• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd The reason I'm so confident in Snake's reveal after Ike's confirmation is because the top 5 character people thought were going to get cut were Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, Lucas, and Snake. With 3 out of those 5 being confirmed, it makes me believe that the entire Brawl Roster is coming back for SSB4, bar Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Great point. The only problem Snake has is legal and we've already agreed that legal is not going to be an issue. Now it's only a question of when.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I really don't think Snake's being shown Monday. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Looks like we're getting Shulk, and if we're lucky we may get a no duh veteran like Wario or Meta Knight, but I can almost guarantee Snake's not showing up. I'm still holding out hope that he's in the game, but I think the August Direct is a much more likely reveal time. If he doesn't show up then though, he's probably not showing up at all.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Let's just say they are way more entertaining.
I loved them myself.
But allot of people didn't.

I liked twin snakes, I have not played the original but I thought twin snakes was a great game. It got me prepped for sons of liberty due to the mechanics being the same,

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I really don't think Snake's being shown Monday. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Looks like we're getting Shulk, and if we're lucky we may get a no duh veteran like Wario or Meta Knight, but I can almost guarantee Snake's not showing up. I'm still holding out hope that he's in the game, but I think the August Direct is a much more likely reveal time. If he doesn't show up then though, he's probably not showing up at all.
We can only hope right?
And tweet the f*** out of Sakurai.

I liked twin snakes, I have not played the original but I thought twin snakes was a great game. It got me prepped for sons of liberty due to the mechanics being the same,
It's pretty crazy when you consider the original game, a little over the top but I still enjoyed it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
We could very well get A Veteran and Newcomer Monday. This Character Revel is 3:00mins long all the other character revels are a 1:00 to 1:50 long the longest being Greninja/Charizard. What do you think? Do you think im on to something?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
We could very well get A Veteran and Newcomer Monday. This Character Revel is 3:00mins long all the other character revels are a 1:00 to 1:50 long the longest being Greninja/Charizard. What do you think? Do you think im on to something?
Palutena's trailer was 3 minutes...
There is a chance though. Maybe.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

palutena's reveal is 3 mins, though I hope they hint to a veteran or another newcomer, like maybe have a cardboard box somewhere in that trailer ;)

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Now that I think of it, would Xenoblade script guy retweeting really mean anything? There's the possibility he know's Shulk is joining, and just retweeted since he's hoping its a Shulk reveal.
So it could be the other 2, and still could very well be Snake. I mean, it would make sense for a special trailer since he's third party.
Though I want it to be the Chorus Kids. So I can see the Smash Boards blow up.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

palutena's reveal is 3 mins, though I hope they hint to a veteran or another newcomer, like maybe have a cardboard box somewhere in that trailer ;)
Haha, can you imagine just seeing a cardboard box somewhere in the background of the trailer, nothing is said about it and nothing is done. It's just there. Than in a pic of the day maybe a week later there's a picture of Snake coming out from under his box saying "Kept you waiting huh?"
Now that I think of it, would Xenoblade script guy retweeting really mean anything? There's the possibility he know's Shulk is joining, and just retweeted since he's hoping its a Shulk reveal.
So it could be the other 2, and still could very well be Snake. I mean, it would make sense for a special trailer since he's third party.
Though I want it to be the Chorus Kids. So I can see the Smash Boards blow up.
I want it to be another WTF character just so I can laugh at those expecting Shulk or someone like that. I don't like character I expected, I like the ones that I don't.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
It's definitely possible we could get snake somewhere in those 3 minutes, but I'm gonna be cautious in hoping for anything at all. There's always the chance the rest of that time could be sakurai giving a small walk through of that new character as well.

Here's hoping at least

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It's definitely possible we could get snake somewhere in those 3 minutes, but I'm gonna be cautious in hoping for anything at all. There's always the chance the rest of that time could be sakurai giving a small walk through of that new character as well.

Here's hoping at least
A lot can happen in three minutes.
You know what?
I'm just going to assume Snake's not in the game.
Than when he is confirmed.
I can:

And:

Just for example.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Suddenly, I picture Snake meeting Greninja..."You're that ninja!"

Anyway...keeping my fingers crossed for a #MetalGearMonday.
Robot Ninjas, only in Metal Gear will you have Robot Ninjas put seriously besides philosophical waxing of the horrors of war. And giant mooing robots.
F***ing #MetalGearMonday all the way man!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Ok Guys! I know we moved onto a new topic. But I want to go back to the interview for a brief moment. Kojima said he wasn't working on the game and he doesn't know. His body language say different If I (Kojima) knew my beloved creation wasn't going to be in the Best Fighting Game of this Generation and wasn't even asked by my Close Friend (Sakurai) I would be really upset even thoe he was in the last game and was just ignored by my friend (Sakurai) and I would not start laughing and giggling about like a mad man! I know for sure he's been approached by Sakurai.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ok Guys! I know we moved onto a new topic. But I want to go back to the interview for a brief moment. Kojima said he wasn't working on the game and he doesn't know. His body language say different If I (Kojima) knew my beloved creation wasn't going to be in the Best Fighting Game of this Generation and wasn't even asked by my Close Friend (Sakurai) I would be really upset even thoe he was in the last game and was just ignored by my friend (Sakurai) and I would not start laughing and giggling about like a mad man! I know for sure he's been approached by Sakurai.
Yeah if he wasn't in, I wouldn't be laughing that much when I was asked,I'd just say it calmly,maybe show a little sadness.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Uuh... hate to break it to you guys, but I'm almost 100% sure that Shulk's getting announced Monday ._.

