• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All I know for sure is that they'll show off the leaked Strive DLC which is cool but not worth watching TGA for even if ArcSys were to announce Robo Ky, ABA, Vash the Stampede and Alucard Hellsing all at once and that there's apparantly a Blade game by the Dishonoured devs which tbf sounds cool too but still

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Seems that MultiVersus is returning in the near future (possibly a Game Awards announcement)

Let's see if WB Games learned their lesson this time.
I’m curious as to what the text at the bottom of the circle says…

Edit: I just realized… is it gonna be a TGA thing?

Noooo I don’t want to watch the Winter of Woe!

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nintendo Live 2024 was cancelled because some people were making threats towards employees and participants.
The Splatoon and Mario Kart tournaments will be rescheduled.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but this is Snake. :nifty:

Joking aside

I get that, but at that point it feels better to just, make the next Smash ya know? It feels like, and has felt like for awhile that Ultimate is 'done', which I'm pretty sure that Sakurai himself even said in the Sora presentation. Spirits are just bonus content added on top that really don't mean anything.
Yeah but the next smash probably isn’t going to have everyone. Y’all have hammered that point home more than enough. And I want more characters to join that huge collective. I don’t just want to play as a character in a smash setting. I want them to join that pantheon with all the rest. That’s why, to me, the next smash just feels like a hollow and pointless gesture after ultimate existed and I’d rather just update and expand that game instead.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Yeah but the next smash probably isn’t going to have everyone. Y’all have hammered that point home more than enough. And I want more characters to join that huge collective. I don’t just want to play as a character in a smash setting. I want them to join that pantheon with all the rest. That’s why, to me, the next smash just feels like a hollow and pointless gesture after ultimate existed and I’d rather just update and expand that game instead.
I mean the biggest reason why the next smash won't likely have everyone is because of how many contracts you have to sort though, its unrealistic to expect every company to want to renew their liscences for a theoritical next smash game

tbh I'd be content if Ultimate is the swan song of the franchise, I don't see how you can improve upon what it did and trying to would likely end up in feeling like a strictly worse package than its predecessor

Shroob

Sup?
Oh cool a free Darkrai, and I wanted to OT Dialga and Palkia so this is nice too.

Kieran is sure looking....different. I wonder if he's feeling...peachy.

Also, Latios/Latias wasn't part of the leak, so that's nice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the one time a year where all gamers come together to argue over which game is better than what game and feels some sort of satisfaction due to those games winning awards over other games…also Gonzo

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TGA Predictions:
  • Biggest Announcement: GTA6 will be there. Not a World Premiere, but the premieres are so trash that it wins by default.
  • Special guest: That dude who said **** the Oscars years ago. They invited him back despite not having anything to show
  • GOTY Winner: Not Mario lol. My bet is Zelda Cries a Lot, Bang-a-Bear's Gate, or Alan finally opens his eyes: the sequel
  • Controversy: Dave The Diver wins best Indie. The Indie game scene is in shambles.
  • Wacky Schenanigans: Technical Difficulties, some dev that is in deep **** gets booed to hell.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still low on hopes for Nintendo having big announcements at TGA.

If I had guess at least one, I'd say Super Mario Bros. Wonder DLC.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
TGA Predictions:
  • Biggest Announcement: GTA6 will be there. Not a World Premiere, but the premieres are so trash that it wins by default.
  • Special guest: That dude who said **** the Oscars years ago. They invited him back despite not having anything to show
  • GOTY Winner: Not Mario lol. My bet is Zelda Cries a Lot, Bang-a-Bear's Gate, or Alan finally opens his eyes: the sequel
  • Controversy: Dave The Diver wins best Indie. The Indie game scene is in shambles.
  • Wacky Schenanigans: Technical Difficulties, some dev that is in deep **** gets booed to hell.
Don’t forget the obligatory Muppets sketch.

In seriousness I feel like that’s the only reason I tune into Winter of Woe.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
4 hours til the game awards

I'm making good on my word for the additional reason that I have work tomorrow

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fortnite may have made one of the best TMNT designs ever (especially for April)
IMG_0970.jpeg
IMG_0968.jpeg
GAvp1ZrXgAAZlZn.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
"Ohey the Sun Trio is in the DLC, and I have Sword so I can get a Cosmog for my living de----"

"Wait but I need Cosmoem too...."

Oh **** am I going to have to play through Sword AGAIN

Top Bottom