• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
from beating Kingdom Hearts 3 to beating Final Fantasy 7 Remake…now onto that game’s dlc and I’ll wait until Rebirth to release to continue that journey

Noipoi

Howdy!

Been doing a lot of thinking.

I've always wanted to make cartoons. Of seeing something I made on TV or in theaters. And now I live a half-hour away from a college that's directly connected to one of the biggest animation institutions in the country. It should be a dream come true.

But the animation industry is going nuts. Even if I do get a show, who's to say it won't get scrapped after one season to make room for the Property Brothers: Reloaded? And that's assuming I get my foot in the door in the first place, which takes a lot of luck and knowing the right people.

I've been thinking, maybe it'd be better to pursue a less fickle career path. My family's always been kinda poor, nut now that we have a better house we need some long-term stable income or we're super screwed. Part-time jobs aren't gonna cut it. And perhaps I just wasn't meant to chase a dream.

Not to say I'm giving up art entirely, far from it. Maybe I could work on a comic or an indie cartoon on the side, and if it gets big I could do that full time. But maybe it shouldn't be my main focus, at least not right now.

Maybe it's time to start thinking less like an idealistic kid, and more like an adult.

Or maybe I'm just being a doomer today, I dunno. I've been kinda moody recently :drshrug:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I've always wanted to make cartoons. Of seeing something I made on TV or in theaters. And now I live a half-hour away from a college that's directly connected to one of the biggest animation institutions in the country. It should be a dream come true.

But the animation industry is going nuts. Even if I do get a show, who's to say it won't get scrapped after one season to make room for the Property Brothers: Reloaded? And that's assuming I get my foot in the door in the first place, which takes a lot of luck and knowing the right people.

I've been thinking, maybe it'd be better to pursue a less fickle career path. My family's always been kinda poor, nut now that we have a better house we need some long-term stable income or we're super screwed. Part-time jobs aren't gonna cut it. And perhaps I just wasn't meant to chase a dream.

Not to say I'm giving up art entirely, far from it. Maybe I could work on a comic or an indie cartoon on the side, and if it gets big I could do that full time. But maybe it shouldn't be my main focus, at least not right now.

Maybe it's time to start thinking less like an idealistic kid, and more like an adult.

Or maybe I'm just being a doomer today, I dunno. I've been kinda moody recently :drshrug:
Im not gonna say anything because im naturally pessimistic and a realist and id probanly make you feel worse lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I feel weird liking this, because I don't like this but I want to show support. So here I am, overexplaining myself.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Honestly, no shame in that man, haha. Besides, on the bright side, starting smaller can help you get your bearings. I initially went for big, ambitious projects, but since dialing them back, I've found that it's definitely benefitted me in the long run, haha. Keep goin' at it, and I'm sure you'll get into the animation industry someday. Cause you'd got some mad skill and vision, dude.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Think we may just need to play our cards right, and I doubt this mess will last forever, but know you have my support no matter what.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, no shame in that man, haha. Besides, on the bright side, starting smaller can help you get your bearings. I initially went for big, ambitious projects, but since dialing them back, I've found that it's definitely benefitted me in the long run, haha. Keep goin' at it, and I'm sure you'll get into the animation industry someday. Cause you'd got some mad skill and vision, dude.
Think we may just need to play our cards right, and I doubt this mess will last forever, but know you have my support no matter what.
Thanks dudes :198:

I dunno just felt like I needed to vent, had a rough day.

Sorry if I brought the mood down, we can get back to our regularly scheduled ****posting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

If I somehow make a massive breakthrough with my game dev major, I just wanna say that the offer is still up in that if I need assistance with art shtuff you can help if you wanna.

Now note that I am also poor and have no money but I know for a fact that I can't do all the stuff by myself, programming is where it's at and everything else is all over the place.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I somehow make a massive breakthrough with my game dev major, I just wanna say that the offer is still up in that if I need assistance with art shtuff you can help if you wanna.

Now note that I am also poor and have no money but I know for a fact that I can't do all the stuff by myself, programming is where it's at and everything else is all over the place.
Bro I'd help you out for twenty dollars and a happy meal. That's what homies do :4dk:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just one more week until splatoon 3. Just be aware of those people that get early copies and record the story mode.
giphy.gif

Screenshot_20220407-171204_Video Player.jpg

Top Bottom