• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mario Movie 2. The Koopalings and Bowser Jr. show up and kidnap Peach, as well as rescuing Bowser from his bottle, and they hold her hostage at Isle Delfino. Mario and Luigi missed this big setpiece because they were out exploring with Toad and discovering the recently hatched capital Y Yoshi and when they get back they find the kingdom in ruins. Peach's assistant Toadsworth gives them some exposition about what happened and they decide to rescue her, but they need help. And they can't get it from the Kongs, they're dealing with their own Reptile Problem wink wink. But now that you mention it, they do remember that Peach had plans to visit a far off kingdom called Sarasaland that she had heard about but never visited before and establish diplomatic relations there. Maybe they can help. They go there, meet Daisy, Luigi is dumbstruck with love (boo hoo to the people who ship him with Bowser for some reason), and she agrees to help them if they can get rid of a pest who has been turning her citizens into bricks and grasses. King Wart! In a small diversion equal in length to the Ring of Kong segment, they work together and beat up Wart (and Yoshi falls in love with his minion Birdo in the process, Mario notices this and facepalms because two of his companions have met a girl and become ga-ga with love in the same trip) and they all set off to Isle Delfino to save Peach. We've been having small seens at the Isle this whole time showing Peach navigating this hostage crisis and trying to escape, but also just showing Bowser being a good dad with his kids at an ammusement park. The group shows up, Bowser Jr. uses his paintbrush to make Petey Piranha happen as well as many Shadow Marios, and the Koopas flee with Peach to the top of the Volcano. They fight, they fight, fight and fight and fight! fight fight fight fight fight fight! The Mario and Bowser Show! sorry. The climactic showdown at the top of the volcano happens with the entire team working together to take down all the Koopa Kids and Fury Bowser (thanks to his sons paint), as a thematic callback to their flawed (yet still successful) fight with Wart earlier and they win and it's happy! Bowser and his kids are sent blasting off again, though Peach has some newfound empathy for the big guy after seeing him with his kids, and they all go back to the mushroom kingdom. A post-credit sceen shows that all is not sunshine back in brooklyn however! Two shady characters have been impersonating Mario and Luigi! And we end on the iconic laughs of the Wario Bros.
Paragraphs are your friend

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just got back from seeing Kung Fu Panda 4.

And I have to say those 8 years of writing for a new trilogy definitely held up. Not as good as the first two, and I'd put this one on par with the third. Appreciate that they still treat the characters still with the respect they deserve unlike what Ice Age had done turning them into bumbling buffoons.

Granted I did find the film a tad predictable.

Zhen mentioning a master foreshadowing her loyalty to the film's villain The Chameleon but it was executed well enough that I didn't mind it.

Also bringing back Po's previous three villains. Though kind of a case of nostalgia, wasn't too forced in your face. Though I do wonder why they decided to return to the spirit world rather then stay in the physical world? My guess is they find the spirit world more enjoyable to live and don't want to grow old by the time they enter it again.

Surprised how chill Tai Lung was with Po. Lol.

That said, a worthy installment and here's to hoping the next two keeps the same quality.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Zhen mentioning a master foreshadowing her loyalty to the film's villain The Chameleon but it was executed well enough that I didn't mind it.

Also bringing back Po's previous three villains. Though kind of a case of nostalgia, wasn't too forced in your face. Though I do wonder why they decided to return to the spirit world rather then stay in the physical world? My guess is they find the spirit world more enjoyable to live and don't want to grow old by the time they enter it again.

Surprised how chill Tai Lung was with Po. Lol.
My personal theory is that enough time in the spirit realm sort of humbled them, and made them reflect in their mortal lives. And while they’re not all enlightened good guys now, they’re a little more chill and not really interested in conquest anymore.

The only bump in this theory is Kai, who spent a gazillion years in the spirit realm and was still hellbent on revenge. Maybe getting blown up by a panda changed his mind.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My personal theory is that enough time in the spirit realm sort of humbled them, and made them reflect in their mortal lives. And while they’re not all enlightened good guys now, they’re a little more chill and not really interested in conquest anymore.

The only bump in this theory is Kai, who spent a gazillion years in the spirit realm and was still hellbent on revenge. Maybe getting blown up by a panda changed his mind.
Also didn't Kai like die-die? He died in the spirit world, how was he back unless those in the spirit world only temporary die but then come back shortly after?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only thing I want from Mario Movie 2 is Daisy and a Yoshi rap song

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though I do feel they missed a real oppotunity.

Tai Lung should've been given a redemption arc where he actually teamed up with Po and Zhen with the Chameleon and Shifu should've come and before departing, he would've apologized to Shifu making amends with him.

But instead we have him being this chill dude stuck in a cage...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was also worried at first during Po and Zhen's first encounter, that he would be made a joke to prop her up only for, no, Po is still HIM and the best, helped demonstrated by the ending with him being the one to deal the final blow and was indeed capable of defeating Chameleon seeing as despite having gained the fighting skill, she was still highly inexperienced to an extent.

Thank god they didn't do that.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's cool, if the author doesn't divide their writing into paragraphs I will just simply not read it
Oh come on! It's not that much text. If I were writing an actual essay it would be an actual paragraph. What's wrong with big blocks of text, do they strain your eyes or something? Why do I need to seperate my posts into text message style brackets to get people to read them, I was summarizing an imaginary movie fir pete's sake! I had a lot to say!

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Oh come on! It's not that much text. If I were writing an actual essay it would be an actual paragraph. What's wrong with big blocks of text, do they strain your eyes or something? Why do I need to seperate my posts into text message style brackets to get people to read them, I was summarizing an imaginary movie fir pete's sake! I had a lot to say!
it proabably doesn't help your dark pink text color is hard to read in general, cause it blends in with the background

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's wrong with big blocks of text, do they strain your eyes or something?
Yes, that’s actually the problem. It all just kinda blurs together and looks weird in my vision.

Just a little break in the sentences here and there wouldn’t be too much to ask, would it?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Once the Tuesday update drops, every NSO console except the Genesis will have gotten an update this year (the last update for Genesis was in June 2023)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm using mobile, and that causes the text to be condensed into a chunky paragraph with no breaks. Ad someone who gets easily overwhelmed this makes yout post very difficult to read.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Toadsworth is just a Toad with glasses and a Stache smh. Mario characters should go back to original designs like Paper Mario....

Wait...

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Truth time, I've kinda had a soft spot for the Patrat line for a while.

Like I didn't pay it much mind at first and I know as well as any Pokemon fan that it's a garbage line but...Once upon a time I was trying to do a run where I caught every Pokemon in the dex before each gym, and after a lot of grinding my Snivy was kinda weak. Then out of the blue comes Bianca for a rival battle when I feel completely unprepared. In a desperate move, I pulled out my Patrat, despite knowing it wasn't a strong Pokemon. I hoped that it would get a couple flinches to knock out her Oshawott and save me from a humiliating early-game defeat.

It got the flinches.

I loved that damn Patrat, man.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what’s everyone’s prediction for the Multiversus return video tomorrow?

Top Bottom