• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Well I'm a dude but yes Hayter has a "sexy" voice.
Well I'd call it "Comically Badass".
@ King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo The Twin Snakes is my personal favorite even if it is just because of the over the top interpretation of the original Metal Gear Solid's story.
I mean the twin snakes cut scenes were the best everyone has got to agree with me.:troll:
Well I haven't got to play the original version, what's so different about the cut scenes from the original and The Twin Snakes?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well I haven't got to play the original version, what's so different about the cut scenes from the original and The Twin Snakes?
Let's just say they are way more entertaining.
I loved them myself.
But allot of people didn't.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Let's just say they are way more entertaining.
I loved them myself.
But allot of people didn't.
Oh, was it all those parts with slow motion acrobatics stuff? I liked them The slow motion parts with Grey fox were really cool.
I just beat Psycho Mantis, That was insane and one of best the boss fight I have ever played. I love the little Nintendo references I've found, such as the zoom in on the Mario and Yoshi statue in that one cut scene with Otacon. Also who would of guessed Snake is a Melee fan. That Psycho mantis line just make me want Snake in Smash even more.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, was it all those parts with slow motion acrobatics stuff? I liked them The slow motion parts with Grey fox were really cool.
I just beat Psycho Mantis, That was insane and one of best the boss fight I have ever played. I love the little Nintendo references I've found, such as the zoom in on the Mario and Yoshi statue in that one cut scene with Otacon. Also who would of guessed Snake is a Melee fan. That Psycho mantis line just make me want Snake in Smash even more.
Yeah that's the parts and yes psycho mantis is one of the coolest boss characters especially how he reads your memory card.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
And today's PotD...is disappointing. I mean, everyone was expecting a character reveal(as usual), so this one was a bit of a slap to the face to most(though I am happy Taiko gets in Pac-Mans taunt).
So maybe Snake has a good chance at a reveal, and that PotD being a "fake" one. Some people think something might happen at EVO, but all my money is right here.

Here's a link to the Direct stream, I think its in about 3 hours...I think:
http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...publisher-games-live-stream-blog-japan-71114/

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And today's PotD...is disappointing. I mean, everyone was expecting a character reveal(as usual), so this one was a bit of a slap to the face to most(though I am happy Taiko gets in Pac-Mans taunt).
So maybe Snake has a good chance at a reveal, and that PotD being a "fake" one. Some people think something might happen at EVO, but all my money is right here.

Here's a link to the Direct stream, I think its in about 3 hours...I think:
http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...publisher-games-live-stream-blog-japan-71114/
I agree what a let down...
I'm getting really sick of seeing nothing but Mii's and Pacman. *sigh

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Especially on Overhype Friday :p
Really, really hoping to hear "Matase Dana?"(Er...Kept you waiting, huh?) in this Direct. Would be really disappointing if nothing happens today.
I'm not getting my hopes up.
But god that would be amazing if it actually happened.
I'd probably die of a heart attack.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Here's hoping for a Snake reveal in the Direct. I think it's looking better for him now because of the filler PotD.

But then again you never know, Sakurai could also throw us a curve ball with somebody we never thought of.

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping for a Snake reveal in the Direct. I think it's looking better for him now because of the filler PotD.

But then again you never know, Sakurai could also throw us a curve ball with somebody we never thought of.
Confirming that Pac can't summon Dig Dug is not filler; it's a buzzkill.

This Japan exclusive Nintendo Direct started.
Don't worry; nothing Smash related will be revealed

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Snake confirmed!

Nah not really, was fun to speculate though.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Bleh, no Snake.
POTd wasn't as... interesting as I hoped. We've been seeing a lot of pacman lately haven't we? I know they're the newcomers but give us a little more!
Maybe there'll be a surprise sometime in the next few days?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I have just heard that a newcomer will be revealed on Monday.

I don't know if this is a good thing in terms of Snake or bad as in have-to-wait-longer for reveal.
Personally I kind of want a veteran.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I have just heard that a newcomer will be revealed on Monday.

