• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm scared to get my hopes up but you guys all have very convincing arguments! I'm really glad I found this forum because otherwise I'd just been sitting at home chewing on my fingernails.
I just can't wait for when he's announced, mostly to see all the cool stuff he'd be doing but all the ones where he looks like complete dork. Because don't all the characters have those?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is all reassuring. I mean there's still possible legal issues, but at least Sakurai probably wouldn't cut Snake without a fight.
The licensing wouldn't be much of an issue at this point as Nintendo is still producing new copies of Brawl.
Meaning that the licensing used for Snake is still up or has recently been Renewed.
I'm scared to get my hopes up but you guys all have very convincing arguments! I'm really glad I found this forum because otherwise I'd just been sitting at home chewing on my fingernails.
I just can't wait for when he's announced, mostly to see all the cool stuff he'd be doing but all the ones where he looks like complete dork. Because don't all the characters have those?
The thing about Snake is that he's the only character right now who is totally and completely up in the air.
Every other Veteran is a total shoe in they all have interesting movesets and are likeable enough to be in.
Same goes for Snake but the fact that he is 3rd party makes a lot of people doubtful about his return.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This thread has more pages than Smash 4 has characters :troll:
Just being a pessimist don't mind me...

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The licensing wouldn't be much of an issue at this point as Nintendo is still producing new copies of Brawl.
Meaning that the licensing used for Snake is still up or has recently been Renewed.

The thing about Snake is that he's the only character right now who is totally and completely up in the air.
Every other Veteran is a total shoe in they all have interesting movesets and are likeable enough to be in.
Same goes for Snake but the fact that he is 3rd party makes a lot of people doubtful about his return.
Someone shoot Snake down and return him to playability, poor guy's been stuck up there for a while now.
Yeah we are at 50 pages! woohoo
This thread has more pages than Smash 4 has characters :troll:
Just being a pessimist don't mind me...
Fifty is such a round number, we should celebrate 52.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So...I don't want to be that guy, but there's a Nintendo Direct dedicated to third party tomorrow.
If tonight's PotD turns out to not be a veteran reveal, do you think...
No. Sorry for bringing it up. I feel bad now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So...I don't want to be that guy, but there's a Nintendo Direct dedicated to third party tomorrow.
Link for that announcement?
But if Konami's getting a Direct then we should expect him in the Direct not in the POD before the Direct...
That'd be bad marketing.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Is there really a direct tomorrow? I did not know this.
But if Konami's getting a Direct then we should expect him in the Direct not in the POD before the Direct...
That'd be bad marketing.
What exactly is a POD, I don't recognize the acronym and I'm feeling a little confused.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is there really a direct tomorrow? I did not know this.

What exactly is a POD, I don't recognize the acronym and I'm feeling a little confused.
Pic of Day I should have used PotD but oh well.
Also it's a Japanese only Direct as far as I can tell so probably nothing Smash related to be shown.
If it was an International Direct we would definitely see something.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Pic of Day I should have used PotD but oh well.
Also it's a Japanese only Direct as far as I can tell so probably nothing Smash related to be shown.
If it was an International Direct we would definitely see something.
Pic of the Day
Ahhh, gotcha! I've never heard the word before. So you know.
It would still be a good idea to watch the direct because we had predicted a Snake reveal this week due to the MGS anniversary.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
That'd be bad marketing.
Right here:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/nintendo_direct_confirmed_for_japan_on_11th_july

and I meant I don't think he'll show a veteran tonight if Snake will get revealed in this Direct. He normally leaves us with a random picture, or in some cases, a "Don't miss today's Nintendo Direct" hint.Wouldn't hype it up too much, but then again everyone hypes up Nintendo Directs and Friday PotD's anyway.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Right here:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/nintendo_direct_confirmed_for_japan_on_11th_july

and I meant I don't think he'll show a veteran tonight if Snake will get revealed in this Direct. He normally leaves us with a random picture, or in some cases, a "Don't miss today's Nintendo Direct" hint.Wouldn't hype it up too much, but then again everyone hypes up Nintendo Directs and Friday PotD's anyway.
It's intended for the 3DS and will focus on 3rd party games, this'll be a good sign of Konami's and Nintendo's relationship. Because it's not just about Metal Gear, it's about how Konami feels about Nintendo and vice versa.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's 3ds only,maybe the could be something about snake eater or konami is willing to give 3ds a second chance with a metal gear game due to install base increase. But I have my doubts.

Has a character ever been revealed in japan first?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It's 3ds only,maybe the could be something about snake eater or konami is willing to give 3ds a second chance with a metal gear game due to install base increase. But I have my doubts.

Has a character ever been revealed in japan first?
Marth maybe? I don't know. Smash 4 is my first smash bros game that I've tracked actively before release.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm for sure Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D will be in that direct tomorrow. Because they still haven't brought Digital version of MGS3D to NA or JP just Europe!

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm for sure Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D will be in that direct tomorrow. Because they still haven't brought Digital version of MGS3D to NA or JP just Europe!
If there is any mention of Metal Gear in that direct than we can count the odds of Snake getting announced increasing ten fold.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Making my mark on the 50th page

Anyway, so doing a no-kill hard mode run on MGS3 and managed to beat The Fury with no kills. Progress!

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Making my mark on the 50th page

Anyway, so doing a no-kill hard mode run on MGS3 and managed to beat The Fury with no kills. Progress!
What's impossible is to get the End, I have yet to non-lethally kill him, but I've gotten everyone else I believe.
So now we have two directs that could reveal Snake. Nice.
Double the chances!
Although I have to ask, real quick, is that my quote in your signature? I don't mind I'm just wondering....

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Man, we can only hope...

What's the first one?
the one in august i think, but this one is coming before that.
A direct in august is just speculation, but for sure I think they will have one.

