• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Also, for some reason a cartoon based on a children's book series I loved as a kid when I lived in the UK is suddenly ****ing everywhere on twitter, does anyone know how the hell Americans found Horrid Henry and are discoursing about it?
Well DANG I wasn't expecting that sucker punch of nostalgia when I logged back on. I remember that show - the books even moreso.

As for your question, well I do remember the Mysterious Mr Enter uploaded a (not too positive) video on it that occasionally floated into my recs, but I dunno how recent that was before the current trend. Perhaps his video prompted everyone to look into the show to see how bad it was OR how wrong Enter was.

Theme song is a banger by the way.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Definitely getting harder and harder to not skip ahead in One Piece. I only just started the Thriller Bark arc this weekend. 700+ more chapters to go...

I mostly read the series as motivation when I exercise on a treadmill or bike, so I'm only averaging about 8 chapters per session.

With that attempt of a joke of yours, I must say this.
I made a mistake.
More or less my thoughts on the matter.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Definitely getting harder and harder to not skip ahead in One Piece. I only just started the Thriller Bark arc this weekend. 700+ more chapters to go...

I mostly read the series as motivation when I exercise on a treadmill or bike, so I'm only averaging about 8 chapters per session.
Don't skip ahead under any circumstance, those later chapters don't hit as hard without the context of everything that came before

osby

Smash Obsessed
One Piece is weird because I saw a ton of people getting really interested in the series and looking for a way to quickly "get to the good stuff" that everyone hypes.

On the one hand, I don't blame people for getting intimidated by the gargantuan chapter count but I also lowkey blame the binge culture for making so many new fans think they should finish the series as fast as possible. Just read at a pace you're comfortable with - though I agree that earlier chapters are not fluff you're supposed to bear with: a lot of them are just as good as what follows them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well DANG I wasn't expecting that sucker punch of nostalgia when I logged back on. I remember that show - the books even moreso.

As for your question, well I do remember the Mysterious Mr Enter uploaded a (not too positive) video on it that occasionally floated into my recs, but I dunno how recent that was before the current trend. Perhaps his video prompted everyone to look into the show to see how bad it was OR how wrong Enter was.

Theme song is a banger by the way.
From what I remember of Enter it's probably the latter, dude's absolute trash lmao, glad he's known as the 9/11 guy now

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Started reading Dragon Ball to pay respect to the GOAT Toriyama. As I said before I have watched the OG Dragon Ball anime and Z Abridged, but never the original Z series so in light of Toriyama's passing I wanted to go through the entire thing from start to finish and manga is probably the better medium for it.

Anyway it's very funny so far, I feel like I didn't really appreciate those jokes originally but they land for me better now

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Started reading Dragon Ball to pay respect to the GOAT Toriyama. As I said before I have watched the OG Dragon Ball anime and Z Abridged, but never the original Z series so in light of Toriyama's passing I wanted to go through the entire thing from start to finish and manga is probably the better medium for it.

Anyway it's very funny so far, I feel like I didn't really appreciate those jokes originally but they land for me better now
If you ever actually do DBZ, read the manga or watch Z Kai. The OG DBZ is filler heavy and the dub (english, idk on other languages) is terrible

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you ever actually do DBZ, read the manga or watch Z Kai. The OG DBZ is filler heavy and the dub (english, idk on other languages) is terrible
Yeah the plan is to read the whole manga from the original to the Buu saga (dunno about Super, most likely not gonna go that far). In the Manga Plus app they're grouped together as just Dragon Ball, which is how it should be

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah the plan is to read the whole manga from the original to the Buu saga (dunno about Super, most likely not gonna go that far). In the Manga Plus app they're grouped together as just Dragon Ball, which is how it should be
Yeah that's the way to go. That also puts you in the top 1% of DB fans of actually reading the source material instead of a terrible 90s dub or abridged.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah that's the way to go. That also puts you in the top 1% of DB fans of actually reading the source material instead of a terrible 90s dub or abridged.
I'm already on top of most of them by virtue of having seen the OG anime and knowing why Tien is the GOAT

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A documentary exploring behind the scenes going ons of Nickelodeon’s live action stuff from the 90s/early 2000s came out recently.

I haven’t watched it myself, but based on some reactions I’ve seen, it ain’t pretty.

The contents of the documentary that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ---

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A documentary exploring behind the scenes going ons of Nickelodeon’s live action stuff from the 90s/early 2000s came out recently.

I haven’t watched it myself, but based on some reactions I’ve seen, it ain’t pretty.

The contents of the documentary that is.
All I heard about it is someone pointing out the cycle of abuse, Drake Bell got sexually abused when working on Drake and Josh and he repeated that on a kid iirc. Just goes to show that hurt people well, hurt more people

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In lighter news:

Poohniverse Monsters Assemble was announced.

A film combining horror versions of public domain characters.

Who had this on their bingo cards?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
One Piece is weird because I saw a ton of people getting really interested in the series and looking for a way to quickly "get to the good stuff" that everyone hypes.

On the one hand, I don't blame people for getting intimidated by the gargantuan chapter count but I also lowkey blame the binge culture for making so many new fans think they should finish the series as fast as possible. Just read at a pace you're comfortable with - though I agree that earlier chapters are not fluff you're supposed to bear with: a lot of them are just as good as what follows them.
I just read the synopsis for chapters on mangas if the manga is too long for me to read lol

osby

Smash Obsessed

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's sad that the only thing people are capable of making these days with public domain items is horror nonsense.
It's cheap and easy to make whereas passion projects with a love of the original would naturally take a hell of a lot longer. At best, give it time. At worst, be the change you want to see

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Just read the newest One Piece chapter.

It continues the hot streak of the last couple chapters, I have no idea what to expect anymore, but it's pure hype
I still can't believe that we are about to see all 5 of the Gorosei in action. :eek:

Last edited:

Yoshun

Smash Rookie
Do yall like pancakes or waffles? Me personally, I love pancakes. The soft texture combined with maple syrup is delicious :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Take this with a huge grain of salt because I heave no idea how accurate the source has been, but stumbled across a new animal crossing game rumor:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Reactions: Z25

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This modder was speculating that the Battlefront remasters used their mod to port the Xbox-exclusive heroes to the game. They were right.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think it's possible that we could get a Mario game containing reference(s) to the Mario movie (big or small).

Detective Pikachu Returns had a couple for its movie.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's worse about all these horror movie adaptations aren't even trying to be clever or original with their takes on the now Public Domain material.

It's just being edgy and "adult" for the sheer sake of it.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Last edited:
Top Bottom