• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
The focus people seem to bring on Sheik's grenades is reaching. They are seemingly very dissimilar to how Snake's grenades work, they could hardly be considered the same move.

Morbi

Scavenger
The focus people seem to bring on Sheik's grenades is reaching. They are seemingly very dissimilar to how Snake's grenades work, they could hardly be considered the same move.
A grenade is a grenade. :troll:

I do; however, agree. There is no feasible correlation between the two moves that would determine the play-ability of Snake.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Interesting... he also talks about Snack at around 32:40

He seems to have misquoted Kojima like many seem to from that interview,. Not once did he say sakurai never contacted him, the most he said was that he didn't know since he wasn't working on that game. Video was ok otherwise

Yeah it is getting old, and kinda ridiculous since many seem to act like this series has never had characters with similar moves or specials. What about all the transforming final smashes or all the counter moves?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman

Arg, don't be an idiot..

Grenades, Steel Diver and Zamuses Final Smash aren't actually that similar.
They are in Concept, but in execution..not at all.

Zamus:
Lasers don't function the same as grenades.
There's a delay with the grenades...and that's only going based on if they didn't change his final smash at all.
After MGS4 a Metal Gear would make way more sense to take over. They change Kirby's, why not Snakes?

Steel Diver:
Fire Flower is an Item.... Bowser and Charizard still have fire breathe.
Scope Gun was an item that could be charged like Samuses Beam or shot in succession...just like her move.
Ray gun shoots lasers like Falco, Wolf and Fox. Who is really to know what customization options are out there and if they overlap. I would be hard pressed to find three different uses of lasers.

Grenades:
See Above.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Arg, don't be an idiot..

Grenades, Steel Diver and Zamuses Final Smash aren't actually that similar.
They are in Concept, but in execution..not at all.

Zamus:
Lasers don't function the same as grenades.
There's a delay with the grenades...and that's only going based on if they didn't change his final smash at all.
After MGS4 a Metal Gear would make way more sense to take over. They change Kirby's, why not Snakes?

Steel Diver:
Fire Flower is an Item.... Bowser and Charizard still have fire breathe.
Scope Gun was an item that could be charged like Samuses Beam or shot in succession...just like her move.
Ray gun shoots lasers like Falco, Wolf and Fox. Who is really to know what customization options are out there and if they overlap. I would be hard pressed to find three different uses of lasers.

Grenades:
See Above.
Is the steel diver gun remote control like the nikita? All it says on ssbwiki is this:
"The Steel Diver (スティールダイバー, Sutīrudaibā) is a long-range weapon confirmed to appear in Super Smash Bros. 4. It is said to launch torpedoes that move slowly at first but speed up afterward."

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Is the steel diver gun remote control like the nikita? All it says on ssbwiki is this:
"The Steel Diver (スティールダイバー, Sutīrudaibā) is a long-range weapon confirmed to appear in Super Smash Bros. 4. It is said to launch torpedoes that move slowly at first but speed up afterward."
I don't think you can control the Steel Diver.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If you can't control it, then why do people use it against snake? Weird. Good to know steel diver gun is not remote control, hopes increased.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
If you can't control it, then why do people use it against snake? Weird. Good to know steel diver gun is not remote control, hopes increased.
Because people are just naturally biased against him and look for reasons to suggest he's not in. For all the talk of Snake fans being "delusional", many of the reasons given against him do not stand up to much scrutiny. I've even seen people refer to the supposed stolen moves as a "mounting pile of evidence" which is madness. Even if that's what Sakurai was doing (adding these vaguely similar moves to replace Snake's), it doesn't make sense in terms of game design - part of a move's design is how it works with the rest of the character. It doesn't really make any sense to "chop up" a character's moveset to begin with.

Last edited:

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I think it's obvious that the main reason most people who don't want Snake in, don't want him in because he has a lot of games that are either playstation exclusive, or on everything but Nintendo, but I think that that is what makes Snake special. He's kind of like how Sonic reps Sega, who was an old rival of Nintendo, even though Sony is still a competitor. I always thought of him in Smash as a rep for the PS1, instead of Sony as a whole. Sure, there are better characters to represent that era, but we're not going to get Crash Bandicoot any time soon.

