• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'd rather have the MGS4 version of Here's to you but you know either will do.
I have a soft spot for brass instraments as well I just thought that song didn't feel very "Metal Gear" especially after the incredible credits theme that was "The Best is Yet to Come."
It's still a great song.
I'm going to post what I posted on another thread and you try to make it out:
There's another article on Castlevania Lords of Shadow being considered on Wii U but scrapped. The newest PES is skipping Wii U (again). Konami has no games to publish for Wii U and in their conference a few months back they had zero listings beyond 2014. The only two games listed for Nintendo platforms were Love Plus+ and Yu-Gi-Oh.

I guess Konami will only put out VC games? If so, I'd hope for Castlevania DS games. I loved Portrait of Ruin.

It's a really big deal when a major Japanese company such as Konami is pulling support. Things have changed quite a bit between Konami and Nintendo since 2005. Please refer to this article: http://nintendoeverything.com/konam...down-on-nintendos-third-party-relations-more/
People think Snake is safe because it's all on Sakurai, or that Kojima and him are best friends, or that he has an original moveset- no. That's not how things work.

People fail to realize that negotiations and licensing are huge factors in third-party relations. It's the same reason why Capcom cannot publish MvC any time they want. They have to go through Marvel and ultimately Disney for approval. Recently, they pulled MvC3 off digital store fronts. The license has expired. No one knows how that works for Brawl but Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Wii also got the plug pulled in 2012 officially.

Kojima Productions isn't even credited in Brawl as far as I know. Everything is under Konami Digital Entertainment as they hold the intellectual property rights. If Kojima left Konami today, he wouldn't be able to take MGS with him. Same thing for Inafune who left Capcom in 2010-2011. He couldn't take his creation, Megaman, with him. Konami's reluctance is not surprising but it is disappointing withe massive Wii install base, their games sold poorly. And Konami published fantastic games, too. Now, all we see is Konami playing extra safe and seldom releasing the games they used to in the past or even taking risks. And in a way, Konami has been somewhat pulling away from the gaming industry and they have been running sporting shops across Japan because it is assumed that it's another thing to fall back on financially.

Back to Smash Bros, Sakurai even has to go through The Pokemon Company to gain approval for any Pokemon represented and that's a 2nd party. This information is readily available to everyone but people refuse to be objective and face the facts. As much as Snake was a fresh character for the Smash Bros series and imo a welcome addition, his appearance in Smash 4 is slim to none at this point. It isn't 2005 anymore when Konami and Nintendo had a great relationship collaborating on projects such as the successful DDR Mario Mix that released here in the US the same month Brawl began its development cycle. The industry is totally different today.

And yes, while it is true Nintendo's third party relationship with most are not stable (mostly the western divisions such as EA, Bethesda, Epic Games, etc), Nintendo has still collaborated with Namco, SEGA and Capcom numerous times more than Konami. Those three are really the only major Japanese publishers who have games panned out for Wii U and 3DS mostly because their brands do well on Nintendo's platforms where Konami doesn't see that. I don't think whoever is in charge of Marketing and Licensing would give the okay to license Snake knowing their platform is capable of having the latest entry to the series especially when Nintendo was going for the same audience Sony and Microsoft goes for this generation. It also doesn't help when Kojima himself think it is unlikely for Snake to return. The only thing keeping Snake from making a welcome come back is the "bad blood" between Nintendo and Konami.

For Snake to return, there has to be a demand. I can see Snake returning as DLC if this happens and I'm sure Nintendo and Konami may even work out a deal to publish MGSV in some form as Nintendo has done this for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge in 2012 (released earlier that year on PS3 and 360) among other 3rd party games such as Dragon Quest 6, 9 Joker 2, Bravely Default, Fantasy Life and a few other titles. They're even publishing Capcom's Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton. So, really, no one can actually compare Konami's situation and claim it is the same as Capcom, Namco and SEGA.
Thanks for all these great points and defending Snake! My faith in his return has been renewed! ^-^

WHY WASN'T ZANZIBAR BREEZE IN BRAWL!

