• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hate to get yelled at in a forums page (if that's even a thing) but i don't see snake coming back to smash bros he just doesn't fit with pacman (who is always smiling) and megaman and sonic they are all happy colorful characters and we have 2 3 other 3rd party characters. I just don't see it happening he's just to serious.
I would lambaste you for using an overused cliche to argue Snake being cut, but I'll let it slide since it is an opinion in good nature, you weren't rude, and you are a fairly new member.

Also, overused meme time because you reminded me of it :)

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I agree but sakurai has been known to surprise people with characters people didn't expect. He might've not added Chrom just to spite gematsu and the leak he is very unpredictable and i gave a simialaer post about R O B
Sakurai is watching us in our sleep, he sees our dreams.
I still don't know about ROB, is it getting back in the game? For the longest time I had no idea what he was and he was the character that made me go WTF? Not Snake, Snake was fine but ROB creeped me out. Also, I believed he originated in Subspace Emissary and was Sakurai's baby, that was why my brother always managed to kill me with him.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sakurai is watching us in our sleep, he sees our dreams.
I still don't know about ROB, is it getting back in the game? For the longest time I had no idea what he was and he was the character that made me go WTF? Not Snake, Snake was fine but ROB creeped me out. Also, I believed he originated in Subspace Emissary and was Sakurai's baby, that was why my brother always managed to kill me with him.
*insert giant history lesson here*

It's a toy bundled with the NES, which makes him the meta fictional savior of video games after the video game crash of 1983.

Ironically, said metafictional savior came after Pac-Man and Mr. Game and Watch.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I'll start.
You guys can just copy and past this from my post and add stuff to it if you want. I want to make one big list to post later.
For Him:
-
- Him being dropped out means Metal Gear completely disappears from the game, which is unheard of smash history.
Against him:
-
I know this is your list but I would like to address this point as I have seen many snake fans make this point as a counter argument against their foes, which I find silly to be honest simply because this argument has no factual basis and is an emotional response to snake being cut. I mean where is it written that once a series has made it into Smash it has to stay there permanently, when all is said and done Snake is still a third party character and does not have the luxury that most first party characters have in smash, let me level with you here as a big Mega man fan I know that there is no guarantee that he will be back for the next game because there are licensing issues to work out, I mean you can't expect Nintendo to keep paying licensing fees for every third party character that has ever been in smash at some point we will lose one of them simply because it hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
I would lambaste you for using an overused cliche to argue Snake being cut, but I'll let it slide since it is an opinion in good nature, you weren't rude, and you are a fairly new member.

Also, overused meme time because you reminded me of it :)

Ok first off that meme is great and second i know i'm new -_-, but yes i understand it is a such a stupid argument but there is a chance he will be cut i don't hate him and it was always fun making alt costumes for him (Micheal Jackson costume lol ^_^)
but he uses modern weapons i mean i find it hard to throw grenades at villager with nintendogs in the backround.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
Now i realize my avatar is pikachu and raichu and i main Zelda characters brb gotta fix this
EDIT: ok all good now

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ok first off that meme is great and second i know i'm new -_-, but yes i understand it is a such a stupid argument but there is a chance he will be cut i don't hate him and it was always fun making alt costumes for him (Micheal Jackson costume lol ^_^)
but he uses modern weapons i mean i find it hard to throw grenades at villager with nintendogs in the backround.
Call it a hunch, but I think willing suspension of disbelief applies in a series where anthropomorphic animals, superpowered humans, divine beings and gods, aliens, machines and indescribable things(like Mr. Game & Watch) fight in often unrealistic scenarios such as the void of space, on floating platforms, or in volcanoes while neutral characters and factions(disregarding roles as heroes or villains in their series) like a giant polygonal head, a duo of Pong entities, an eldritch freak cloned from a bounty hunter, and a cybernetic ninja help you, not to mention having to fight with entities like floating hands, a giant alien space pirate space dragon, a giant sentient flower with underwear, and a blue holographic GOD, while also not forgetting the fact that you can summon powerful creatures from tiny capsule balls like the draconian gods of truth and ideals, the ancients that controll the land and sea, the god of life, the draconic gods of space, time, and antimatter, and the entity that created all those powerful creatures and looks like a pony.

