• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I dont understand, you said snakes moves are not cartoon violence so he does not fit in, but then go on and say ganandorf is not really cartoon violence either. Why does Ganondorf get an exception to fitting in? If Ganondorf's violence is different from the others, doesn't that mean he doesn't ''fit in'' either?
I clearly explained that, but since you didnt read:

Most characters are "cartoony" violence. Kirby, Game & Watch are good examples of these.

Then you have the bad guys who fight more serious...Ganondorf with dark magic and Bowser with breathing fire, its still cartoony in a sense but less silly.

Then you have Snake shooting people with real weapons and trying to rip their heads off.

There's a difference, but I don't think ppl in this thread can see it. No I have not played a MSG game, so? Point stands.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
This is so true. I was going to make that a point in my post, but forgot, but yeah, I totally agree that the people who think that he doesn't fit have never played a MGS game.
Why does this matter the whole vibe I get from you snake supporters is if you don't like snake you must not have played a metal gear game. I have and I still think snake does not fit in smash bros but my reasoning has nothing to do with the weapons he brings or how mature his games are. Hell Nintendo could add the main protagonist from eternal darkness and I would still say Snake does not fit in smash bros simply because ED is owned by Nintendo. I mean is it wrong to want Nintendo oriented characters in game that is about Nintendo characters fighting each other.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

Most characters are "cartoony" violence. Kirby, Game & Watch are good examples of these.

Then you have the bad guys who fight more serious...Ganondorf with dark magic and Bowser with breathing fire, its still cartoony in a sense but less silly.

Then you have Snake shooting people with real weapons and trying to rip their heads off.

There's a difference, but I don't think ppl in this thread can see it. No I have not played a MSG game, so? Point stands.
No I have not played a MSG game, so? Point stands.
Uuuuhhh. I'm sorry, what? You think your point still stands despite never playing the games? You actually think he's ripping off necks? Okayokayokayokay. If you're so against it, let's go back to one of the first things I told you: Then why does Snake have the move in Brawl? How come they didn't just do another move? And why would that be such a problem in Sm4sh? It happened once before. Sakurai's not just gonna be like "Guys, lets cut Snake because he has weapons and snaps necks, okay?"

tl;dr Your argument is that Snake uses weapons and snaps necks? How in the world does that affect him being in Smash 4 if those moves were already in Brawl? And even if it was that bad, they could change it. Simple as that.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

You still are saying they are different from the other characters. I don't see how breathing fire is cartoony, but I guess that's your opnion.

The nikita is not a real weapon and sheik also happens to have grenades too, motion sensor bombs are now an item in smash.
Is grabbing someone and punching them in the stomach/gut or being hit with a frying pan any less realistic than snapping necks? Is it more brutal than having your face crushed or being set on fire?

I kinda can see where your coming from. Snake fitting in is a topic that can be debated for a long time. Like billys_dad said it's matter of opinion. It really is adding a lot to this topic.

Why does this matter the whole vibe I get from you snake supporters is if you don't like snake you must not have played a metal gear game. I have and I still think snake does not fit in smash bros but my reasoning has nothing to do with the weapons he brings or how mature his games are. Hell Nintendo could add the main protagonist from eternal darkness and I would still say Snake does not fit in smash bros simply because ED is owned by Nintendo. I mean is it wrong to want Nintendo oriented characters in game that is about Nintendo characters fighting each other.
can you give us a reason why he does not fit?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Woah now, everyone might have to calm down before we make Snake fans look bad :4pacman: I personally think the only thing out of place Snake brings is the neck snapping, but its completely debatable between different people. Saying "he doesn't fit" as an (well explained) opinion is a whole different story from saying its a reason he won't return.
I am a Snake supporter, (though I haven't commented here for a week or two) but I can see where @ SmashBro99 SmashBro99 is coming from, though I don't feel like thats a reason against Snake. If anything, I think the fact that he's so different makes him even better for Smash, since it expands the field of characters.

You wouldn't see Bugs Bunny snap Daffy's neck, but you would see him hit him over the head with a hammer. Same with lasers, bats, slaps, and magic. Arguing that these would technically be more gory in real life is kinda dumb, because thats like arguing that they should make a Glock be a weapon because it would be less gory than the super hammer in real life. I don't know why I am against realistic guns in smash, but okay with Snake's neck snapping, but for some reason I am.

