• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I can't wait till Snake isn't in the game because Konami ditched Nintendo.
I can't wait till megaman isn't in the game because capcom stopped supporting wii u
oh wait...

i have nothing against megaman btw

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I can't wait till Snake isn't in Brawl because his only upcoming game is exclusive to rival consoles.

OH WAIT.
I don't know who you are and I have never seen you before, but I love you.
Missed the tweeting panic, freshman academy for the morning than went to see Guardian's of the Galaxy in the afternoon (fantastic movie by the way) and binged gamestop plus my local comic books store. Sorry. To be smash didn't come up during the interview.
So what are the other opportune times for a Snake reveal?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know who you are and I have never seen you before, but I love you.
I drop by every now and then to check up on Snake fans.
They are quite cool.

So what are the other opportune times for a Snake reveal?
No reveal. He should be a hidden character.
It only makes sense.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I drop by every now and then to check up on Snake fans.
They are quite cool.
Honestly I alternate between chill and obsessive Metal Gear fangirl. Right now I'm chill, but that could change.
No reveal. He should be a hidden character.
It only makes sense.
I don't care if he's hidden or not, I just want Solid Snake in Smash 4. Sooner rather than latter would be nice but as long as he's in the game, I'm chill. If he's revealed, than you can bet Skyfox 2000's premium membership that I'll switch straight to obsessive Metal Gear Fangirl.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Shoot, something came up and I wasn't able to tweet during the Q&A, but I made sure to tweet before hand. Shame nothing happened though. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda losing hope in Snake, and thing that's keeping me hopeful is the fact that Nintendo announces directs the day before it actually happens, but if nothing happens soon, things are looking kind of dim.
Yea. I'm losing hope on Snake as well, here it is it's the middle of August and Sakurai hasn't announced him. I can understand if they want to use "Kept you waiting, huh" I don't how the relationship is with Konami and Nintendo I know it not half as bad as the relationship with EA.
On the bright side if he dosent show up I've some Amazing People here on this thread and on Smashboards. First off @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss encouraged me to join this thread, I remember how excited he was with Ground Zeroes he thought a Snake revel. Then I meet The Captain (@ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb ) who I like to consider the "Leader of this Thread" and him and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss are like Role Models to me. Then i meet @ cmbsfm cmbsfm who will go out of his way to defend snake (@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss does the same) Then came along @NonSpecificGuy who likes all of my posts. :) Then i meet @ Jawmuncher Jawmuncher who was an active user but became Scarce after some time. Then there's @Davidius the little prankster. Then on June 19 @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd joined the fray she is an amaizing (fan) Girl. Then i meet @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A who i consider comic relief of the thread (he's made me laugh countless times) Then i meet @ Ekans647 Ekans647 i respect you because you was the one who Chreed everybody up after E3. And you @ billys_dad billys_dad or should i say Kojima's Number #1 Fan (wink. wink). Then came along the talented @ Zyfoe Zyfoe the creater of the awesome Solid Eye. Then we all meet @Thebluecomet who came here as a troll but i made friends with and encouraged him to quite his "Old Ways" and luckily enough he did.
Now the finally one i meet @Hong she's a Mod/Personally Friend stopped me from "trolling" in the Simon Belmont thread because some user was wanting a new Konami rep. A Shoutout to @Hong i hope your reading buddy.

What im saying is even thoe Solid Snake isn't in the game least we all meet each other. :ness:

Last edited:

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait till Snake isn't in the game because Konami ditched Nintendo.
I wouldn't say they ditched Nintendo, though. As people have previously said, they did more than other companies would by bringing some of the MGS games to their consoles years after they were originally released (MGS3 3D, Twin Snakes) even when there was no demand. The only reason MGSV is on everything but the Wii U isn't because Konami hates Nintendo, but because of the multiple problems that would outweigh the actual benefit of it being on a Nintendo console.

