• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I think Nintendo wanted a piece of the pie of the mobile market and then realized "Ah **** this actually requires WORK????"

Almost all their mobile games aside from Pocket Camp and FEH are just, dead. Not counting Pokemon GO here since that's its own beast.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I still miss this game, and I'm also sad that World Flipper is going to follow it very soon.

I think I should stay away from Cygames products from now on...

Still can't believe that Draglia.... Lost.....

Cygames isn't even allowed to use the characters since Nintendo co-owns 'em. :dr^_^:
Aren't some of the designs based on those from older Cygames' products? I know a few of the dragons for instance are from Knights of Glory such as Giovanni, Ifrit, and even the Greatwyrms, so wouldn't those cases be fine as long as they don't use DL's interpretation?

Shroob

Sup?
I still miss this game, and I'm also sad that World Flipper is going to follow it very soon.

I think I should stay away from Cygames products from now on...

Aren't some of the designs based on those from older Cygames' products? I know a few of the dragons for instance are from Knights of Glory such as Giovanni, Ifrit, and even the Greatwyrms, so wouldn't those cases be fine as long as they don't use DL's interpretation?
Yeah, Cygames likes to re-use a lot of their characters, so Dragalia has some Cygames perma mainstays like Ifrit, Lily, etc. So those characters are fine.

Characters like Mym or Lotte tho?

1705907981219.png

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, Cygames likes to re-use a lot of their characters, so Dragalia has some Cygames perma mainstays like Ifrit, Lily, etc. So those characters are fine.

Characters like Mym or Lotte tho?

View attachment 383325
It's weird to me to think that theoretically we could have another game with Brunhilda the dragon (or at least a version of her), but not her Mym form. Same with Midgardsormr vs. Euden, Zelthia and Notte.

Shroob

Sup?
It's weird to me to think that theoretically we could have another game with Brunhilda the dragon (or at least a version of her), but not her Mym form. Same with Midgardsormr vs. Euden, Zelthia and Notte.
1705910002898.png

We kinda do

He's basically the secondary main character of Granblue lol.

Honestly, that's the only Cygames IP I'd invest my interest in since that game's going on 9 years old in March and still going strong. It had a sequel to its Arcsys fighting game recently come out and its Action RPG for Playstation/Steam drops in like, a week.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For a long time there I was really excited for Granblue Fantasy Relink when Platinum was on board with it a long long time ago. I haven’t kept up with it for a while but did it turn into a Genshin-type Gacha game or am I tripping? I haven’t really seen that much on it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For a long time there I was really excited for Granblue Fantasy Relink when Platinum was on board with it a long long time ago. I haven’t kept up with it for a while but did it turn into a Genshin-type Gacha game or am I tripping? I haven’t really seen that much on it.
I was never on board.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Updated the list of stuff I plan to buy in 2024./:
Screenshot_2024-01-22-13-30-02-12_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

"Wait Jotadé, I thought you were going to buy Princess Peach Showtime, Mario VS Donkey Kong, FFVII Rebirth and TTYD, what happened?"

Welp... Two things leaked recently called the LEGO Great Deku Tree from Zelda and the LEGO X-Men Mansion, which are looking to be pricey AF (200 bucks for the Deku Tree and probably more for the X-Mansion)... And I had to do like Thanos and sacrifice some stuff. Add the Xbox Series X to all that so I can play the new Indiana Jones game at 60fps and yeah, ya'll may understand why I am lowering my list.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Side note about my Splatoon 4 cast, I think the big problem for Nintendo wouldn't be getting A-listers like Emily Blunt and Anna Kendrick on board...it'd be getting the lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold to voice the DLC villain!

They're an awesome band, but they're so so so far out of Nintendo's usual wheelhouse lol

cashregister9

Smash Hero
They just released a demo of it and it is pretty fun and unless I missed something big, it is not a gacha. It just has a lot of playable characters.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than just AI, now it seems like some models might have been DIRECTLY ripped off from Pokemon, or at least bits of it. Like one of the Primarina bits just look too similar / samey to the one in Pokemon...

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If this CYL leak is real then us Male Alear and Alfonse fans are winning
View attachment 383339
I can't seem to find a source for this outside the tweet so it is probably fake but I would be happy with this if it is real.

I wonder if this will make people stop acting like fans predominantly hate male avatars and everyone prefers the female avatar instead (probably not).
All I know is that this would still somehow spawn Edelgard discourse

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think Nintendo wanted a piece of the pie of the mobile market and then realized "Ah **** this actually requires WORK????"

Almost all their mobile games aside from Pocket Camp and FEH are just, dead. Not counting Pokemon GO here since that's its own beast.
tbf FEH itself is an easy money maker, Mario Kart Tour is still alive (which means more people will still throw all that money out towards them), and Mario Run…is there…so yeah

…tho I didn’t know Animal Crossing was still alive
If this CYL leak is real then us Male Alear and Alfonse fans are winning
View attachment 383339
I just want FAlear to get that top female spot (and for Alfonse to stop overshadowing his innocent sister with the 1 storyline where she was fully important as her own character)
I guess Nintendo isn't going to acknowledge Smash's 25th anniversary.
Nintendo probably prefers the American release of Smash….either that or the spirits stuff is their way of celebrating

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I started getting more interested in Palworld, seems it’s not the “Hire This Man” asset flip I assumed (though they definitely still based some stuff directly on Pokémon designs lol, that doesn’t feel like it’s just inspiration. Maybe they didn’t steal models, the topology of at least some models is apparently different, but blue Serperior? Lilligant’s flower? Meganium’s head? Goodra’s body? Literally just recolored Lycanroc with different proportions/neck fur? Definitely took from Pokémon designs, including a fan’s fakemon design).

