• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think it's clear which one looks more badass. Although the eyepatch helps too.

Am i the only one who finds it cute how Snake is just dangling there. Just chilling. But yeah, I think the fulton would make more sense and would be cooler.
I see were you are coming from.
I think they did well with what they had. Snake essentially either has distancing attacks...which set up for the ranged attacks or the ability to plan a "sneaky" attack via Mines/C4 (grenades and mortars semi this cat). I would personally would love it if they had more moves like the Mine or C4 because you actually are almost forced to plan ahead and "gather intel" in order to be effective in battle. That's all you can really do in regards to mirroring stealth in a fighting game.

Plant this mine for several seconds, bazooka'd the dude to said mine. KO Check. Boom. "Kept you waiting, huh?"

C4 to the back of someone else. Choke/Neck Snap (apparently) into group of 4 others. Bam..."TASTY!"

"That takes care of the cremation."

I think this is a reason I can't see him going/don't want him to go.
He has a unique moveset. They should expand on it. No one else plays like him. Playing Snake is not something a dumb person can accomplish effectively. You need to plan ahead and create set-ups and distance when needed. That is the point of the character.

...And paragraphs/life stories later, and why I quoted you, is because CQC should be used. It was relatively fledgling when Brawl came out but became more prominent and now all of the more recent games have had it. Makes sense for the character and would lend itself to his overall gameplay. CQC for the opportunity to set up "planning ahead" attacks. You could also get rid of the whole "neck snap" issue in one swoop.

I also do agree with the Fulton, but that is more akin to Big Boss than Snake.
I am a broken record at this point, but I think if we do get a Snake it will be Big Boss (for reasons, see older posts) Entirely possible they will stick with Solid, but Big Boss is plausible and more relative to the current state of the series than Solid, at this particular moment. ("replacement" akin to Young Link to Toon Link)
I want more CQC but keep most of his specials, that would appease me.
I don't care what Snake we get, just so long as we get a Snake.
I'm just worried when Snake returms he don't get the Sonic treatment.
What's the Sonic treatment?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
What's the Sonic treatment?
*Insert Daily Agony* listen to this while you read this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6y3W-NjFEI
When Sonic was first reveled he just got a 40 second trailer and had the theme Sonic Heroes playing not that I have anything against heroes HIS WORLD would have been a much better choice. Sonic is rarely featured in any POTD Megaman has like 10+ Pics Sonic has like 5 or 6 Pics. Sonic wasn't even played at the Invitational over at the Sonic Thread we think it's because the lack of updates on the Blue Blur.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
*Insert Daily Agony* listen to this while you read this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6y3W-NjFEI
When Sonic was first reveled he just got a 40 second trailer and had the theme Sonic Heroes playing not that I have anything against heroes HIS WORLD would have been a much better choice. Sonic is rarely featured in any POTD Megaman has like 10+ Pics Sonic has like 5 or 6 Pics. Sonic wasn't even played at the Invitational over at the Sonic Thread we think it's because the lack of updates on the Blue Blur.
He was there but then he disappeared huh?
That would be awful. If that happened to Snake I would probably cry. Of course any time I think about Snake being confirmed I realize how much of a nerd I'm going to act like even if he did only get three pictures. I do kind of want to know how he would be confirmed, would he get a video like Sonic or would he just get POTD or just be quietly confirmed while we're all sleeping so that way when we wake up it's a pleasent suprise?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He was there but then he disappeared huh?
That would be awful. If that happened to Snake I would probably cry. Of course any time I think about Snake being confirmed I realize how much of a nerd I'm going to act like even if he did only get three pictures. I do kind of want to know how he would be confirmed, would he get a video like Sonic or would he just get POTD or just be quietly confirmed while we're all sleeping so that way when we wake up it's a pleasent suprise?
I'm confident Snake will get a short re-introductory trailer.

I mean, if you look at Sonic's, on Nintendo's Smash Bros. Trailer playlist, you'll see Sonic's return trailer is there, even though it's not much of a reveal since he we all expected him.

I imagine Snake will get the exact same treatment.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm confident Snake will get a short re-introductory trailer.

I mean, if you look at Sonic's, on Nintendo's Smash Bros. Trailer playlist, you'll see Sonic's return trailer is there, even though it's not much of a reveal since he we all expected him.