If they wanted to bring it to Wii U, they would have to get dev kits and learn how to develop for the Wii U, since they can't just put the data they have for MGSV and pour it all on a Wii U disc. A lot of things would have to be changed, since every console is different, and they would probably end up using the game would end up being closer to the PS3 version, since the Wii U isn't as powerful as the Xbox One or PS4. I'm sure Kojima would want to do something with the gamepad, which would only increase development time.

The main reason this (and other Konami games) aren't on the Wii U is because the demand isn't nearly big enough to make a completely new version. The only people who would end up buying the Wii U version are people who only own Wii U's, and are into games like MGSV. Anyone with a PS4, XboxOne, or a powerful enough PC would have no reason to choose the Wii U version, since it's Plus, even though Nintendo's my fav game company, I ave to admit, the Wii U's sales have been pretty bad.

So basically, it wasn't Konami going "We hate Nintendo, lets ditch them" as much as it was the fact that they would have to learn to develop for Wii U, the fact that the Wii U's version would be (graphics and fps wise) on the inferior half (this half is the Wii U and the last gen consoles, and the other half is every other current gen console and PC), and that it would probably sell the least out of all the versions.

But yea, if we could get Snake that would be kewl.

Memoirs of the Snake Thread
Aw **** man, it's bout to get like the ending of MGS3 up in here.

Who knows, maybe Snake is up in the great battlefield in the sky, watching down upon the new smashers, with all the other cut characters.

RIP IN PIECE SOLID SNACK
2008-2014
"Kept you waiting.... forever."

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
it was a silly quote to use :p
Not to kill your fun, but there's a difference when saying it playfully and saying it without context:

Playful: Using a Star Wars meme or a cat picture.

Without context: Implying I offended you in some manner.

Just saying. I mean, I can understand jokes, but there has to be some clarity and sense to them :)

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Yea. I'm losing hope on Snake as well, here it is it's the middle of August and Sakurai hasn't announced him. I can understand if they want to use "Kept you waiting, huh" I don't how the relationship is with Konami and Nintendo I know it not half as bad as the relationship with EA.
On the bright side if he dosent show up I've some Amazing People here on this thread and on Smashboards. First off @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss encouraged me to join this thread, I remember how excited he was with Ground Zeroes he thought a Snake revel. Then I meet The Captain (@ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb ) who I like to consider the "Leader of this Thread" and him and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss are like Role Models to me. Then i meet @ cmbsfm cmbsfm who will go out of his way to defend snake (@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss does the same) Then came along @NonSpecificGuy who likes all of my posts. :) Then i meet @ Jawmuncher Jawmuncher who was an active user but became Scarce after some time. Then there's @Davidius the little prankster. Then on June 19 @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd joined the fray she is an amaizing (fan) Girl. Then i meet @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A who i consider comic relief of the thread (he's made me laugh countless times) Then i meet @ Ekans647 Ekans647 i respect you because you was the one who Chreed everybody up after E3. And you @ billys_dad billys_dad or should i say Kojima's Number #1 Fan (wink. wink) Then we all meet @Thebluecomet who came here as a troll but i made friends with and encouraged him to quite his "Old Ways" and luckily enough he did.
Now the finally one i meet @Hong she's a Mod/Personally Friend stopped me from "trolling" in the Simon Belmont thread because some user was wanting a new Konami rep. A Shoutout to @Hong i hope your reading buddy.