If we do get zanzibar breeze this time, I want the original msx version,not the integral or whatever.
My point exactly! It's gorgeous!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm going to post what I posted on another thread and you try to make it out:
There's another article on Castlevania Lords of Shadow being considered on Wii U but scrapped. The newest PES is skipping Wii U (again). Konami has no games to publish for Wii U and in their conference a few months back they had zero listings beyond 2014. The only two games listed for Nintendo platforms were Love Plus+ and Yu-Gi-Oh.

I guess Konami will only put out VC games? If so, I'd hope for Castlevania DS games. I loved Portrait of Ruin.

It's a really big deal when a major Japanese company such as Konami is pulling support. Things have changed quite a bit between Konami and Nintendo since 2005. Please refer to this article: http://nintendoeverything.com/konam...down-on-nintendos-third-party-relations-more/
People think Snake is safe because it's all on Sakurai, or that Kojima and him are best friends, or that he has an original moveset- no. That's not how things work.

People fail to realize that negotiations and licensing are huge factors in third-party relations. It's the same reason why Capcom cannot publish MvC any time they want. They have to go through Marvel and ultimately Disney for approval. Recently, they pulled MvC3 off digital store fronts. The license has expired. No one knows how that works for Brawl but Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Wii also got the plug pulled in 2012 officially.

Kojima Productions isn't even credited in Brawl as far as I know. Everything is under Konami Digital Entertainment as they hold the intellectual property rights. If Kojima left Konami today, he wouldn't be able to take MGS with him. Same thing for Inafune who left Capcom in 2010-2011. He couldn't take his creation, Megaman, with him. Konami's reluctance is not surprising but it is disappointing withe massive Wii install base, their games sold poorly. And Konami published fantastic games, too. Now, all we see is Konami playing extra safe and seldom releasing the games they used to in the past or even taking risks. And in a way, Konami has been somewhat pulling away from the gaming industry and they have been running sporting shops across Japan because it is assumed that it's another thing to fall back on financially.

Back to Smash Bros, Sakurai even has to go through The Pokemon Company to gain approval for any Pokemon represented and that's a 2nd party. This information is readily available to everyone but people refuse to be objective and face the facts. As much as Snake was a fresh character for the Smash Bros series and imo a welcome addition, his appearance in Smash 4 is slim to none at this point. It isn't 2005 anymore when Konami and Nintendo had a great relationship collaborating on projects such as the successful DDR Mario Mix that released here in the US the same month Brawl began its development cycle. The industry is totally different today.

And yes, while it is true Nintendo's third party relationship with most are not stable (mostly the western divisions such as EA, Bethesda, Epic Games, etc), Nintendo has still collaborated with Namco, SEGA and Capcom numerous times more than Konami. Those three are really the only major Japanese publishers who have games panned out for Wii U and 3DS mostly because their brands do well on Nintendo's platforms where Konami doesn't see that. I don't think whoever is in charge of Marketing and Licensing would give the okay to license Snake knowing their platform is capable of having the latest entry to the series especially when Nintendo was going for the same audience Sony and Microsoft goes for this generation. It also doesn't help when Kojima himself think it is unlikely for Snake to return. The only thing keeping Snake from making a welcome come back is the "bad blood" between Nintendo and Konami.

