• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Truth time, I've kinda had a soft spot for the Patrat line for a while.

Like I didn't pay it much mind at first and I know as well as any Pokemon fan that it's a garbage line but...Once upon a time I was trying to do a run where I caught every Pokemon in the dex before each gym, and after a lot of grinding my Snivy was kinda weak. Then out of the blue comes Bianca for a rival battle when I feel completely unprepared. In a desperate move, I pulled out my Patrat, despite knowing it wasn't a strong Pokemon. I hoped that it would get a couple flinches to knock out her Oshawott and save me from a humiliating early-game defeat.

It got the flinches.

I loved that damn Patrat, man.
There's a car with a patrat plush looking out the back window I see every time I bike home from work.

Patrat fans are out there. You've just got to look.

It's like bidoof but for hipsters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They actually hired me to do the art for Pokken 2
Oh man, most hyped game of 2058.

Side note, imo it would be a good investment if you learn how to animate. Your artstyle gives me vibes off those lower budget (read: like the flash animated shows) Nicktoons that aired when we were kids. And idk, it would be cool seeing them in motion

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

StormC

Smash Hero
I didn't totally love Boy And The Heron, but I can't be mad it won over Spider-Verse 2 which I feel has a lot of baggage as a production.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Across the Spider-Verse is probably my favorite movie I've ever seen but considering the production issues and how much of a milestone Boy and the Heron is for one of the most legendary names in animation, I think it deserved the award more. Plus it's an amazing movie in its own right

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I didn't mind Kung Fu Panda 4 but this version would have been vastly superior for sure regarding 14. and 15.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Across the Spider-Verse is probably my favorite movie I've ever seen but considering the production issues and how much of a milestone Boy and the Heron is for one of the most legendary names in animation, I think it deserved the award more. Plus it's an amazing movie in its own right
It legit does, and people gotta stop throwing tantrums that Spidey lost.

Like so much for the animation is cinema crowd

osby

Smash Obsessed
Update:

Multiversus returns May 28. The entire game was rebuilt in Unreal Engine 5.

No new characters were shown off, but stages from Powerpuff Girls and Dexter’s Lab were revealed.
The visual changes are cool - the characters already looked fine to me but the effects needed some serious touch-up. New stages are also more exciting to me than new fighters at the moment (though I don't mind if one of them leads to Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup becoming playable). I'm most interested in the part where they'll change the movesets. I can think up a few characters who can benefit from it.

Either way, I'm glad this game is returning. It was obvious for a while but it's always nice to get a release date so close.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It legit does, and people gotta stop throwing tantrums that Spidey lost.

Like so much for the animation is cinema crowd
I'm not gonna lie part of me is also glad that it didn't win because the people getting most of the credit for it would be Phil Lord and Chris Miller since they're the big names attached, and after the production fiasco I don't think they deserve it. It would probably sting even more for the actual artists involved

Top Bottom