• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Megaman may not be fore beginners, but Snake definitely is not for beginners! :joyful:I also main Zelda, as well as Shiek, Pit and ZS Samus.
I'm really scared right now, I'm shaking from all the caffeine, I'm not exaggerating that I think I'm dying.
Bleh. Nice to see another Zelda main, I almost never played as Shiek, I'm kind of glad they're separated because than I finally have a down smash. But I'm also sad that my other half is gone. :(
I'm ninety percent sure they're going to nerf the s*** out of Snake and make his hitboxes not so freaking huge, he might be more friendly this time around. Although they buffed Zamus and have done both to Zelda (who needs buffs) so there's no telling, what's going to happen.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm not sure what you're trying to go with here...you want Snake gone because he's hard to use? A lot of characters are. Melee in particular requires a lot of time and dedication towards it, and the execution you need is immense.

Snake isn't the hardest character, I'd argue Yoshi is, and there other characters are harder to use imo. Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, etc.

Even looking at the current roster, do you think Rosalina is gonna be beginner friendly? Sorry, it just seems like a silly reason to want a character out. I don't find Snake particularly hard to use, personally, and I know someone who doesn't even play Smash that likes to use him because of how easy it is to get kills with him.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I'm really scared right now, I'm shaking from all the caffeine, I'm not exaggerating that I think I'm dying.
Bleh. Nice to see another Zelda main, I almost never played as Shiek, I'm kind of glad they're separated because than I finally have a down smash. But I'm also sad that my other half is gone. :(
I'm ninety percent sure they're going to nerf the s*** out of Snake and make his hitboxes not so freaking huge, he might be more friendly this time around. Although they buffed Zamus and have done both to Zelda (who needs buffs) so there's no telling, what's going to happen.
Yeah Samus definitely sounds scary

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what you're trying to go with here...you want Snake gone because he's hard to use? A lot of characters are. Melee in particular requires a lot of time and dedication towards it, and the execution you need is immense.

Snake isn't the hardest character, I'd argue Yoshi is, and there other characters are harder to use imo.

Even looking at the current roster, do you think Rosalina is gonna be beginner friendly? Sorry, it just seems like a silly reason to want a character out. I don't find Snake particularly hard to use, personally, and I know someone who doesn't even play Smash that likes to use him because of how easy it is to get kills with him.
Ice Climbers, those little f***s are impossible.
Yeah Samus definitely sounds scary
There's debate that ZSS might be the new Meta Knight.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
For realz? That's ridiculous! :joyful: He was so beefed up, it was horrifying!
From what I've heard is that she's gotten nothing but buffs, Meta Knight was so good because he had such huge moves and could rack up damage really quickly, plus a few kill moves....
ZSS was really good and now it seems like she's gotten even better. Although I wouldn't quote me on that, I'm no expert, go over to the ZSS boards and see if I'm right.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
From what I've heard is that she's gotten nothing but buffs, Meta Knight was so good because he had such huge moves and could rack up damage really quickly, plus a few kill moves....
ZSS was really good and now it seems like she's gotten even better. Although I wouldn't quote me on that, I'm no expert, go over to the ZSS boards and see if I'm right.
I shall do so, but keep in mind, she really was not the best in Brawl. Yeah, she was super fast but her hit damage was terrible and that was disappointing because I mained her regardless of that. Still do to this day.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Snake isn't the hardest character, I'd argue Yoshi is, and there other characters are harder to use imo. Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, etc.

