• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I need some new video game OST to download, give me some suggestions
Ooooookay, it's late and I'm bored and I like showing **** I like to other people so imma slide in some VGM I like.

First up, the one pick I always like to recommend to anyone who listens is the work of Taito's in-house sound team, ZUNTATA. To cut a long story short: they're incredible. They have an incredibly deep and rich variety of work (as you do when you're the collective that does music for one of the most prolific arcade developers ever), and in my opinion should be mentioned in any conversation of the greatest video game sound teams, yet go criminally overlooked by the vast majority of the Western gaming community. If I may suggest some soundtracks to check out: the entire Darius series, Rayforce/Raystorm/Raycrisis, Metal Black, Night Striker, Galactic Storm, Ninja Warriors, Cleopatra Fortune, Space Invaders Extreme, Psychic Force - and those are just some of the bigger fan favorites, there's plenty of great deeper cuts to go around as well. They're fantastic and I will shill them whenever possible.

Moving onto another influential arcade sound designer, though this time it's just one person, another one whose music I love is Manabu Namiki. He mainly works in the shooter space, scoring several of the most acclaimed releases in the genre - he's done plenty, but I think a good place to start would be the "holy trinity" of Battle Garegga, DoDonPachi DaiOuJou, and Ketsui. All of these are personal faves of mine and well worth a look.

Now it's time for probably the most well-known choice in my list: Ridge Racer Type-4. Hoooooooooly **** is this soundtrack good. Banger after banger. Anyone who hasn't looked into it owes it to themself to check it out. Good stuff.

Now let's try something a little different: RPG soundtracks. In general, I would say to check out Nihon Falcom's old-school soundtracks. They did some real good stuff on computers and consoles at the time, but if I had to pick just one, I'd say......the PC Engine CD arranged version of Legend of Heroes II. There's still a lot of chiptune tracks on there, but a ton of the soundtrack has been given a live band makeover, arranged in this 80s rock/fusion style with lots and lots of echoey drums. It's great, and I very much enjoy this era of VGM.

And uh.....I guess I should recommend something from SEGA. Alright, here's the deal: I don't know if this type of music is really up your alley, but I think one of the musical peaks on the company's history that's really worth checking out is their mid-to-late-80s arcade era, which spawned several of their most iconic and acclaimed tunes. I'm talking OutRun, Space Harrier, After Burner, Super Hang-On, Fantasy Zone, Quartet, Power Drift, Galaxy Force, the likes. They're still some of their most revered output, and, yeah they're just really good, though again I'm not sure if it's really your thing.

Good listening!

Noipoi

Howdy!
4~ days until Peacharunt.

And then Scarlet/Violet is basically done.

I'm gonna miss 'em ngl.
Just a few bugs shy of being among the very best Pokemon games.

Even with the bugs they're still some of the best in the last half a decade. Legends still takes #1, of course :nifty:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah, I forgot the last Pokémon thing is coming.

Afterwards, I am going to try and go for the National Dex. I have over 800 already registered, what's an extra 200?
Good luck. The mythicals are a pain in the ass unless you know someone that's got 'em.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jujutsu Kaisen kinda has me hooked so far

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Good luck. The mythicals are a pain in the ass unless you know someone that's got 'em.
Yeah I’m not looking forward to getting the last 4 mythicals I need.

As for how I got the rest:
All the Gen 1 - 5 mythicals I got in a 2016 promo in X (with extras of Mew, Jirachi, Keldeo, and the Gen 4 ones being caught on the Switch games)
Hoopa I don’t remember when but there was an event in X
Deoxys was caught in Omega Ruby
Magearna was by the QR code in Sun
Zeraora was through the Sword raids promotion.
I also have all 12 of the non Switch Mons so I can focus Switch though I might use the 3DS to try for the Tapus.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I’m not looking forward to getting the last 4 mythicals I need.

As for how I got the rest:
All the Gen 1 - 5 mythicals I got in a 2016 promo in X (with extras of Mew, Jirachi, Keldeo, and the Gen 4 ones being caught on the Switch games)
Hoopa I don’t remember when but there was an event in X
Deoxys was caught in Omega Ruby
Magearna was by the QR code in Sun
Zeraora was through the Sword raids promotion.
I also have all 12 of the non Switch Mons so I can focus Switch though I might use the 3DS to try for the Tapus.
I legit dunno why the GTS even gives you the option to set the mythicals as a desired Pokemon if only to instantly slap you with a "THAT'S A SPECIAL POKEMON!!!!"

Feels like Mythicals caught in non-Cherish balls should be exempt from this NGL.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine the timeline if Falco, Slippy, and Peppy had been Fox’s alt costumes in 64 and that’s just how they had been done in every smash since.

Maybe we would have gotten Wolf in Melee with Andrew, Pigma, and Leon as his alts. Man if he had been built with that in mind he’d probably play very differently.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine the timeline if Falco, Slippy, and Peppy had been Fox’s alt costumes in 64 and that’s just how they had been done in every smash since.