Considering all this, a genetically cloned man born in a trio of children, 2 of which became villains, who all age rapidly, from a surrogate Chinese agent and had his genetic information taken what was considered to be the greatest soldier alive, throwing a tiny spherical explosive object at a little boy who can catch projectiles like lasers and missiles, store them in his pocket and fire them later and can have a house built for him on demand in 10 seconds by 2 anthropomorphic raccoons that talk sounds downright normal in comparison.

Just a tiny thought.

Bonus points to those who make out every specific character mentioned :4pacman:

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I know this is your list but I would like to address this point as I have seen many snake fans make this point as a counter argument against their foes, which I find silly to be honest simply because this argument has no factual basis and is an emotional response to snake being cut. I mean where is it written that once a series has made it into Smash it has to stay there permanently, when all is said and done Snake is still a third party character and does not have the luxury that most first party characters have in smash, let me level with you here as a big Mega man fan I know that there is no guarantee that he will be back for the next game because there are licensing issues to work out, I mean you can't expect Nintendo to keep paying licensing fees for every third party character that has ever been in smash at some point we will lose one of them simply because it hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't.
Well, well, well, if it isn't THEBLUECOMET
The Will Wheaton to my Sheldon Cooper.
The Green Goblin to my Spider Man.
The Liquid Snake to my Solid Snake.
The Internet Explorer to my Firefox.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Well, well, well, if it isn't THEBLUECOMET
The Will Wheaton to my Sheldon Cooper.
The Green Goblin to my Spider Man.
The Liquid Snake to my Solid Snake.
The Internet Explorer to my Firefox.
You take that back I would Never use Internet explorer

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not sure if you are trying to make an argument against Snake with the licensing issue, but I'll just go ahead and say: if licensing was an issue for Snake Nintendo would not be able to STILL produce Smash Bros. Brawl.
Again I'm not sure if you were arguing against Snake there I just wanted to point it out.:)

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I'm not sure if you are trying to make an argument against Snake with the licensing issue, but I'll just go ahead and say: if licensing was an issue for Snake Nintendo would not be able to STILL produce Smash Bros. Brawl.
Again I'm not sure if you were arguing against Snake there I just wanted to point it out.:)
Not arguing against snake I am just saying no third party is guaranteed to stay in smash forever

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
For kicks, I've been thinking of some custom moves for Snake. Like other fighters (save Palutena and Mii's), they can't work completely different from the normal attack, but can have different properties and looks. For Snake, it'd be pretty cool to see him pull out similar weapons for his attacks. So far I just thought of 1 for his specials aside from his up special:

Neutral Special: Flame Grenade (White Phosphorus): Does less damage then a normal grenade, blows up on contact.

Side special: RPG launcher: Shoots a rocket straightforward.

Down special: Sleep-gas explosive: detonate to cause opponents in range to fall asleep.

I was thinking it'd make sense to make the sleep-gas explosive a mine that just goes off when someone steps on it, but I figured that be too broken. Was also thinking about a stun grenade, but that falls under the same boat, and might ruin the Duku Nut's purpose.

Can't really think of any up specials though. Having it be a Fulton would of course look cool, but I have no idea how to make it look different. Anyone have any other ideas?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think we should compile a list of all the things snake has got going for him and what he does not.
I decided to try and start a fairly comprehensive list while waiting for tonight's PotD. I'll try to be as unbias as possible. I'm not including any arguably subjective stuff like "he's a Sony character" or "he doesn't fit". Regardless of whether these arguments hold any weight, they're irrelevant to this post, which is focused on just cold hard facts. I'll finish elaborating on each piece of evidence later (it's late and I have to drive for four hours tomorrow morning...:psycho:), but here's what I've got so far. Feel free to point out anything I've missed. Or argue that certain pieces of evidence have been miscategorized.

Will Snake be in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS?
For- Facts that point towards Snake's inclusion
Against- Facts that point towards Snake's exclusion
Ambiguous- Facts regarding Snake, Metal Gear, or Smash that could point in either direction or be completely irrelevant, but are certainly intriguing
Tinfoil Hats- Info that is either of dubious relevance or veracity that involves Snake, Metal Gear, or Smash 4 in some way

The Plain Evidence:

1. MGS3D's release coincided very closely with the beginning of development

According to interviews with Sakurai, development on Smash 4 began after the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sakurai's previous project, and the full roster was decided on at the very beginning of development. KI:U was released on March 22nd, 2012 in Japan, exactly two weeks after the Japanese release (March 8th) of MGS: Snake Eater 3D. This means that at the time the roster was being put together, there was a heavily promoted exclusive Metal Gear title released on a Nintendo console that was at most, about a month old, making Metal Gear actually very relevant to Nintendo at the time.

2. Like MGS: The Twin Snakes, the most recent Nintendo Metal Gear at the time of Brawl's development, MGS3D was built from the bottom up as a Nintendo exclusive

While releasing an updated port of a universally acclaimed classic is not exactly a huge risk, MGS3D was released about a year after the 3DS, when sales of the handheld were still falling well below expectations. This suggests Konami was fairly recently willing to support Nintendo even when it did not seem prudent from a business perspective. MGS3D was one of the first third party titles announced for the 3DS, and while it suffered from framerate issues, this is a very common issue with titles released in the early part of any console's life, and the game was far from a half assed copy and paste port. MGS3D, while a remake (of the greatest game in the series), was modified with updated models and textures that arguably look better than those in the HD version released on PS3 and XBOX360 around the same time. MGS3D also included numerous gameplay tweaks and streamlined touches to bring it in line with more recent Metal Gear releases, as well as unique features designed to make use of the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D, gyroscope, and integrated camera. The game also featured a cameo by Yoshi, including a newly recorded codec conversation about Yoshi as well. The situation is similar to the release of MGS: The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, which likewise featured updated graphics and gameplay as well as Nintendo cameos and references. The Twin Snakes came out in March of 2004, a full year and a half before Brawl's development, which started in October of 2005, while MGS3D was released within a few weeks of the beginning of Smash 4's development. Twin Snakes also came out for the Gamecube, as opposed to the Wii, while MGS3D was released on the 3DS, one of the systems that Smash is actually releasing on.

3. Sakurai tweeted from the private MGS 25th anniversary event held during E3 2012, after Smash 4 had already been announced, meaning Sakurai was well aware of the implications of broadcasting his presence at this event to the world

4. Snake is a veteran with an extremely unique move set who represents an entire series, was well received in Brawl, was the first third party character in Smash history (and evidence suggests that he was originally intended to be the only one), and was added to Brawl by Sakurai first and foremost as a personal favor to a friend, only narrowly missing the chance to be included in Melee as well

5. Snake, the very first third party character announced for Brawl, has yet to be announced for Smash 4, which is not only releasing in a little over a month, but has already seen three other third party characters announced, including a fairly early announcement for Sonic, the only other third party veteran

6. Metal Gear, while always a series featuring heavy subject matter and adult themes, looks to be taking a nosedive deeper into darkness with the upcoming MGSV: The Phantom Pain, which will prominently feature such controversial themes as the psychological and physical effects of amputation, child soldiers, conflict diamonds, torture, war ****, and the protagonist's slow descent into amoral villainy in his relentless quest for vengeance, all of this being a rather jarring contrast with the far more lighthearted tone of prior Metal Gear games, let alone the happy go lucky worlds of Mario and Zelda

7. Hideo Kojima, the mastermind of the Metal Gear Series, when asked directly in a Twitch TV interview with Geoff Keighley whether Snake would be reappearing, responded that he didn't think so

The exact quote, delivered with a smile to the camera that could be interpreted as either conciliatory and uncomfortable or puckish and cheeky:

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," said Kojima. "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."
BUUUUUT...

8. Hideo Kojima is a notorious master of lies and deception unmatched in the gaming world, whose storied history of pranks and chicanery means his words should never be taken at face value

9. Similar comments were made by Sega, Capcom, and Namco representatives regarding Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man before they were announced

10. A Namco representative asked directly about Snake at E3 responded by saying "Uhhh... no, we have not announced Solid Snake yet." (emphasis mine)

11. Snake did not appear in Sony's Smash knock-off Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale, despite being an obvious choice, and the Metal Gear series was instead represented by Raiden

It's worth noting that both Capcom and Namco were also represented, although not by Megaman or Pac-Man.

Some new moves/items in Smash 4, including ZSS's new Final Smash, Sheik's new side B, and the Steel Diver weapon bear a rather superficial resemblance to Snake's Final Smash, neutral B, and side B respectively, leading some to suggest Snake's moveset has been broken up and divvied up among the roster
13. David Hayter, Snake's English VO for most of the series as well as Brawl, has been replaced by big name Hollywood actor Keifer Sutherland of 24 fame for MGSV

14. Keifer Sutherland revealed in an interview with IGN that he contributed voice work to an upcoming fighting game, specifically... Mortal Kombat

In an interview with IGN regarding his work on MGSV, Kiefer Suthlerland, the new English voice of Snake in MGSV let slip that he had recorded work for an upcoming Mortal Kombat game:

"I did Mortal Kombat, and that's such a huge game, but it’s so not like MGS5."

