• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
what? cutting lucas for jeff?? WHY?? I'm sure this leak is fake.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well guys, Takamaru is out...
So all I have left is you guys, the Shulk thread, and the Isaac thread.
I've been disappointed with so much of what Sakurai has been doing this game and I cannot bear the thought of being disappointed again.
Snake better be in, if not Sakurai will have, in my opinion, made the roster worse than Melee's slew of clones...
Snake is now the only one I am holding out for.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I was playing Brawl today and finally realized just how much I'll miss Snake if he doesn't make it into Smash 4. His chances are great right now, but I do want to believe in that sliver of hope for his return just because, he was a pretty cool character to play as in Brawl, I'd love to see him as part of the line-up cause he is such a different fighter from most of Smash's usual line-up, plus I always have a soft spot for Metal Gear in general.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :

Why would the new roster be worse than Melee's clones? Or are you just referring to newcomers in this game versus the newcomers that Melee had? Or just the whole rosters in general?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I've been disappointed with so much of what Sakurai has been doing this game and I cannot bear the thought of being disappointed again.
Snake better be in, if not Sakurai will have, in my opinion, made the roster worse than Melee's slew of clones...
Sorry, but what?
These kind of comments are what makes me hate the internet sometimes. if you don't like the newcomers he's putting in, that's fine. But if you don't like the entire rest of the roster including all of the veterans as a result of that, that's either over exaggerating or simply silly.
Yes, I want Snake back as much as the next guy. No, I won't consider crying streams of salty tears and not buying the games as a result of him not being in

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was playing Brawl today and finally realized just how much I'll miss Snake if he doesn't make it into Smash 4. His chances are great right now, but I do want to believe in that sliver of hope for his return just because, he was a pretty cool character to play as in Brawl, I'd love to see him as part of the line-up cause he is such a different fighter from most of Smash's usual line-up, plus I always have a soft spot for Metal Gear in general.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :

Why would the new roster be worse than Melee's clones? Or are you just referring to newcomers in this game versus the newcomers that Melee had? Or just the whole rosters in general?
Sorry, but what?
These kind of comments are what makes me hate the internet sometimes. if you don't like the newcomers he's putting in, that's fine. But if you don't like the entire rest of the roster including all of the veterans as a result of that, that's either over exaggerating or simply silly.
Yes, I want Snake back as much as the next guy. No, I won't consider crying streams of salty tears and not buying the games as a result of him not being in
The newcomers weren't that good in Melee especially compared to Brawl.
And it's honestly just personal opinion mostly because I don't find Greninja and Rosalina as necessarily interesting, again, personal opinon.
And Lucina the main FE character I wanted is a clone witch disappoints me quite a bit.
However if Snake, Shulk, and Isaac make it in I will be totally satisfied by the roster.
But mostly just Snake.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yea I was thinking about you @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I say your devastated. Aren't you?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Warning Received
Yea I was thinking about you @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I say your devastated. Aren't you?
Not entirely, but I am very disappointed, Shulk and Snake will be enough to make up for it...
As long as Snake is in I'm fine with anything that happens.

Sorry, but what?
I think I should have reworded my post I meant it as in the characters themselves, not the move-sets I think their move-sets are extremely unique, I'm just not very interested in them, but some of the characters don't seem like they'll last the test of time, kind of like Young Link.
And this is my personal opinion you don't have to agree, and I'll be perfectly fine with that, there's no reason to hate the internet.:laugh:
Edit: I also never said I would cry "Salty Tears", please don't put words in my mouth, I can understand if you don't like my opinion and I was definitely talking about the newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think I should have reworded my post I meant it as in the characters themselves, not the move-sets I think their move-sets are extremely unique, I'm just not very interested in them, but some of the characters don't seem like they'll last the test of time, kind of like Young Link.
And this is my personal opinion you don't have to agree, and I'll be perfectly fine with that, there's no reason to hate the internet.:laugh:
Edit: I also never said I would cry "Salty Tears", please don't put words in my mouth, I can understand if you don't like my opinion and I was definitely talking about the newcomers.
As a friend once said to me "cry me a river, build a bridge and get the f*** over it."
This isn't at you, but I just thought it was good advice... you know in general.
I'm actually quite pleased with the newcomers personally. Particularly with the Villager, Animal Crossing on the Game Cube was one of my first games and I remember how me and my brother would switch off every hour during the summer, playing well into the night as we raced to pay off the debt before the other. Ah, memories. We would put pitfalls in front of the others house... we were competitive SOB's.
I think all the newcomers are wonderful additions, even if they're a bit off the wall or not what you expected/ now what you wanted or even if they're not a character that you feel was particularly deserving. The way I see things is that you have to look at the most positive side even it sucks. So they're not what I wanted but I still love that they showed up for the party and just because your guest isn't there don't be bummed out!
I would be very (very) sad if Snake wasn't in the game and I'm kind of prepared for when he isn't, but I'm looking at the bright side. If he's not in the game than I can second the wonderful Captain Falcon. Ta-da.
Personally I don't have any wished for a newcomer, I just someone that I can enjoy, is unique and would be fun to play as and against. All I'm truly holding out for is Snake.

