• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In other news I saw the trailer for that teen kraken movie in theators and while I kinda want to like the premise, I actually really hate it.

I like the idea of flipping the script and making the demonized character, the kraken, the good guy - and the romanticized character, the mermaid, the villain.

But I really don't like how they undermine the theme of "don't judge people by their appearances" by implying krakens are inherently good and mermaids are inherently evil. Maybe the actual movie will handle it with more nuance then that but right now it's really giving me the impression of a movie that thinks its going to be really meaningful and deep despite actually being very shallow. Young girls absolutely need to be taught not to base their worth in their appearances, but I feel like this movie will ultimately serve to make some of them feel more embittered to people more traditionally attractive then them.

But I dunno, maybe I'm thinking way too hard about a silly fish movie I'll probably never watch.
I kniw almost nothing about the film other than I swear I seen the redhead in like 2000 different animated projects

Edit: the redhead isn't the main character, my bad

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've started playing Persona 4 Golden; I beat Persona 4 a while back (when I figured that Golden would be locked to the Vita), so it's interesting to see how things changed between releases. (this time, I'm following a guide closely in order to try and get all of the social links - last time, I didn't level up my social stats enough, so there were some where I was locked out of them for a while)

I might get Sonic Frontiers today - I see that it's discounted at a store near my work, and I've heard good things about it, so I doubt I'll run into the same issues that I did with Sonic Forces. (I don't know how the Switch version of Frontiers is, but I doubt that there will be major downgrades)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok here are all my thoughts

1) Jack Black killed it
2) Chris pratt did amazing as mario
3) Charlie Day did amazing a Luigi
4) Cranky wasnt as bad as eceryone said he was
5) Dk also wasnt as bad as everyone said
6) The Mario and Luigi moment at the end was amazing
7) Seeing Mario in actual pain was strangely Refreshing to see
8) The license music wasn't that bad
9) The Mario cart music was 🔥
10) Rainbow Road was beautiful

Its safe to say it was a 10/10 for me, whould watch again

And to be honest and actually it felt nice not being stuck in the movie theater For 2 hours. A one hour movie feels migjty nice

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Picked up the Pokkén Tournament fightpad controller again and remembered how great it feels.

And I've had mine since it came out in 2016 and it still has its new controller smell.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I havent played much of the Assassins Creed series, but when i do i completely zone out when the sci-fi aspects of the story come in lol

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah I played Rental Stadium, and the AI cheated about five minutes in.

Good stuff. At least the mini games are fun.
Yeah Pokemon Stadium is brutal that reminds me Pokemon really should contract a new Pokemon Fighting only Game to be made!
Including all of the Pokemon so that the competitve scene isnt forced to use showdown!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Warner has announced the service replacing HBO Max is… Max.
There's only 3 ways to watch TV shows online: The right way, the wrong way, and the Max way! (Which is just the wrong way, but faster.)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Corrin: OMG, You're my COUSIN??? And we just... we just... did the...
Azura: Luke and Leia'd it up... yeah
Elise bursting into the room: Awkward...
As someone who has never played Fates, I'm admittedly curious how bad the sus parts get. I'm also curious whether or not it will totally ruin Corrin as a character for me, because I liked her in Engage, haha.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
As someone who has never played Fates, I'm admittedly curious how bad the sus parts get. I'm also curious whether or not it will totally ruin Corrin as a character for me, because I liked her in Engage, haha.
You can romance all of your siblings, including the ones who are supposed to be your blood siblings, who are not actually your blood siblings and your mom is actually their stepmom, which goes against the entire premise of the story.

You can also romance literal children and have a kid with them

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You can romance all of your siblings, including the ones who are supposed to be your blood siblings, who are not actually your blood siblings and your mom is actually their stepmom, which goes against the entire premise of the story.

You can also romance literal children and have a kid with them
1681334169514.png

What were they thinking-

Top Bottom