• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Noipoi Noipoi Jondolio Jondolio TheMightyP TheMightyP Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms @TheCJBrine @Mamboo07 @Freezerburn @AGuestUser
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Forgot to post this yesterday. Admittedly I gave up on the template on mobile and lazily used tier maker for this.

View attachment 386129

This is for a platform fighter I had in mind, I don’t expect everyone to be in base, and I came up with movesets for everyone here, feel free to ask me about which ones you guys wanna hear. (Yes Plusle and Minun are meant to be one character)
Since we were trying to accomplish different goals, our rosters are understandably different. This is good for your purposes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi Jondolio Jondolio TheMightyP TheMightyP Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms @TheCJBrine @Mamboo07 @Freezerburn @AGuestUser

Forgot to post this yesterday. Admittedly I gave up on the template on mobile and lazily used tier maker for this.

View attachment 386129

This is for a platform fighter I had in mind, I don’t expect everyone to be in base, and I came up with movesets for everyone here, feel free to ask me about which ones you guys wanna hear. (Yes Plusle and Minun are meant to be one character)
The Alola representation seems a bit lacking, but this is pretty damn good.

Tell me what the Wooloo do.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Voice actor TARAKO passed away at 63.

She played Maruko in Chibi Maruko-Chan along numerous other roles.

May she rest in piece.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The Alola representation seems a bit lacking, but this is pretty damn good.

Tell me what the Wooloo do.
Wooloo
A lightweight defensive focused fighter, its stubby limbs and lack of immediate range options require it to get in close to do any damage but its great grounded movement and speed make it good at getting out of dangerous situations and finding new openings to get in. Its Fluffy wool coat gives it decent bulk against moves that make contact.

Neutral: Facade, Wooloo jumps backwards to put on a brave face and does a jumping roll. The attack does more damage if Wooloo has been inflicted with a status condition like burn/poison.

Side: Take Down, Wooloo rolls into the air at fast speeds, hitting anyone in its path. A pretty strong attack with high knockback due to the bounce of its cotton but does recoil damage.

Up: Cotton Guard, the grounded version has Wooloo cloak itself in more cotton, raising its Defense. Wooloo can sacrifice this defense and create a large cotton ball using the command again. The ball does passive damage and slightly slows down the opponent but can be hit around to do more damage and be combined with certain attacks/effects. This move can rid Wooloo of status conditions and transfer them onto the cotton ball.
If used in the air, Wooloo will float upwards wrapped in more cotton and the buff doesn’t take effect until it lands back on the ground. Does no damage.

Down: Thunder Wave, Wooloo shoots out ring shaped projectiles that paralyze the opponent. Wooloo can run/roll onto the rings before they hit an opponent to electrify its wool with static. It can also electrify its cotton ball projectile and hit it to make a makeshift Electro Ball and Take Down becomes Wild Charge which would paralyze opponents on hit.

Critical Hit (FS Equivalent): Max Strike, Wooloo jumps into the background and transforms into its Dynamax form. With a reticle aimed, Wooloo rolls over its opponent as a pillar of light emerges from beneath them.

Yeah had a couple Alola mon (well every generation had a few cutting room floor characters) on the cutting room floor, but yeah I could see a couple more added, like an UB. Who’d you think would fit? (Aside from the obvious)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wooloo
A lightweight defensive focused fighter, its stubby limbs and lack of immediate range options require it to get in close to do any damage but its great grounded movement and speed make it good at getting out of dangerous situations and finding new openings to get in. Its Fluffy wool coat gives it decent bulk against moves that make contact.

Neutral: Facade, Wooloo jumps backwards to put on a brave face and does a jumping roll. The attack does more damage if Wooloo has been inflicted with a status condition like burn/poison.

Side: Take Down, Wooloo rolls into the air at fast speeds, hitting anyone in its path. A pretty strong attack with high knockback due to the bounce of its cotton but does recoil damage.

Up: Cotton Guard, the grounded version has Wooloo cloak itself in more cotton, raising its Defense. Wooloo can sacrifice this defense and create a large cotton ball using the command again. The ball does passive damage and slightly slows down the opponent but can be hit around to do more damage and be combined with certain attacks/effects. This move can rid Wooloo of status conditions and transfer them onto the cotton ball.
If used in the air, Wooloo will float upwards wrapped in more cotton and the buff doesn’t take effect until it lands back on the ground. Does no damage.