For Snake to return, there has to be a demand. I can see Snake returning as DLC if this happens and I'm sure Nintendo and Konami may even work out a deal to publish MGSV in some form as Nintendo has done this for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge in 2012 (released earlier that year on PS3 and 360) among other 3rd party games such as Dragon Quest 6, 9 Joker 2, Bravely Default, Fantasy Life and a few other titles. They're even publishing Capcom's Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton. So, really, no one can actually compare Konami's situation and claim it is the same as Capcom, Namco and SEGA.
I respect your opinion but why if the licensing is a problem is Brawl still being sold in stores?
Seeing as Nintendo is still producing new copies of Brawl every year the license for Snake could still be on.
What I'm trying to say is that the licensing isn't that much of an issue, at least that's the way I see it.
But as I said I respect your opinion and we won't know Snake's true fate until he's announced or deconfirmed.
By the way that thing about Kojima "not knowing" is total BS you could tell by the way he answered that question.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I respect your opinion but why if the licensing is a problem is Brawl still being sold in stores?
Seeing as Nintendo is still producing new copies of Brawl every year the license for Snake could still be on.
What I'm trying to say is that the licensing isn't that much of an issue, at least that's the way I see it.
But as I said I respect your opinion and we won't know Snake's true fate until he's announced or deconfirmed.
By the way that thing about Kojima "not knowing" is total BS you could tell by the way he answered that question.
Like I said, MGS3D came out around the same time that they'd be considering the roster, about 3 years ago. We can all of course cross our fingers for Phantom Pain to be released on Wii U when it does come out, or a little bit after. I hope Konami continues to work with nintendo/

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I don't know the answer to that. For all we know, there was probably a lump some of money or something. We may never know. But I'm more targeting people who think Sakurai is a god and could add any character he wants without consulting Nintendo or any other company.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Like I said, MGS3D came out around the same time that they'd be considering the roster, about 3 years ago. We can all of course cross our fingers for Phantom Pain to be released on Wii U when it does come out, or a little bit after. I hope Konami continues to work with nintendo/
It really helps to show that Brawl is still selling brand new copies in stores.
With Snake still in the game if the licensing deal was expired they would be forced to take it off the shelves which isn't the case.
So maybe the license is still up?
I'm not sure but it does seem weird that they are still able to sell the game.
I don't know the answer to that. For all we know, there was probably a lump some of money or something. We may never know. But I'm more targeting people who think Sakurai is a god and could add any character he wants without consulting Nintendo or any other company.
You also have to take into account as both me and @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd have pointed out multiple times Metal Gear was relevent on Nintendo consoles when the Final Roster was decided.
But no I do not think Sakurai is a god I don't think he should just choose any character he likes to be in the game just characters that are unique and make sense.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope it comes to wii u, I'm not getting another console for a while.(Though I might go for an xbone later this year for halo collection.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
To bring some more hope for Snake's return back, I compiled a list of things that Snake has going for him for a possible return. I know some of this stuff may not mean anything, but whatever helps his case works.
Now, I will admit, most of this I’ve first heard…in this very thread. Apologize I can’t thank everyone who posted each point, but I see there’s a lot of hope still here. Just a combo of it all in this post.

-MGS3D came out 4 months before SSB4 development began.(Making the "MGS not on Nintendo" argument invalid.)
-MGS3D was also graced with constant advertising by Nintendo, including a 3DS bundle and Yoshi appearance.
-“A character must make people want to play the game” is a criteria Sakurai once used for selecting Brawl’s roster. Snake falls underneath this criteria more than any first party character does, and Sakurai even refered to him as a "Fantastic addition".
-Sakurai and Kojima are buddies, Sakurai likes Metal Gear, and Sakurai tweeted an MGS 25th anniversary screen in August 2012, which means acknowledging Metal Gear early in development.
-Miiverse “leaked” a Metal Gear Solid game on Wii U, showing more Metal Gear activity on Nintendo platforms.
-Sakurai made it clear he does not like cutting characters due to the fanbase of each character, claims he isn’t going to cut characters “out of the way”.
-Langdon claims he had a role as Raiden in Smash Bros. Later states he meant PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. He did not exactly say it was motion capturing or voice acting in that part of the interview, and his name is found nowhere in Battle Royale's credits.
-Mega Man’s up special works just like Sonics up special, and despite doubts both got in the game. Shiek has a grenade like Snake did, and…
-One character animation has them grasp for their neck when they get grabbed by the beetle item, exactly like they did in Snake's chokehold.
-Gematsu Leak mentions Lucas getting cut, but does not mention anybody else.
-Namco worker who worked on SSB4 is asked if Snake is back. His exact response is "Um..we have not announced um...Solid Snake yet."

...and don't forget the somewhat strange, yet very possible point:
-The year long wait for a Snake reveal could be primarily to create excitement for his reveal, complete with a "kept you waiting, huh?"

That last one seems like a Sakurai/Kojima thing to do. Remember when he did it in Subspace Emissary?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I looked at what you said before and i get what you mean, but i dont think anyone believes sakurai can just make anything happen as if he were above legality. Legal negotiations will always need to take place in these situations, but theres no reason to believe snake would be harder to negotiate for then the other ones. Sakurai does have a lot of pull, and he would probably go through the trouble of it to make the game as best he could. Konami's current record with wii games and the like doesnt really matter in the end, because they arent going to evaluate their relationship for a cameo that wont affect any past or future releases. Konami themeselves like you said are barely putting out much as it is right now, other then metal gear, PES, and castlevania. And in those cases both castlevania and metal gear got releases on the 3DS in 2012 and 2013, but even then that shouldnt matter. Konami not giving current all out support for nintendo is not damning for snake, many companies did that to nintendo, and if they ever hope to gain their third party support back they have to be willing to work with other devs and open the gate, not close themselves off over the lack of early wiiu support.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I was thinking about Snakes stages for the next Smash Bros. and I came up with keeping Shadow Moses for Wii U and for 3DS this.

Rokovoj Bereg

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So I was thinking about Snakes stages for the next Smash Bros. and I came up with keeping Shadow Moses for Wii U and for 3DS this.

Rokovoj Bereg
Ive always been partial to these ones

Groznyj Grad (3DS) - Possibly on the base or air field, or even from the jungle overlooking the base

Mother Base (Wiiu) - any of the struts would work, possibly the heliport, with an attack on the base sometimes

---
Im not sure where at on each one, but i think the team could rig up some platforms for any certain section of these.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Mother Base is a stage I've been wanting to see since Peace Walker. They could incorporate switches that launch missiles at the stage like they did during the final boss.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Mother Base is a stage I've been wanting to see since Peace Walker. They could incorporate switches that launch missiles at the stage like they did during the final boss.
same here, the whole missile part is one id thought would be good as well, with zeke being the background hazard to which the players would then have to destroy it to calm his rampage and assault on them.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. Took me a while to catch up with the last few pages.

For songs, I'd like:
-The Best Is Yet To Come
-MGS1 Main Theme
-Psycho Mantis Boss Theme
-Father and Son

That's about it for songs. All the other song I'd want are already in Brawl.
Great songs, all of them, Psycho Mantis is up there in my favorite boss battles. It's too bad that I never got the chance to play it with out all the gimics spoiled.
Ive always been partial to these ones

Groznyj Grad (3DS) - Possibly on the base or air field, or even from the jungle overlooking the base

Mother Base (Wiiu) - any of the struts would work, possibly the heliport, with an attack on the base sometimes

---
Im not sure where at on each one, but i think the team could rig up some platforms for any certain section of these.
Motherbase seems likely, as it's the most recent but I would love Grozny Grad to have a scheme like Delfino Plaza and the shagohod to make an apperance, just you know, run everyone over. Have Volgin laugh manically, destroy a bridge... everything blows up...
Ta-da! Awesome stage.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What Metal Gear OST do you want to see in Smash 4?
I'd like to see Heavens divide and the Sons Of Liberty theme.
Oh...and a vocal Snake Eater ofcourse...
I have waaaaaay too many tracks. Hard to decide.

One thing I wanted for my list is to bring attention to the (few) connections the series has with Nintendo, hence the Twin Snakes and Ghost Babel music.

For a returning Shadow Moses stage:

-All the original tracks from Brawl.

-MGS1 main theme

-Father and Son (MGS2 version)

-The Best is Yet to Come - instrumental opening at start (sans background noise), then turns into a new orchestral instrumental (and somewhat actiony) version of the main song, using similar instruments.

-An orchestrated medley of parts 1 and 2 of Metal Gear Gander's battle and possibly some other tracks from the non-canon GBC game Ghost Babel.