And it's not like Konami went out of their way to make it so MGS barely appears on Nintendo systems, since it normally doesn't appear because of the console's limitations. Hell, even the Xbox couldn't get MGS4 because it was so big. In comparison to other franchises, MGS is great when it comes to trying to bring it's games over to Nintendo systems. MGS1 was completely redone, with all the lines of dialogue being rerecorded, redone cutscenes, textures, and models, and added features so it could be on the gamecube. MGS3 also had to be redone, though they didn't rerecord any of the old lines, but they did add Yoshis and Photo camo. The only reason MGSV isn't coming to Wii U is because that's a whole new console that the team would have to learn to develop for, with little pay off in the end.

People just dismiss Snake and say he doesn't belong because of the fact that so many of his games have skipped Nintendo's consoles*, which we can't argue since it comes down to opinions.

*The ratio of MG games featuring Snake on Nintendo consoles vs not on Nintendo consoles is 5/5 (not counting the acid games, and I could be forgetting some)
On Nintendo- MG, MG2, MG GB MGS (TS), MGS3 (3D)
Off Nintendo- MGS2, MGS4, MGS PW, MGS PO, MGSV
Technically, MG2 and MG Ghost Babel are non canon, and only two Solid games have appeared on Nintendo, but they all have Snake (Solid/Naked) in them.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think it's obvious that the main reason most people who don't want Snake in, don't want him in because he has a lot of games that are either playstation exclusive, or on everything but Nintendo, but I think that that is what makes Snake special. He's kind of like how Sonic reps Sega, who was an old rival of Nintendo, even though Sony is still a competitor. I always thought of him in Smash as a rep for the PS1, instead of Sony as a whole. Sure, there are better characters to represent that era, but we're not going to get Crash Bandicoot any time soon.

And it's not like Konami went out of their way to make it so MGS barely appears on Nintendo systems, since it normally doesn't appear because of the console's limitations. Hell, even the Xbox couldn't get MGS4 because it was so big. In comparison to other franchises, MGS is great when it comes to trying to bring it's games over to Nintendo systems. MGS1 was completely redone, with all the lines of dialogue being rerecorded, redone cutscenes, textures, and models, and added features so it could be on the gamecube. MGS3 also had to be redone, though they didn't rerecord any of the old lines, but they did add Yoshis and Photo camo. The only reason MGSV isn't coming to Wii U is because that's a whole new console that the team would have to learn to develop for, with little pay off in the end.

People just dismiss Snake and say he doesn't belong because of the fact that so many of his games have skipped Nintendo's consoles*, which we can't argue since it comes down to opinions.

*The ratio of MG games featuring Snake on Nintendo consoles vs not on Nintendo consoles is 5/5 (not counting the acid games, and I could be forgetting some)
Technically, MG2 and MG Ghost Babel are non canon, and only two Solid games have appeared on Nintendo, but they all have Snake (Solid/Naked) in them.
By MG2 do you mean Snake's Revenge? Because Metal Gear 2 is a different game, though it wasvported to the VC in Japan.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