KazuhiraFiddle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sr.LightningBolt
There was a previous post that had this listed as a reason for Snake's inclusion
"Namco worker who worked on SSB4 is asked if Snake is back. His exact response is "Um..we have not announced um...Solid Snake yet."
now, i seem to remember this, but does anyone have a source? i can't find it anywhere :(

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
There was a previous post that had this listed as a reason for Snake's inclusion
"Namco worker who worked on SSB4 is asked if Snake is back. His exact response is "Um..we have not announced um...Solid Snake yet."
now, i seem to remember this, but does anyone have a source? i can't find it anywhere :(
Right here:

Skip to around 6:45.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
The stream is supposed to be for a newcomer

IF it is a snake reveal its either of the two:

Newcomer focus with Vet announcement, like Charizard but the opposite order to keep upping the ante...only Veterean character that could do that is Snake. Xeno..gear. Metal...Gear?,

Big Boss reveal and him taking Solids spot.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So how did the twitter thing go?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Right here:

Skip to around 6:45.
Is this guy in enough to know that they actually have Solid Snake in development? Cause I could easily say "oh, Solid Snake has not been announced yet" too, that doesn't mean I know he will be announced. This could be a throw away line, a slip of the tongue on a big secret or a purposefully done leak. I'm hoping he knows this for sure and screwed up big time, than we could confirm Snake and the question be "when?"
The stream is supposed to be for a newcomer

IF it is a snake reveal its either of the two:

Newcomer focus with Vet announcement, like Charizard but the opposite order to keep upping the ante...only Veterean character that could do that is Snake. Xeno..gear. Metal...Gear?,

Big Boss reveal and him taking Solids spot.
I would think that the series would have something to do with each other, like you know, Charizard and Greninja. Done xenogear have anything to do with Metal Gear? If he's not revealed in the potd than he'd be in the trailer if he was revealed Monday.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
They was just 4 people tweeting Me, @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss . Im gonna talk it over with @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones about creating a Petition for Snake.
I can go unearth my incredibly old twitter and help you guys if you want.
Also, and I'm going to quote myself on this...
Is this guy in enough to know that they actually have Solid Snake in development? Cause I could easily say "oh, Solid Snake has not been announced yet" too, that doesn't mean I know he will be announced. This could be a throw away line, a slip of the tongue on a big secret or a purposefully done leak. I'm hoping he knows this for sure and screwed up big time, than we could confirm Snake and the question be "when?"
Does anyone know the answer to this? Like who the namco worker that said it is? I'm going to start doing my own research here in a sec but if someone already knows the answer it would save me the time.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I can go unearth my incredibly old twitter and help you guys if you want.
Also, and I'm going to quote myself on this...

Does anyone know the answer to this? Like who the namco worker that said it is? I'm going to start doing my own research here in a sec but if someone already knows the answer it would save me the time.
He seems to know alot about the game because of the questions he answered, so its safe to say he would know.
There is the chance he didn't want to be the guy who say's "No", but Kojima and him didn't give an exact no, so I think they may be hiding something.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You can take the Namco Worker Answer to different ways. first off the I didn't like the interviewer he thought the game was Brawl and even asked was Donkey Kong in the game. Back to the Question "um... no have not announced Solid Snake at this time" it sounded like to me he was going to confirm his status in the game (Confirmed or Deconfirmed) but didn't I suppose he was told by Sakurai and Nintendo if anyone ask about Un-Confirmed characters simply say have not announced them at this time. 2nd Way you can this is that this guy has No idea who Solid Snake was unless Namco's got him living under a Cardboard Box all his life he know who Snake is. Take what the Namco Worker said with a Grain of Salt.
(Second theory is (probably) wrong!)

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
You can take the Namco Worker Answer to different ways. first off the I didn't like the interviewer he thought the game was Brawl and even asked was Donkey Kong in the game. Back to the Question "um... no have not announced Solid Snake at this time" it sounded like to me he was going to confirm his status in the game (Confirmed or Deconfirmed) but didn't I suppose he was told by Sakurai and Nintendo if anyone ask about Un-Confirmed characters simply say have not announced them at this time. 2nd Way you can this is that this guy has No idea who Solid Snake was unless Namco's got him living under a Cardboard Box all his life he know who Snake is. Take what the Namco Worker said with a Grain of Salt.
(Second theory is (probably) wrong!)
I really don't know.
I listened to it for a few times he said "We have not announced Solid Snake yet" and then talked as if he didn't know if they were. I'm thinking about disregarding it because it was so vague and weird.
Anyway...
Just undusted my old twitter account (*coughs from dust*), I'll be heading over to the group soon and see what I can do to help.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really don't know.
I listened to it for a few times he said "We have not announced Solid Snake yet" and then talked as if he didn't know if they were. I'm thinking about disregarding it because it was so vague and weird.
Anyway...
Just undusted my old twitter account (*coughs from dust*), I'll be heading over to the group soon and see what I can do to help.
Yeah I was tweeting also I even went so far as to tweet Hayter but he didn't message back.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'll join the Twitter campaign if he doesn't appear in the August direct. Here's hoping he's back.

I also need to go back to beating my hard mod no kill MGS3 run, but EVO and World Cup and all that.

Top Bottom