-Some tracks from The Twin Snakes, a full remake of MGS1 that is exclusive to the Gamecube. Maybe two or even three tracks from the game in Smash.
Some possible choices:

-REX's new battle theme
-Gray's Fox's new battle theme
-The title theme
-Sniper Wolf's new battle theme

Or maybe a medley of them all? Most of 'em sound similar and could easily lead into eachother in a medley methinks.

-----

For a new stage based off Groznyj Grad:

-Metal Gear Alert Medley
A mix of snippets from various alert and caution themes from the series done in the style and by the composer(s) of the tracks from MGS2 and MGS3; examples include Battle in the Jungle from MGS3, RED ALERT from Metal Gear (MSX), the Alert theme for the Tanker chapter in MGS2, and the Alert theme for Arsenal Gear in MGS2.

-MGS3: Main Theme

-Taking on the Shagohod

-Showtime

Either Metal Gear RAXA's battle theme or Gene's battle theme from Portable Ops. Can't decide. Gene's sounds good but RAXA has some variety compared to the other tracks. Leaning towards RAXA.

-MGS Peace Walker: Main Theme

-Possibly a mix of Takedown and Peace Walker, both from MGS Peace Walker

-MGS Peace Waker: Heaven's Divide

-MGS Peace Waker: Koi No Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence)

-MGS The Phantom Pain: Sins of the Father

-MGS4: Old Snake

-It Has to Be This Way from Metal Gear Rising

Maybe another track from Rising

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I have waaaaaay too many tracks. Hard to decide.

One thing I wanted for my list is to bring attention to the (few) connections the series has with Nintendo, hence the Twin Snakes and Ghost Babel music.

For a returning Shadow Moses stage:

-All the original tracks from Brawl.

-MGS1 main theme

-Father and Son (MGS2 version)

-The Best is Yet to Come - instrumental opening at start (sans background noise), then turns into a new orchestral instrumental (and somewhat actiony) version of the main song, using similar instruments.

-An orchestrated medley of parts 1 and 2 of Metal Gear Gander's battle and possibly some other tracks from the non-canon GBC game Ghost Babel.

-Some tracks from The Twin Snakes, a full remake of MGS1 that is exclusive to the Gamecube. Maybe two or even three tracks from the game in Smash.
Some possible choices:

-REX's new battle theme
-Gray's Fox's new battle theme
-The title theme
-Sniper Wolf's new battle theme

Or maybe a medley of them all? Most of 'em sound similar and could easily lead into eachother in a medley methinks.

-----

For a new stage based off Groznyj Grad:

-Metal Gear Alert Medley
A mix of snippets from various alert and caution themes from the series done in the style and by the composer(s) of the tracks from MGS2 and MGS3; examples include Battle in the Jungle from MGS3, RED ALERT from Metal Gear (MSX), the Alert theme for the Tanker chapter in MGS2, and the Alert theme for Arsenal Gear in MGS2.

-MGS3: Main Theme

-Taking on the Shagohod

-Showtime

Either Metal Gear RAXA's battle theme or Gene's battle theme from Portable Ops. Can't decide. Gene's sounds good but RAXA has some variety compared to the other tracks. Leaning towards RAXA.

-MGS Peace Walker: Main Theme

-Possibly a mix of Takedown and Peace Walker, both from MGS Peace Walker

-MGS Peace Waker: Heaven's Divide
-MGS Peace Waker: Koi No Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence)

-MGS The Phantom Pain: Sins of the Father

-MGS4: Old Snake

-It Has to Be This Way from Metal Gear Rising

Maybe another track from Rising
That's perfect, just one more:
Encounter
It's the Metal Gear Solid 4 version but it's basically the same throughout the series and it plays any time you're caught.
All it needs is...

There we go.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
One of my biggest pet peeves with the snake detractors is that they try to make a case saying that konami could switch out snake for another character they want or think would work better. That would not happen, especially if konami has a say since the likes of bomberman are nowhere near snake, and they would not be put forth over him like that.

