• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I have a difficult time believing a second-hand story about Kojima's apparent reaction to a question (which, if it even happened, might have been reacting to a completely different question) that isn't covered anywhere else. Without any sort of video, I'm not going to take that seriously.
Yeah, that's why I'm hoping Kojima did an interview or two while at Comic Con, because maybe then someone will have asked him about it. For as big of a game Smash Bros is, and as big of a reveal Snake was, I've only seen him be asked about it once, which was when he had replied while laughing

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
My first Metal Gear game was MGS 1 and I played it when I was 6, didn't understand what was going on, and was stuck on the first room, played it again when I was 12 and I LOVED IT every thing about it was AMAZING, the memory card thing, the part where you have to "heal" your arm by putting the remote up against your real arm and it vibrates, the torture chamber, that one gaurd that was sick and got diarea (I think, or he threw up, I don't know) switching disks for more content (I played on the ps1 disks) ah, such an amazing game! Sadly I haven't played 2, 3, 4 or even ground zeroes, but me and my brother loves MG and he recently got MG rising (he likes dudes with swords lol ) Btw I'm 16 and he's 13 ^-^

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Does anyone remember when Snake was first announced in the brawl trailer. I remember my mind was just blown to pieces. I didn't know what to think. My older brothers thought they would master him. Then the game came out. I became a Snake Eater.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
When I saw Snake being annunced for Brawl, I was like "Who is this guy?", because I've never played a MGS game. After Brawl relase, I've really enjoyed his playstyle, but I never try one of his games because I hate war games. But, some mounths ago, I've found MGS3D Snake Eater used at 10€, so I've decided to buy it just for have a game of all the Smash character. After 5 minutes I've understood how wonderful was the series that I've always mistaken for a "war game" and now I'm a fan of Kojima's series. BTW I'm 16 now.

P.S. I was thinking, how would look Snake's Amiibo?!

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I don't think third partys will have amiibos, this is purely speculation on my part but take a look at the amiibos Nintendo revealed at e3 Villager and the WFT were there yet mega man who was revealed along side them last year was absent.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I don't think third partys will have amiibos, this is purely speculation on my part but take a look at the amiibos Nintendo revealed at e3 Villager and the WFT were there yet mega man who was revealed along side them last year was absent.
Bowser was also revealed last year with the other, but we haven't seen his Amiibo yet. Plus, Nintendo had stated that they want to make an Amiibo for EVERY SINGLE smash character.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Why wouldn't Third Parties have Amiibos!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd think that third party characters would have Amiibos - it would be weird if we got them for every character in Smash Bros. aside from three or four.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
didn't they show of a megaman amiibo in the smash direct?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Look what I found on Wikipedia it says
"Hayter's final performance as Snake was the release of the Digital Graphic Novel adaptations of Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2, which were released as part of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection in 2013."
I hope this isn't true because I know anybody can edit Wikipedia
Remember when we all thought Arkham City was Mark Hamil's(get it, his name can spell Arkham :4pacman: ) last outing as the Joker? He later reprised the role in DCU Online and is glad to return if they ever make an animated adaptation of The Killing Joke.

Replace names and media and you have hope to cling on.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I never you was a Snake fan I always seen you on the Mewtwo thread. Have you always been a Snake Supporter or just recently became one?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I never you was a Snake fan I always seen you on the Mewtwo thread. Have you always been a Snake Supporter or just recently became one?
Oh, I've always been a Snake supporter. Me and my brother adore Snake to death in Brawl and wish for his return in Sm4sh. I just didn't bother to show up here because I was too busy coming up with insane Mewtwo theories that while accurate, didn't happen. Now that Mewtwo's been settled over there I've redirected part of my support to Snake(as you can also see in my signature since I've included him as a tentative main should he return).