I don't know if this is a good thing in terms of Snake or bad as in have-to-wait-longer for reveal.
Personally I kind of want a veteran.
I hope he revels a Veteran too? Fingers Crossed for Shulk!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's hoping that the comment about "nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos" doesn't also apply to new challengers; I'm hoping there's more newcomers than that.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Here's hoping that the comment about "nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos" doesn't also apply to new challengers; I'm hoping there's more newcomers than that.
According to Getmatsu theres more

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Gematsu has three outstanding New Comer reveals.
"nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos" doesn't mean there is only one left, the three makes sense.

They are live streaming this, specifically, which means it could be big and something unexpected.
Don't see Chrom getting that much attention if he is in. Chorus men and Shulk would deserve their own stream because they are a new franchise entirely.

OR

We could see Big Boss..
Technically, He would be a "New Comer" because he is not Solid.
Remember, There can be only one snake and one big boss ;)

I could be reaching, but I would gauge the likelyhood on this on the MK information revealed at EVO.
We know Boon has teased a reveal..and Keifer said he was in Mortal Kombat, yet that has never been announced or showcased. I would imagine if you had a big name attached to your title you would reveal it when you revealed the game. Also, Mortal Kombat has never had any big names attached to it so that makes it more of a reason to be announced when the game was.

I chalk it up to Keifer knowing he was in a fighting game, but not knowing which specific one...
Like our PSASBR Pal.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
According to Getmatsu theres more
I'm aware of that, but honestly, if the Gematsu roster was all we got, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with it; Shulk's a good choice, but there doesn't seem to be anything differentiating Chrom from the other Fire Emblem representatives (he uses Marth's weapon and Ike's main ability - so original), and if singing children take priority over Brawl veterans (especially Snake, who's one of the most unique Smash Bros. characters), major characters like Ridley or a new Donkey Kong character, and possibly Mewtwo, I'll be either furious or frustrated.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
"nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos" doesn't mean there is only one left, the three makes sense.

They are live streaming this, specifically, which means it could be big and something unexpected.
Don't see Chrom getting that much attention if he is in. Chorus men and Shulk would deserve their own stream because they are a new franchise entirely.

OR

We could see Big Boss..

I could be reaching, but I would gauge the likelyhood on this on the MK information revealed at EVO.
We know Boon has teased a reveal..and Keifer said he was in Mortal Kombat, yet that has never been announced or showcased. I would imagine if you had a big name attached to your title you would reveal it when you revealed the game. Also, Mortal Kombat has never had any big names attached to it so that makes it more of a reason to be announced when the game was.

I chalk it up to Keifer knowing he was in a fighting game, but not knowing which specific one...
Like our PSASBR Pal.
I love you and your theories! Let's hope it's true, fingers crossed for a BB or Solid Snake. I'll take and love either.
I'm aware of that, but honestly, if the Gematsu roster was all we got, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with it; Shulk's a good choice, but there doesn't seem to be anything differentiating Chrom from the other Fire Emblem representatives (he uses Marth's weapon and Ike's main ability - so original), and if singing children take priority over Brawl veterans (especially Snake, who's one of the most unique Smash Bros. characters), major characters like Ridley or a new Donkey Kong character, and possibly Mewtwo, I'll be either furious or frustrated.
Remember, Gematsu didn't predict Rosalina, I bet Sakurai has a lot more up his sleeve than Gematsu can predict and a lot more than what will be revealed before release.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

OR

We could see Big Boss..