Last edited:

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I am a huge MGS fan, but I always thought it was stupid to have one of the most iconic PLAYSTATION characters in a game that is celebrating NINTENDO.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Its interesting though, how Nintendo seem to get exclusive MGS games (sure, remakes or enhanced ports in most cases, but exclusives still). But Snake is seen as a playstation character only because of the original Metal Gear Solid despite in recent years the franchise is pretty much multi-platform.

MGS4 is still the only one on PS3 excluding non canon games, I think.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Oh, man. I haven't received the notification and now I've missed some pages...

But says that Melee's newcomers aren"t good as Brawl is silly. Melee had characters like Bowser, Peach, Mewtwo, Zelda (first time playable), Marth and Mr. Game and Watch, all big names.

Returning on Snake, I don't know what to think. He could be in, but at the same time he has a strong chance to be cut (not as Squirtle or Ivysaur, but still). All I can do is hoping for him, but wouldn't see him (or Mewtwo, who is my other big request) back would not stop me from bought BOTH version.

P.S. Ehi, I've noticed that I like clones, after all...

Last edited:

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Your comment would've made more sense if Snake was actually owned by Sony.
Not iconic for Playstation?

Main Releases:
MG - MSX2 (remake on most consoles)
MGS1 - PS1 (remake PS3/GC)
MGS2 - PS2/XB (remake PS3/PSV/XB360)
MGS3 - PS2 (remake PS3/PSV/3DS/XBOX)
MGS4 - PS3
MGS5 - PS3/PS4/XB360/XBONE

Side Releases
MG: Ghost Babel - GBC
MG Acid - PSP
MG Acid 2 - PSP
MGS: Portable Ops - PSP
MGS: Peace Walker - PSP (remake PS3/XB360)
MGR: Reverence - PS3/XB360

Nintendo - 3 remakes main releases, 1 exclusive side release.
XBox - 2 original main release, 2 remake main releases, 1 original side release, 1 remake side release.
Playstation - 4 exclusive original main releases, 1 non-exclusive original main release, 1 remake main release, 4 exclusive original side releases, 1 non-exclusive original side release.

Or, if that isn't clear enough, let's put it a simpler way.
Nintendo has 4 titles....3 or them remakes.
XBox has 6 titles....3 of them remakes.
Playstation has 11 titles...1 of them a remake.

It has been (nearly) exclusive for Playstation for original releases, but recently there have been some combo packages with old games for new systems. With the newest games, XBox is getting thrown into the mix, as other games like Final Fantasy have started doing as well. Nintendo isn't even getting MGS5 - they only get occasional remakes. The one game Playstation never got was a handheld game that came out before PSP existed. Anyone who has followed this series would unquestionably associate it with Playstation.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman

Main Releases:
MGS4 - PS3

Side Releases
MG Acid - PSP
MG Acid 2 - PSP

XBox - 2 original main release, 2 remake main releases, 1 original side release, 1 remake side release.
Playstation - 4 exclusive original main releases, 1 non-exclusive original main release, 1 remake main release, 4 exclusive original side releases, 1 non-exclusive original side release.

It has been (nearly) exclusive for Playstation for original releases, but recently there have been some combo packages with old games for new systems. With the newest games, XBox is getting thrown into the mix, as other games like Final Fantasy have started doing as well. Nintendo isn't even getting MGS5 - they only get occasional remakes. The one game Playstation never got was a handheld game that came out before PSP existed. Anyone who has followed this series would unquestionably associate it with Playstation.
First North America Release was on a Nintendo System.
The success of that game and Snake's Revenge allowed Kojima to create MG2 for MSX.
If not for those NINTENDO games, then Snake may not even exist.

I do see Snake more as a SONY rep, but that is why I think it is pretty awesome that he is in the game. In fact,
I think of Sonic as a SEGA rep.
I think of Pacman as an ARCADE rep.

Even though those characters have had games on different systems or platforms at the start, they like Snake, still have games coming out on Nintendo Systems. The Most Recent one in Snakes Case is MGS3DS, which is an exclusive of sorts and is on a current platform.

EcneBanjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcneBanjo
3DS FC
2621-2723-1197
Snake doesn't belong in this game. What did Konami ever do on the Wii? Or the 3DS? A half-***** MGS3 port? I feel like Snake is being cut. He doesn't belong with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, or Pac-Man. That, and the fact that the Steel Diver and Sheik's Burst Grenade are two of Snake's special attacks in Brawl lead me to believe he is getting cut. I just can't see him getting in at this point.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
That, and the fact that the Steel Diver and Sheik's Burst Grenade are two of Snake's special attacks in Brawl lead me to believe he is getting cut. I just can't see him getting in at this point.
But we've already seen that those are only similar in a few elements, that one is a missile and the other is a grenade.
The steel diver isn't a controllable missile and sheiks grenades seem to have an almost entirely different effect.

to quote Twinshot who explained in more detail
Grenades, Steel Diver and Zamuses Final Smash aren't actually that similar.
They are in Concept, but in execution..not at all.

Zamus:
Lasers don't function the same as grenades.
There's a delay with the grenades...and that's only going based on if they didn't change his final smash at all.
After MGS4 a Metal Gear would make way more sense to take over. They change Kirby's, why not Snakes?

Steel Diver:
Fire Flower is an Item.... Bowser and Charizard still have fire breathe.
Scope Gun was an item that could be charged like Samuses Beam or shot in succession...just like her move.
Ray gun shoots lasers like Falco, Wolf and Fox. Who is really to know what customization options are out there and if they overlap. I would be hard pressed to find three different uses of lasers.

Grenades:
See Above.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
the fact that the Steel Diver and Sheik's Burst Grenade are two of Snake's special attacks in Brawl lead me to believe he is getting cut. I just can't see him getting in at this point.
During the Smash Direct, we have seen that one of Marth's customizable moves works as an Ike special, and Kirby's New Final Smash works like Ike's. After that, everyone tought that Ike was cut, but he is in.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Snake doesn't belong in this game. What did Konami ever do on the Wii? Or the 3DS? A half-***** MGS3 port? I feel like Snake is being cut. He doesn't belong with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, or Pac-Man

What did mega man do for the wii and the wii only? Hmm doesnt ring a bell, but he still got in. You can use your made up criteria of konami and metal gear owing dues to nintendo, but that never stopped snake before and it shouldnt now. The fact that you call it a half assed port probably means you never played it since other then the framerate being lackluster it was great, it added a number of new things only for that version. Why are snake detractors so hung up on ports? Sonic didnt have an original game on a nintendo console until the GBA games, but everyone else seems to be given a pass while snake someonehow doesnt? Hes already been in the damn smash bros series, he has less hurdles then any other third party choice barring the ones we have now.

The moves part was already explained by another so i dont need to waste my time on that.

---
As for luigijerk and only 4 metal gear games on nintendo systems?

haha no, first off dont discount the nes metal gear games since they werent made by kojima, they were still konami produced and still what even some of my friends who owned an nes know of as their first entry into the series.

So in all we have

Metal Gear (NES)
Snakes Revenge (NES)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (GBC)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN)
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (3DS)
Metal Gear (Japanese Wii VC)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (Japanese Wii VC)

sakurai and team have access to all of these, hell he could download the first to kojima produced games from his wii right now. But really now the amount of games one series has means nothing, and snake proved that before, he sure as hell can do that again since hes already taken part in the biggest crossover nintendo has ever made.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Sakurai has expressed so many times that he doesn't give a crap about childish console wars.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Snake doesn't belong in this game. What did Konami ever do on the Wii? Or the 3DS? A half-***** MGS3 port? I feel like Snake is being cut. He doesn't belong with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, or Pac-Man. That, and the fact that the Steel Diver and Sheik's Burst Grenade are two of Snake's special attacks in Brawl lead me to believe he is getting cut. I just can't see him getting in at this point.
I don't think Shulk is making it into the game.

Shulk has had one game on a last gen. system and hasn't contributed to nintendos history.

Shulk also uses swords and since there can't be more than one sword user in the game he is cut.

