

Ok guys Comic-Con today feel free to join my Comic-Con thread http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...pise-but-dont-get-your-hopes-up.361690/page-8

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Rest assured there no creeps on Smashboards just a few haters.

Ok guys Comic-Con today feel free to join my Comic-Con thread http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...pise-but-dont-get-your-hopes-up.361690/page-8
*Squinty eyes* What if you're a creep...
Just kidding, just kidding. This seems like a pretty clean site.
I will mosey my way on over to your thread and do what I do best, nerd out about Metal Gear!
On another note, I was thinking last night, Zelda kept her TP dress for smash 4 and so did Link which is a little odd given the game is 8+ years old. Now considering this it makes me wonder if it's possible that we might actually keep MGS 2 Sneaking suit, for old times sake or because it's simply become iconic. Just a little though. It seems that most of the characters have been rebooted but are otherwise the same, I believe Fox is another example.

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Really bizarre place to see this reference but man what a great album
Cool, Nothing Is better than seeing someone else who likes this band. If I Am correct that is....

Back on topic though, I think another reason I love Snake is that I always pick the military character in video games for some reason. In a universe filled with combatants like a pink marshmallow, mushroom-eating plumbers, a face humping monkey, and a nude hedgehog running around with only shoes on, I'm going to pick the guy who is just a soldier with a gun explosives.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*Checks the latest Brawl in the Family comic*
NOOOOOOOOOOOO-
That's the saddest news ever...
A Snake reveal would indeed make me feel better, I still remember him butting in the Captain Falcon and Samus date one.

YOU HAD TO SAY THAT HERE DIDNT YOU D:

Damn, how the hell did my age subject blow up so quickly, lol.

Might as well show my story. Brawl introduced me to Metal Gear at 13, and I went through the series in a jarring order: 4, peace walker, 1, then 2 and 3. To this day I haven't completed 3 |:<

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Love it.
Sakurai is just trolling us with Snake, any day now and he'll be revealed. Than everything will explode as all the anti-Snake people just quietly flee to save face about having been so ridiculously wrong.

I hope he's voiced by David Hayter but Keith Sutherland's voice never particularly bothered me in Ground Zeros. So I have a preference but I wouldn't throw a temper tantrum if we don't get Hayter.
Yeah I would be fine with Sutherland.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't feel like Sutherland could pull off the comedic tone that Smash Bros. generally has, but that's just me. I can't really see him pulling off something like Snake's Codec conversation about Wario, for example.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Look what I found on Wikipedia it says
"Hayter's final performance as Snake was the release of the Digital Graphic Novel adaptations of Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2, which were released as part of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection in 2013."
I hope this isn't true because I know anybody can edit Wikipedia

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that it might just be thought to be his last performance.
It may not officially be his last.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was just watching D1's stream, and he just mentioned that someone asked Hideo Kojima about Snake being in Smash at Comic Con, and Kojima rolled his eyes and shook his head. I didn't catch the name of the person who asked it, so it could just be a rumor, but if it's true, that worries me.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hey, I was just watching D1's stream, and he just mentioned that someone asked Hideo Kojima about Snake being in Smash at Comic Con, and Kojima rolled his eyes and shook his head. I didn't catch the name of the person who asked it, so it could just be a rumor, but if it's true, that worries me.
I'm guessing people were asking him about it a lot or something so he got annoyed, but it kinda worries me too.

KazuhiraFiddle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sr.LightningBolt
Doesn't really sound like something Kojima would do. He's a pretty nice guy.
Also, in a recent interview with Raiden from MGS' voice actor he states that David Hayter still plays Snake, just not Big Boss.
Could mean he's doing Snake's voice for Smash.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm real worried now. This sounds an awful like Hideki Kamiya Story where fans keep asking for Bayonetta and he got really really mad

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I'm real worried now. This sounds an awful like Hideki Kamiya Story where fans keep asking for Bayonetta and he got really really mad
Like KazuhiraFiddle said (nice name btw), it doesn't seem like Kojima would do something like this, since he's normally nice, so I would wait for an article about it. He could just be messing with us, but that's the worst part about Kojima- he trolls people so much, that we never know when he's being serious about stuff like this.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Doesn't really sound like something Kojima would do. He's a pretty nice guy.
Also, in a recent interview with Raiden from MGS' voice actor he states that David Hayter still plays Snake, just not Big Boss.
Could mean he's doing Snake's voice for Smash.
Oh where's that interview from? I get really sad seeing David Hayter not using Snake icons in Twitter anymore but at least that'd be reassuring.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Like KazuhiraFiddle said (nice name btw), it doesn't seem like Kojima would do something like this, since he's normally nice, so I would wait for an article about it. He could just be messing with us, but that's the worst part about Kojima- he trolls people so much, that we never know when he's being serious about stuff like this.
Well if anything he should get a good taste of the fan demand snake has for smash bros, he cant ignore it at this point.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Personally, I have a difficult time believing a second-hand story about Kojima's apparent reaction to a question (which, if it even happened, might have been reacting to a completely different question) that isn't covered anywhere else. Without any sort of video, I'm not going to take that seriously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom