• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BTW, are there any translations for the announcer of the Sushi-Go-Round minigame?

I've always wanted to know since when I originally played this game.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I learned about a pretty interesting remake coming out in just 9 days. One of the earliest Pokémon fan games was Pokémon Snakewood, a sort of Ruby remake, but set in a apocalyptic setting with its own story and zombie Pokémon.

It was a pretty unique premise that was never captured again and the game was never finished.

Apparently someone is taking a solo task to modernize it. With less edgey writing, a better tone and region design, new fakemon and zombie forms, other QOL and a streamlined experience.

it’s going to just Be a decent sized beta but this looks great!
1681264014013.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just watched the Mario Movie.

It was a small moment, but my boy Pit got onto the big screen.

I know this is a joke, but...

**** yes.
I mean sort of but no. I think he would actually bring the charm that Falcon has to the big screen greatly, if they ever did it
F-Zero would probably be more successful based on one statement

"Oh hey, it's Judge Dredd!"

Also the lengths people will go to not discuss my boi's potential casting choices :yoshi:
That’s because it’s gonna be Tom Holland or Vin Diesel.

Maybe the original voice actor like they did tails.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean sort of but no. I think he would actually bring the charm that Falcon has to the big screen greatly, if they ever did it

That’s because it’s gonna be Tom Holland or Vin Diesel.

Maybe the original voice actor like they did tails.
Tbh since you mention Tails, I'd prefer Colleen Clickenbeard over any of those listed, even Totaka. But I think Yoshi of all characters could work with any gender of celebrity :yoshi:

Reactions: Z25

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Are people saying Yoshi sounds weird with a voice simply because of the SMW cartoon? That guy also voiced Diddy Kong with mixed results yet no one argues he should keep his Smash monkey noises because of that. You all should check out the OVA where Green Yoshi is voiced by the seiyuu of Agumon and Red by Pikachu :yoshi:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Happy birthday Micheal! May all your most wanted characters get into Smash!

Look I don't like it much either but
1681265996897.png

Oh no she's adorable

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbh since you mention Tails, I'd prefer Colleen Clickenbeard over any of those listed, even Totaka. But I think Yoshi of all characters could work with any gender of celebrity :yoshi:
Mario:Yoshi should keep his original voice.

I can live with fully voiced Having the Bros 2 cast and Bowser fully voiced, but for some reason having Yoshi be fully voiced just sounds cursed af to me.
I mean….
That clip does end with what sounds like an exact replica of Yoshi’s game sounds. So there may be a very strong probability they just use game Yoshi. Mario, Luigi or Peach could maybe translate what he says.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In other news I saw the trailer for that teen kraken movie in theators and while I kinda want to like the premise, I actually really hate it.

I like the idea of flipping the script and making the demonized character, the kraken, the good guy - and the romanticized character, the mermaid, the villain.

But I really don't like how they undermine the theme of "don't judge people by their appearances" by implying krakens are inherently good and mermaids are inherently evil. Maybe the actual movie will handle it with more nuance then that but right now it's really giving me the impression of a movie that thinks its going to be really meaningful and deep despite actually being very shallow. Young girls absolutely need to be taught not to base their worth in their appearances, but I feel like this movie will ultimately serve to make some of them feel more embittered to people more traditionally attractive then them.

But I dunno, maybe I'm thinking way too hard about a silly fish movie I'll probably never watch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The REAL reason why a NCU may not be as enticing as people clamouring for it may initially think

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of the movie, someone made a cool gif of Mario characters going to see the movie. Spoiling because mild language:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So I learned about a pretty interesting remake coming out in just 9 days. One of the earliest Pokémon fan games was Pokémon Snakewood, a sort of Ruby remake, but set in a apocalyptic setting with its own story and zombie Pokémon.

It was a pretty unique premise that was never captured again and the game was never finished.

Apparently someone is taking a solo task to modernize it. With less edgey writing, a better tone and region design, new fakemon and zombie forms, other QOL and a streamlined experience.

it’s going to just Be a decent sized beta but this looks great!
View attachment 370682
Cool How cute the lil Zombie Marill is!

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom