• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Knuckles playthrough in Sonic Mania done

I don't think I ever actually beat this one, it has eay more unique elements than I expected (his mirage saloon act 1 is actually good unlike Sonic and Tails' version) and Knuckles is incredibly fun to use as always. Just Mighty and Ray left now

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Monkey’s paw, it’s Lego Aloy and not regular Aloy.
That’d be hilarious actually
Lego in Smash would be pretty peak tbh
The series' developer shows interest in that idea.

But my knowledge on the series is nonexistent so I don't know how it could work out.
Aloy has a lot of potential based on the first game, tho that probably expanded in Forbidden West (which I still gotta play)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that’s why the optional partner can only be recruited after chapter 4. Their powers are so strong they can bend the fabric of space and time:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but if feels like the entire Pokemon fandom just accepted that exp share is just here to stay. Like I can't remember any exp share arguments with Legends or SV, but I do remember BDSP having a lot of it. Progress?

Also side note, BDSP's exp share argument could have been avoided if they just put the bosses at their Platinum levels, which was a couple levels higher than their DP teams.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In the direct next week they'll show the Prime 4 logo just to announce they're restarting development again
What'll happen is:
  • We have some exciting news for Metroid fans!
  • A 4 pops up on screen
  • It then turns into "4-player co-op action returns!"
  • Presenting: Metroid Prime Federation Force HD

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Boys season 4 kicks off with countless mentions of “6 Months” and the Venom within me keeps running wild

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Remember when the Pokémon community had to deal with Genwunners?

Let's make sure that doesn't happen again.
Now we have to deal with people accusing anything that vaguely reminds us of Kanto of being Genwunner pandering.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched Iron Man 3

I have seen this movie 3 times and I am still not quite sure what my opinion on this movie is. There is a lot I like, it has some great action (When I can see it) it is funny and has a lot of interesting ideas I wish they embraced and expanded upon more in the MCU that they just dropped after this movie (Tony's PTSD and Harley specifically) The final act is kinda whatever and the main villain is one of the weirdest aged things in the entire MCU considering how Shang-chi happened years later.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Knuckles playthrough in Sonic Mania done

I don't think I ever actually beat this one, it has eay more unique elements than I expected (his mirage saloon act 1 is actually good unlike Sonic and Tails' version) and Knuckles is incredibly fun to use as always. Just Mighty and Ray left now
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but Mighty and Ray don't have an Egg Reverie fight so you can ignore the emeralds if you want

Also bruh we're getting a Guilty Gear anime, that's so goddamn cool

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fun fact: canonically, this is the very first time Adult Bowser appears in the series.

Also Mario can do the same too, of course both were never explained nor ever brought up again.
I normally don’t care that the Mario franchise generally doesn't concern itself with story and continuity, but there are times when it gets a bit ridiculous.

Yoshi’s New Island is one of those times.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Fun fact: canonically, this is the very first time Adult Bowser appears in the series.

Also Mario can do the same too, of course both were never explained nor ever brought up again.
Not to be that guy, but...

And I'm discounting the non-platformers :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I normally don’t care that the Mario franchise generally doesn't concern itself with story and continuity, but there are times when it gets a bit ridiculous.

Yoshi’s New Island is one of those times.
There was no reason for them to retcon the ending of the original Yoshi's Island, especially since it ended exactly how the original did.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but Mighty and Ray don't have an Egg Reverie fight so you can ignore the emeralds if you want
Well Tails and Knuckles don't have it either but now I'm good enough at those stages to beat them on my first try and I'd rather be able to demolish certain bosses than not so I think I'm still gonna collect the emeralds

Last edited:
Top Bottom