Maybe we would have gotten Wolf in Melee with Andrew, Pigma, and Leon as his alts. Man if he had been built with that in mind he’d probably play very differently.
Could Smash 64 even support different characters as alt costumes?

Like, I'd assume they'd make Luigi one if they could/want to do it.

Shroob

Sup?

Counter offer

We get Slippy as a standalone character as the true joke character.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Could Smash 64 even support different characters as alt costumes?

Like, I'd assume they'd make Luigi one if they could/want to do it.
Idk. Just a thought I had. I’m sure it’s not impossible.
Counter offer

We get Slippy as a standalone character as the true joke character.
I wouldn’t want them to do this now. Good lord.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Spent a bunch of resources to get a good Kingambit (which I also needed for the Dex), but I got Iron Leaves on my 2nd try! TBH, this was the 1st time I've tried a Tera Raid Battle since the game came out. 😅

Now to work on a Pokemon Build to try and take on Walking Wake and also find a Raid Group... I saw Miraidon as a recommendation, so I guess I'll try that?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a wishlist for Smash Remix. I know they’re not going to do everything I wrote down here. Heck they might not be doing anything else at all. But I basically just wrote down all my ideas.
Smash Remix Wishlist
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Waluigi
  • Geno
  • Zelda
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Ridley
  • Meta Knight
  • Blastoise
  • Venusaur
  • Charizard
  • Ice Climbers (i recognize this one might not be possible)
  • Roy
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Pit
  • Little Mac
  • Duck Hunt
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Mega Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Snake
  • Dr. Eggman (styled specifically after SA2, unlike how he should probably be done in Smash Proper)
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Cloud
  • Sephiroth
  • Simon
  • Richter
  • Hero (Probably just Arusu)
  • Terry
  • Kazuya
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • James Bond
  • Doomguy
  • Jack Frost
  • Jack O’Lantern/Pyro Jack
  • Rayman
  • NiGHTS

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And Walking Wake is done now too! I was able to find a Live-chat group through the Scarlet/Violet Reddit. I was even able to help a few players catch Iron Leaves by messing with my system clock. I can finally rest until I feel like going for the Scarlet exclusive Paradoxes.

F8nOc7BXoAA4gLX.png

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I bought the Naruto Ninja storm games when they were on sale on the last eshop sale.

Dont really know why, i dropped off Naruto when these games originally came out so i only really have nostalgia for the part 1 versions of this cast.

I open up my twitter before bed and I was greeted with this oddly terrifying Akechi spriteView attachment 382639
When a new Ihop has opened in your area.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
So, I checked my original list of stuff I wanted for Christmas and Día de Reyes (before taking out stuff and everything)... And outside of two Across The Spider-Verse figures which are basically imposible to get in my island without internet... I got everything from that original list between both celebrations.

I brought that up with my mother, and she told me that this happened because she really valued all the efforts I did last year to get through all my difficulties, my social anxiety and other events, and that she saw I was improving both as a person and also as a student.
She also told me the LEGO DK set was a gift from my aunt who did THAT thing last year and that she is trying her best to learn from her mistakes and also improve so I feel comfortable around her again.

.... Wow. And I mean that in a good way. The fact not only did she try her best to get me everything I wanted, but ALSO the fact that one person in concrete also thought I deserved anything good at all... Very valuable and powerful stuff.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder why Shadow hates black creatures

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seeing the posts about that whole Miami mall is wild.

I don’t know what actually went down there, but what matters more is that GTA 6 about to be insane.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
This might genuinely be the best OP the anime has ever had
I don't think its even a might, unless we're talking raw musical compitition in which case I kindaaaaaa like Wake Up's beat drop a bit more

from a visual standpoint holy **** this thing goes fire, love how they just outright animated half the key plot points of Egghead yet they're still just vague enough anime watchers will not be truly spoiled

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
My flight got delayed for five hours and I got nothing except an half-assed apology for it.

Unrelated but I think we should be allowed to hunt airline CEOs for sport.
Yeah, here in Gran Canaria there have been issues at the airport too.

Apparently Aena workers went on strike and as such everything is paralyzed. There are hundreds of travelling hauls stuck and all at the security zones.

Also coincides with people trying to return from the holidays of Christmas, New Year and Día de Reyes, so you can imagine the chaos.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Yeah, here in Gran Canaria there have been issues at the airport too.

Apparently Aena workers went on strike and as such everything is paralyzed. There are hundreds of travelling hauls stuck and all at the security zones.

Also coincides with people trying to return from the holidays of Christmas, New Year and Día de Reyes, so you can imagine the chaos.
Yeah, this is pretty much why I hope I am not flying during the holiday period.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been doing a fairly quick run-through of Pokemon Diamond again, since I didn't have Platinum. Got 7 badges now, my team's Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, and Azumarill. I still don't know who my 6th will be, but I got an HM user in Bibarel.

The Pokedex being kind of lackluster has me realize why I play Pokemon Black and White more. Still haven't played B2/W2, which seems even more cracked for potential options.

Top Bottom