• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gen 9 was always planned for holiday 2022. But somewhere along the way they came up with PLA, and then needed somewhere to slot it in. I guess early 2022 worked best for them.

I still kinda they would’ve just let PLA release in 22 while S/V took 23. That way both games would’ve gotten more polish.
I just hope they don't announce Gen 10. That game, whatever shape it takes, needs more time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just hope they don't announce Gen 10. That game, whatever shape it takes, needs more time.
Definitely too early. At the earliest we’d see it next year, but I’m hoping (coping) they hold it off for another year so they can drop it on the 30th anniversary. Just that one extra year of development could do wonders.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Definitely too early. At the earliest we’d see it next year, but I’m hoping (coping) they hold it off for another year so they can drop it on the 30th anniversary. Just that one extra year of development could do wonders.
That sounds like a splendid idea. Which makes me think they might not do it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Noipoi

Howdy!
That sounds like a splendid idea. Which makes me think they might not do it.
It’s certainly no guarantee. But TPC loves releasing new generations on big decade anniversaries, there’s a lot of marketing potential in that. And that means more money for them.

Diamond/Pearl dropped in 2006 (10 year anniversary)
Sun/Moon dropped in 2016 (20 year anniversary)
And now 2026 is coming up.

Like I said, no guarantee. I just hope this is enough incentive for them to give their games a reasonable amount of time for once.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind them outsourcing Black and White remakes like they did for BDSP.

Say what you will about BDSP but there is 0 coincidence that the GameFreak game that broke the yearly November release scheduele was the best one in a long time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s certainly no guarantee. But TPC loves releasing new generations on big decade anniversaries, there’s a lot of marketing potential in that. And that means more money for them.

Diamond/Pearl dropped in 2006 (10 year anniversary)
Sun/Moon dropped in 2016 (20 year anniversary)
And now 2026 is coming up.

Like I said, no guarantee. I just hope this is enough incentive for them to give their games a reasonable amount of time for once.
All the more reason for them to rush out gen 10 now so they can have gen 11 in time for the anniversary.

Which is silly. I know. That's not an argument, that's catastrophizing.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I hope that GameFreak is able to cook and make their next game the best it can be. It seems like with recent events, reviewers seem ready to be much more critical if they release another half-baked product. Not to mention the fact that other developers might now try and pick up the slack themselves with their own spin on the cute monster-catching genre since a certain other game proved to be a profitable venture.

I consider all of these possibilities a win/win in the long run though. If the pressure makes Gamefreak create better games more akin to PLA, that's good. And if we get more third-party monster-catching games, I also consider that an absolute win.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a roster for a fighting game crossover between Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Power RangersTMNT
Jason Lee Scott (Red Ranger)Leonardo
Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger)Donatello
Kimberly Ann Hart (Pink Ranger)Raphael
Zack Taylor (Black Ranger)Michelangelo
Trini Kwan (Yellow Ranger)April O’Neil
Tommy Oliver (Green Ranger)Casey Jones
Zordon (Eltarian Warrior)Master Splinter
Lord ZeddShredder
Rita RepulsaKrang
GoldarLeatherhead
ScorpinaKarai
Farkas Bulkmeier (Purple Ranger)Bebop
Eugene Skullovitch (Orange Ranger)Rocksteady
Ivan OozeThe Rat King
Masked RiderMiyamoto Usagi
Unlockable
Jason Lee Scott (Mutant Ranger)Leonardo (Dimension X Ranger)
Billy Cranston (Mutant Ranger)Donatello (Dimension X Ranger)
Kimberly Ann Hart (Mutant Ranger)Raphael (Dimension X Ranger)
Zack Taylor (Mutant Ranger)Michelangelo (Dimension X Ranger)
Trini Kwan (Mutant Ranger)April O’Neil (Dimension X Ranger)
Tommy Oliver (Mutant Ranger)Casey Jones (Dimension X Ranger)
Unlockable/Boss
Lord DrakkonSuper Shredder
DLC
Rocky DeSantos (Red Ranger)Slash
Katherine Hillard (Pink Ranger)Venus de Milo
Aisha Campbell (Yellow Ranger)Mona Lisa
Adam Park (Black Ranger)Mondo Gecko
Pumpkin RapperTokka
Terror ToadRahzar
Pudgy PigGeneral Traag
Rito RevoltoMozar
Megazord Assists
Dino MegazordMega Metalhead
CyclopsusTechnodrome
SerpenteraSuperduperfly
NPCs
Alpha 5Fugitoid
FinsterBaxter Stockman
SquattTatsu
BabooAntrax
Ninja Rangers (Crossover) Alt Costumes
Foot Clan Tommy Alt Costume

Turtle Rangers Alt Costumes
Green Ranger Shredder Alt Costume

White Ranger Tommy Alt Costume [DLC]
Ninja Rangers (S3) Alt Costumes [DLC]

Archie Wrestler Suit Raphael Alt Costume [DLC]
Samuri (Movie III) Alt Costumes [DLC]
I imagine it being based off of Battle for the Grid in terms of gameplay.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hopefully we can get the main GB/ GBA Pokemon games on NSO at some point...like that's ever gonna happen :urg:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Talking about Pokemon, I now remember that Game Freak did scare the players with Giratina when Platinum was the hot topic (I too was freaked out when I was young. Didn't expect that from a kids game.). Other than Cynthia's battle theme in the Pokemon League of Sinnoh and Unova when visiting her vacation house.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we do get them, I'm not seeing the mainline GB/GBA Pokémon games being put on NSO.