What im saying is even thoe Solid Snake isn't in the game least we all meet each other. :ness:
*doesn't see name on the list*
On a serious note though, it's been a good run guys and gals.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ughhh, unlike other veterans, i would certainy lose all hope if snake isnt revealed pre release (which would matter little since we would know the full roster shortly before) they have missed so much great opportunities to reveal him that the fact that there may be not a reveal is starting to be real.

but again, by the way they ditched pacma reveal, there is still a faint hope DX

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
On the bright side if he dosent show up I've some Amazing People here on this thread and on Smashboards. First off @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss encouraged me to join this thread, I remember how excited he was with Ground Zeroes he thought a Snake revel. Then I meet The Captain (@ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb ) who I like to consider the "Leader of this Thread" and him and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss are like Role Models to me. Then i meet @ cmbsfm cmbsfm who will go out of his way to defend snake (@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss does the same) Then came along @NonSpecificGuy who likes all of my posts. :) Then i meet @ Jawmuncher Jawmuncher who was an active user but became Scarce after some time. Then there's @Davidius the little prankster. Then on June 19 @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd joined the fray she is an amaizing (fan) Girl. Then i meet @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A who i consider comic relief of the thread (he's made me laugh countless times) Then i meet @ Ekans647 Ekans647 i respect you because you was the one who Chreed everybody up after E3. And you @ billys_dad billys_dad or should i say Kojima's Number #1 Fan (wink. wink) Then we all meet @Thebluecomet who came here as a troll but i made friends with and encouraged him to quite his "Old Ways" and luckily enough he did.

@ Ekans647 Ekans647 was one of the reasons I joined actually. The other being that the Smash Direct was soon XD In fact, I still use a lot of his arguments when supporting Snake, as I feel that he's really put time and commitment into trying to bring Snake in a perspective we can all agree on.
@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss and I have some mass similarities, like us being Link and Snake mains. I'm also a Falco and Fox main, but I still consider Snake and Link to be "my real mains" XD
Another thing: two mod shoutouts are @Hong and @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones for keeping this thread AWESOME. I feel that all admins should be like you guys, no joke. (I've had my tangos in the past......)
And to the rest of you (aka I'm too tired to go tag the rest of you guys sorry) you've all truly been dedicated to your efforts! Who knows, maybe in the future we'll see him again, whether he be DLC, or in the next Smash!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ Ekans647 Ekans647 was one of the reasons I joined actually. The other being that the Smash Direct was soon XD In fact, I still use a lot of his arguments when supporting Snake, as I feel that he's really put time and commitment into trying to bring Snake in a perspective we can all agree on.
@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss and I have some mass similarities, like us being Link and Snake mains. I'm also a Falco and Fox main, but I still consider Snake and Link to be "my real mains" XD
Another thing: two mod shoutouts are @Hong and @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones for keeping this thread AWESOME. I feel that all admins should be like you guys, no joke. (I've had my tangos in the past......)
And to the rest of you (aka I'm too tired to go tag the rest of you guys sorry) you've all truly been dedicated to your efforts! Who knows, maybe in the future we'll see him again, whether he be DLC, or in the next Smash!
That's why i look up to you and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss as role models. Another Shoutout to @Swampasaur he was Awesome in his days, he caught me for double posting the first day i join.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Don't give up hope just yet guys. Not yet!
jones is right, and like John rambo said "nothing is over! Nothing! You just dont turn it off!"

The lack of a question during the stream means nothing, geoff probably screened the questions he was gonna ask anyway and he might possibly remember that he asked that question once before.

There are still a ton of veterans left to reveal, so unless he is planning to have them slowly shown all the way up until the wiiu versions release, one final direct before the 3DS versions release would be ideal. I can agree that things look bleaker then ever, but theres still so much about the game we just dont know yet. And until then im not gonna give up, i almost did once, but id rather go out fighting on the bloody battlefield then to give up before ive loaded my weapon.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why are we so quick all of a sudden to cast Snake off as not happening? GUYS! There's no reason for him to be cut! I've already went over this in the OCDT!!!

He's got time. There's two trailers at the LEAST left for this game, and Snake would be a great choice to reveal. He probably isn't going to be kept secret because he's 3rd party, but that doesn't mean he can't be revealed soon anyway.

If he isn't on the initial roster, then that's a huge bummer. It's going to hurt. But don't wallow in sadness...do something about it! Join the push for Snake as DLC! Get your voice heard! Tell Kojima and Sakurai you want Snake back, and you never know what the outcome might be.