yeah I kinda got the hang of snake pretty quickly. Though I still have a lot to learn, only if my c stick on my gc controller still worked.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I understand where @ JohannFKNFaust JohannFKNFaust is coming from. Most characters, while hard to use, can be used mostly through reflex and practiced combos. Snake is character that when using, you have to always consciously think about throughout the entire match. He requires a far higher level of cerebral capacity and ability than most other characters demand, which is why he felt so out of place, especially with the feel Sakurai is aiming towards this game, which is epic, fast, and a little lighthearted. Snake, while most certainly epic, is neither fast and definitely not lighthearted. One of the main reason I that Snake will return would be is because cutting him would mean the entire removal of a franchise from Smash. While @ JohannFKNFaust JohannFKNFaust argument could simply be lumped into "Snake doesn't fit" His argument is different is he is looking at it from a gameplay angle.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I understand where @ JohannFKNFaust JohannFKNFaust is coming from. Most characters, while hard to use, can be used mostly through reflex and practiced combos. Snake is character that when using, you have to always consciously think about throughout the entire match. He requires a far higher level of cerebral capacity and ability than most other characters demand, which is why he felt so out of place, especially with the feel Sakurai is aiming towards this game, which is epic, fast, and a little lighthearted. Snake, while most certainly epic, is neither fast and definitely not lighthearted. One of the main reason I that Snake will return would be is because cutting him would mean the entire removal of a franchise from Smash. While @ JohannFKNFaust JohannFKNFaust argument could simply be lumped into "Snake doesn't fit" His argument is different is he is looking at it from a gameplay angle.
Yeah I suppose that makes sense, there was just a giant learning curve with him. He was an oddball in a cast of pretty colorful characters though.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yeah I suppose that makes sense, there was just a giant learning curve with him. He was an oddball in a cast of pretty colorful characters though.
That's what I liked about Snake. He was serious, lecherous, gruff who was the opposite of everyone else around him and it was hilarious. He was so out of place he fit in perfectly.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
That's what I liked about Snake. He was serious, lecherous, gruff who was the opposite of everyone else around him and it was hilarious. He was so out of place he fit in perfectly.
When you really, really take in consideration of everything that Metal Gear is and it's like a Nintendo game for adults seriously.
You got robot ninjas, over the top fanservice that acknowledges it's over the top, everything is melodramatic to the nth degree, BoxXSnake is practically canon, the homo-eroticism is astounding (Ocelot anyone?) and the fact that in everything but story it does not take itself seriously.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
When you really, really take in consideration of everything that Metal Gear is and it's like a Nintendo game for adults seriously.
You got robot ninjas, over the top fanservice that acknowledges it's over the top, everything is melodramatic to the nth degree, BoxXSnake is practically canon, the homo-eroticism is astounding (Ocelot anyone?) and the fact that in everything but story it does not take itself seriously.
What I was trying to say was that Snake was very…adult in comparison t the rest of the cast. But you summarized MGS perfectly, and made me laugh pretty hard (BoxXSnake is way to funny and true). Speaking of homo-eroticism, isn't there a extra mission is Peace Walker where Big Boss goes on a date with Kaz and they end up in…the Love Box?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
What I was trying to say was that Snake was very…adult in comparison t the rest of the cast. But you summarized MGS perfectly, and made me laugh pretty hard (BoxXSnake is way to funny and true). Speaking of homo-eroticism, isn't there a extra mission is Peace Walker where Big Boss goes on a date with Kaz and they end up in…the Love Box?
Yes, yes there is. It's as gay as it sounds.
You can also go on one with Paz.
Than there's this:
Paz's Diary
And This:
Cardboard Tank
This is only the top of the iceberg.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm not saying the game is completely easy, I'm just saying, I thought it was less of that kind of strategy. But like I said, his series isn't really for Nintendo anymore, they're more like games you'd search for for XBox or PS.
Metal Gear might appear on PS and Xbox more but Kojima/Konami never leaves out Nintendo we had a fair share of exclusives we got Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel which is arguable the best Gameboy Color game of all time, and we got Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes which is a 100% remake and one of the best selling and well received Third Party GCN game of all time. Also we got Snake Eater 3D with completely redone textures and makes great use of the N3DS ability's. If you think about it Playstation just had 2 MGS exclucives while we had 3!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You mean Paz.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Metal Gear might appear on PS and Xbox more but Kojima/Konami never leaves out Nintendo we had a fair share of exclusives we got Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel which is arguable the best Gameboy Color game of all time, and we got Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes which is a 100% remake and one of the best selling and well received Third Party GCN game of all time. Also we got Snake Eater 3D with completely redone textures and makes great use of the N3DS ability's. If you think about it Playstation just had 2 MGS exclucives while we had 3!
well psp did have acid, but I think they got ported to mobile, and nes had snake's revenge.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 Why didn't you put that in one message? Also I thinks it's semi-canon. It happened, but it's obviously meant as a joke. But why wouldn't you want Big Boss to be bi?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
@ Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 Why didn't you put that in one message? Also I thinks it's semi-canon. It happened, but it's obviously meant as a joke. But why wouldn't you want Big Boss to be bi?
It seems like every character in Metal Gear is at slightly interested in the same sex.
yes it is, never got released on any other platform,not even a virtual console port.
I don't really count Snake's Revenge, it wasn't developed by Kojima and there's some weird stuff in there, (Big Boss a giant purple robot?)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It seems like every character in Metal Gear is at slightly interested in the same sex.