Despite the newest Mortal Kombat being announced at E3 2014, with a steady drip of new information revealed since then, nothing has yet been announced regarding Keifer Sutherland's involvement, despite the fact that AAA games usually flaunt the involvement of Hollywood talent as soon as they can. This has led some to believe that Kiefer Sutherland was confusing Mortal Kombat for Smash Bros. I think this is reaching. First of all, give the man some credit. If he was hired to do voice acting for a project, he would know its name. Secondly, the actual quote draws a clear distinction between working on Mortal Kombat and on MGSV, suggesting that it is unlikely he is playing the same character in both projects. While it is mysterious that his involvement has not been announced, there are any number of reasons this could be the case.

In contrast, some have suggested that Keifer was talking about Mortal Kombat, because Snake will be making a surprise guest appearance in that game instead of in Smash Bros. While this would be far from the most outlandish Metal Gear crossover if it turned out to be true (Ape Escape, Monster Hunter, Assassin's Creed, Little Big Planet, and a Smash clone that also features Barbie and Optimus Prime have all crossed over with Metal Gear at some point), I really think this is a ridiculous extrapolation unless we see more evidence.

15. Snake has thus far not been mentioned in any capacity by the Gematsu leaker, who is seen by many to have been discredited by Chrom's disconfirtmation anyways

16. A notable video game motion capture artist said in an interview that he had acted as Raiden in Smash Bros, tweeting the same day the interview was released that he had been mistaken and had meant Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale

17. This is all part of a vast conspiracy orchestrated by the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
*insert giant history lesson here*

It's a toy bundled with the NES, which makes him the meta fictional savior of video games after the video game crash of 1983.

Ironically, said metafictional savior came after Pac-Man and Mr. Game and Watch.
I didn't know this when I was ten! I know it now. So doesn't this make technically not a video game character that got put in smash bros? Maybe Smash Bros is just as much a celebration of Nintendo games as it is a celebration of Nintendo history.
I decided to try and start a fairly comprehensive list while waiting for tonight's PotD. I'll try to be as unbias as possible. I'm not including any arguably subjective stuff like "he's a Sony character" or "he doesn't fit". Regardless of whether these arguments hold any weight, they're irrelevant to this post, which is focused on just cold hard facts. I'll finish elaborating on each piece of evidence later (it's late and I have to drive for four hours tomorrow morning...:psycho:), but here's what I've got so far. Feel free to point out anything I've missed. Or argue that certain pieces of evidence have been miscategorized.

Ambiguous- Facts regarding Snake, Metal Gear, or Smash that could point in either direction or be completely irrelevant, but are certainly intriguing
Tinfoil Hats- Info that is either of dubious relevance or veracity that involves Snake, Metal Gear, or Smash 4 in some way

The Plain Evidence:

According to interviews with Sakurai, development on Smash 4 began after the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sakurai's previous project, and the full roster was decided on at the very beginning of development. KI:U was released on March 22nd, 2012 in Japan, exactly two weeks after the Japanese release (March 8th) of MGS: Snake Eater 3D. This means that at the time the roster was being put together, there was a heavily promoted exclusive Metal Gear title released on a Nintendo console that was at most, about a month old, making Metal Gear actually very relevant to Nintendo at the time.

2. Like MGS: The Twin Snakes, the most recent Nintendo Metal Gear at the time of Brawl's development, MGS3D was built from the bottom up as a Nintendo exclusive

