• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Not nearly enough brother, we will always have an uphill battle until we see him confirmed.
And once he is, these same people will claim they always knew..

Everyone uses the Kojima argument, even though every third party has said the same exact thing at this point. O_o

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I hate it when people say this.

"There will probably be no cuts except for Snake"

I've seen so many people do this.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I hate it when people say this.

"There will probably be no cuts except for Snake"

I've seen so many people do this.
Seriously...
I hate when people say "The next Metal Gear isn't on Wii U so Snake is cut." Um... MGS4 wasn't on the Wii, and look who was in Brawl.

I'll betcha Sakurai is saving some surprises until the end and he's trying to keep us all in suspense as to if one of the most popular Brawl characters will return. It's the perfect way to keep us interested and hyped.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That doesn't make scene
I know, it was not a very good argument.

Also, capcom is giving wii u owners the shaft with the resident evil remake HD, which was just recently announced, and it was gamcube exclusive. So does capcom not deserve a rep then?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had an argument with someone who said snake was in brawl to advertise snake eater 3d and that were was no other metal gear game after it so he was cut. :/
Brawl came out in 2008, SE3D came out in 2012.

Whoever you argued with is an extreme moron.

EDIT: No pics?

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I know, it was not a very good argument.

Also, capcom is giving wii u owners the shaft with the resident evil remake HD, which was just recently announced, and it was gamcube exclusive. So does capcom not deserve a rep then?
Wouldn't that a PS1 Exclusive then it got a GC remake like MGS: TS. BTW that's not going to get the Fanboys but this will

Sonic CD is also on the PS Now Beta.
(Note I don't hate Sony. I'm a proud owner of a PS4)

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wouldn't that a PS1 Exclusive then it got a GC remake like MGS: TS. BTW that's not going to get the Fanboys but this will

Sonic CD is also on the PS Now Beta.
(Note I don't hate Sony. I'm a proud owner of a PS4)
I want to get another console soon, might get a ps4.
How is PSnow? I might not get it due to bandwith caps.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I do love Snake, but I really don't think he's coming back guys.

I hate to use the Kojima argument, but Sakurai has said multiple times that Smash 4's Roster has been finalized since before development even began. And if Kojima says he hasn't been contacted by Sakurai about bringing Snake back... Well then either he's not coming back, or Kojima's lying. I don't deny the latter being a possibility though, considering how playful both he and Sakurai can be. Sonic's only back because Sega outright said "We wouldn't object to bringing Sonic back" only days after they teased Smash at E3 all those years ago. If I'm correct, the game was well under way before Kojima made his comment, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

But believe me, I'm not one to say there's not a chance he'll come back. I sure as hell would welcome Snake's return. But... I dunno.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I do love Snake, but I really don't think he's coming back guys.

I hate to use the Kojima argument, but Sakurai has said multiple times that Smash 4's Roster has been finalized since before development even began. And if Kojima says he hasn't been contacted by Sakurai about bringing Snake back... Well then either he's not coming back, or Kojima's lying. I don't deny the latter being a possibility though, considering how playful both he and Sakurai can be. Sonic's only back because Sega outright said "We wouldn't object to bringing Sonic back" only days after they teased Smash at E3 all those years ago. If I'm correct, the game was well under way before Kojima made his comment, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

But believe me, I'm not one to say there's not a chance he'll come back. I sure as hell would welcome Snake's return. But... I dunno.
Kojima never said Sakurai never contacted him.
What he said was:

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."

Where does he say "Sakurai never contacted me"?, I find it suspicious that he says "I don't Know", How does he not know if his character is in a game or not?

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I think people are getting away from the primary purpose of Super Smash Bros when they're trying to rationalize each character's inclusion... these characters aren't put into the game to advertise for a game... (although sometimes it works out well that they do promote something... but what was he advertising for when he announced Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Mii Fighters, Little Mac, or even Charizard, Squirtle & Ivysaur for that matter... Pokémon RED?!) The first Smash Bros was released to allow players to play as their favorite characters and beat the tar out of their friends. Popularity of the characters was the most important factor behind their inclusion, (Which would explain why Meowth was considered for the first Smash Bros) and Snake is nothing if not popular.

If Snake is included on the roster again, it won't be some advertising ploy, it will be because Sakurai wants his fans to have the best Smash experience possible, and to prevent letting down a huge portion of Smash fans who main, and consider Snake their favorite character.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I can't access it i have bandwith caps as well! But i heard it's really expensive
yeah If you have a ps3 you can get those games for like 3-5 bucks and own it forever. I chose a bad time to buy myself a second console because the new consoles don't have very many games out now but last gen consoles have many games(mgs5 is coming to it), but I'm scared they will get discontinued soon. It's sad both ps4 and xbox don't have backwards compatibility.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
OH HAI SNAKE FANS.

I finally have had some time to tweet from the Snake Twitter account, but some **** is arguing against me. BACK ME UP. I've been very busy lately so I apologize for not keeping up with it. Forgive me.