I also think that arguing over whether or not someone fits in the game is dumb. For some people, he fits, and for others, he doesn't, and no matter how many examples of how other things are technically more gory or violent, it's an opinion. Don't get me wrong, Snake is my most wanted character out of anyone, newcomers and veteran, but I can see why people think he doesn't fit.
+1. This post. Yes.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Snake uses realistic weapons in his fights and that's why he doesn't fit in Smash Bros. You made that clear. What's the big deal? Why is it so bad? Also, I haven't played a MGS game either. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I've never played a Metal Gear game outside of the Snake Eater 3D demo, but Snake was one of my favorite characters in Brawl not only for his playstyle, but also for the beautiful juxtaposition he brought.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
maybe if this debate gets more fire to it, we can reach 100 pages soon? :)

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
can you give us a reason why he does not fit?
I thought it was obvious anyway the reason I think snake does not fit is due to his association with Nintendo or rather lack of compared to say other third parties, I feel bomber man would be a better choice if konami were to have any representation, due to his association with Nintendo.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Since your going this far! Link, Meta Knight and all the FE characters have "Sharp" Swords. Ganondorth is clearly crushing peoples faces. Sheik throwing needles. PKMN Trainer making animals fight someone should get PEDA on the phone. What do you think about these character's actions should they be cut along with Snake?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I thought it was obvious anyway the reason I think snake does not fit is due to his association with Nintendo or rather lack of compared to say other third parties, I feel bomber man would be a better choice if konami were to have any representation, due to his association with Nintendo.
Snake has had 7 Nintendo Exclusives Metal Gear NES, Snake Revenge, Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D and two Wii Virtual Console Games, He's had enough Nintendo Exclusives Sony just got 2 Exclusives MGS1 and MGS4. Are you kidding me? How would Bomberman represent Konami Bomberman is Hudson Soft IP that Konami picked up!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Okay guys, we need to cool it, or were just going to have ourselves look like a bunch of ass hats. @ SmashBro99 SmashBro99 was just trying to explain his opinion, even if it is different from our own. We don't need attacking or disproving every point he makes. @ SmashBro99 SmashBro99 , we don't mean to come across as gaming extremists or anything like that, we just try and provide a counter argument when someone provides an argument.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Snake has had 7 Nintendo Exclusives Metal Gear NES, Snake Revenge, Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D and two Wii Virtual Console Games, He's had enough Nintendo Exclusives Sony just got 2 Exclusives MGS1 and MGS4. Are you kidding me? How would Bomberman represent Konami Bomberman is Hudson Soft IP that Konami picked up!
The NES game was ****ty port of the original Msx game Kojima went out his way to say he hates this game
Snake's revenge is a non canon game wasn't even made by Kojima
twin snakes is another Rehash of MSG1. Changes nothing from the original why would anyone who played the original go out of their way to play this game
as for MGSN3D you act as if Sony fans missed out on MGS3 they didn't the substence version even included the original MSX games
all these games pale in comparison to the amount of games bomber man has on Nintendo consoles
if not bomber man than simon belmont would be a better Representative of Konami's relationship with Nintendo

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
True, metal gear may be close with the playstation brand, but it is moving away from playstation to becoming more and multiplatform. He has games nintendo as well. Over 15 or more appearances on the console o.The only two cannon games that are exclusive are MGS4 and portable ops, but MGS 4 will be ported over to other consoles soon anyway.

Also Simon Belmont would be a great character too, ah konami has so many good characters.

Snake also has the iconic factor going for him.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
The NES game was ****ty port of the original Msx game Kojima went out his way to say he hates this game
twin snakes is another Rehash of MSG1. Changes nothing from the original why would anyone who played the original go out of their way to play this game
as for MGSN3D you act as if Sony fans missed out on MGS3 they didn't the substence version even included the original MSX games
all these games pale in comparison to the amount of games bomber man has on Nintendo consoles
if not bomber man than simon belmont would be a better Representative of Konami's relationship with Nintendo[/quote/
Right. Kojima hate's the NES games but there Metal Gear Game's and there Nintendo Exclusives. Twin Snake's is NOT one of them Crappy Remake's like you see nowadays Completely Remastered Cutscences, Gameplay, Graphics, Sound the list goes on. MGS3D another full remastered game with added in Crouch Walking, Completely remade textures, PhotoCamo, CQC from Peace Walker the list goes on. Why would Konami ant to replace their MASCOT with another character that would be like replacing Sonic with NiGHTS
Ignore this. a Mod can delete this if they want.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
if not bomber man than simon belmont would be a better Representative of Konami's relationship with Nintendo
Right. Kojima hate's the NES games but there Metal Gear Game's and there Nintendo Exclusives. Twin Snake's is NOT one of them Crappy Remake's like you see nowadays Completely Remastered Cutscences, Gameplay, Graphics, Sound the list goes on. MGS3D another full remastered game with added in Crouch Walking, Completely remade textures, PhotoCamo, CQC from Peace Walker the list goes on. Why would Konami ant to replace their MASCOT with another character that would be like replacing Sonic with NiGHTS

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Point is name a canon MGS game that Sony has missed out on it doesn't exist, I never said Konami would replace snake I am saying I think it would be better if they replaced him with a character that has more history with Nintendo for smash.. see the difference I am stating an opinion not a fact.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Point is name a canon MGS game that Sony has missed out on it doesn't exist, I never said Konami would replace snake I am saying I think it would be better if they replaced him with a character that has more history with Nintendo for smash.. see the difference I am stating an opinion not a fact.
I'e actually never heard of Bomberman. Who was he and Nintendo-exlusive games did he have?

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I'e actually never heard of Bomberman. Who was he and Nintendo-exlusive games did he have?
Since it's hard to judge sarcasm on the internet. I am going to assume you're being serious Bomberman is character originally created by Hudson soft now the character is owned by Konami as far exclusives go all his N64 games are exclusive to my knowledge.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
In the End. Snake and Sonic both were well received in Brawl and had games Outside of Nintendo like Snake had MGS4 on the horizon and Sonic was still recovering from that abomination that we call Sonic 06. At least Snake had games on a Nintendo platform before and wouldn't out of place that bad. That's what 3rd Parties are so unique for they have (Some) Games not on Nintendo Platforms. Well Guy's your dear ole Skyfox2000 was thinking about hitting the hay for the night I think it's good to work hard but no too hard:ness:. Ohh and btw @ Thebluecomet Thebluecomet your entitled to your own opinion. :ness:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Since it's hard to judge sarcasm on the internet. I am going to assume you're being serious Bomberman is character originally created by Hudson soft now the character is owned by Konami as far exclusives go all his N64 games are exclusive to my knowledge.
Don't worry I wasn't being sarcastic. Sarcasm is for people who are too weak to directly state what they mean. As for Konami rep, Snake fits better as he started as a Konami character. I'll go research Bomberman though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ganondorf still grabs people by the face, the fact it has a magic effect after doesnt nullify that and make it honky dory with the point your trying to make.
Why does the canon or a canon title exclusive matter at all to smash bros inclusion? Sakurai is not going to add points towards bomberman or another character for more nintendo games then snake, its just not gonna happen. And you are severely underplaying the games he has on nintendo systems, twin snakes is completely revamped in every way. Being in brawl already puts him far ahead in consideration, other then a general assumption people seem to somehow gather, where are we getting that they must represent nintendo in every way and have all their biggest titles on the system? The most sakurai ever said was that they had to have been in at least one nintendo game, and that he wont just add any character into the smash bros universe. Snake obviously was important enough for him to agree to kojima's request. Whether anyone believes he fit or not is just an opinion, but it is moot towards his inclusion this time, since he already made it into the series, and even some nintendo characters cant pull that off yet. While yes your not stating a fact, theres really no reason to believe any of what some say against him is what would actually be against him, its all conjecture at this point and until sakurai says why he would exclude him or what criteria exactly that he had for his third party choices.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
On "Snaps"

I can see where you are coming from with the whole "Neck Breaking Thing" In response to that, I never thought of it as a "Neck Snap" but more like the move he does prior to that in the games, the choking...and he even lays them down all nice like when he is done! Yes, choking can be seen as unfitting in this game as well, but I think the Beetle item functions similarly with how the choke did...with the opponent grasping and what not before they are lifted.