I imagine Snake will get the exact same treatment.
Forty seconds of Snake, sounds good to me. I highly doubt he would get his own cut scene though that would be pretty sweet.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic wasn't even played at the Invitational over at the Sonic Thread we think it's because the lack of updates on the Blue Blur.
That's because none of the players there were people who played Sonic all that often anyway. We've already heard about Sonic gaining some good buffs from the game from those who have played him from Smashfest or those lucky enough to attend E3 and have some time with a demo themselves. Just that Sonic's style of fighting didn't fit any of the people invited to play in the Tourney.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Frankly the game is so close now that I don't care if Snake never shows up in the PotD, I just want to know he's back. The ten screenshots on his character page will be enough to hold me over. I really think some time this week at Comic-Con would be the ideal time to reveal him. He's not a newcomer, but he's still massively hype and has to be revealed before release, so Comic-Con seems perfect to me. I hope at the very least we get some veteran, even if it's just Wario.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
That's because none of the players there were people who played Sonic all that often anyway. We've already heard about Sonic gaining some good buffs from the game from those who have played him from Smashfest or those lucky enough to attend E3 and have some time with a demo themselves. Just that Sonic's style of fighting didn't fit any of the people invited to play in the Tourney.
So no Sonic mains went to the tourney. But that doesn't seem to excuse how he has practically disappeared, a few of the characters have seemed to do that. Zelda is one, I don't think she's had a POTD in about two months.
Of course I'm sure Sakurai wants to talk about the newcomers.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So no Sonic mains went to the tourney. But that doesn't seem to excuse how he has practically disappeared, a few of the characters have seemed to do that. Zelda is one, I don't think she's had a POTD in about two months.
Of course I'm sure Sakurai wants to talk about the newcomers.
I personally don't think it's a big deal or not what characters have not made the most or least appearances in the pics of the day. They shouldn't be taken for "Sakurai cares more about this character more then the others!" often there's just a new character he wants to show off their main gimmick or he wants to show some new feature, item, stage, etc in Smash 4. And sometimes the pic literally reveals nothing new (Remember Luigi's nose? xP)

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm predicting Snake will get a reveal PotD and maybe one more that week to show off a move change and that's it. And I would be perfectly okay with that. As long as he's in the game, that's really all I can ask for.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm predicting Snake will get a reveal PotD and maybe one more that week to show off a move change and that's it. And I would be perfectly okay with that. As long as he's in the game, that's really all I can ask for.
We'll get plenty of Snake goodness game proper. I can live with that, although I would love more.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I assume we'll get a new stage too, probably from Snake Eater, but who knows. Shadow Moses was technically an MGS4 stage.
*pauses*
Derp you are correct, Rex, Ray and Gecko. MGS4 not MGS. I never thought about it that way.
If we want to go on the more recent game I feel like something from Peace Walker. Maybe Mother Base?

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Maybe we could even get the MGSV Mother Base that looks like Big Shell.
Does Mother Base look like Big Shell...

IT DOES!
WHAT A CONSPIRACY GUYS!!!
On another note, I'm not sure how I feel about Ocelot with both arms:

After MGS 4 it just feels unnatural, I wonder if he's still a magnificent ham?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
A snake reveal trailer would most likely be a codec call and gameplay
kinda like this:

that's a fitting re-reveal for a veteran of his caliber.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
A snake reveal trailer would most likely be a codec call and gameplay
kinda like this:

that's a fitting re-reveal for a veteran of his caliber.
It would be a standard smash video, maybe with Sakurai talking about the gameplay and then... SUDDENLY SNAKE!!
I would have a heart attack.

mmmTmmm

Smash Rookie
At first I didn't read the whole thread, I am from Germany and I can't so good speak english.

In my opinion snake doesn't fit in super smash bros and I don't want him in the new game from smash bros.

Here are the reasons why:

-He uses real weapon like granades and bazookas. Nintendo make games family-friendly games, why snake is use real weapons?
It's okay to use weapons, but not real weapon like bazookas. It's a way to hard.

-He's not from Nintendo (okay this point isn't so good)

-He doesn't look like the art from other characters in ssb

-He strangle other characters. For a game for kids, he shouldn't do that

If snake comes back, then he needs a new movesset.
Anyway, I don't want him :)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
At first I didn't read the whole thread, I am from Germany and I can't so good speak english.

In my opinion snake doesn't fit in super smash bros and I don't want him in the new game from smash bros.

-He uses real weapon like granades and bazookas. Nintendo make games family-friendly games, why snake is use real weapons?
It's okay to use weapons, but not real weapon like bazookas. It's a way to hard.

Yay! Another one...
Ok here we go.
1. The reasons he uses RPG's(Bazookas) and Grenades is because they can be shown in a comical fashion. Another reason they use RPG's and Grenades is, most likely, because Pistols, Rifles, and Knives are common in American families we don't want a kid pretending he's Snake with his fathers gun now do we? Grenades and RPG's are the best way to go.
2. Yeah, you're right not a good point.:laugh:
3. No one looks like the art in Smash Bros. No one "fits". why? Because it's a crossover fighting game.
4. It's presented in a comical fashion so it's not as bad as you make it seem.
5. Welcome to SmashBoards!:b:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

1. snake does not use a bazooka, he uses the nikita, which is not a real weapon. Sheik has grenades too.
2. neither is megaman,sonic,or pacman
3. Neither does game and watch, I guess he doesn't fit either. Like nonspecificguy said, it's a crossover game, anyone can fit in.
4. So it's okay that other characters can set people on fire and ganondorf can crush faces, but snake can't strangle people?

Hey,I guess it's your opinion, but I'm fine with his moveset and him being in smash. I didn't want miis in smash at first, but after a while, I got used to them. Maybe you'll get used to snake :).