I have Twitter at my disposal, but I need more followers. I need something to get momentum started. It might take time and pressure, but we've got time to get the message across. The games aren't even out yet, and they'll be around for a good amount of time.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
OH HAI SNAKE FANS.

I finally have had some time to tweet from the Snake Twitter account, but some **** is arguing against me. BACK ME UP. I've been very busy lately so I apologize for not keeping up with it. Forgive me.

I have Twitter at my disposal, but I need more followers. I need something to get momentum started. It might take time and pressure, but we've got time to get the message across. The games aren't even out yet, and they'll be around for a good amount of time.
What's the account name?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Nevermind guys! Just blocked his account on Twitter. No need for negativity from the non-believers! :awesome:

Anyway, I need more followers. Whatever way we can get them. Miiverse. Youtube. Any ****ty Smash forum we can find. We need them. I've stagnated at 24 for awhile, but I need more. LOTS MORE.

Although my friend actually mentioned a site that can get followers just by request...so I might look into that.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind guys! Just blocked his account on Twitter. No need for negativity from the non-believers! :awesome:

Anyway, I need more followers. Whatever way we can get them. Miiverse. Youtube. Any ****ty Smash forum we can find. We need them. I've stagnated at 24 for awhile, but I need more. LOTS MORE.

Although my friend actually mentioned a site that can get followers just by request...so I might look into that.
What's your twitter and I'll follow :p

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@Snake4Smash4. It should come up as "Les Smash Mercenaire", but if he's not in at release, I'm going to just change it to "Snake for Smash DLC" so that it's more recognizable.
I wouldn't change the name not yet anyway! Wait until the August Direct!

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Another argument for Snake: As many might know, arguments involve him not being a Nintendo character and how he's hardly had any games on Nintendo consoles. Super Smash Bros. Melee could have had Snake at the time, but he barely missed the deadline for what characters could be in. To think that Sakurai would even put Snake in Melee (despite Twin Snakes not even released or, as far as I'm aware, even in development) would boggle the minds of many. At the time, we would've only had what, the port of Metal Gear to the NES, a non-canon sequel not even official, and Ghost Babel which also isn't canon? You see where I'm going at?

And also, we haven't seen the back of the box for the new smash. I thought this was strange, I'm not sure why, but it makes a lot of sense if Snake is back.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've followed the Twitter campaign to lend my support.

this is the perfect example of what im talking about, while the TC kinda comes off bad. But look at all the mud flung at snake, its sickening how deep people go for their personal console wars against him.
Why does anyone care for that cesspool of a community?

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
this is the perfect example of what im talking about, while the TC kinda comes off bad. But look at all the mud flung at snake, its sickening how deep people go for their personal console wars against him.
I've given up on that site long ago. Not just for Smash, but for every other game as well. With the exception of a few people, the people who posts there are so stupid.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I got a Gif up of Solid Snake case anybody wants to use it.

Okay guys I want each of you to answer these Question
1. Do you like Solid Snake better than Big Boss?
2. Do you like MGS2 Raiden?
3. Do you think Solid Snake made the right move when he faked his death in the Tanker Chapter?
4. Should Snake's recovery be changed to the Fulton Recovery System?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

3. Do you think Solid Snake made the right move when he faked his death in the Tanker Chapter?
1. It's really hard to say either way. Both are amazing in their own ways. But, for the sake of me being a nostalgic guy, I like Solid more. But by a very slim margin.
2. I thought he was cool back before I didn't really understand Metal Gear too much. I love the Revengeance one more though.
3. I think so.... maybe... he probably knew what he was doing in that part
4. YES.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

1. In my opinion, within the canon of the Metal Gear timeline, Solid Snake is superior to Big Boss, as he did not fall to the horrors of war that twisted Big Boss.
2. No. I thought Raiden was a girl when I first saw him, and throughout the entire game he was angsty and ******, but he did have some good moments.
3. Yes. Faking his death allowed him to infiltrate Big Shell.
4. Yes, but I'd also like his current recovery.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

1. Both are equal, as both are brothers.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. YES.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

1. Yes, but I can't really judge because I have not played the big boss games
2. I didn't mind him, I thought he was cool. I guess people hated him because they were mad that they didn't get to play as snake that long.
3. Yes, It made the story more interesting
4. sure why not

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
You know, I really want to see Snake return. He was such a unique character in Brawl and his moveset was was one of the most unique in the game. His personality was great plus the codec conversations were a great bonus as well. I feel like Snake will be one of the last reveals of the roster. Just my thoughts, can't wait to see him return!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
@Snake4Smash4. It should come up as "Les Smash Mercenaire", but if he's not in at release, I'm going to just change it to "Snake for Smash DLC" so that it's more recognizable.
Following you now.

Also another thing that bugs me is the whole Snake doesn't fit argument. That needs to die already.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

1. Yes, just ask my profile pic.
2. Yes, playing as a rookie was kinda cool.
3. Yes, because playing next to the legendary Solid Snake in the big shell chapter felt really bad***.
4. Depends on which Snake makes it in.

Top Bottom