While releasing an updated port of a universally acclaimed classic is not exactly a huge risk, MGS3D was released about a year after the 3DS, when sales of the handheld were still falling well below expectations. This suggests Konami was fairly recently willing to support Nintendo even when it did not seem prudent from a business perspective. MGS3D was one of the first third party titles announced for the 3DS, and while it suffered from framerate issues, this is a very common issue with titles released in the early part of any console's life, and the game was far from a half ***** copy and paste port. MGS3D, while a remake (of the greatest game in the series), was modified with updated models and textures that arguably look better than those in the HD version released on PS3 and XBOX360 around the same time. MGS3D also included numerous gameplay tweaks and streamlined touches to bring it in line with more recent Metal Gear releases, as well as unique features designed to make use of the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D, gyroscope, and integrated camera. The game also featured a cameo by Yoshi, including a newly recorded codec conversation about Yoshi as well. The situation is similar to the release of MGS: The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, which likewise featured updated graphics and gameplay as well as Nintendo cameos and references. The Twin Snakes came out in March of 2004, a full year and a half before Brawl's development, which started in October of 2005, while MGS3D was released within a few weeks of the beginning of Smash 4's development. Twin Snakes also came out for the Gamecube, as opposed to the Wii, while MGS3D was released on the 3DS, one of the systems that Smash is actually releasing on.

3. Sakurai tweeted from the private MGS 25th anniversary event held during E3 2012, after Smash 4 had already been announced, meaning Sakurai was well aware of the implications of broadcasting his presence at this event to the world

4. Snake is a veteran with an extremely unique move set who represents an entire series, was well received in Brawl, was the first third party character in Smash history (and evidence suggests that he was originally intended to be the only one), and was added to Brawl by Sakurai first and foremost as a personal favor to a friend, only narrowly missing the chance to be included in Melee as well

5. Snake, the very first third party character announced for Brawl, has yet to be announced for Smash 4, which is not only releasing in a little over a month, but has already seen three other third party characters announced, including a fairly early announcement for Sonic, the only other third party veteran

6. Metal Gear, while always a series featuring heavy subject matter and adult themes, looks to be taking a nosedive deeper into darkness with the upcoming MGSV: The Phantom Pain, which will prominently feature such controversial themes as the psychological and physical effects of amputation, child soldiers, conflict diamonds, torture, war ****, and the protagonist's slow descent into amoral villainy in his relentless quest for vengeance, all of this being a rather jarring contrast with the far more lighthearted tone of prior Metal Gear games, let alone the happy go lucky worlds of Mario and Zelda

7. Hideo Kojima, the mastermind of the Metal Gear Series, when asked directly in a Twitch TV interview with Geoff Keighley whether Snake would be reappearing, responded that he didn't think so

The exact quote, delivered with a smile to the camera that could be interpreted as either conciliatory and uncomfortable or puckish and cheeky:

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," said Kojima. "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."
BUUUUUT...

8. Hideo Kojima is a notorious master of lies and deception unmatched in the gaming world, whose storied history of pranks and chicanery means his words should never be taken at face value

9. Similar comments were made by Sega, Capcom, and Namco representatives regarding Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man before they were announced

10. A Namco representative asked directly about Snake at E3 responded by saying "Uhhh... no, we have not announced Solid Snake yet." (emphasis mine)

11. Snake did not appear in Sony's Smash knock-off Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale, despite being an obvious choice, and the Metal Gear series was instead represented by Raiden

It's worth noting that both Capcom and Namco were also represented, although not by Megaman or Pac-Man.

Some new moves/items in Smash 4, including ZSS's new Final Smash, Sheik's new side B, and the Steel Diver weapon bear a rather superficial resemblance to Snake's Final Smash, neutral B, and side B respectively, leading some to suggest Snake's moveset has been broken up and divvied up among the roster
13. David Hayter, Snake's English VO for most of the series as well as Brawl, has been replaced by big name Hollywood actor Keifer Sutherland of 24 fame for MGSV

14. Keifer Sutherland revealed in an interview with IGN that he contributed voice work to an upcoming fighting game, specifically... Mortal Kombat

In an interview with IGN regarding his work on MGSV, Kiefer Suthlerland, the new English voice of Snake in MGSV let slip that he had recorded work for an upcoming Mortal Kombat game:

Despite the newest Mortal Kombat being announced at E3 2014, with a steady drip of new information revealed since then, nothing has yet been announced regarding Keifer Sutherland's involvement, despite the fact that AAA games usually flaunt the involvement of Hollywood talent as soon as they can. This has led some to believe that Kiefer Sutherland was confusing Mortal Kombat for Smash Bros. I think this is reaching. First of all, give the man some credit. If he was hired to do voice acting for a project, he would know its name. Secondly, the actual quote draws a clear distinction between working on Mortal Kombat and on MGSV, suggesting that it is unlikely he is playing the same character in both projects. While it is mysterious that his involvement has not been announced, there are any number of reasons this could be the case.

