• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I haven't completely given up, I'm just at the point where whatever happens to Snake, I won't be surprised. The only thing that's putting the doubt in my mind is the fact that he hasn't been announced yet. I'll keep my computer background the same until we know whether or not he's in for sure. I've had it be this for about 3 weeks now.

Edit: Anyone know how to use the spoiler thing to hide parts of your post? Wanna hide this pic since it's pretty big.
I cant explain it. but brackets spoiler content here [/spoiler] be sure to include the brackets and the slash on the second spoiler

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Imagine if the day before the Japanese 3DS release when people given up hope on certain veterans not returning and then on that day they showcase about of question mark boxes on the Smash Bros sight and then bam... :snake:, :mewtwomelee:, :rob:, :wolf:, and :lucas: revealed! Basically save the characters people think are getting cut for last (they probably should have done that for :4myfriends:, :4lucario:, and :4tlink: also).

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if the day before the Japanese 3DS release when people given up hope on certain veterans not returning and then on that day they showcase about of question mark boxes on the Smash Bros sight and then bam... :snake:, :mewtwomelee:, :rob:, :wolf:, and :lucas: revealed! Basically save the characters people think are getting cut for last (they probably should have done that for :4myfriends:, :4lucario:, and :4tlink: also).
They should have cut Toon Link imo. I know I'll get flamed for that, but he's basically Dr. Mario clone level.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
They should have cut Toon Link imo. I know I'll get flamed for that, but he's basically Dr. Mario clone level.
For what i can tell he's slightly different from Link this time around. Everybody was worried about him being cut and there was an Outcry for some reason. Here's who i think he should be on the chopping block.
:4tlink:, :squirtle:, :ivysaur:, :wolf:, :jigglypuff:, :lucas:, :snake:
That's how i think it should be. As you all should know im Against character cuts all together, i want to see all the characters return. The reason why i put Snake last on the list is because Sakurai stated that Third Party Characters receive "Special Treatment". I also think the only reason lucas was added was to please Mr. Itoi and how popular Mother 3 was in Japan.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just gonna put the awesome music from the 8 bit metal gear games. They should be in smash 4.

Last edited:

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Hearing about Sakurai saying he wants to make it the #1 character game ever definitely brings my hopes back up. It all comes down to the next direct! Seriously, why does Nintendo have to announce it the day before it happens?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's just a thing over in Japan.
Ocelot must work out a lot. I kinda want to know his secret so I can look that fabulous when I'm seventy.
you want to be nippleless, wat

Oh, Japan.

Hearing about Sakurai saying he wants to make it the #1 character game ever definitely brings my hopes back up. It all comes down to the next direct! Seriously, why does Nintendo have to announce it the day before it happens?
*points a gun to your head*

WHERE DID YOU READ THIS

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
does anyone else want to see hideo kojima doing the "directly to you" thing in a future direct?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I haven't completely given up, I'm just at the point where whatever happens to Snake, I won't be surprised. The only thing that's putting the doubt in my mind is the fact that he hasn't been announced yet. I'll keep my computer background the same until we know whether or not he's in for sure. I've had it be this for about 3 weeks now.
Edit: Anyone know how to use the spoiler thing to hide parts of your post? Wanna hide this pic since it's pretty big.
I like your background. If we do chants and dance in circles we could revive Snake. We might want to sacrifice a few maidens while we're at it, just in case.
If we have a few more character reveal videos that I have high hopes of a nice little Snake surprise at the the end of one. I think he'll be revealed before the game, either way we'll know in September.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I like your background. If we do chants and dance in circles we could revive Snake. We might want to sacrifice a few maidens while we're at it, just in case.
If we have a few more character reveal videos that I have high hopes of a nice little Snake surprise at the the end of one. I think he'll be revealed before the game, either way we'll know in September.
Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself for Snake?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah hearing him reiterate that multiple times gives me at least some hope that he will go through the effort to give us as much as possible which includes snake.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
While we discussed this with the NA/PAL boxes. Would the Japanese Box have the other company logos on it as well?
Right now it would have to have Ubisoft (Rayman Trophy), Namco (Dev help/Pac-Man, Sega (Sonic), and Capcom (MegaMan) on there. Do they legally have to put them on the box or just within the credits?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Every day I lose hope. I am not as strong as all of you in this thread!
We're all holding on but at this point I think we have all come to if he doesn't make it back as well.
Though that will make his reveal that much more special if it happens.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
OH THANK GOD IM NOT ALONE IN THAT OPINION AMONGST ALLIES

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

forgot to add this to my previous post.
Another great theme from metal gear 2.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hi guys, I'm still here even if I haven't post for a while. All I want to say is... until September 11th, all can happen, so don't give up NOW!!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
For a Metal Gear stage on the Wii U, I think it would be cool if similar to Mega Man and Pac Man, that they would pull a stage out of a classic Metal Gear game. So we would get a stage like Outer Heaven or Zanzibar Land.:bluejump:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
For a Metal Gear stage on the Wii U, I think it would be cool if similar to Mega Man and Pac Man, that they would pull a stage out of a classic Metal Gear game. So we would get a stage like Outer Heaven or Zanzibar Land.:bluejump:
Not bad, but I think that he would be like Sonic: new stage on a version (Sonic:Wii U; Snake:3DS) and the Brawl one on the other (Sonic:3DS; Snake: Wii U, so I'm expecting somerhibg fron MGS3D for the 3DS (Sokrovenno Forest, please) ans Moses Island on Wii U.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Metal gear smash run enemies?
I'm guessing
Gun cameras
Cyphers
Gekkos
Tanks
Senator Armstrong

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
We mentioned it way back, but scarabs/dwarf gecko's would be excellent (they can show a lot of personality surprisingly)

It could walk in the trench coat form, and when hit they will all separate to attack.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I still think the best choice would be guards armed with super scopes and ray guns. No Metal Gear enemy is anywhere near as iconic as the guards themselves. But I could also see them going with Dwarf Gekkos or Cyphers I guess. Bear in mind that the third party series only get one enemy each as far as we've seen.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I still think the best choice would be guards armed with super scopes and ray guns. No Metal Gear enemy is anywhere near as iconic as the guards themselves. But I could also see them going with Dwarf Gekkos or Cyphers I guess. Bear in mind that the third party series only get one enemy each as far as we've seen.
Well Sonic Franchise got 2 Enemies Eggrobo and it's rumored that someone saw the EggPawn from Sonic Heroes at E3.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Well Sonic Franchise got 2 Enemies Eggrobo and it's rumored that someone saw the EggPawn from Sonic Heroes at E3.
It's also "rumored" that people saw a Chunky Kong AT, and we've seen no evidence of it in any of the hundreds of gameplay videos now online. Plus those two enemies look similar enough that they could easily be confused. Until we get hard evidence to the contrary, I would go ahead and assume that it's only one enemy per third party series.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's also "rumored" that people saw a Chunky Kong AT, and we've seen no evidence of it in any of the hundreds of gameplay videos now online. Plus those two enemies look similar enough that they could easily be confused. Until we get hard evidence to the contrary, I would go ahead and assume that it's only one enemy per third party series.
RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS

Damn, the Smash community has a rumor fetish.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I could have sworn I saw the Egg Pawn myself. But I watched Megaman in Smash run and the Eggrobo appeared constantly. What's the point in just having one why not 5 or 6?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
yeah, maybe we could have a stealth based smash run stage with guards, cyphers, gun cameras, hind Ds etc...

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I could have sworn I saw the Egg Pawn myself. But I watched Megaman in Smash run and the Eggrobo appeared constantly. What's the point in just having one why not 5 or 6?
I think Sakurai would prefer to keep the focus on enemies from Nintendo games. Maybe there will end up being more, but I think it's unlikely. I think we would have seen more by now if they were there, but maybe not.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I hate it when people say Snake does not fit in smash bros.

He seriously can't be in a game with characters like Mario and Kirby.

With that logic, We now have to cut Samus. Anything can fit into smash bros It is a crossover, mixing many contradicting styles and genres.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I hate it when people say Snake does not fit in smash bros.

He seriously can't be in a game with characters like Mario and Kirby.

With that logic, We now have to cut Samus. Anything can fit into smash bros It is a crossover, mixing many contradicting styles and genres.
I brought that up a couple of pages ago and ya it is extremely annoying. No one fits so everyone fits, people need to remember that. Never once did I find it weird that Snake was in Smash Bros, he fits fine with Samus, Ike, Link, Ganondorf, and ZSS.

Top Bottom