Last edited:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Hmm. What are the chances that Snake is revealed in a Third party direct...hmmm...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What's impossible is to get the End, I have yet to non-lethally kill him, but I've gotten everyone else I believe.
It's easy to find him and he's really prone to stun grenades. Cig sprays helps to knock him down again. Two stamina bars guaranteed with this.

The Fury was the easiest so far thankes to Mosin Nagant (The End's weapon). I only got hit once lol

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Double the chances!
Although I have to ask, real quick, is that my quote in your signature? I don't mind I'm just wondering....
Yep. I laughed my *** off when I read. You happen to say really funny stuff. As much I would like too, I can't put everything you say into my signature.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The real question should be: why is it Japan exclusive?
some of the games on it are japan-only. Like Dragon Quest X for 3ds, which was confirmed to be shown in the direct. There is no point in showing the direct in the west if some of the games to be shown probably wont come here. That's what I think.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
some of the games on it are japan-only. Like Dragon Quest X for 3ds, which was confirmed to be shown in the direct. There is no point in showing the direct in the west if some of the games to be shown probably wont come here. That's what I think.
Wait, seriously? I thought Dragon Quest had all their games selling like wildfire...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wait, seriously? I thought Dragon Quest had all their games selling like wildfire...
yeah they sell good but have not brought DQX to the west. They did not bring the wii u version and pc version so they probably won't bring the 3ds one either.

They didn't air the direct in the west with MH4 in it. (But MH4U is coming to west.)

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Yep. I laughed my *** off when I read. You happen to say really funny stuff. As much I would like too, I can't put everything you say into my signature.
*blushes* T-thank you! That's really nice, I don't think of myself as that funny though. I was just wondering about it.

I have a question, will the direct be in Japanese or will there be a possibility of finding an English translation? If it's in Japanese than I am SOL, as much as I'd like to I don't really speak Japanese.
Also, I've been listening to the Japanese version of Metal Gear, whoever has voices Japanese!Snake has incredibly deep voice. Like for real.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So yeah, I started my first metal gear game today, The Twin Snakes. The overall story has already been mostly spoiled for me awhile ago, but so far the game is really good. That Revolver Ocelot boss fight was pretty awesome and intense. I'm a big fan of spaghetti western movies and I've actually fired the gun Ocelot uses, The colt single Action Army "the greatest handgun ever made". I still haven't played all that much, but I can tell I really like the Metal Gear series already.

Now more than ever I hope Snake is in SSB4. He is just such a cool character. way better than sonic or pac-man in my opinion.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
*blushes* T-thank you! That's really nice, I don't think of myself as that funny though. I was just wondering about it.

I have a question, will the direct be in Japanese or will there be a possibility of finding an English translation? If it's in Japanese than I am SOL, as much as I'd like to I don't really speak Japanese.
Also, I've been listening to the Japanese version of Metal Gear, whoever has voices Japanese!Snake has incredibly deep voice. Like for real.
It probably wont have a translation

And yeah snakes japanese actor Akio Otsuka is pretty gruff as well, he has quite the background in voice acting too, with other roles such as black beard from one piece and more. His father Chikao Otsuka is also a renowned voice actor, and also voiced dr eggman, thus snakes distaste for sonic in the brawl codec.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
So yeah, I started my first metal gear game today, The Twin Snakes. The overall story has already been mostly spoiled for me awhile ago, but so far the game is really good. That Revolver Ocelot boss fight was pretty awesome and intense. I'm a big fan of spaghetti western movies and I've actually fired the gun Ocelot uses, The colt single Action Army "the greatest handgun ever made". I still haven't played all that much, but I can tell I really like the Metal Gear series already.

Now more than ever I hope Snake is in SSB4. He is just such a cool character. way better than sonic or pac-man in my opinion.
Congratulations! Welcome to the fandom!
You can now never leave. You're stuck here. Forever.
Before long you'll want to cosplay Metal Gear, don't worry this is normal, you'll also probably own most if not all the games or will want to if finances don't allow. This is also normal. Before long you will feel a complete emotional attachment to all the characters in this game any reminder of their tragic stories will make you cry. It's okay, just go with it. Don't fight it. Feel all the feels.
Sincerely, a completely obsessed Metal Gear Chick.
It probably wont have a translation

And yeah snakes japanese actor Akio Otsuka is pretty gruff as well, he has quite the background in voice acting too, with other roles such as black beard from one piece and more. His father Chikao Otsuka is also a renowned voice actor, and also voiced dr eggman, thus snakes distaste for sonic in the brawl codec.
Darn. I'll just have to ride out the after shakes.
Akio Otsuka... that's one bada** name. A bada** name for a a bada** character!
Both the Japanese and the English voices for Snake are incredibly sexy, am I the only one who thinks that?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Before long you'll want to cosplay Metal Gear, don't worry this is normal, you'll also probably own most if not all the games or will want to if finances don't allow. This is also normal. Before long you will feel a complete emotional attachment to all the characters in this game any reminder of their tragic stories will make you cry. It's okay, just go with it. Don't fight it. Feel all the feels.
See, this is the stuff that makes me rofl. About the Japanese VA's for the Snakes, doesn't Akio's father voice Big Boss?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Darn. I'll just have to ride out the after shakes.
Akio Otsuka... that's one bada** name. A bada** name for a a bada** character!
Both the Japanese and the English voices for Snake are incredibly sexy, am I the only one who thinks that?
Well I'm a dude but yes Hayter has a "sexy" voice.
Well I'd call it "Comically Badass".
@ King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo The Twin Snakes is my personal favorite even if it is just because of the over the top interpretation of the original Metal Gear Solid's story.
I mean the twin snakes cut scenes were the best everyone has got to agree with me.:troll:

Top Bottom