I don't really count Snake's Revenge, it wasn't developed by Kojima and there's some weird stuff in there, (Big Boss a giant purple robot?)
but it was the game that got kojima to make metal gear 2:solid snake. It's pretty important. I
I kinda like snake's revenge, it's not bad. Big Boss's character had not been established well back then. So they went crazy with him. "Ha,ha,ha I have no weak point you can penetrate." I liked the end metal gear sequence, where you had to destroy it before it launched the nuke. It's not

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'd love for Snakes Revenge to be canon just to find out how they'd explain Big Boss as a giant purple robot in MGS5.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I hope he's not bi. he had EVA. He probably have some sort of relationship with Quite.
He's not, the peace walker date missions are non canon (along with the monster hunter ones of course), snake and kaz are known womanizers, with snake to a lesser extent because he's more focused, except during codec calls. Big Boss is sterile though so he's shootin blanks lol.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I think it's Solid Snake who's implied to be Bisexual.

Based on Player actions at least.
Back in MGS2, you can take a photo of poster with a male torso on it which Otacon comments on when you upload it during the tanker chapter.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well, I knew this was happening eventually. It happened on the Ike thread and now it's happening here. The discussion of Snake's sexuality. lol
I think it's Solid Snake who's implied to be Bisexual.

Based on Player actions at least.
Back in MGS2, you can take a photo of poster with a male torso on it which Otacon comments on when you upload it during the tanker chapter.
How is Snake bi?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Anyway.....

Change of subject. Im still supporting the snake movement on twitter as i hope most of you that can are. I posted a pic of a window decal on my car. I figured that could catch his attention at the same time so why not?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Anyway.....

Change of subject. Im still supporting the snake movement on twitter as i hope most of you that can are. I posted a pic of a window decal on my car. I figured that could catch his attention at the same time so why not?

That's awesome! I got very excited when I saw the name Keith, thinking it was Keither Sutherland, but then I saw your gamer tag. Also thank you for changing the subject.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just read the whole discussion on the previous page.

Anyway.. seeying as Sakurai is going more competitive with this Smash means that Snake is very important. I mean... he was the second most used character in competitive Brawl after all.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I just read the whole discussion on the previous page.