NSO has cloud save, something absent from the Switch mainline games, and the fact they have Game Corners can possibly complicate things.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If we do get them, I'm not seeing the mainline GB/GBA Pokémon games being put on NSO.

NSO has cloud save, something absent from the Switch mainline games, and the fact they have Game Corners can possibly complicate things.
They don't want the next generation know Gambling is and might be addicted to the concept. The adrenaline rush when things are getting good for the older generation.
I feel old when having nostalgia with the slot machines.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I hope that GameFreak is able to cook and make their next game the best it can be. It seems like with recent events, reviewers seem ready to be much more critical if they release another half-baked product. Not to mention the fact that other developers might now try and pick up the slack themselves with their own spin on the cute monster-catching genre since a certain other game proved to be a profitable venture.

I consider all of these possibilities a win/win in the long run though. If the pressure makes Gamefreak create better games more akin to PLA, that's good. And if we get more third-party monster-catching games, I also consider that an absolute win.
I dropped out after Sun and Moon, so it'd be nice to actually want to play another after nearly a decade. It seemed like they were at least trying to improve with the last game despite the technical issues.

And after Palworld I'm already predicting the "Monster-Catching Survival" genre is going to become the next Cozy Farming Sim.
Just give it 4 or so years and Directs are going to be full of these things.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people have made a Persona 3 Reload mod that replaces everything Makoto Yuki with Kotone Shiomo…tons of pink as well…

and it looks damn good

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I watch Nin10doland videos occasionally but that dude really needs to shut up about a new 3D Mario that he shoehorns into every video.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In Disney+ news, a certain fan favorite Marvel movie from 2022 that Sony rereleased in theaters will be added on March 1.

I wonder how many views it will get?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man. Its really depressing how good games don’t get continued because they failed to generate a profit.

Like, I went on a subreddit to talk about Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, and my hopes that we’d get a sequel since it hasn’t updated in a while. And all I got back was talk about how it didn’t sell enough so it’s not gonna happen and that the development team left nWay to work for Riot and make Project L, which they described as “being better in every way” despite the fact that it’s not a power rangers game and is almost certainly going to have typical LoL Freemium BS and Battle Passes baked into it.

And it’s like… how have we let the world get this way? And how have we let ourselves get to the point where we think it’s normal and ok for things to work this way. Why don’t we try to stop it?

Of course the only way to stop it is to end capitalism and that probably won’t end without a bloody world war at this point so…

Man. I bet you all really missed me for those three days I was banned huh? ;)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Unironically, no "Morbillion dollars" memes here, I watched Morbius for the first time recently and I...actually didn't think it was that bad of a movie.

Was it groundbreaking? No. Was it bad? Eh, honestly, it was actually kinda decent.

Like, the post-credits scene being forced and illogical aside, I'm legit starting to think that the movie only got bashed and ironically meme'd into oblivion as much as it was for having Jared Leto as the lead star and because it was an origin story for a lesser known Spider-Man villain.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh I think the wave approach Nintendo takes is mostly fine because we usually get years worth if DLC at a bargain deal. 8 Deluxe's was an insane steal for pretty much getting a whole new Mario Kart game.

Which is wild because they can't price the base games for their life.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Slept all day because I was feeling really tired. I'm doing well doh, which is good.

As for Direct predictions, I am personally hoping for Dragon Quest 3 Remake, Pac-Man World 2 Re-Pac, Sonic X Shadow Generations and maybe if we get lucky, Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Volume 2 or another kind of Konami compilation.

For the Pokémon Presents... That one's tougher. The main game of the year is highly likely doh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Tbh I think the wave approach Nintendo takes is mostly fine because we usually get years worth if DLC at a bargain deal. 8 Deluxe's was an insane steal for pretty much getting a whole new Mario Kart game.

Which is wild because they can't price the base games for their life.
I wouldnt mind paying 24 for the splatoon dlc

If the first wave wasnt such ****

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Unironically, no "Morbillion dollars" memes here, I watched Morbius for the first time recently and I...actually didn't think it was that bad of a movie.

Was it groundbreaking? No. Was it bad? Eh, honestly, it was actually kinda decent.

Like, the post-credits scene being forced and illogical aside, I'm legit starting to think that the movie only got bashed and ironically meme'd into oblivion as much as it was for having Jared Leto as the lead star and because it was an origin story for a lesser known Spider-Man villain.
I ended up watching it with the family as a joke, and I've gotta agree that it was actually kind of alright.
I think the reason it gets memed on (aside from what you mentioned) is because it was a yet another by the numbers superhero movie released during a time people were getting sick of them.

Oh, and Morbin' Time.

Top Bottom