Snake is a stealth character, so I feel like that move is also justifiable in his moveset. When sneaking up behind someone, I see it as a pretty likely move. Snake's whole play style lends itself to the sneakiness..his knock away standard and Smashes to keep distance...then uses Sneaky or Ranged specials to finish the opponent off.

Bomberman:

I loved Bomberman64 and Bomberman Hero.
Would love him to have a new awesome game. That would make this argument invalid, and I would be ok with that. =)

The problem with Bomberman, to me, is that he is no longer a relevant character in gaming and that he hasn't really had any stellar games recently. When faced with an option of Snake and Bomberman as a Konami Rep, I think Snake would win out as he is currently a more successful and iconic character and it benefits both parties a bit more to promote each other in that way with his inclusion.

Bomberman franchise has sold 10 million games, where as the Metal Gear Franchise has sold 33 million games.

In bringing up the port games:

The MG port and Snake's Revenge on Nintendo actually enabled Kojima to continue the series with MG2 because of the good sales and the increased exposure of the game. Not sure Snake would even exist with out Nintendo releasing those games.

So, In conclusion, Konami and Snake should return the favor and help Nintendo sell more Wii Us and 3DS by having Snake Sneak into Battle.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I could have worded it better (obviously some people who think Snake doesn't fit in Smash have played in MGS game) but my point was that most people who think he doesn't fit think that way because they think he is from some gritty war game, which MGS never was. If you're saying Snake doesn't fit because he's third party, that's fine, though the third party characters have brought in movesets that would never have existed without them being in the game.

I believe the only one who's making themselves look bad is the person who decided to argue about Snake's inclusion on the Snake board :happysheep:
Well, this is the only place to discuss this type of thing, and its provided more discussion going on.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is the only place to discuss this type of thing, and its provided more discussion going on.
Yeah, I realized that after posting. But let's be honest here: The only people who are going to be in the discussion groups are the people who want the character to be in the game, or the trolls. I think such an argument should be placed in something like Rate their chances or some other type of thread dealing with Snake's chances. I hope I'm not coming off as rude, it's just when you fit the pieces together... well... it's really hard to take any non-supporters in this particular thread seriously, if you know what I'm saying.

EDIT: I'm not trying to start any arguments. I won't post until this whole matter is settled.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
On "Snaps"

I can see where you are coming from with the whole "Neck Breaking Thing" In response to that, I never thought of it as a "Neck Snap" but more like the move he does prior to that in the games, the choking...and he even lays them down all nice like when he is done! Yes, choking can be seen as unfitting in this game as well, but I think the Beetle item functions similarly with how the choke did...with the opponent grasping and what not before they are lifted.

Snake is a stealth character, so I feel like that move is also justifiable in his moveset. When sneaking up behind someone, I see it as a pretty likely move. Snake's whole play style lends itself to the sneakiness..his knock away standard and Smashes to keep distance...then uses Sneaky or Ranged specials to finish the opponent off.

Bomberman:

I loved Bomberman64 and Bomberman Hero.
Would love him to have a new awesome game. That would make this argument invalid, and I would be ok with that. =)

The problem with Bomberman, to me, is that he is no longer a relevant character in gaming and that he hasn't really had any stellar games recently. When faced with an option of Snake and Bomberman as a Konami Rep, I think Snake would win out as he is currently a more successful and iconic character and it benefits both parties a bit more to promote each other in that way with his inclusion.

Bomberman franchise has sold 10 million games, where as the Metal Gear Franchise has sold 33 million games.

In bringing up the port games:

The MG port and Snake's Revenge on Nintendo actually enabled Kojima to continue the series with MG2 because of the good sales and the increased exposure of the game. Not sure Snake would even exist with out Nintendo releasing those games.