I always thought of him being a rep for the MSX/NGC since most of his weapons is taken directly from the Twin Snake's except for the Landmines which is from the Metal Gear 2. We got in Japan Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on the Wii VC as well.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I always thought of him being a rep for the MSX/NGC since most of his weapons is taken directly from the Twin Snake's except for the Landmines which is from the Metal Gear 2. We got in Japan Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on the Wii VC as well.
HOLD THE F*** UP!
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT MG AND MG2 ARE ON THE WII?!
IS THIS A THING?!
*coughs politely*
I was haunting tumblr and I found this:
QA Leak
It's incredibly in depth for a leak and most of what it says seems plausible, so I would take what it says with a grain of salt. Two things I want to point out though is:
1. It says it'll leave Snake a 'mystery'.
2. That almost all the brawl veterans will return.
What do you guys think?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
HOLD THE F*** UP!
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT MG AND MG2 ARE ON THE WII?!
IS THIS A THING?!
*coughs politely*
I was haunting tumblr and I found this:
QA Leak
It's incredibly in depth for a leak and most of what it says seems plausible, so I would take what it says with a grain of salt. Two things I want to point out though is:
1. It says it'll leave Snake a 'mystery'.
2. That almost all the brawl veterans will return.
What do you guys think?
Pretty sure that one's fake. It seems like more of a wishlist than a proper leak. Besides, it's rather contradictory. Lucas is apparently the only cut, only to be replaced by a different, less important Mother character while Mother 3 gets 2 more stages? And if Lucas is the only cut, why leave Snake's fate a mystery when it would only mean he's in?
I mean, the leak helps it, but take it with a truckload of salt.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I saw that "leak" and it was definitely bogus like almost all 4chan leaks. He slipped up by using images without changing the filenames, which when searched in an archive turned up earlier posts in which the person was speculating with everybody else. Very very unlikely those posts were made by different people.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I saw that "leak" and it was definitely bogus like almost all 4chan leaks. He slipped up by using images without changing the filenames, which when searched in an archive turned up earlier posts in which the person was speculating with everybody else. Very very unlikely those posts were made by different people.
I was just amazed by how detailed it was. That sight collects the leaks so I see a lot of them because I follow the blog, and that's one of the larger ones. It would have to be a very dedicated troller (and smart) to make all that or at least some of it was founded in fact.
Personally I liked the stuff about the modes and DLC, I wouldn't mind that happening. I just wanted to point it, if anything.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd Do you want this as a Snake alt.?

About the leak, I'm going to say it's fake. Seems more like a wish list. I wouldn't doubt that Sakurai will do something trollish for Snake's reveal, He already crushed the hopes and dreams of takamaru fans by deconfirming him only after getting their hopes up. lol

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Its fake.
Its playing too safe with characters that are assumed to be in or out.
But gives information on things like Stage Builder and Coin Shooter which are pretty safe to begin with.
Like:
>Leaving that a mystery
C'mon...leaving that of all things a mystery.
Thats one of the more controversial things people will want to talk about and the leaker leaves no real
comment on it.

Its like, the leaker goes through the trouble of writing a detail of how they think Ridly will play and then say its
a mystery for whether snake is in.
And then for starfox they're like "Yeh." and wont even detail anything.

Fake ass fake leak.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It would appear so, even i didnt know that one, thats very interesting too. So now we have 2 more metal gear games for nintendo, which is even better that its in sakurai's region.
Oh please tell me that it's true, god I would get that on the wii even if I can play it on the Xbos with the HD Collection, just so I can say I have it.
@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd Do you want this as a Snake alt.?

About the leak, I'm going to say it's fake. Seems more like a wish list. I wouldn't doubt that Sakurai will do something trollish for Snake's reveal, He already crushed the hopes and dreams of takamaru fans by deconfirming him only after getting their hopes up. lol
That looks really good, I love the detail, is that real or not? Photoshop maybe. Loving the knife too plus that tatoo.
plus any alt with a shirtless Snake is a good alt.
Actually now that I think about it, that reminds me of a thing.

This is such a derp picture but the tattoo just put a light bulb, I saw this on deviant art like.... two years ago? Thought I would share, all the credit goes to the original artist who actually did redesigns like for all the brawl characters. (Goes by Krowjak).

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
That picture causes me to think of a Die Hard movie staring Solid Snake.

I'd watch it.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Oh please tell me that it's true, god I would get that on the wii even if I can play it on the Xbos with the HD Collection, just so I can say I have it.

That looks really good, I love the detail, is that real or not? Photoshop maybe. Loving the knife too plus that tatoo.
plus any alt with a shirtless Snake is a good alt.
Actually now that I think about it, that reminds me of a thing.

This is such a derp picture but the tattoo just put a light bulb, I saw this on deviant art like.... two years ago? Thought I would share, all the credit goes to the original artist who actually did redesigns like for all the brawl characters. (Goes by Krowjak).
Nope. That's an actual cosplay. I can't remember the guys name, but search google with the image.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

inb4 Snake Plissken from Escape from New York for Solid Snake alt o3o
I could dig the leather jacket and whatever those weird pants that he was wearing.
That was such a cheesy, silly movie but god I loved it. I don't think Plissken smiled once in the entire thing.

Top Bottom