• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
" We are not your kind of people everything's lie" My Salute off too my dead Wii U

Don't worry a Black One is on the Way

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I dont get the Silent Hill part.
The reveal for it was completely unexpected with how they did it.
Mainly referring to the unexpected part. At this point I could see snake being a hidden character for the games release just because.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The reveal for it was completely unexpected with how they did it.
Mainly referring to the unexpected part. At this point I could see snake being a hidden character for the games release just because.
I have no idea what you're talking about so I'll just assume you mean:

the dog command hub scene from Silent Hill 2

the fetus god reveal from Silent Hill 3

that a new Silent Hill game is coming.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Hideo Kojima is doing another live interview with Geoff Keighley tonight (tonight in Germany, so about 7 hours ahead of US central time, if youre in the US) on twitch. Geoff will probably tweet for people to send him questions over twitter like last time, so we could probably get him to ask about Snake in Smash again.

We should use a hash tag, too, so if he sees it enough, he'll know more than a few people want to know it at that moment (I think we should still use the #Snake4Smash4) We probably will get another "I don't know." and it might be a little pointless since we'll know if he's in or not in just a month, but who knows what could happen.

We could wait for the call out tweet for questions, or tweet at a certain time if we don't know whether or not he's going to ask fans to tweet at him, or even if he doesn't. I think we should tweet at him two times, once at a certain time of our choice, and once he does a call out tweet. But we all need to tweet at once, so he gets the message, instead of at random times of the day. Anyone else on board?

EDIT: The interview starts at 8 PM CET time, which is 1 PM CST in the US.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Maybe it's just me but I fail to see how the new silent hill game has any bearing on Snake's chances, the fact that it is a Sony exclusive and it is being directed by Kojima would only give antis more ammunition to use against Snake.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Hideo Kojima is doing another live interview with Geoff Keighley tonight (tonight in Germany, so about 7 hours ahead of US central time, if youre in the US) on twitch. Geoff will probably tweet for people to send him questions over twitter like last time, so we could probably get him to ask about Snake in Smash again.

We should use a hash tag, too, so if he sees it enough, he'll know more than a few people want to know it at that moment (I think we should still use the #Snake4Smash4) We probably will get another "I don't know." and it might be a little pointless since we'll know if he's in or not in just a month, but who knows what could happen.

We could wait for the call out tweet for questions, or tweet at a certain time if we don't know whether or not he's going to ask fans to tweet at him, or even if he doesn't. I think we should tweet at him two times, once at a certain time of our choice, and once he does a call out tweet. But we all need to tweet at once, so he gets the message, instead of at random times of the day. Anyone else on board?

EDIT: The interview starts at 8 PM CET time, which is 1 PM CST in the US.
Guys, if you don't know time zones (like me) here is a fantastic and fun converter to suit all your Time Zones conversion needs. You can actually add the city you live in with the search bar.
We should all tweet at the same time, maybe six hours before, than tweet again about one or two hours before the interview. That should get the idea across.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Maybe it's just me but I fail to see how the new silent hill game has any bearing on Snake's chances, the fact that it is a Sony exclusive and it is being directed by Kojima would only give antis more ammunition to use against Snake.
What he is saying is, with the way he revealed silent hill(not sure if it is a sony exlusive,I think it might be multiplat), it shouldnt be put past kojima to leave snake as secret(I think he will be the last revealed though.)

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Sry for dropping off like that, internet went down.

Okay, I know this is short notice, but we should probably tweet in the next few hours if we're going to do this, since the interview is in 6 hours. I know a lot of normals on this thread are not going to see this, due to time zones, so they might not be awake to see this, but how about in 4 hours we tweet something to Geoff like "Be sure to ask Kojima about Snake being in the upcoming Smash Bros! #Snake4Smash4" or something like that. Since the interview begins in 6 hours, tweeting in 4 hours would give him 2 hours to see it, and if we tweet again if he asks people to tweet at him, we're probably bound to get some sort of response, unless Kojima specifically asked Geoff not to ask about it, which I doubt.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
If Snake is going to be announced, I'm sure they'll leave him to the last of the last of the last. Snuck in the final seconds of the last character reveal video.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Sry for dropping off like that, internet went down.

Okay, I know this is short notice, but we should probably tweet in the next few hours if we're going to do this, since the interview is in 6 hours. I know a lot of normals on this thread are not going to see this, due to time zones, so they might not be awake to see this, but how about in 4 hours we tweet something to Geoff like "Be sure to ask Kojima about Snake being in the upcoming Smash Bros! #Snake4Smash4" or something like that. Since the interview begins in 6 hours, tweeting in 4 hours would give him 2 hours to see it, and if we tweet again if he asks people to tweet at him, we're probably bound to get some sort of response, unless Kojima specifically asked Geoff not to ask about it, which I doubt.
So give me a time for when I should tweet.
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones COME OVER HERE. IT'S YOUR TIME TO SHINE.