So, In conclusion, Konami and Snake should return the favor and help Nintendo sell more Wii Us and 3DS by having Snake Sneak into Battle.
Let me add to that.
I have stated something like this before but between Snake and Bomberman at the end of the day it will come down to money. I'm sure Bomberman is a great character and has good games (I've never played it) but he woudn't win in a fight to death with Snake to see who would be included in Smash Bros. Metal Gear has sold millions and had made Konami, very, very rich. Not only that he's already been in the series once and has veteran status to push him along. Bomberman has made a 1/3 of what Metal Gear has made, and he's never even been in the game. In Konami would pick a rep they would pick their best seller and not the series that hasn't had a game in many years. There can only be one and it can only be Snake.
I would like to point out something about the entire 'violence' thing that's being going on. For cred I have my blue belt in karate and have been studying for almost two years in martial arts. Here's how it goes, you can snap someones neck and kill them... or you can do a spiral break on their arm. What's a spiral break you ask? A spiral break will shatter the bones in your forearm and possibly the wrist, it can even go so far as dislocate the shoulder. A lot of pain and if done properly than it could make your arm un-salvageable, you pretty much lose your arm. Arm or life? There are no tiers to violence, all violence and fighting will ruin someones day.
Let's take it a step further.
My main is Zelda. Pretty innocent. Her down throw is where she pretty much jumps on them and zaps them with lightning for a good two seconds than let's them fly off. It's pretty sweet. But what does lightning do to the body? Not good things and that much could stop the heart, no problems. Not only that she throws giant fireballs, and throws people into the sky with lightning enhanced kicks. You don't know how much damage a jump kick can do to someone. You don't know how easy it is to get a concussion. Human bodies are incredibly vulnerable and we have no idea how able we are to break them, how easy it is.
But of course it's smash you can't show bones breaking, character's hearts stopping from electricity, or people getting stabbed in the gut. You also can't someone getting blow up and their necks getting snapped. It's not real.
There are no tiers to violence and Snake is no more violent than any other character. At the end of the day they're still trying to beat the snot out of each other.
Snake isn't more violent, he's just more realistic. I don't find any problem with that.
Yeah, I realized that after posting. But let's be honest here: The only people who are going to be in the discussion groups are the people who want the character to be in the game, or the trolls. I think such an argument should be placed in something like Rate their chances or some other type of thread dealing with Snake's chances. I hope I'm not coming off as rude, it's just when you fit the pieces together... well... it's really hard to take any non-supporters in this particular thread seriously, if you know what I'm saying.
There are some points that we should discuss but I think the three some pages that we've been on this is about two pages too long. It does clear the air though.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Why does the canon or a canon title exclusive matter at all to smash bros inclusion? Sakurai is not going to add points towards bomberman or another character for more nintendo games then snake, its just not gonna happen. And you are severely underplaying the games he has on nintendo systems, twin snakes is completely revamped in every way. Being in brawl already puts him far ahead in consideration, other then a general assumption people seem to somehow gather, where are we getting that they must represent nintendo in every way and have all their biggest titles on the system? The most sakurai ever said was that they had to have been in at least one nintendo game, and that he wont just add any character into the smash bros universe. Snake obviously was important enough for him to agree to kojima's request. Whether anyone believes he fit or not is just an opinion, but it is moot towards his inclusion this time, since he already made it into the series, and even some nintendo characters cant pull that off yet. While yes your not stating a fact, theres really no reason to believe any of what some say against him is what would actually be against him, its all conjecture at this point and until sakurai says why he would exclude him or what criteria exactly that he had for his third party choices.
it seems like my argument flew over your head nowhere in my posts did I ever argue against snake's inclusion I simply stated my opinion on why I think he does not fit in smash bros.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
it seems like my argument flew over your head nowhere in my posts did I ever argue against snake's inclusion I simply stated my opinion on why I think he does not fit in smash bros.
The history with Nintendo isn't that valid, I mean F-Zero hasn't had a game in like... ten years? Yet Falcon is still in, that's because he has a huge history with smash bros.
Each third party company can only have one rep. If Nintendo went to Konami right now and asked what character do you want for this game, they will probably say Snake. MGS has made them more money than Bomberman, is a current series and he's already been in the game.
Saying he doesn't fit because he's too 'violent' is just plain silly as I pointed about above. His design is realistic, yes, but other than that the argument --to me at least-- is just ridiculous. I have been trained that violence is violence, there are no shades of gray. It will hurt people.
Of course I would rather lose an arm than my life. But I wouldn't claim myself morally superior because I broke someone's arm and didn't kill them instead.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The history with Nintendo isn't that valid, I mean F-Zero hasn't had a game in like... ten years? Yet Falcon is still in, that's because he has a huge history with smash bros.
Each third party company can only have one rep. If Nintendo went to Konami right now and asked what character do you want for this game, they will probably say Snake. MGS has made them more money than Bomberman, is a current series and he's already been in the game.
Saying he doesn't fit because he's too 'violent' is just plain silly as I pointed about above. His design is realistic, yes, but other than that the argument --to me at least-- is just ridiculous. I have been trained that violence is violence, there are no shades of gray. It will hurt people.
Of course I would rather lose an arm than my life. But I wouldn't claim myself morally superior because I broke someone's arm and didn't kill them instead.
You're right about violence is violence, but in a life-or-death situation, (In this scenario, I'm refering to a street fight and not a battlefield, where the circumstances are drastically different) I'd rather permanently break someone's arm if it meant they'd stop fighting rather than kill them. Both are still extremely unfortunate outcomes, but at least both combatants escape with their life.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
F-zero Is a Nintendo owned IP so falcon definitely has place to stay in smash anyway I don't see how that is relevant to snake's situation at all. Second I would implore you to read my posts I never once brought up Violence as the reason the snake does not fit in Smash