Also Shulks gritty world of Mechs and anime style don't match with Mario, Pacman, or Sonic. He is not in the game.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
MGS3D ratings:
http://www.ign.com/games/metal-gear-solid-3d-snake-eater/3ds-77733
http://www.gamespot.com/metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d/
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d

Sonic Lost World Ratings:
http://www.ign.com/games/sonic-lost-world/wii-u-168713
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/sonic-lost-world
http://kotaku.com/sonic-lost-world-the-kotaku-review-x2-1448002806

MGS3D got higher ratings than sonic lost world. Yeah there were framerate problems, but there were framerate problems in wind waker too. 2 of the sega exclusive games were bad, and we don't know about sonic boom, but some people have been saying that the wii u version isn't that good. And I still think sonic should be in, because he represents the old rivalry between sega and nintendo. Just like that, snake represents the ps1 vs n64 days, where the two were in big competition.
Smash is not advertising MGS, it's celebrating it. You want to see an advertisement? Look at Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal. I think there was barely any MGS4 content in brawl other than music. If snake gets in this time, there will be a lot of snake eater content, and only a song and maybe a costume from MGS5(unless it is coming to wii u, then maybe we could see more, like a stage maybe.)

Also:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/30/pac-man-museum-canceled-on-wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds/
ZOMG Namco not putting PAC MAN museum on wii u and 3ds, PAC MAN DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN!!! (joking..)
Also, steel diver is nothing like the nikita.

Also konami is still supporting the 3ds, with games like castlevania and PES.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If I could classify anti-Snake arguments as cliches, then this paragraph has quite a few.

Cliche #1: "Snake has barely any modern Nintendo games and thus he doesn't belong waaaaah."
Cliche #2: "Snake doesn't fit in with the other third parties because he's from an M rated game waaaaah."
Cliche #3: "Two of his moves are now usable by 2 others and totally can't be replaced, waaaah."
Cliche #4: "I hate X character and will join this discussion about him just to rant, hehehehe."
Cliche #5: "I see reasonable arguments to X character's inclusion so I'll just ignore them out of bias, hehehe."

I'll just leave this here.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
While i think that Snake is a little more important to PS than to Nintendo... guess who is in super smash bros and not in PS all star battle royal :troll:

Edit: I also want snake to come back, but he still is more important to ps, although thats not really an argument, since snake is probably even more important to nintendo than pacman. (Not pacman hating either).

In fact, now that i'm thinking, the main reason people wanted Sonic in smash was the old Nintendo/Sega rivalry in the consoles, (even if sonic have been plentiful on nintendo since dreamcast demise). and Pacman was the big contender against donkey kong on the arcades (in fact it was adressed in the trailer) which actually makes even more sense to have snake!

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I am a huge MGS fan, but I always thought it was stupid to have one of the most iconic PLAYSTATION characters in a game that is celebrating NINTENDO.
The third parties are not exactly there to celebrate Nintendo, they are a bonus.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-While i think that Snake is a little more important to PS than to Nintendo... guess who is in super smash bros and not in PS all star battle royale :troll:

-Edit: I also want snake to come back, but he still is more important to ps, although thats not really an argument, since snake is probably even more important to nintendo than pacman. (Not pacman hating either).
*Snake was unavailable and thus sent Raiden as backup :troll: And thank god too, that game sucks but I dont want to derail.

*I'd like to hear extended opinion on "Snake is more important to Nintendo." Not disagreeing, just intrigued.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
for what its worth if it wasn't for a certain nintendo exclusive metal gear game (snake's revenge) there wouldn't have been a MG2 and in extension, MGS.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
*Snake was unavailable and thus sent Raiden as backup :troll: And thank god too, that game sucks but I dont want to derail.

*I'd like to hear extended opinion on "Snake is more important to Nintendo." Not disagreeing, just intrigued.
Sorry, the first post wasn't clear, so I edited it. the point I was making is that snake is a little more important to nintendo than pacman is, yet still is more important to PS than to Nintendo.

BUUUT pacman could represent the competition with donkey kong on the arcades, sonic the competition on the first console era and snake teh competition on the second console era. in that regard they are VERY relevant to nintendo :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

This isn't related to any discussion but I've wanted to post this image forever now. Don't you love the NES era lolz? o3o

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Main Releases:
MGS4 - PS3

Side Releases
MG Acid - PSP
MG Acid 2 - PSP

If were going technical here then there just 1 Sony exclusive and that's MGS4 Heck even the original Metal Gear Solid was released on Microsoft Windows and remade on the NGC. MGS2,3 were Sony exclusives until later ported to XBOX and 3DS. Nintendo has 7 exclusives then.
First North America Release was on a Nintendo System.
The success of that game and Snake's Revenge allowed Kojima to create MG2 for MSX.
If not for those NINTENDO games, then Snake may not even exist.
I do see Snake more as a SONY rep, but that is why I think it is pretty awesome that he is in the game.
I wish you didn't say that just hand feed the trolls.
Your right. It's not like a Konami game wasn't released everyday for Wii and Konami not even supporting the e-shop right now I mean it's not everyday you see a new Castlevania or an Older Konami classic released on the E-shop right.
Your also right about another thing even tho Snake was Born with Link, Pit, Samus and Megaman he definally doesn't need to be reunited with his family cause He's a SONY character to the end even when he's a registered trademark of Konami and Konami IP he's still a SONY baby. Your right about another thing as well. This is the first time ever in Super Smash Bros that characters were similar to another Character or Item he should totally be scraped because the Steel Diver Missile is exactly IDENTICAL to the Nikkita even thoe the Steel Diver isn't REMOTE CONTROLED and is nothing like the Nikita. You've been right about everything haven't you. :troll:

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe

What did mega man do for the wii and the wii only? Hmm doesnt ring a bell, but he still got in. You can use your made up criteria of konami and metal gear owing dues to nintendo, but that never stopped snake before and it shouldnt now. The fact that you call it a half ***** port probably means you never played it since other then the framerate being lackluster it was great, it added a number of new things only for that version. Why are snake detractors so hung up on ports? Sonic didnt have an original game on a nintendo console until the GBA games, but everyone else seems to be given a pass while snake someonehow doesnt? Hes already been in the damn smash bros series, he has less hurdles then any other third party choice barring the ones we have now.

The moves part was already explained by another so i dont need to waste my time on that.
-

You do realize Mega man 9 and 10 came out during the Wii's lifespan right, see this is what I mean about ignorance amongst you Snake fans, If I have to bring out the entirety of the Mega man franchise's games on Nintendo consoles it will make Snake's appearances look like garbage in comparison.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
-

You do realize Mega man 9 and 10 came out during the Wii's lifespan right, see this is what I mean about ignorance amongst you Snake fans, If I have to bring out the entirety of the Mega man franchise's games on Nintendo consoles it will make Snake's appearances look like garbage in comparison.
While you may have a point, would you please stop calling us ignorant. If you want to debate with us, be polite with us or we're just going to ignore you.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
While you may have a point, would you please stop calling us ignorant. If you want to debate with us, be polite with us or we're just going to ignore you.
I would if you guys actually used factual information when discussing certain characters. I mean aren't you the guy who claimed mega man had not released a game since the 2000's how is that not ignorant of Mega man's history. Now as for being polite I would be if I was treated in the same manner so far that has not been the case. Hell there was this childish poster calling for my banning a couple pages ago.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
-

You realize i meant exlusive right? Notice how i said what megaman did for wii and wii only, megaman 9 was not wii only, since exclusives seem to be what most people try to use against snake. So try to look harder before you throw out the insults.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
So, with the news of a Hyrule Warriors Direct, do you guys think this will be like April where we had 3 separate Directs for 3 different games, or just a normal one after the HW Direct? Personally, I think we'll get a Smash direct, but it won't be as long as the one before. It would be the perfect place to reveal Snake, since he's a third party, and Sakurai could say "Kept you waiting, huh?" which, if Snake's in, is probably the reason he hasn't been revealed yet. Keeping the inclusion of one of the game's biggest characters secret until a month from release just to say that line seems like something Kojima and Sakurai would do.

This month is going to either confirm Snake's inclusion, or confirm that he's not in, since there is no way they would keep a third party character secret. (Btw, changed my avatar from Billy's Dad to Snake's Dad to support Snake's inclusion)

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Warning Received
You realize i meant exlusive right? Notice how i said what megaman did for wii and wii only, megaman 9 was not wii only, since exclusives seem to be what most people try to use against snake. So try to look harder before you throw out the insults.
Even if I take that into account the Mega man franchise still has more exclusives than snake ,the Zero series would be one example how about you do research before pulling facts out of your ass.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Even if I take that into account the Mega man franchise still has more exclusives than snake ,the Zero series would be one example how about you do research before pulling facts out of your ***.
No need to act immature. We can't have a proper argument with you if you keep offending Snake supporters.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
This thread has really gone to ****. I get that a lot of people feel very strongly that Snake should be cut, but up until a few pages ago, this was one of the few character threads that hadn't descended into petty squabbling and you guys kind of invaded and ruined it. It's pretty clear that arguments from both sides aren't changing anybody's minds, especially as they become more hostile, so maybe the regulars here should consider just ignoring these people until they go away. This was a great place for Metal Gear/Smash fans to geek out and now it's just a barely literate straw grasping warzone like everywhere else on this site. Like seriously people, if you don't like Snake, don't post here, and certainly don't transfer your dislike of Snake to his fans. Unlike a lot of controversial characters, Snake is a veteran, and all of the arguments for why he shouldn't be in Sm4sh were just as valid back during Brawl and they didn't stop him then. Ultimately, it's up to Sakurai and Konami, and we'll know what they decided within the next month.

Last edited:
Top Bottom