If Snake is going to be announced, I'm sure they'll leave him to the last of the last of the last. Snuck in the final seconds of the last character reveal video.
A New User. Yay. Welcome to Smashboards.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I would tweet him but i am in class right now.

Last edited:

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
@ billys_dad billys_dad @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd I don't understand. what time is it. 7pm NST?
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ideo-kojima-guillermo-del-toro-collaboration/

According to this article, it starts at 8 PM CET, or 3:30 PM NST (if I my time info is correct, CET is 4 and a half hours ahead of NST) So I've been thinking we should tweet 4 hours before the interview, then again at 2 hours before the interview, or 2 hours after our first round of tweets, and again when the interview starts if Geoff asks for questions from the fans. This way, we'll do a minimum of 2 rounds of tweets that Geoff will probably see,

So for people in CST (most of you probably live in different time zones, so adjust it accordingly), tweet at 9 AM, 11 AM, and during the interview. Basically, tweet in 1 hour and 20 minutes, and again in 3 hours and 20 minutes. I know this is really short notice, but I found out about this interview today, and it's better to try than to not try at all. We won't get a confirmation, but we could get a no, or we could get Kojima trying to lie, which he sometimes fails to do because of how excited he is (like he is in the MGSV interviews.)

Even if we only get 3 or 4 people to tweet at Geoff, he's a journalist, who wants to ask good questions that people will quote the answers to in articles across the web. Smash is one of the biggest releases this year, and Snake being in it is still up in the air, so if we can just put the idea of the question in his head, the chances of him asking it are in our favor. This is just in case he hasn't already decided to ask about it, and the only reason I can see him not asking it unless directly from a fan, is that the interview is about Silent Hills and MGSV.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I would tweet him but i am in class right now.
Ohh I see your in the Schoolhouse

Have Fun with Sonic
:troll:

@ billys_dad billys_dad Well Snake has gotten alot more popular since the last Kojima interview. So we need to start tweeting about 2:30 to 3:00 pm today EST?

Last edited:

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
@ billys_dad billys_dad Well Snake has gotten alot more popular since the last Kojima interview. So we need to start tweeting about 2:30 to 3:00 pm today EST?
Well, if you live in Eastern Standard Time, the interview would have started, and would probably be near the part of the interview where he would turn to twitter questions, but if I'm wrong about anything, just remember to tweet in 1 hour from now (20 min has passed), 3 hours from now, and if Geoff asks for twitter questions, to tweet the question again (whether thats before the interview, or during)

I've been looking at different time zones for a while now, so I could be confused about a few of this, but my plan is to tweet in 1 hour, 3 hours, and again if Geoff asks. He'll probably make a tweet saying to ask him questions, so you probably won't have to watch the interview if you can't or don't want to. Again, sorry this is short notice, I would of tried to make a plan sooner if I knew about this interview.

If you can't tweet at any of these times, don't worry, but if you are available, try to tweet at geoff.
Remember to use the hashtag #Snake4Smash4 to make it seem professional

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
There's a veteran sale next week on eshop. MGS3D is on eshop. Would be a nice glimmer of hope.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They're starting the Q&A now, so hopefully we hear something.

http://www.twitch.tv/KONAMI

Also, only sort of related, but MGS5 is coming to Steam, complete with a steam-spewing cardboard box that makes train noises.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Barring a surprise reveal, doesn't seem like they'll be asking about Snake for Smash Bros.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Is it possible for snake to be revealed in the stream?

NVM the stream ended

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I think it ended, Geoff seemed to just end it after a microphone problem.
I only caught the end, don't know if smash bros was actually mentioned.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nope - I watched the whole thing, and it wasn't mentioned at all.

At least we got some new MGS5 gameplay - some of the stuff that was done in that (such as attaching a C4 to a jeep, using Fulton Recovery on the jeep to pull it into the air, and detonating the C4 to take out a helicopter) looked insane, and it really seems to be bringing back quirkiness to the series after how uncharacteristically dark Ground Zeroes was.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Shoot, something came up and I wasn't able to tweet during the Q&A, but I made sure to tweet before hand. Shame nothing happened though. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda losing hope in Snake, and thing that's keeping me hopeful is the fact that NIntendo announces directs the day before it actually happens, but if nothing happens soon, things are looking kind of dim.

Top Bottom