• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
I haven't played Paper Mario since 3rd grade, but I do remember how annoying Huff n Puff was. Granted being 9 didn't help
He's probably the hardest non-Bowser boss in the game but if you max out Lakilester it helps a lot. He wasn't too bad on my last replay.

Also going back to Toad Town Sewers to get the Ultra Boots helps.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Damn I don't wanna admit it but u rite.
Yeah, it has bops but they settled for a more ambient score which in some case works well and in other cases... is forgettable.
Though Rogueport's theme is a legit nostalgia injection.
Riverside Station for me, gets me every single time.

Will the remake add music for the interior? It was kinda weird that it was silent but if they wanna build up to the creepiness of the Smorgs then I get it but then the Smorgs theme... lmao

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, it has bops but they settled for a more ambient score which in some case works well and in other cases... is forgettable.

Riverside Station for me, gets me every single time.

Will the remake add music for the interior? It was kinda weird that it was silent but if they wanna build up to the creepiness of the Smorgs then I get it but then the Smorgs theme... lmao
I'm pretty sure the lack of music was intentional ya.

The Smorgs are supposed to be scary, they're like this bizarre colonial organism like a Man o War that had the opportunity to infest the train, but their theme and appearance is just too goofy and honestly cute.

Officer Jenny

Smash Rookie
Did anyone else get their hopes up thinking the TTYD remaster was gonna be a compilation of all 3 games? I think I'm just being greedy now

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Smorgs are supposed to be scary, they're like this bizarre colonial organism like a Man o War that had the opportunity to infest the train, but their theme and appearance is just too goofy and honestly cute.
I like how the first half their theme was this frantic violin theme building up to this big bad piece, and then the big bad piece was midi farts. What were they cooking.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh also, since I'm on this, 64 had the better soundtrack out of the classic duology.
In other words, you’re saying Super clears?

If it were epic games, he would be talking about Fortnite
“I’ve been playing this really awesome game called Fortnight. I get nothing but dubs! I even just wiped out Tomato Town! Ever heard of it?”

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I am kinda dreading the inevitable Perrin sidequest of "It's 'Kleavor', see?" I kinda wish they'd just let us get Hisuian evolutions in SV. I like Blood Moon Ursaluna, but the fact that Kleavor is the ONLY Hisuian Pokemon in the Indigo Disc dex feels like they're gonna do Blood Moon 2 Electric Boogaloo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I should marathon all the PM games in preperation for the TTYD remake. I own 64 thanks to virtual console (but I'll use NSO's since it's technically on my Wii U and thus unplayable), I own TTYD and SPM, I still have... the other Paper Mario game, and it's been enough time since I beat The Origami King, the only one I don't own is Color Splash and lol if I'm paying full price for that.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe I should marathon all the PM games in preperation for the TTYD remake. I own 64 thanks to virtual console (but I'll use NSO's since it's technically on my Wii U and thus unplayable), I own TTYD and SPM, I still have... the other Paper Mario game, and it's been enough time since I beat The Origami King, the only one I don't own is Color Splash and lol if I'm paying full price for that.
1695004203287.png

Now, say its name.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do wonder if they will update the script for the remake. I love the game but man the humor has not aged gracefully, like at all.
They did change bowsers insult, so other script revisions are fair game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't think I've beaten a single Paper Mario game. I've tried to play the first game multiple times (~4 separate times), I'll often get to the part in the game where you recruit the Lakitu partner, get bored and put it down and never come back to it.

I do want to go back to Super Paper Mario at some point potentially as it's more a Platformer. I remember asking for it for Christmas shortly after it came out, getting modestly far, and then letting a "Friend" borrow it for a few weeks while I played through Radiant Dawn. When I went to go pick it up, they informed me their younger Brother stole it (on purpose) and sold it to GameStop for $. Ended up going to their house and my Dad had a talk with them to get my full $50 back, but by then the game was just a reminder of burnt bridges.

TBH the only Mario RPG I've beaten is Super Star Saga in the GBA. Mario RPG's as a whole just have a lot of negative connotations for me, and the toxic online discourse doesn't really help that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't think I've beaten a single Paper Mario game. I've tried to play the first game multiple times (~4 separate times), I'll often get to the part in the game where you recruit the Lakitu partner, get bored and put it down and never come back to it.
Fair, thats the most boring part of the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** Fuuka sounds like an actual honest to god human

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Lot of details from internal Microsoft emails:
1. Xbox is planning a feature for PC Cloud Gaming
2. Xbox boss Phil Spencer bought a PS5 and it was “force bundled” with Horizon Zero Dawn, adding $50 to the price
3. Activision was briefed on the Nintendo Switch 2. They described it as closer to the PS4/Xbox One in power.
4. Elder Scrolls 6 is potentially Xbox console exclusive and won’t come until 2026

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lot of details from internal Microsoft emails:
1. Xbox is planning a feature for PC Cloud Gaming
2. Xbox boss Phil Spencer bought a PS5 and it was “force bundled” with Horizon Zero Dawn, adding $50 to the price
3. Activision was briefed on the Nintendo Switch 2. They described it as closer to the PS4/Xbox One in power.
4. Elder Scrolls 6 is potentially Xbox console exclusive and won’t come until 2026
I was leaning more on thinking the Switch 2 was closer to those two consoles than the PS5, actually.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Next NASB2 character has been revealed:

Grandma Gertie from Hey Arnold

One of her moves is Captain Falcon’s Knee

Top Bottom