After reading the description of the developers’ AI art imposter game, however, I think I’ve lost my interest again, beyond watching more gameplay.

I don’t care if AI wasn’t used for Palworld, the description of their AI art game just reminds me of people who act like AI art is the same as or just as good as human-made art and dunk on artists for it. “You are a progressive artist who commands AI to generate images” bruh :skull:

Not to judge anyone who likes Palworld and is playing it, I like most of what I’ve seen too tbh, I just personally don’t feel comfortable giving its company money. Don’t really care if others do though, that’s none of my business anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I played Tekken at my friend’s house because they want to practice for 8’s release this Friday, and I sparred for a few hours.

I have never played Tekken before, and learning the controls hurt my brain. The combo system got me messed up.

IMG_7845.gif

How the hell do you play this and understand what you’re doing at the same time?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
This was first posted on Facebook but Chugga made an apology
Screenshot_2490.png

Honestly seems like a solid apology. I hope things will finally calm down soon. Even was kind enough to at least tell people to stop pestering Emily, I know there's been quite a bit many disrespectful opinion about her. He even mentions that he understands if people would stop supporting him any longer.
The fact he had / is having therapy may lend credence to the apology.
It is good timing because I saw that there was a fake Chuggaaconroy channel or two that was using AI voice to 'reply' to Emily's response...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I played Tekken at my friend’s house because they want to practice for 8’s release this Friday, and I sparred for a few hours.

I have never played Tekken before, and learning the controls hurt my brain. The combo system got me messed up.

View attachment 383344

How the hell do you play this and understand what you’re doing at the same time?

Tekken requires you to just keep slamming yourself into the wall until you break through, it's genuinely daunting

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
BTW what do people think of this? These days I just mainly play gacha games, I rarely buy games unless I know they're worth it to me, but the fact even higher prices are being considered for what could be just 30 hours game (not 80+ or 120+) is kinda concerning.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Aint Als fsult hes more intresting then his sister
his fault for not sharing that character development with her tho. He pulled a Hulk Hogan (minus the racism) and kept all the glory to himself while Sharena sits there waiting for Veronica to help give her attention again

…and then there’s Commander Anna who is simply the best version of all other Annas

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
BTW what do people think of this? These days I just mainly play gacha games, I rarely buy games unless I know they're worth it to me, but the fact even higher prices are being considered for what could be just 30 hours game (not 80+ or 120+) is kinda concerning.
Some games are already hitting that through special editions and whatnot.

I sincerely hope there is no game that just outright costs $100 because otherwise it’s off to the bargain bin to try and find super cheap copies.

Occhi Vuoti

Smash Cadet

No surprise to me. Corporations can say that we own nothing, as what we invest in their own creations it simply benefits them far more in comparison, but it's how it's executed as overrating their own profession, outcomes with it, and their own lives? It's that 5 year old modern haircut mentality of theirs. That is what gets to me for decades now.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Some games are already hitting that through special editions and whatnot.

I sincerely hope there is no game that just outright costs $100 because otherwise it’s off to the bargain bin to try and find super cheap copies.
It makes things worse when you realize that several years ago when games costed 50 or 60 dollars, they were at least FULL GAMES, not like 'buy a piece and then have to pay up some more for the other piece'. No microtranscations nonsense. Just full game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It makes things worse when you realize that several years ago when games costed 50 or 60 dollars, they were at least FULL GAMES, not like 'buy a piece and then have to pay up some more for the other piece'. No microtranscations nonsense. Just full game.
Yeah dude I miss those good old days like with Street Fighter 2 and Sonic 3

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

No surprise to me. Corporations can say that we own nothing, as what we invest in their own creations it simply benefits them far more in comparison, but it's how it's executed as overrating their own profession, outcomes with it, and their own lives? It's that 5 year old modern haircut mentality of theirs. That is what gets to me for decades now.
1705954203627.png

My thoughts on the matter.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
We talked about Star Wars the other say and they just dropped a trailer for Bad Batch season 3

I don't care about this show but now they're retconning one of my favorite stories that was supposed to be a Clone Wars episode. Thanks Disney I love you

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean yeah Corpos see subscription services as the future, it makes bank. Only a matter if time where game companies jump on the trend, that's what PS Plus, Gamepass, and NSO are. Now it does kinda suck when physical and even digital media is becoming a thing of the past in favor for subscriptions but tbh making everything live service is a disaster in the making.

Also let's not post The Quartering

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We talked about Star Wars the other say and they just dropped a trailer for Bad Batch season 3

I don't care about this show but now they're retconning one of my favorite stories that was supposed to be a Clone Wars episode. Thanks Disney I love you
Nah they're saying it's still canon somehow. Betting it's Nightsister magic ****.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, if I can buy and/or save a game I favor by physical or digital, I'll do it if reasonable. One day, things might go crazy if the internet goes down for a few days or becoming available ONLY ONLINE ACCESS. Especially how we are in the modern world of technology.

Last edited:
Top Bottom