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

1. Sheik using a Grenade this time around. Does she fit?
2. Neither is Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man
3. Don't understand the question? Are you saying he dosent fit in the game's art style. They'll make him fit.
4. This is NOT a Kid's Game it's tagarted to the T audience.
I'm going to let this slide cause your just a Rookie and you making a Rookie mistake.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Swords, bows & arrows and "cartoony" bombs are dated but also quite real, especially the former. The only real difference between them and Snake's weaponry is that it reflects a modern design - and weapons like the Nikita are Sci-Fi. Besides they are not above changing the design of his weapons to more closely suit the nature of the game. In Brawl pre-release his landmine appeared more gritty but was changed to more closely resemble how it appeared in Metal Gear 2.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Swords, bows & arrows and "cartoony" bombs are dated but also quite real, especially the former. The only real difference between them and Snake's weaponry is that it reflects a modern design - and weapons like the Nikita are Sci-Fi. Besides they are not above changing the design of his weapons to more closely suit the nature of the game. In Brawl pre-release his landmine appeared more gritty but was changed to more closely resemble how it appeared in Metal Gear 2.
Snake was definitely been toned down for Brawl. Not to a noticeable degree though.
On another note, what are the chances he'll get a different taunt from the box?

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
On another note, what are the chances he'll get a different taunt from the box?
Why would he have something else? Silly.
(Ok, seriously I feel like he should have 2 new taunts, but I'm not very familiar with MGS so I don't know what they could even be.)

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
He could do that 'recomposure' pose he does after defeating a boss in MGS1, or the one he does when he finishes a virtual mission.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
One of his taunts should just be "Kept you waiting, huh?"

It'll be the new "You're too slow!"
he could say that after coming out of the box.

maybe he could use the codec like in project m.
i want a smoking taunt, doubt we would get one though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
he could say that after coming out of the box.

maybe he could use the codec like in project m.
i want a smoking taunt, doubt we would get one though.
But just imagine the amazing battles!
"You're too slow!" "Kept you waiting huh?" "You're too slow!" "Kept you waiting huh?" "You're too slow!" "Kept you waiting huh?" "You're too slow! You're too slow!" "Kept you waiting huh?" "You're not ready yet!" *constant ringing of G&W's bell*

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I believe in Project M he gets a salute a la big boss at the end of mgs3 and a quick drag on a cigarette as new taunts. Obviously the cigarette won't happen, but the salute would be awesome. I never understood why Snake was the only character with just one taunt in Brawl. I would hope they give him two more this time.

Personally I think it would be cool if the box got some combat utility. Maybe you could keep it on and run around if you double tap the taunt button, and it would absorb like 20% before breaking and being unusable for the rest of that stock, giving you very brief invincibility (or at least super armor) at the cost of being able to jump or attack. That way it's largely impractical, but occasionally a great hail mary escape option for "oh ****" situations, just like in the mgs games. It would give you just enough time to escape to the other side of the stage and launch a stinger just in time to hit your pursuer.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I believe in Project M he gets a salute a la big boss at the end of mgs3 and a quick drag on a cigarette as new taunts. Obviously the cigarette won't happen, but the salute would be awesome. I never understood why Snake was the only character with just one taunt in Brawl. I would hope they give him two more this time.

Personally I think it would be cool if the box got some combat utility. Maybe you could keep it on and run around if you double tap the taunt button, and it would absorb like 20% before breaking and being unusable for the rest of that stock, giving you very brief invincibility (or at least super armor) at the cost of being able to jump or attack. That way it's largely impractical, but occasionally a great hail mary escape option for "oh ****" situations, just like in the mgs games. It would give you just enough time to escape to the other side of the stage and launch a stinger just in time to hit your pursuer.
I want to keep the box, but not have all the taunts be the box, let us add some variety to the mix...
The Salute:

(Almost BB, the tips of your fingers should be at your brow.)
I want him to do that adorable little thing he does when he completes a VR mission in MGS2:

(It's similar to when he detonates his C4)
Wishlist:
Exclamation Point On command:

(Barrel not required)

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
you know what would be cool, if we got Big Boss as a "newcomer" he could have one of those cool newcomer promotional artworks. How would you guys want his Smash artwork to look like?

oh and I think Snake is being rated in Rate Their Chances thread right now.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
You have a crush on Snake, don't you Katty?:awesome:
Whatever makes you think that?
I've read some poor arguments against Snake lately. Silly haters and their silly ways.
"Silly Snake supporters, brawl is for kids!"
*Ignores massive competitive adult fan base*
I've said it before, just ignore them. Either they're right or we're right. If we're right I promise you will will go hopping all over the internet and say "Hahaha you were WRONG!" Until then just assume they're all idiotic jerk naysayers who will soon burn in the explosions of Snake's grenades.
MWHAHAHAHAHAHA
*Cute face*
Okay?

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I'd love to see Snake return.

I can imagine his trailer being like Sonic's Short Reveal, except we'll see Mario, Sonic, MegaMan and Pac-Man fighting before it. Snake comes out of his Box saying "Kept YOU waiting huh?"

It'd be ironic that he was the first 3rd Party Character announced ever in a Smash Bros game, and this could be his chance being the last.

Top Bottom