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just gonna say metal gear has more games on nintendo consoles than mother :p

I wish kojima would give us more metal gear games, nintendo fans like metal gear too..

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Oh DreamMix TV, why didn't you come over here? Bomberman vs Snake vs Optimus Prime would have sold thousands.
what rating did dreamtv get?
E10 or something?
If we could find out maybe we could officially kill "snake can't be in a game rated e10."

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
what rating did dreamtv get?
E10 or something?
If we could find out maybe we could officially kill "snake can't be in a game rated e10."
The game was rated "CERO: A" Meaning for all ages. So in ESRB terms, it'd most likely be rated E. RUMOR DEBUNKED XD

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
F-zero Is a Nintendo owned IP so falcon definitely has place to stay in smash anyway I don't see how that is relevant to snake's situation at all. Second I would implore you to read my posts I never once brought up Violence as the reason the snake does not fit in Smash
Snake has more games on Nintendo Platforms than Pikmin, F-Zero, Star Fox etc. etc. This is a thread for Snake supporters. Since you Support other Konami characters go to there thread!!!

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
You're right about violence is violence, but in a life-or-death situation, (In this scenario, I'm refering to a street fight and not a battlefield, where the circumstances are drastically different) I'd rather permanently break someone's arm if it meant they'd stop fighting rather than kill them. Both are still extremely unfortunate outcomes, but at least both combatants escape with their life.
Oh yeah, I would rather not partake at all. That philosophy is there to make sure I understand that I shouldn't seek fights and doing all that I can to avoid them is morally correct. If I do get in a fight than I followed a different ideology of "No faith, no mercy". For example if someone attacks me barehanded, like a shove, and I defend in whatever way. I made it clear that I can defend myself effectively. If they attack again they have not shown faith I show them no mercy. If they're armed I'll cut to the chase and break bones. If they're armed I assume they're trying to kill me and I'll repay in kind by killing them if they struggle. My life before theirs.
That's actually what I like about Metal Gear, where you can chose not to kill people and violence is treated as a very bad thing.
Not your argument, but others were talking about violence, I addressed yours in a different post. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Snake has more games on Nintendo Platforms than Pikmin, F-Zero, Star Fox etc. etc. This is a thread for Snake supporters. Since you Support other Konami characters go to there thread!!!
Beautiful point.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You clearly stated that it would be better to replace him IYO, how is that not connected to his inclusion in the last game and possibly this game? I get that its your opinion on it, but then why did you ask us to present you with a canon metal gear games for nintendo? Theres really no point to that in itself, since if its not connected like you say then it doesnt matter if we presented you with them or not because we dont need to prove that he has games for nintendo since your criteria on why he doesnt fit or should be replaced is your own. Theres no reason to argue any further since you are entitled to your opinion, as long as we arent trying to put forth things involving his inclusion as a matter of fact.

Top Bottom