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Look what rare thing I found. Did you know that Metal Gear Solid was in Development for the N64.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-comes-to-the-nintendo-64/1100-2466851/
Yes, it was going to be released along side the pc version and it was mentioned in a nintendo power article, but it got cancelled due to the fact the cartridge couldn't hold all that data(it's a two disc game for crying out loud!) It might also have to do with n64 not having good audio I think, with all those codec calls and stuff. The only game I know that used voice acting was conker but I don't know any other game that does.
The gamecube's mini disc couldn't hold all the data for mgs2 substance let alone the original. If mgs2 was on gamecube you would need disc swap.Which is why many 3rd party games skipped the gamecube like mgs2, the disc couldn't hold them.
The wii wasn't HD so it couldn't get any of the HD collections. I doubt people would be a normall collection on the wii with the games looking the same, when you could get them in HD on xbox360 and ps3.

the fact nintendo couldn't get these games is kinda their fault. But Wii U can run MGS5. And is HD so it can have a HD collection. Imagine MGS with off-tv play, wish I could get that.
So yeah, the fact that many of these titles skipped nintendo platforms is kinda nintendo's fault.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Ah the ignorance from you snake fans it baffles me sometimes let me address the points you made about the N64 you are aware of the N64 Version of RE2 right you know a game that was 2 discs on the ps1 so don't give gimme that bull**** that the N64 couldn't handle it if angel studios made it work Konami could have too and, conker being the only N64 game with voice acting because Starfox 64 and Perfect dark and many others don't exist apparently.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Would have been a whole different world if MGS came out on the N64. Imagine if Snake had been in Melee!
Ah the ignorance from you snake fans it baffles me sometimes let me address the points you made about the N64 you are aware of the N64 Version of RE2 right you know a game that was 2 discs on the ps1 so don't give gimme that bull**** that the N64 couldn't handle it if angel studios made it work Konami could have too and conker being the only N64 game with voice acting because Starfox 64 and Perfect dark and many others don't exist apparently.
I don't remember accidentally logging onto The Escapist, because I'm seeing zero punctuation.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Ah the ignorance from you snake fans it baffles me sometimes let me address the points you made about the N64 you are aware of the N64 Version of RE2 right you know a game that was 2 discs on the ps1 so don't give gimme that bull**** that the N64 couldn't handle it if angel studios made it work Konami could have too and, conker being the only N64 game with voice acting because Starfox 64 and Perfect dark and many others don't exist apparently.
The N64 couldn't handle a game like MGS or FF7 that's why they were scrapped! Something about you Nintendo Purists Just Rubs Me The Wrong Way.

Hong

The Strongest
Resorting to ad honinems eh should have expected it from you lot.
It was a genuine request for constructive sentences. I am largely indifferent to Snake appearing in Smash Bros beyond the fact he has one of my favourite movesets, though it's not like he is the only one who can fulfill it so I'm more or less indifferent. In that regard, it's a bit shallow to just declare me as part of any particular "lot" without knowing my opinion on the subject.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yes angel studios did a great job with the n64 version, but it was missing some content that psx version had. It also had less detailed texture maps, lower quality FMV, and worse special effects. The lower quality FMV wouldn't be good for MGS as it has a lot of cutscenes and it would have had lower quality audio, which wouldn't be good for the codec calls. It'd be watered down as heck.

Also, why do you come here and call us ignorant, not very nice.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
The N64 couldn't handle a game like MGS or FF7 that's why they were scrapped! Something about you Nintendo Purists Just Rubs Me The Wrong Way.
Don't worry the feeling is mutual I assure you.
It was a genuine request for constructive sentences. I am largely indifferent to Snake appearing in Smash Bros beyond the fact he has one of my favourite movesets, though it's not like he is the only one who can fulfill it so I'm more or less indifferent. In that regard, it's a bit shallow to just declare me as part of any particular "lot" without knowing my opinion on the subject.
It was also quite shallow of you to attack my grammar and not the points I made, when there have been countless posts on this thread with far more atrocious grammar than my own, one only needs to look back a few pages.

Hong

The Strongest
It was also quite shallow of you to attack my grammar and not the points I made,
Just because I identify a textual consistency, that does not mean it is an attack. It never stated anything among the lines of your own literacy. I don't have to argue with something I am not here to argue with, and that does not need to be the grounds for me quoting a post.
when there have been countless posts on this thread with far more atrocious grammar than my own, one only needs to look back a few pages.
I respond where I please.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
So do I, if you're not here to argue then why complain about my post seems counter intuitive.
If you had missed it:
Would have been a whole different world if MGS came out on the N64. Imagine if Snake had been in Melee!
This is the Snake discussion thread, and I came here to discuss Snake. A remark on a post, one literally above my own, does not at all defer the intent of why I am posting in the thread, as opposed to derailing the thread with commentary contesting my right to post on a forum. At this point, that is what my message box is for. You are welcome to use it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
If you had missed it:
This is the Snake discussion thread, and I came here to discuss Snake. A remark on a post, one literally above my own, does not at all defer the intent of why I am posting in the thread, as opposed to derailing the thread with commentary contesting my right to post on a forum. At this point, that is what my message box is for. You are welcome to use it.
There you go Hong ban him.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Yes angel studios did a great job with the n64 version, but it was missing some content that psx version had. It also had less detailed texture maps, lower quality FMV, and worse special effects. The lower quality FMV wouldn't be good for MGS as it has a lot of cutscenes and it would have had lower quality audio, which wouldn't be good for the codec calls. It'd be watered down as heck.

