• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I've been wondering how is Snake faring in Japan?
I would imagine they'd want him back considering how popular Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker is over there.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I've been wondering how is Snake faring in Japan?
I would imagine they'd want him back considering how popular Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker is over there.
So PW is popular over there despite censorship.

k

don't worry that's totally believable

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
So PW is popular over there despite censorship.

k

don't worry that's totally believable

You jerk. Why would you post that here?! WHY?!! I was having a happy morning before I saw that. I didn't even watch that video and I still got sad. Just... d***.
*sniff*
Credit to: feriowind on deviant art
I'm just going to keep on rolling here.
Peace Walker really was censored in Japan, I think they tried to squeeze it into like a T rating. Not that Peace Walker is the most serious game to start with. That cat thing, Paz's diary goes from sad to weird to heartwarming, BB believes in Santa and a lot of the calls are just plain strange. But of course it's a Metal Gear game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You jerk. Why would you post that here?! WHY?!! I was having a happy morning before I saw that. I didn't even watch that video and I still got sad. Just... d***.
*sniff*
what's wrong with showing electric torture that happens at least once a MG game

Only reason the censorship happened is because the Japanese are touchy on torture and nuclear weapons. Don't worry, Kojima was as pissed as you are now.

Also, because I assume you've never watched this particular variant, just watch it.

BB's ******** laughter when getting shocked is hilarious to me. It is cringe-worthy in the West, but over there I can't help but think he's playing with a broken toy.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
what's wrong with showing electric torture that happens at least once a MG game

Only reason the censorship happened is because the Japanese are touchy on torture and nuclear weapons. Don't worry, Kojima was as pissed as you are now.

Also, because I assume you've never watched this particular variant, just watch it.

BB's ******** laughter when getting shocked is hilarious to me. It is cringe-worthy in the West, but over there I can't help but think he's playing with a broken toy.
I did watch it and...
Oh my god. I have no words.
Japan, oh Japan. That country has some really weird s***. You don't even know, sometimes I can think of it as a serious and respectful country but then I just take a trip across tumblr.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Had a dream snake got replaced with big boss who had his MGSV look. Oddly enough his reveal was him hiding and giving someone a item while hiding under a box.

Was a weird dream and just goes to show we have been waiting way too long for a confirmation.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin

I doubt this is of huge importance, but when I was watching this video, I noticed the Metal Gear symbol alongside all the other Smash Bros symbols for the other representatives.

My apologies if someone already linked this before

It could just be something you find in google images, but I found it amusing enough to post it

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Since the Snake in Brawl was a Hybrid Model of Naked/Solid Snake do you guys think they'll keep his MGS3 face or MGS3D face because MGS3D had a completely remade model of Snake should they his this

(minus the Eye patch)
Or just update his Brawl one?

Also @leprechaunlink727 You need to add this to the "Facts" or "Ambiguous" Part of your list it's Nintendo's interest in Metal Gear. I don't know what year but Miyamoto invited Kojima for lunch and they discussed The Twin Snake's. Nintendo even lent a development team to create the game. In this trailer Psycho Mantis states "I see you like Nintendo game's ... Now I remember Hideo Kojima has respect for Mr. Miyamoto." I know what your thinking. What's this have to do with today? It shows that Nintendo has interest in MGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsyUxQjPucs

And the fact that Nintendo approached Konami and asked them to release a Metal Gear and Castlevania game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Not cool.

Still, this reinvigorates Snake's chances, since no more 3rd parties aside from the questionable Shulk.
Shulk is not 3rd party, xenoblade is an ip owned by nintendo and monolith soft is 1st party to nintendo

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
D'oh.

Ok then, Snake's chances have skyrocketed for me.
It's alright, I can see why some people might think that, the other 2 games in project rainfall were 3rd party. But yeah, unless that rayman statement is a cover up, the only other third party who will be in is snake.

2nd Party!
nintendo owns monolith, so they are 1st party

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I don't see why Snake would be cut unless Konami didn't want him in themselves (Or whoever owns Snake).

The Kojima interview doesn't mean too much, I doubt he'd have said Snake is in whether he knew or not.

Good luck guys, I hoping Snake comes back, I love the extra flavor he adds to the vibrant cast of Smash

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's alright, I can see why some people might think that, the other 2 games in project rainfall were 3rd party. But yeah, unless that rayman statement is a cover up, the only other third party who will be in is snake.

nintendo owns monolith, so they are 1st party
Actually all three of them are first party.:laugh:
Pandora's Tower and The Last Story were published by XSeed because Nintendo was afraid they wouldn't sell.
But I always saw 4 third party characters as a solid, believeable number.
So yeah you can say I'm kind of expecting Snake.:bluejump:

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Top 5 Reasons I think Snake will be back:

1. Metal Gear's creator asked Sakurai to use him.
2. He was a unique and very special addition to Brawl and was quickly one of the most loved characters in the game adding a whole new genre to the mix. No stages in the game felt quite like his, with the epic espionage music and the snowy night. He'd be backtracking to get rid of a character who adds a cool new element to the game.
3. Sakurai loves doing things to make his fans happy and he has an eagle eye on the things we talk about. Example: Remember when he announced Waluigi? He said "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it in." He knows that people requested him and talked about him a lot. Remember when he announced Lucario's Mega Evolution being part of the game? He made some sort of reference to making fans happy. He knows what we want and will do what it takes to make it happen.
4. Project M: With Project M always updating their brilliant game with new costumes or stages, I'm certain Sakurai feels at least somewhat threatened by them. I'll bet you he wants the Wii U version of Smash Bros to replace Project M at tournaments, and by limiting the selection of popular characters, he'll be lowering his chances of being successful in this endeavor. (This is also why I think Roy will be a Lucina alternate, and Mewtwo will return.)
5. Because there is literally not one good reason to cut him. Snake was an odd choice for Brawl and he fit in (surprisingly) perfectly! You don't fix what ain't broke! Smash bros would just feel like something is missing without Snake.

SonicMario

Smash Master
4. Project M: With Project M always updating their brilliant game with new costumes or stages, I'm certain Sakurai feels at least somewhat threatened by them. I'll bet you he wants the Wii U version of Smash Bros to replace Project M at tournaments, and by limiting the selection of popular characters, he'll be lowering his chances of being successful in this endeavor. (This is also why I think Roy will be a Lucina alternate, and Mewtwo will return.)
Don't worry, I'd like Snake to be back just as much as most of you guys. But I don't think Project M is a factor at all. Even if Sakurai is aware of Project M, I don't think he'll see it as anything more then a hack. He also sees Smash Bros. as more of a party game more then a real competitive fighter, so the thought of him wanting Smash 4 to replace older games of the series at Tournaments is not something Sakurai would be concerned with.

I think you're actual 4th reason should be Sakurai dislikes cuts. The only character he's willingly cut was Pichu. Even Dr. Mario was once planned to return in Brawl. And your first one should be expanded to cover Sakurai's friendship with Kojima. If their friendship alone was the catalyst for how Snake got in Brawl in the first place. What stops them from doing it again?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I think you're actual 4th reason should be Sakurai dislikes cuts. The only character he's willingly cut was Pichu. Even Dr. Mario was once planned to return in Brawl. And your first one should be expanded to cover Sakurai's friendship with Kojima. If their friendship alone was the catalyst for how Snake got in Brawl in the first place. What stops them from doing it again?
Well, I posted this to start conversation. If you'd like to add to my ideas or tell me reasons you think I'm right or wrong, that's exactly what you should do!

I find what you said about Sakurai's friendship with Kojima very encouraging. I didn't know that... could you expand a bit?

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well, I posted this to start conversation. If you'd like to add to my ideas or tell me reasons you think I'm right or wrong, that's exactly what you should do!

I find what you said about Sakurai's friendship with Kojima very encouraging. I didn't know that... could you expand a bit?
Well I don't know the details about the actual friendship. Like how long Sakurai and Kojima knew eachother. But basically Kojima actually begged Sakurai to get Snake back in Melee. But at the time, Melee was too far in development to add more characters. But the reason Kojima wanted Snake in was because he and his Son loved Smash Bros. (I assume the N64 game) and played the game alot and his son said something about how there was no character Kojima made was in the game. But when Sakurai had another chance in Brawl, he set to grant Kojima and his Son's wish.

Source

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I kinda wish kojima never answered that question on that stream, its caused more harm then good. Ive had to correct at least a dozen people this week alone because they are changing the quote to something like "kojima said snake wasnt in yet" and "kojima was never approached by sakurai". Talk about the message getting lost, its the purple monkey dishwasher situation all over again.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I kinda wish kojima never answered that question on that stream, its caused more harm then good. Ive had to correct at least a dozen people this week alone because they are changing the quote to something like "kojima said snake wasnt in yet" and "kojima was never approached by sakurai". Talk about the message getting lost, its the purple monkey dishwasher situation all over again.
Where do you argue with these people at?

Top Bottom