Anyway.. seeying as Sakurai is going more competitive with this Smash means that Snake is very important. I mean... he was the second most used character in competitive Brawl after all.
Somehow I managed to spawn an entire conversation on Snake's sexuality, very good. Personally I think the hints are there because Kojima likes to screw with us and as any anime with a large male cast aimed towards females knows... nothing, nothing, will bring in a female audience faster than light homosexual themes between men. Kojima regularly acknowledges his female audience like that. Unlike some directors.
Wait, I though Sakurai was trying to move smash bros away from competitiveness? Or was I wrong?
I think it's only legal that would keep Snake out. I mean, given his complex, unique moveset and how much Sakurai probably worked on it, I wouldn't think he would put Snake out.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
What are you guys talking about? Peace Walkers date missions are all canon, alongside the Monster Hunter missions, MGS3's Ape Escape missions, Ape Escape 3's Mesal Gear mission, and of course, the events of Dream Mix TV World Fighters, Super Smash Bros Brawl and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale :troll:

Anyway, if there is one good reason Kojima will not axe Snake, its because of Kojima Jr. Aka the person who convinced Kojima to ask Sakurai.

I assure you, at least one point in development, Sakurai thought of what would happen to Kojima Jr. if Snake didn't get in. He could just see him getting teased at Smash U parties when the full roster gets unlocked, with no sign of Snake anywhere..."Ha! Snake got axed in the biggest crossover ever! Your Dad sucks!"

Sakurai wouldn't want this to happen. Jr. shall get Snake in once again.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
What are you guys talking about? Peace Walkers date missions are all canon, alongside the Monster Hunter missions, MGS3's Ape Escape missions, Ape Escape 3's Mesal Gear mission, and of course, the events of Dream Mix TV World Fighters, Super Smash Bros Brawl and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale :troll:

Anyway, if there is one good reason Kojima will not axe Snake, its because of Kojima Jr. Aka the person who convinced Kojima to ask Sakurai.

I assure you, at least one point in development, Sakurai thought of what would happen to Kojima Jr. if Snake didn't get in. He could just see him getting teased at Smash U parties when the full roster gets unlocked, with no sign of Snake anywhere..."Ha! Snake got axed in the biggest crossover ever! Your Dad sucks!"

Sakurai wouldn't want this to happen. Jr. shall get Snake in once again.
Whether the dates are canon or not is debatable, but the subtext between Paz and Kaz as love interests for Big Boss is definitely there. Pick either or, both will get by, but the only truly person who we known has scored with Big Boss is Eva. It's gets really creepy when you think that Paz is sixteen (not really, but BB didn't know that). Snake has Meryl and we all know how that turned out.
I never really thought about Kojima's son in all this, that's pretty adorable when you think about it. I wonder how old he is.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Whether the dates are canon or not is debatable, but the subtext between Paz and Kaz as love interests for Big Boss is definitely there. Pick either or, both will get by, but the only truly person who we known has scored with Big Boss is Eva. It's gets really creepy when you think that Paz is sixteen (not really, but BB didn't know that). Snake has Meryl and we all know how that turned out.
I never really thought about Kojima's son in all this, that's pretty adorable when you think about it. I wonder how old he is.
He was about 13-15 when Portable Ops was out, so he'd be 19-21 by now.
His son sort of was inspiration for Portable Ops too. Because it was intended to capture a different audience in Japan. Lets just say, Jr. didn't have nice things to say about previous installments...

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
He was about 13-15 when Portable Ops was out, so he'd be 19-21 by now.
His son sort of was inspiration for Portable Ops too. Because it was intended to capture a different audience in Japan. Lets just say, Jr. didn't have nice things to say about previous installments...
Yeah, I did read that article and I was like 'awwkwarrd.' Portable opps was pretty good, I enjoyed it but I think I prefer Peace Walker.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... the son argument is pretty good actually. But I wonder if he's aware of the criticism of the Wii U? But then again, if my dad was making the Metal Gear games and was friends of Sakurai, I'd probably beg him too.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Not a fan of Palutena's Up Smash.
Reminds me of Snake's with that incredible upward range.
Good news is that this one doesn't come back down! =p

Snake's Sneaky and Trap like methods truly did make him unique.
Would be a shame to see him goes, if we are that unfortunate.

Anyone know what my user name is and why it relates to both Nintendo and MG?

Top Bottom