Down: Thunder Wave, Wooloo shoots out ring shaped projectiles that paralyze the opponent. Wooloo can run/roll onto the rings before they hit an opponent to electrify its wool with static. It can also electrify its cotton ball projectile and hit it to make a makeshift Electro Ball and Take Down becomes Wild Charge which would paralyze opponents on hit.

Critical Hit (FS Equivalent): Max Strike, Wooloo jumps into the background and transforms into its Dynamax form. With a reticle aimed, Wooloo rolls over its opponent as a pillar of light emerges from beneath them.

Yeah had a couple Alola mon (well every generation had a few cutting room floor characters) on the cutting room floor, but yeah I could see a couple more added, like an UB. Who’d you think would fit? (Aside from the obvious)
Right off the top of my head, I imagine you could give Naganadel a mechanic similar to Inkling. Spraying the ink around is its central gimmick, and maybe it also slows other Pokemon down or weakens their attacks. It’s supposed to be adhesive after all.

Aside from the ink it could be a speedy fighter with good aerial mobility, and that stinger could make a good melee weapon in close range.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Right off the top of my head, I imagine you could give Naganadel a mechanic similar to Inkling. Spraying the ink around is its central gimmick, and maybe it also slows other Pokemon down or weakens their attacks. It’s supposed to be adhesive after all.

Aside from the ink it could be a speedy fighter with good aerial mobility, and that stinger could make a good melee weapon in close range.
Exactly who I thought you were going to go with, or at least it’s pre-evo

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My friend challenged me to clear the Godmaster DLC for Hollow Knight

if I beat it within the next hour, he has to legally change his name (that's not happening)

if I beat it within the next week he starts One Piece. If I fail to beat it by the end of the week I have to start watching Seinfeld.

if I win by the end of April he has to treat me to a meal, and if I fail to do so I will be the one treating.

I am taking this challenge very seriously
Decided to back out of this for my own mental health
So I regretted this decision a day later and now I'm on the final pantheon. This is the hardest one cause you fight 42 bosses and they get progressively harder.

I'm probably not gonna beat this one by Monday, but I'm free tomorrow so I can try

Noipoi

Howdy!
Exactly who I thought you were going to go with, or at least it’s pre-evo
Look I gotta stay on brand :101:

Aside from them, I think Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, and Blacephalon could be cool. Or maybe Kartana, with horrible bulk but incredible attacking stats.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I decided to read the OG DB Manga to honor Akira Toriyama. You know, cause I want to gain a deeper appreciation if his work. And you know, I did. There won't be another like him, but it's so cool seeing the work that inspired so many others. Idk if I'll finish it primarily because I already saw the show and I doubt the library has all the chapters, but yeah. Thanks for the memories.

Also I think I'm gonna start reading Bleach.

Yeah.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look I gotta stay on brand :101:

Aside from them, I think Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, and Blacephalon could be cool. Or maybe Kartana, with horrible bulk but incredible attacking stats.
Yeah those were the ones that came to mind and they’d all be fun to work out ideas for. I at least had Blacephalon and Kartana on my list of assists Pokémon.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I decided to read the OG DB Manga to honor Akira Toriyama. You know, cause I want to gain a deeper appreciation if his work. And you know, I did. There won't be another like him, but it's so cool seeing the work that inspired so many others. Idk if I'll finish it primarily because I already saw the show and I doubt the library has all the chapters, but yeah. Thanks for the memories.

Also I think I'm gonna start reading Bleach.

Yeah.
Out of curiosity, why Bleach?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Noipoi Noipoi So I also had an alternative gameplay mode in this inspired by Fraymakers where you can summon specific assist Pokémon mid battle to help you. The Critical Hit (FS) meter is used to summon an assist Pokémon. You can summon just one at half meter or sacrifice your finisher and summon two. In this mode some assists cost half meter, some cost full and some have effects for both half and full, being able to be freely selected for both. Here’s the list I made up so far:

IMG_3885.jpeg

As a non-UB rep...I'd love to see Tsareena in there too /enormous bias
Between her, Ogerpon and H!Lilligant, we’d have the full grass lesbian girlboss trio

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thanks to the XY nostalgia that’s been permeating through the air since Pokemon Day, I’ve been going back and listening to songs I used to love as an 11 year old in 2013.