Like our PSASBR Pal.
I don't see Sakurai replacing Solid Snake with Big Boss. just make BB an Alt.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Now the boards explode with news of the newcomer, get with the program people, I posted it like... four hours ago?
Anyway, what do you think the chances of a veteran being revealed to supplement the newcomer? More specifically, what do you think the chances are that Snake will be revealed?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Now the boards explode with news of the newcomer, get with the program people, I posted it like... four hours ago?
Anyway, what do you think the chances of a veteran being revealed to supplement the newcomer? More specifically, what do you think the chances are that Snake will be revealed?
I think it opens the doors for Snake to be revealed on a Direct, actually. While the rest of the newcomers get revealed this way?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think it opens the doors for Snake to be revealed on a Direct, actually. While the rest of the newcomers get revealed this way?
That August direct is a good possibility.
I'm not particularly interested in any newcomers but I do want to see some veterans like MK, Snake or Wolf. See these three plus Zelda are me and my friends mains for the most part who haven't been confirmed, so it's kind of important to us.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I am confident that he will be revealed in the next direct.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This whole thing makes me pretty optimistic about Snake's chances now. Am I the only one?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I was not expecting this..
Well, Snake could be considered a "New Challenger" if its Big Boss, or he could have just meant a new challenger in the game. I love pretty every Brawl vet and rumored newcomer(<--), so I'll be fine with whoever it is.
..Though I will not hype up for Snake due to the fact one of Xenoblade's script writers retweeted the announcement, which makes me think it might be Shulk.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm feeling a little better about Snake after hearing this, I've been down in the dumps of sorrow due to this morning's disappointing POTd. I am now back to where I was and flying high, here's hoping for Snake in the next few days or in August.
XP

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm feeling a little better about Snake after hearing this, I've been down in the dumps of sorrow due to this morning's disappointing POTd. I am now back to where I was and flying high, here's hoping for Snake in the next few days or in August.
XP
I think it'll be Shulk or someone we don't know about Ridley,Takamaru, etc.
And then at the end of the presentation we hear kept you waiting huh? And out comes Snake from underneath his box.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think it'll be Shulk or someone we don't know about Ridley,Takamaru, etc.
And then at the end of the presentation we hear kept you waiting huh? And out comes Snake from underneath his box.
Than I will scream so loud that all of you will hear me and you'll go "yep, that was Katty, Snake's been confirmed."
I was confident in Snake's reveal ever since Ike was confirmed.
How so?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That would kinda be a dumb move to replace Solid Snake with Big Boss/Naked Snake. He was a hybrid of both with his SOL look and the face of Naked Snake. And he had the Camo patterns that Naked Snake used during the Cold War I think it would be a (very) dumb move to do that!

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
That would kinda be a dumb move to replace Solid Snake with Big Boss/Naked Snake. He was a hybrid of both with his SOL look and the face of Naked Snake. And he had the Camo patterns that Naked Snake used during the Cold War I think it would be a (very) dumb move to do that!
I'm pretty sure they'll keep Snake but given that Big Boss has a stronger presence in the series now than he did in when Brawl came out I bet we'll be seeing even stronger vibes of BB in our favorite clone.
I also want a Liquid and Solidus statues, plus the return of the box!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
OK so if you guys haven't heard a slew of Xenoblade workers (monolith soft) have retweeted Sakurai's post I think it's safe to say Shulk's the one getting revealed but we could get Snake at the end of the trailer...
Maybe?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Sure why not, mechons might as well be metal gears

Snake: "Metal Face?!"

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
OK so if you guys haven't heard a slew of Xenoblade workers (monolith soft) have retweeted Sakurai's post I think it's safe to say Shulk's the one getting revealed but we could get Snake at the end of the trailer...
Maybe?
I have literally never played a single Xenoblade ever, not even looked at one. I think we'll get a newcomer (Shulk) and a veteran because we hadn't gotten a veteran in forever. Since Ike at least.
Sure why not, mechons might as well be metal gears

Snake: "Metal Face?!"
Metal Gear?!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd The reason I'm so confident in Snake's reveal after Ike's confirmation is because the top 5 character people thought were going to get cut were Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, Lucas, and Snake. With 3 out of those 5 being confirmed, it makes me believe that the entire Brawl Roster is coming back for SSB4, bar Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Top Bottom