Also, why do you come here and call us ignorant, not very nice.
Care to elaborate on what the N64 Version is missing if you're going to mention extreme battle, then that's a moot point because the N64 version was based on the original release of RE2, Not the dualshock version which was released months afterwards.

Hong

The Strongest
There you go Hong ban him.
Just so you know: back-seat moderation is considered spam.

Whether you agree with his arguments or not, he has done nothing wrong. Calling others ignorant, while a bit curt, isn't against the rules.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Care to elaborate on what the N64 Version is missing if you're going to mention extreme battle, then that's a moot point because the N64 version was based on the original release of RE2, Not the dualshock version which was released months afterwards.
Ah didn't know that. Also thanks for telling me about the games on the n64 with voice acting, only knew conker and forgot about perfect dark. Nah can't think of anything.
But since resident evil 2 did it, why didn't other games get ported from playstation using compression?
Playstation was easier to develop for than n64 and saturn(especially saturn.) Nintendo was not top dog that gen, so they didn't need a n64 port and didn't need to waste resources on a n64 port. If nintendo used discs, they would have got MGS and final fantasy and such. It would have been nice to have MGS on n64.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I don't remember accidentally logging onto The Escapist, because I'm seeing zero punctuation.
If Snake had been in Melee, I'm pretty sure tier lists would have been different and Sonic's demand would have skyrocketed :4pacman: That, and following the explanation of the above video, Snake might have had a chance of suffering nerfs in the transition to Brawl. I hate ipad keyboards, making me edit posts, bleh

Zero punctuation? I was thinking the illegitimate love child of DYKG and Angry Joe.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
If Snake had been in Melee, I'm pretty sure tier lists would have been different and Sonic's demand would have skyrocketed :4pacman: That, and following the explanation of the above video, Snake might have had a chance of suffering nerfs in the transition to Brawl. I hate ipad keyboards, making me edit posts, bleh

Zero punctuation? I was thinking the illegitimate love child of DYKG and Angry Joe.
I've seen some of Snake's game with his crazy wave dashing and sliding all over the f***ing place. With Melee's focus on wavedashing I'm pretty sure that he would have been the bomb. (No pun intended)
But yeah, I expect him to get a pretty powerful nerf, like hitboxes that actually fit his model.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We seem to get a lot of these types of people in this thread.
Of course, placing oneself above others, and believing that yourself is always correct, is human nature.
In other words, ignorance comes naturally, we're all just going to accept your statement, and move on.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If anything I'd say the enormous amount of audio and audio conversations was a big part of why the n64 version never came to be. But I'm sure Nintendo missed out on a ton of games due to having cartridges still. Anyway moving on, any ideas for normal mgs trophies we could see in the game?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
If anything I'd say the enormous amount of audio and audio conversations was a big part of why the n64 version never came to be. But I'm sure Nintendo missed out on a ton of games due to having cartridges still. Anyway moving on, any ideas for normal mgs trophies we could see in the game?
Liquid Snake, Raiden, The Boss, Big Boss, Cobra Unit, Volgin, EVA, Revolver Ocelot, Solidus Snake, Meryl and Otocon.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
And don't forget the 3 hours of cutscenes.

As for trophies, I hope we get the Cobra unit since MGS3 was ported to 3DS. In comparison to other MGS boss battles, they were pretty bland (except for the End and the Sorrow), but I still do really like the Pain and the Fury's boss battles. Maybe I just like the idea of the Pain's character.

Anyways, Sakurai tweeted that Japanese development has been completed, and at an event in Japan called "Coro Tour", the full version that's going to be released will be available to demo, so hopefully people will be on the lookout for Konami's name next to the other companies on the main menu. Of course, they could just remove it, to keep the surprise, and it probably won't even matter in the end, since it'll be around the same time as Judgement Day (the next Direct). Plus, I doubt those demos will allow people to unlock any characters.

Top Bottom