• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

No way, Minillions is real
Minions is probably going to be the 50th movie to break the $1 Billion dollar barrier.

...I was going to say more but i really don't have anything to say. good for them i guess.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think the Minions were really disliked until the release of their own film. Up until then they seemed to be legitimately popular sidekicks, and it was generally agreed that they worked best in small doses of screentime.

Though tbh I don't think Illumination's own track record of movies outside of the Despicable Me franchise have done the Minions any favors, either.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Current 10 Highest Grossing Films of all the Times
CE0D6D72-FC09-4974-86C2-3DF99221CEAD.jpeg

6 1/2 of these movies are Disney owned
2 of them are Universal owned
1/2 of one the movies is Paramount owned
and then Spidey is a Sony film

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If/when this show makes it to a Super robot wars game i hope this is one of the anime cutscenes that they copy paste into it this morphing scene was hype As ****

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like I said the other day, my biggest hope is some crossover content. There’s a lot of great clothing and weapon options, or even stages that would be a blast to have in the game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, time to tune in for more Splatoon 3 news tomorrow

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ok then. If you had to pick only one, which do you pick?
Alolan easily, because that was the version of Decidueye I was rooting for before Ultimate came out. I love the Hisuian version almost as much but given the choice between the two, I'd go with the OG in a heartbeat
Current 10 Highest Grossing Films of all the Times
View attachment 358335
6 1/2 of these movies are Disney owned
2 of them are Universal owned
1/2 of one the movies is Paramount owned
and then Spidey is a Sony film
And they say Disney doesn't have a monopoly

KillerCage

Smash Master
There's a couple issues but the Planet Hulk stuff feeling shoehorned in is definitely one of them (so there was some sort of portal to Saakar on Earth? Is that how Hulk ended up there?). Tonally I feel it's all over the place and that dramatic scenes don't have time to breath or are undercut by the non-stop joke attempts (I think more of them land though than in L&T). Also Hela suffers from the MCU curse of underdeveloped villains.

I also dislike that it kind of craps over much of what I thought was good about the first two Thor films. Pretty much the entire cast bar Thor/Loki is killed off with little attention/proper sendoff or doesn't show up at all in the case of Sif. It feels very off putting not to put more focus on that.
You summed up what was wrong with the Planet Hulk section better than I did. I also agree that Ragnarok dunking on the previous Thor movies was mean-spirited. I may not care for those films, but I would expected Ragnarok to at least respect them even if it was tongue and cheek. If anything, Ragnarok feels like The Last Jedi of the Thor franchise.

Alrighty, assuming no one signed up, AMAs are open for everyone again!

If you've gone 3 times before, you are now eligible for a 4th!

just lemme know via reply or PM if you'd like to be added to the list of future AMA subjects

In the meantime, the AMAs will be taking a two week hiatus. One week so people can sign up, and another to give myself a breather for a moment, lol. If I adhere to the schedule and stuff, the next AMA will be on August 22nd!
I got one thing to say:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So looking through some pieces of Jennette McCurdy's memoir, just got 2 things to say
  1. You are not obligated to love a family member
  2. It's ok to be happy that your abuser (or just someone who's a piece of ****) died.
This **** sad yo.
Really glad she seems to be doing better now, only heard bits and pieces but she deserves happiness after that hell

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder if I'm the only one who feels they might move Sonic 3 up or push it back to early 2025 (Either February, March or April) to avoid competition with Avatar 3.

Just a gut feeling I'm having and honestly I think that would be for the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom