• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As much as I liked the 2020 Battletoads reboot, I do hope that if we get another Battletoads game it is not only a reboot but also like... a continuity reset. Like, go back to the beginning and retell their origins. The jokes about how their story doesn't make sense in 2020 kinda bothered me so why not make it clearer and smooth out a few details. Also, while I liked how expressive the game's animation was, I do NOT want to hear people complaining about it a second time so how about we use an art style inspired by Rash's design in Killer Instinct? Some of the new costume elements can be kept though, I like how they make the Toads outfits even more different.

Also give us a fourth Toad who's a girl named Blemish and make her a Lesbian who's just as smitten with Princess Angelica as the boy Toads are, please and thank you.

Plus bring back more of the classic bad guys! The only character from the old games in 2020 besides the toads was the Dark Queen! Where's Big Blag or General Slaughter or Robo Manus or Silias Volkmere or Karnath? A retelling/re-imagining of the origin would give us plenty of opportunity to bring them all back! Not to mention the afformentioned allies of the Toads who were also absent. Professor T. Bird, Princess Angelica, Yuriko and Michiko Tashoku, nowhere to be found! I'm not saying the characters from the reboot should be dropped entierly though. I'd love to see Porkshank and Axley redesigned and added to the classic lineup of bad guys. But we need more of the old guys back too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As much as I liked the 2020 Battletoads reboot, I do hope that if we get another Battletoads game it is not only a reboot but also like... a continuity reset. Like, go back to the beginning and retell their origins. The jokes about how their story doesn't make sense in 2020 kinda bothered me so why not make it clearer and smooth out a few details. Also, while I liked how expressive the game's animation was, I do NOT want to hear people complaining about it a second time so how about we use an art style inspired by Rash's design in Killer Instinct? Some of the new costume elements can be kept though, I like how they make the Toads outfits even more different.
Okay some interesting ideas here-
Also give us a fourth Toad who's a girl named Blemish and make her a Lesbian who's just as smitten with Princess Angelica as the boy Toads are, please and thank you.
Never its self insert fanfiction :239:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay some interesting ideas here-

Never its self insert fanfiction :239:
The idea arose organically I'll have you know. Back when I was first coming up with ideas for a Battletoads reboot in the days of Killer Instinct's reboot I reasoned that they needed a fourth Toad because 4 player co-op is gaming tradition these days. I figured a girl toad would be nice, and I figured if she was a lesbian they wouldn't have to write her significantly differently from the male characters. In my mind I was trying to avoid her becoming another love interest or something. Plus I wasn't even a woman at the time. That didn't happen till college. The name Blemish came from a wiki page on Fantendo for a hypothetical "Battletoads 64" which proposed it as the name for a fourth Toad so I ran with it.

Plus like... I can want a character I would identify with/relate to in a game without it being self insert fanfic.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The idea arose organically I'll have you know. Back when I was first coming up with ideas for a Battletoads reboot in the days of Killer Instinct's reboot I reasoned that they needed a fourth Toad because 4 player co-op is gaming tradition these days. I figured a girl toad would be nice, and I figured if she was a lesbian they wouldn't have to write her significantly differently from the male characters. In my mind I was trying to avoid her becoming another love interest or something. Plus I wasn't even a woman at the time. That didn't happen till college. The name Blemish came from a wiki page on Fantendo for a hypothetical "Battletoads 64" which proposed it as the name for a fourth Toad so I ran with it.

Plus like... I can want a character I would identify with/relate to in a game without it being self insert fanfic.
Wassat? Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.

Too busy reading your 300+ chapter Battletoads OC/Princess Angelica fanfic “Warts and All” :nifty:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't a lot of fanfiction in today's world be like Twilight, quality wise?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While we’re on the subject, I actually had my own thoughts for a Battletoads reboot with the same idea with of the Killer Instinct style as well as a female 4th character, though this one was named Mole and was an abandoned clone of the Dark Queen in an attempt to extend her life but the clone gained a consciousness of her own and stopped rapidly aging as a teenager. The Toads would take her in as an adoptive sister and she’d use her inherited dark powers to perform attacks and moves similar to her amphibious brothers but with her own punk rock flair to them.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While we’re on the subject, I actually had my own thoughts for a Battletoads reboot with the same idea with of the Killer Instinct style as well as a female 4th character, though this one was named Mole and was an abandoned clone of the Dark Queen in an attempt to extend her life but the clone gained a consciousness of her own and stopped rapidly aging as a teenager. The Toads would take her in as an adoptive sister and she’d use her inherited dark powers to perform attacks and moves similar to her amphibious brothers but with her own punk rock flair to them.
Mole can be the 5th toad.

Also playable Princess Angelica. Give her the River City Girls 2 Marian treatment

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to continue Half-Life 2, and I can almost immediately see why I stopped. The first person vehicle segments are rough, especially when the hovercraft controls are super slippery.

I'll try to keep going with it, though. (I'm guessing Episodes 1 and 2 aren't as long as the original Half-Life 2; I haven't beaten any games in this series before)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I decided to continue Half-Life 2, and I can almost immediately see why I stopped. The first person vehicle segments are rough, especially when the hovercraft controls are super slippery.

I'll try to keep going with it, though. (I'm guessing Episodes 1 and 2 aren't as long as the original Half-Life 2; I haven't beaten any games in this series before)
Yeah the vehicle segments can be rough, especially if you aren't used to the controls. But stick with it because the best segments in the game are after them. And yeah, Episode 1 and 2 are absolutely shorter and because of that I think in some cases (especially in ep2) they can be stronger experiences than Base 2. (Although Base 2 is still probably my favorite)

(I have played this series more times than is probably healthy.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also y'all know that means at least 5 Matrix references and 2 John Wick shoutouts
I can’t wait for the scene where Sonic and Shadow are fighting and then Gun agents go to shoot Maddie’s dog and Sonic goes

“They’re going to John Wick the dog,” before shadow rushes in and saves the day because he doesn’t support dogs being caught in the line of fire.

Then they become best friends

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I waz looking through Japanese twitter accounts and I found the best thing ever
SmartSelect_20240415_235339_X.jpg

"I want a bank account"

"Get your social security number and come back"

"I want a social security number"

"I can only recive it by mail, so rent an apartment first" (im assumeing they mean you can only get the card by mail so they need a residence)

"i want to rent an apartment"

"I wont lend money to someone who doesnt even have a bank account"

Top Bottom