• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Those of you who like to play Valve games on a Mac may want to get Windows soon.

Steamdb is showing that Mac support is being removed from all Valve titles.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Plumber's Academy 3.png

This scene from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! still makes me ask questions about the Wario lookalike. It may sound strange, but I personally believe the resemblance between the two is just a crazy coincidence when you look at the facts:
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! and the episode this scene is from aired in 1989
  • The show did not air in Japan
  • The show clearly did not make an impact on any of the Mario games that came out afterwards or the franchise as a whole (2023 movie aside)
  • Wario's debut video game was Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins in 1992
  • The first time Wario was depicted wearing a short sleeve shirt was in Wario Land II in 1998
I'd really love to know the story behind all of this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 390967

This scene from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! still makes me ask questions about the Wario lookalike. It may sound strange, but I personally believe the resemblance between the two is just a crazy coincidence when you look at the facts:
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! and the episode this scene is from aired in 1989
  • The show did not air in Japan
  • The show clearly did not make an impact on any of the Mario games that came out afterwards or the franchise as a whole (2023 movie aside)
  • Wario's debut video game was Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins in 1992
  • The first time Wario was depicted wearing a short sleeve shirt was in Wario Land II in 1998
I'd really love to know the story behind all of this.
One of the character designers had a prophetic vision of Wario and he had to tell the world

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I witnessed a man get carjacked and then shot like seven times earlier today. They only hit his hand and legs because he was hiding behind the bushes next to my office door.

After going home from being interviewed by news and police I’m just gonna go to bed man. I ain’t even that shook by it, it’s just a Wednesday afternoon in Memphis :thedorf:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WWE superstar and United States Champion Logan Paul trying to bring America together is not what I asked for in 2024

Noipoi

Howdy!
I witnessed a man get carjacked and then shot like seven times earlier today. They only hit his hand and legs because he was hiding behind the bushes next to my office door.

After going home from being interviewed by news and police I’m just gonna go to bed man. I ain’t even that shook by it, it’s just a Wednesday afternoon in Memphis :thedorf:
****, that sounds awful man. I’m sorry you had to see that, and I’m sorry for that guy too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****, that sounds awful man. I’m sorry you had to see that, and I’m sorry for that guy too.
Newscasters were asking me weird questions like “Did you close early because of it?”, as I’m clocking out three hours after it happened.

Almost had the gall to say “The **** do you think?” :202:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if Nico’s skin change gets explained

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Midori is being revealed as a guy with MCU mixed with Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil levels of lore

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Midori is being revealed as a guy with MCU mixed with Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil levels of lore
Thoughts:
1. Rumor culture in the VG industry continues to be really weird.
2. It's kind of Social Media 101 to not believe anything behind the profile pic. This should be especially obvious if it's an account that focuses on trade secrets.
3. A Persona rumor account is using a fake persona? You can't make this up.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
The show clearly did not make an impact on any of the Mario games that came out afterwards or the franchise as a whole (2023 movie aside)
I would argue that it might have informed Luigi's modern personality.

It wasn't exactly the first time he was depicted as timid and cautious, but it was probably the most notable example pre-Luigi's Mansion.
Last wave of Paper Mario TTYD icons is here.

Mario and almost all his partners are here! sorry Bobbery fans
Weird that Bobbery didn't get a second one like any of the others, but I grabbed the one from last week so I'm good.

Also kinda disappointed that we didn't get a Flavio pfp.
fc4d9b57-8191-4ef2-b977-387a2f869565-profile_banner-480~2.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pyoro would never
it’s always weird how we got men pretending to be women just to make art or spread inside info
Thoughts:
1. Rumor culture in the VG industry continues to be really weird.
2. It's kind of Social Media 101 to not believe anything behind the profile pic. This should be especially obvious if it's an account that focuses on trade secrets.
3. A Persona rumor account is using a fake persona? You can't make this up.
that’s some Ikutski/Adachi/Akechi type **** right there

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also if I had a nickel for every time an uwu Japanese Girl on Twitter got exposed for actually being an American guy larping as one, I'd have... um...

Well lets say Bezos and Musk won't be able compare to me

also I don't get it why are people so obsessed with being a Japanese girl

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

Stan confirmed. It's his 4Apocalypse design with the multiple red heads and stigmatas.
GRAAAAGH I STILL NEED TO BEAT THOUSAND MID DOOR WHEN I'M LIKE HALFWAY THROUGH CHAPTER 6 AND MY BACKLOG AS A WHOLE IS MASSIVE BUT THIS IS SO GODDAMN GOOD I STILL NEED TO EVEN BOOT UP SOUL HACKERS 2 OR DQM DARK PRINCE BUT NOW I FEEL I SHOULD AT LEAST BUY THIS TO GET AROUND TO IT

probably gonna get the Switch version cause goddamn has portability mattered a lot for me these past few years even if there's no way it doesn't look ****ing disgusting lmaoooooo

Shroob

Sup?
GRAAAAGH I STILL NEED TO BEAT THOUSAND MID DOOR WHEN I'M LIKE HALFWAY THROUGH CHAPTER 6 AND MY BACKLOG AS A WHOLE IS MASSIVE BUT THIS IS SO GODDAMN GOOD I STILL NEED TO EVEN BOOT UP SOUL HACKERS 2 OR DQM DARK PRINCE BUT NOW I FEEL I SHOULD AT LEAST BUY THIS TO GET AROUND TO IT

probably gonna get the Switch version cause goddamn has portability mattered a lot for me these past few years even if there's no way it doesn't look ****ing disgusting lmaoooooo
1718234331573800.jpg

You apparently have to beat the Creation Route's True Neutral route first, then it unlocks a special super bossfight on the Vengeance Route.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 390979

You apparently have to beat the Creation Route's True Neutral route first, then it unlocks a special super bossfight on the Vengeance Route.
ARGGGGGH DO I NEED TO DO THAT AGAIN **** MEEEEEEE I JUST WANNA BEAT THE **** OUTTA HIM

At least replaying that should be hell of a lot faster cause I can just skip cutscenes and already know a fair bunch but still, that's god knows how long unless I can somehow transfer save data which I'm pretty sure I can't do

Shroob

Sup?
ARGGGGGH DO I NEED TO DO THAT AGAIN ** MEEEEEEE I JUST WANNA BEAT THE ** OUTTA HIM

At least replaying that should be hell of a lot faster cause I can just skip cutscenes and already know a fair bunch but still, that's god knows how long unless I can somehow transfer save data which I'm pretty sure I can't do
You can get him as a party member too. You need Lucifer-Blue(Yep, he's obtainable) and apparently Samael.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My right Joy-con is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting from my console. It has been doing it for a while but now it is basically unusable.

Can Nintendo please announce that Switch 2 soon so I now whether or not to actually invest in a new joy-con or just wait for the new things?

Last edited:
Top Bottom