Don't give up yet guys. Don't give up.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I talk to you guys tomorrow. i got School in the Mourning.
@ Zyfoe Zyfoe in my eyes you created it.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
If he's not in the final roster it's going to be quite the fight to get him in as DLC, though better than nothing.

@ Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000
Thanks for the shout out. Ended up becoming scarce once I had some training for my job come up for awhile. I should be more frequent until release.

In or not I do want to play matches with all of the snake supporters here though!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know things look bad, but I'm still holding out for Snake. Oh and I want thank all the snake supporters in this thread again, because y'all made me want to learn more about Snake, so I tried out The Twin Snakes and now I'm a Metal gear fan.

Really at this point I don't care too much about any Potential newcomers, I just want Snake to return.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
On the bright side if he dosent show up I've some Amazing People here on this thread and on Smashboards. First off @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss encouraged me to join this thread, I remember how excited he was with Ground Zeroes he thought a Snake revel. Then I meet The Captain (@ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb ) who I like to consider the "Leader of this Thread" and him and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss are like Role Models to me. Then i meet @ cmbsfm cmbsfm who will go out of his way to defend snake (@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss does the same) Then came along @NonSpecificGuy who likes all of my posts. :) Then i meet @ Jawmuncher Jawmuncher who was an active user but became Scarce after some time. Then there's @Davidius the little prankster. Then on June 19 @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd joined the fray she is an amaizing (fan) Girl. Then i meet @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A who i consider comic relief of the thread (he's made me laugh countless times) Then i meet @ Ekans647 Ekans647 i respect you because you was the one who Chreed everybody up after E3. And you @ billys_dad billys_dad or should i say Kojima's Number #1 Fan (wink. wink). Then came along the talented @ Zyfoe Zyfoe the creater of the awesome Solid Eye. Then we all meet @Thebluecomet who came here as a troll but i made friends with and encouraged him to quite his "Old Ways" and luckily enough he did.

I may or may not cry. That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard on an internet forum. You guys are fantastic.
The thing I love most is how you guys went from wallowing in sorrow to declaring to each other to keep up hope. Why does all the fun things happen when I'm off line? *pouty face*

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys, August is not over yet. We still got more days in this month.II'm losing hope, but there is still a chance!​

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
A cornered fox is more dangerous than a Jackal..

I wouldn't give up hope until all hope is gone. Fight until the end, it's what Grey Fox would've wanted.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Guys Smash questions were probably filtered during the Q&A because it has nothing to do with the stream.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

I did something and have value to others (says jokingly while wallowing in low self confidence). On a mores serious note, I haven't posted here in a while, mainly because nothing on this thread needed my attention until now, so let's address that. WHY THE **** ARE YOU GUYS ACTING LIKE SNAKE IS CUT!?!? Snake is going to be fine, @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus was probably right about the questions being filtered. But aside from that, you guys are getting all sweet and nostalgic. Is is because you think the end is near? Do I have to go back and quote my own posts on why Snake still has a chance. Seriously, Snake is a 3 party character, so will almost certainly be revealed during a direct or a major worldwide Smash related event, with he last one being E3. It only makes sense he hasn't been revealed in this time, because there has been a no event that would be suitable to reveal Snake. Now suit up and get some confidence. It's not over yet.