In contrast, some have suggested that Keifer was talking about Mortal Kombat, because Snake will be making a surprise guest appearance in that game instead of in Smash Bros. While this would be far from the most outlandish Metal Gear crossover if it turned out to be true (Ape Escape, Monster Hunter, Assassin's Creed, Little Big Planet, and a Smash clone that also features Barbie and Optimus Prime have all crossed over with Metal Gear at some point), I really think this is a ridiculous extrapolation unless we see more evidence.

15. Snake has thus far not been mentioned in any capacity by the Gematsu leaker, who is seen by many to have been discredited by Chrom's disconfirtmation anyways

16. A notable video game motion capture artist said in an interview that he had acted as Raiden in Smash Bros, tweeting the same day the interview was released that he had been mistaken and had meant Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale

It's better than mine...
17. Is true.
15. Leaks in general don't really mention Snake specifically. The leaks that don't say he's in, are in general, BS while the one or two I like either leave it vague or say he is in.
12. I think this a bit of a moot point. Zelda can teleport, obviously this mean Mewtwo won't be in the game, because teleporting is one of his moves. Characters do have similar movesets and moves, but I don't think Sakurai is lazy enough to divvy up Snake' s moves just because he's not in the game. That would also be kind of rude to the players. On ZSS final Smash, Snake could just be getting a new final smash or they share one. I wouldn't really credit this as evidence.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Um, a Nintendo of Canada worker may have leaked rayman in a video.
If rayman is in, I will have lost tons and tons of hope for him. I want both, but would 5 be too many 3rd parties?
sigh.

But, there is some good news I'd like to share:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2014/00073040-pes-2015-les-details.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqUqXmJYJ-o

Both of those say Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 is coming to Wii U.
Many articles say different things about platforms.
The only officially known platforms are ps4 and xbox one. It's also said it will come to additional platforms. It's obvious that it will come to 360 and ps3. PC and Wii U though, many different sites say different things.
If this is true, then konami is giving wii u support, so I guess it increases his chances because konami is supporting wii u.

I guess we will find out this month if he is in or not.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'll be disappointed if they cut Snake, some people say he doesn't fit in Smash Bros. but I completely disagree. His moveset was really unique and it would be a shame if they got rid of it. He was a fun and unique character.

Hopefully he will stay in.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I had a dream today about snake getting confirmed, and as he was confirmed he said "Kept you waiting, huh?" In my dream, I couldn't wait to see all of your reactions, but sadly I woke up to find out he's still not confirmed :(

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe he was referring to the Rayman Trophy? Is all he says is Rayman I cant watch because im having promblems with my Internet.
He said, and I quote from several times replaying that segment:

"So, uh, Pac-Man is one of the new characters we announced at E3, people are pretty excited about that, most excited about that, Rayman, and a whole bunch of others."

He name dropped Rayman as a standalone thing, did not mention his trophy, just mentioned him along with Pac-Man, and "a whole bunch of others."

brb getting my brown pants and grains of salt

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

"So, uh, Pac-Man is one of the new characters we announced at E3, people are pretty excited about that, most excited about that, Rayman, and a whole bunch of others."

He name dropped Rayman as a standalone thing, did not mention his trophy, just mentioned him along with Pac-Man, and "a whole bunch of others."

he might have been referring to megaman, but we'll see.
I wonder what sakurai thinks is "Too much" when it comes to 3rd party.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

Everyone just take a few, okay?
I think more than about eight is too many.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
"Too much" would depend on how big the roster is. For example, you could justify more 3rd party characters in a 50 character roster than a 30 character roster.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think 4 Third Party Characters is enough, :4sonic:,:4pacman:,:4megaman:and :snake:are more than enough to many third party characters would "willy-nilly" and loose the focus on this being a "Nintendo All-Star" Game.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
@leprechaunlink727
You could also add this quote from sakurai:
"I don’t care for faction wars like Nintendo versus SCEJA." (SCEJA is Sony Computer Entertainment Japan)
Meaning he probably does not care about snake's association with the playstation platform.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I dont buy the whole rayman thing either, it seems more like a slip of names, since we do have a few characters whos names end in "man". And the fact that sakurai would not outright show him front and center in trophy form before a big reveal, although people seem to think the same could be said about palutena and psudo palutena but its not exactly the same thing at all.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Regardless of how misinformed a gamer is I find it difficult to confuse a blue robot with a purple guy with no limbs and helicopter hair.