Like this gamefaqs thread, these always pop up, but end with "i think bomberman or simon will or should get in before him"

by the way, vote snake to show them what we are made of.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
One of my biggest pet peeves with the snake detractors is that they try to make a case saying that konami could switch out snake for another character they want or think would work better. That would not happen, especially if konami has a say since the likes of bomberman are nowhere near snake, and they would not be put forth over him like that.

Like this gamefaqs thread, these always pop up, but end with "i think bomberman or simon will or should get in before him"

by the way, vote snake to show them what we are made of.
I don't have a gamefaqs account, but if I did I would show them what I was made of! By voting and offering cookies so both side would reconcile peacefully!
What, I don't like conflict, okay? I'm mild like that....
Let us be honest here though, Bomberman and Simon Belmont is good and all but I haven't heard of a Castlevania in years, Bomberman isn't exactly iconic either. Metal Gear is Konami's cash cow franchise and if you said Konami, I would say Snake. It would make sense that they would push more attention to MG by sticking their favorite series in. After all, it was through brawl that I got into Metal Gear and I doubt I'm the only one.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Konami doesn't hate Nintendo it's just to risky to release a game on Wii U

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
^its ok, the tide is turning in the votes anywya :D
Bleh, they're still locked neck-to-neck.
Konami doesn't hate Nintendo it's just to risky to release a game on Wii U
Right now, but I imagine with games like Hyrule Warriors and Smash 4 (that's just the type of the iceberg to (Zelda Wii U, Splatoon, etc.) coming out later this year sales are going to rocket. I know that I'm going to get a Wii U for my birthday. I really hope they put Phantom Pain on Wii U once they get a foot hold. The Wii U is a strong platform from what I've seen, it's unique, but it had a rocky start and I don't think there were any really powerhouse games released on it so it had a rocky start but I think this holiday season will get the sales Nintendo needs.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Within the underground Konami lab, a MGS game staring Solid Snake is being developed exclusively for Wii U.

Oh, another track that would be great is Portable Ops "Showtime"

MPO never gets any recognition in the series(we all must know what I mean), but that one and Calling to the Night were the only ones that made it onto Peace Walker's Walkman. It'd fit nicely too on a Groznyj Grad stage.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Within the underground Konami lab, a MGS game staring Solid Snake is being developed exclusively for Wii U.

Oh, another track that would be great is Portable Ops "Showtime"

MPO never gets any recognition in the series(we all must know what I mean), but that one and Calling to the Night were the only ones that made it onto Peace Walker's Walkman. It'd fit nicely too on a Groznyj Grad stage.
There's something very similar in MGS3, Virtuous Mission, I believe it plays when you're about to jump out of the plane for the first time in the beginning. It's the same idea. I would prefer that one because it doesn't have the long intro and that ones more dynamic. Although given the MGS3D, I would think they'd use either.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I don't have a gamefaqs account, but if I did I would show them what I was made of! By voting and offering cookies so both side would reconcile peacefully!
What, I don't like conflict, okay? I'm mild like that....
Let us be honest here though, Bomberman and Simon Belmont is good and all but I haven't heard of a Castlevania in years, Bomberman isn't exactly iconic either. Metal Gear is Konami's cash cow franchise and if you said Konami, I would say Snake. It would make sense that they would push more attention to MG by sticking their favorite series in. After all, it was through brawl that I got into Metal Gear and I doubt I'm the only one.
Exactly! And Snake is by far more popular and recongnizable than both Bomberman and Simon Belmont. And Snake being in will make the game and system sell better.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Exactly! And Snake is by far more popular and recongnizable than both Bomberman and Simon Belmont. And Snake being in will make the game and system sell better.
I'm just tired of waiting for him...
I'm going to play Snake in brawl until I can finally get his tilts right! I figured out the right way to use his down-b yesterday, blew myself up a few times but whatever.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Snake's horizontal hit of his up tilt has longer range than Ganondorf's grab. :troll:
Snake's a monster, he's just like, "oh, yeah, my hitboxes go beyond my leg, I'm a boss like that."
Do you think they'll fix that?
Zelda's tilts and smashs are basically the same, well they all have the same idea. One set is faster, one is stronger. Easy. So I'm not entirely used to differentiating, it's usually what I end up with. Fair is the same as Bair, with some variation of course, I think bair is more powerful. Zelda's difficult to master but simple, which is her main downfall.
Not Snake.
Not only does he have completely different hitboxes (non-sweetbox ariels!) but also completely different moves. Utilt is not the same as Usmash. Fair is not the same as bair. So not only does he have crazy huge hitboxes, is difficult to master, complex and is sexy as f***, he has more options. Damnit Snake.
Sorry for talking about Zelda in a Snake thread, but that's how I relate. ^-^

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Snake's a monster, he's just like, "oh, yeah, my hitboxes go beyond my leg, I'm a boss like that."
Do you think they'll fix that?
Zelda's tilts and smashs are basically the same, well they all have the same idea. One set is faster, one is stronger. Easy. So I'm not entirely used to differentiating, it's usually what I end up with. Fair is the same as Bair, with some variation of course, I think bair is more powerful. Zelda's difficult to master but simple, which is her main downfall.
Not Snake.
Not only does he have completely different hitboxes (non-sweetbox ariels!) but also completely different moves. Utilt is not the same as Usmash. Fair is not the same as bair. So not only does he have crazy huge hitboxes, is difficult to master, complex and is sexy as f***, he has more options. Damnit Snake.
Sorry for talking about Zelda in a Snake thread, but that's how I relate. ^-^
Sakurai payed alot of attention to Snake's moveset. Alot of thought was put in it. That's another reason why he should return.

Snake might be nerfed a bit. I always thought he was too heavy. He should've been somewhere around Link's and Captain Falcon's weight.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Sakurai payed alot of attention to Snake's moveset. Alot of thought was put in it. That's another reason why he should return.

Snake might be nerfed a bit. I always thought he was too heavy. He should've been somewhere around Link's and Captain Falcon's weight.
Losing such a moveset would be a shame, I always get a little excited whenever I see something that was in the games, like a CQC move.
Isn't he as heavy as Ganondorf or Bowser? And that fast!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Losing such a moveset would be a shame, I always get a little excited whenever I see something that was in the games, like a CQC move.
Isn't he as heavy as Ganondorf or Bowser? And that fast!
Snake is the 3rd heaviest character. Only beaten by Bowser and Donkey Kong in terms of weight. I also read that Snake takes less damage from the ray gun and super scope than the other characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I actually really liked that Snake was heavy. In MGS, characters feel REALLY heavy to control. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. If Snake was light and agile it really wouldn't feel right; he always felt really heavy, so it was a good idea to make him feel the same in Smash.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I actually really liked that Snake was heavy. In MGS, characters feel REALLY heavy to control. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. If Snake was light and agile it really wouldn't feel right; he always felt really heavy, so it was a good idea to make him feel the same in Smash.
I do agree with you but him being heavier than Dedede and Charizard just feels weird.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah, I guess he was a bit too heavy. He's only what? 75kg?

Still, I wouldn't mind if he was kept as heavy as he was in Brawl. Heavy spacers are awesome.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I don't remember snakes up tilt, what was it again? I know in project m it's an upper cut
It's a vertical split kick. If you pause on it, it looks really funny and weird.

On another note, I can't believe that we're almost at 50 pages. That's awesome! :D

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It's a vertical split kick. If you pause on it, it looks really funny and weird.

On another note, I can't believe that we're almost at 50 pages. That's awesome! :D
That split kick is perfectly possible. I remember going to a black belt meeting with one of my sensei's about a year ago. There was this black belt, a fifth degree I believe, huge guy, big as Snake, easily. He just stops under the doorframe, pauses and then kicks the top of the door frame. Just like Snake does in brawl. It was scary as hell. I used my "yes, sir" and "no, sir" for that guy.
We're just trooping on aren't we. XD

Top Bottom