Its mostly Minecraft/Nintendo music and fan songs…

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Akira Toriyama suddenly passing away is shocking. I haven't followed Dragon Ball for most of my life but I have an immense amount of respect for his work and the influence it's had on entertainment and modern culture. I've even been meaning to catch up with the original Z series.

I'm praying for both him, his close family and friends. Man's life was cut way too short.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 386129

Just wanna say that Smeargle is a really inspired choice, you've got pretty much infinite potential for a moveset with that thing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ngl, it was just recognition and that I saw it looking for DB.

also a cute girl I met a while back loved it and I'm delusional (I'll never see her again).
I see.

I know I'm a broken record but I genuinely do recommend that you read One Piece if you love Dragon Ball. I feel like it's goofy in a similar way to the original Dragon Ball and that goofiness never really goes away as the series progresses, nor does it take away from the dramatic moments. I can't understate how good it is

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone's making Pokemon rosters, so I decided to make one for a potential new Mystery Dungeon game.
View attachment 386162
Quite a roster...and I STILL had to make so many painful cuts. Gen V is WAY TOO STACKED.

Y'all can probably guess what combo I would go for lol
IMG_8396.jpeg

How am I supposed to enjoy this roster without Noibat?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

View attachment 386129

Gengar, Scizor, Smeargle, Grovyle, Plusle, Minun, Milotic, Empoleon, Luxray, Vespiqueen, Garchomp, Lucario, Darkrai, Chandelure, Genesect, Greninja, Decidueye, Alolan Vulpix, Mimikyu, Corviknight, Meowscarada...

Yeah, this roster certainly gets my unbiased approval. :p

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
View attachment 386163

How am I supposed to enjoy this roster without Noibat?
insert a pink dinosaur getting a pizza shoved in her face here

Yeah sorry dude...I got Dreepy in there and fit in Poipole as an unlockable, but for some reason I was dead-set on including the two version-exclusive fairies and the two fossils and that was part of why Noibat got kinda shafted.

One could probably swap Espurr out for bat boi, or even Litleo or w/e.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just wanna say that Smeargle is a really inspired choice, you've got pretty much infinite potential for a moveset with that thing.
Admittedly my specials are somewhat straightforward though I do picture it having more represented moves in its neutral moves pulled off using its paint as well as it having Kirby’s gimmick.
A lightweight combo oriented fighter who has a lot of versatility with its gameplan. It mainly fights by using its paintbrush tail as a melee weapon combined with its paint to create certain objects to aid in battle. It mainly relies on its fast general movement and attack speed combined with inflicting status effects to gain the upper hand.

Neutral: Sketch, a command grab that allows Smeargle to copy the opponent’s neutral special. The paint on Smeargle’s tail will change colors depending on the move type it has copied. Smeargle can create with paint anything it may need to use to pull off another Pokémon’s special.

Side: Tri Attack, Smeargle draws out a three color triangle in a rekka style fashion if an opponent is within range. This attack turns into a projectile that may paralyze, burn, or freeze the opponent on contact.

Up: Mortal Spin, Smeargle spins its tail in the air like a helicopter with purple poisonous paint surrounding it. On top of the grounded version having a high chance of poisoning opponents, this move can also remove stage hazards.

Down: Spore, Smeargle paints out a mushroom that shakes out a powder that puts nearby opponents to sleep. This move does no damage and has limited range.

Critical Hit: Extreme Speed, Smeargle quickly starts dashing back and forth across the screen diagonally, the player controlling the vertical movement. During this, Smeargle is covering the screen with streaks of paint that come together at the end to create an elaborate painting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I see.

I know I'm a broken record but I genuinely do recommend that you read One Piece if you love Dragon Ball. I feel like it's goofy in a similar way to the original Dragon Ball and that goofiness never really goes away as the series progresses, nor does it take away from the dramatic moments. I can't understate how good it is
Ok

You win.

I will read it.

Top Bottom