On a completely different note, was anyone else disappointed at the Smash news revealed at E3? I know I was.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think the factor isn't the evidence that other people have made up, it's time. With 2 ads already up showing off 3 of the already announced 3 third parties, it's almost as if it's the end of the line here. I mean, if he is revealed and says "Kept you waiting, huh?" I'd just lose my sanity right there because he really did keep me waiting this whole time XD also, a quote Sakurai has said twice now is:
“And, just between you and me,” he adds, leaning towards the crowd as if to whisper in the ear of each participant, “I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.”
Honestly, if this statement is true, there MUST be DLC characters. But, yeah, only time can truly tell.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I did something and have value to others (says jokingly while wallowing in low self confidence). On a mores serious note, I haven't posted here in a while, mainly because nothing on this thread needed my attention until now, so let's address that. WHY THE **** ARE YOU GUYS ACTING LIKE SNAKE IS CUT!?!? Snake is going to be fine, @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus was probably right about the questions being filtered. But aside from that, you guys are getting all sweet and nostalgic. Is is because you think the end is near? Do I have to go back and quote my own posts on why Snake still has a chance. Seriously, Snake is a 3 party character, so will almost certainly be revealed during a direct or a major worldwide Smash related event, with he last one being E3. It only makes sense he hasn't been revealed in this time, because there has been a no event that would be suitable to reveal Snake. Now suit up and get some confidence. It's not over yet.

On a completely different note, was anyone else disappointed at the Smash news revealed at E3? I know I was.
Oh! I have a new line in your signature! That's cool!
I think Sakurai's getting near the bottom of the barrel on stuff to reveal besides a few more newcomers so right now we're just feeding off of scraps instead of the feasts we were getting a month or two ago. Eventually we'll be starving for Smash 4 and that's all apart of Sakurai's plan to make sure we buy the game.
Well, I think the factor isn't the evidence that other people have made up, it's time. With 2 ads already up showing off 3 of the already announced 3 third parties, it's almost as if it's the end of the line here. I mean, if he is revealed and says "Kept you waiting, huh?" I'd just lose my sanity right there because he really did keep me waiting this whole time XD also, a quote Sakurai has said twice now is:

Honestly, if this statement is true, there MUST be DLC characters. But, yeah, only time can truly tell.
I really hope there's DLC, and as long as we don't have to pay for them, DLC characters.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd I quote you because you're ****ing funny.

I can see why you guys would lose hope if there was something like a direct, but there hasn't been one in a while.

So for now, I'm going to cheer you up with this:

And this:

And one last one for @ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss :
I have seen the second comic on DA about a thousand times but I still lost it when I saw the punchline. Link looks so annoyed in that picture, like Snake is so cramping his style.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
It seems like a lot of you guys don't realize this, but Geoff Keighley was the one who interviewed Kojima the last time he talked about Smash, and he probably would have gotten the same answer this time. Him not asking an identical question of the same interviewee who gave him a non-answer several months ago has no impact on Snake's chances whatsoever. Nintendo made no new Smash reveals of any kind at SDCC or Gamescom, so there's no reason to believe that either of these events were Snake's "last chance". Believe me, I know that the closer we get to release, the harder it is to stay optimistic, but...
IT'S NOT OVER YET!

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It seems like a lot of you guys don't realize this, but Geoff Keighley was the one who interviewed Kojima the last time he talked about Smash, and he probably would have gotten the same answer this time. Him not asking an identical question of the same interviewee who gave him a non-answer several months ago has no impact on Snake's chances whatsoever. Nintendo made no new Smash reveals of any kind at SDCC or Gamescom, so there's no reason to believe that either of these events were Snake's "last chance". Believe me, I know that the closer we get to release, the harder it is to stay optimistic, but...
IT'S NOT OVER YET!
Snake is most likely in the game, I mean... why not? We have no solid evidence that he isn't in the game so assuming he isn't based on the fact we he haven't heard anything saying he has is really stupid. Guys, we're being stupid. Let's stop being stupid.
On another odd note... for a 70+ year old man Ocelot sure is ripped. And oddly enough doesn't have nipples.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I haven't completely given up, I'm just at the point where whatever happens to Snake, I won't be surprised. The only thing that's putting the doubt in my mind is the fact that he hasn't been announced yet. I'll keep my computer background the same until we know whether or not he's in for sure. I've had it be this for about 3 weeks now.
Edit: Anyone know how to use the spoiler thing to hide parts of your post? Wanna hide this pic since it's pretty big.

Last edited:
Top Bottom