Then again I don't get why that trophy is purple since it's the color of death in Japan.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I dont buy the whole rayman thing either, it seems more like a slip of names, since we do have a few characters whos names end in "man". And the fact that sakurai would not outright show him front and center in trophy form before a big reveal, although people seem to think the same could be said about palutena and psudo palutena but its not exactly the same thing at all.
Someone recently found a larger image of the second trophy that Ubisoft posted, it's clearly a completely different model.
I certainly wouldn't underestimate Sakurai's ability to troll, just look at Ridley.
Regardless of how misinformed a gamer is I find it difficult to confuse a blue robot with a purple guy with no limbs and helicopter hair.

Then again I don't get why that trophy is purple since it's the color of death in Japan.
Common misconception, it's the colour of death in China, I believe. I think it's actually associated with royalty.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It is interesting to note that the Rayman trophy on Miiverse has a few differences posted on the official Smash Bros Twitter page. Means absolutely nothing but it is interesting.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
It is interesting to note that the Rayman trophy on Miiverse has a few differences posted on the official Smash Bros Twitter page. Means absolutely nothing but it is interesting.
Isnt that the one ubisoft themselves posted though? Maybe they sent them more then one model? Sakurai and team probably added lighting and new texture meshes to it as well so it would blend in with the other trophies.

But anyway enough about that character

Lets move back to the good stuff

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
snake getting revealed at gamescom.. possible or not?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
when is it?
IGN says

1. Gamescom 2014 will take place from August 13 to August 17, 2014 in Cologne, Germany. As in 2013, the first day (August 13) will only be open for industry and media visitors. The event will be open to everyone August 14 to 17, 2014.
Considering it's before the release of smash it's possible

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
hmm interesting, i know kojima is going there too. So i guess thats our next big event to keep an eye on, because time is getting short and i wouldnt be surprised if we knew the roster by the end of this month.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
MGS5 is gonna be at gamescom so mgs fans will probably be looking in to it. Revealing snake there would be a great way to turn MGS fans heads towards smash.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
If there was ever a 3rd party character to be a secret character revealed after launch, it'd be Snake. Sakurai and Kojima both like trolling people and are friends who could discuss it easily, I honestly wouldn't be supprised if this was the case. Though I imagine there would be a give away on the game box's small print. Legal stuff and all that.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

The Plain Evidence:

While releasing an updated port of a universally acclaimed classic is not exactly a huge risk, MGS3D was released about a year after the 3DS, when sales of the handheld were still falling well below expectations. This suggests Konami was fairly recently willing to support Nintendo even when it did not seem prudent from a business perspective. MGS3D was one of the first third party titles announced for the 3DS, and while it suffered from framerate issues, this is a very common issue with titles released in the early part of any console's life, and the game was far from a half ***** copy and paste port. MGS3D, while a remake (of the greatest game in the series), was modified with updated models and textures that arguably look better than those in the HD version released on PS3 and XBOX360 around the same time. MGS3D also included numerous gameplay tweaks and streamlined touches to bring it in line with more recent Metal Gear releases, as well as unique features designed to make use of the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D, gyroscope, and integrated camera. The game also featured a cameo by Yoshi, including a newly recorded codec conversation about Yoshi as well. The situation is similar to the release of MGS: The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, which likewise featured updated graphics and gameplay as well as Nintendo cameos and references. The Twin Snakes came out in March of 2004, a full year and a half before Brawl's development, which started in October of 2005, while MGS3D was released within a few weeks of the beginning of Smash 4's development. Twin Snakes also came out for the Gamecube, as opposed to the Wii, while MGS3D was released on the 3DS, one of the systems that Smash is actually releasing on.

BUUUUUT...

Don't forget about the "choking animation" thing. It's a push, so it should probably be yellow.
This one is somewhat of a push, but if people bring up “sleep is in this game” in favor of Jigglypuff, then I shall bring this up:

See how Fox is grasping for his neck? It’s similar to the animation characters used while grabbed by Snake in Brawl. That was literally the only time that animation was ever used in Brawl, to my memory.

Now think, they brought tripping back and its primarily used by Diddy Kong, but also appears in some other ways such as the Tingle AT (I think)…this can be a case of recycling animations/mechanics for an item that are also used in a moveset.

Top Bottom