• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry. I've got a hyperfixation without a real outlet. I'm playing the old games and drawing the characters but it isn't doing much.
Relax, DK'll get a new game one of these days. He's too big a mascot.

And then you'll be angy because it's being developed by the people who made Mario Odyssey and not a buncha rootin' tootin' Americans like the lord intended :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Relax, DK'll get a new game one of these days. He's too big a mascot.

And then you'll be angy because it's being developed by the people who made Mario Odyssey and not a buncha rootin' tootin' Americans like the lord intended :4pacman:
A bunch of Brits in the English Midlands would also suffice.

God could you imagine if Nintendo let Playtonic make a DK game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends, Yooka-Layle wasn't really anything special. Heard Impossible Lair was good though idk if many people played that one.
People really haven't given Yooka-Laylee a fair shake. It wasn't anything more than it needed to be and was made pretty quickly all things considered with a pretty strict deadline imposed by the kickstarter and Team 17. Not to mention it had promised stuff in the kickstarter that it had to include despite the fact that in a normal development cycle it probably would have been cut (like the Rextro Minigames and Kartos segments). It's no wonder that, now that they're self publishing and have more money to make games, they're taking way more time and being way more closed off about the project until they're absolutely ready.

Shroob

Sup?
People really haven't given Yooka-Laylee a fair shake. It wasn't anything more than it needed to be and was made pretty quickly all things considered with a pretty strict deadline imposed by the kickstarter and Team 17. Not to mention it had promised stuff in the kickstarter that it had to include despite the fact that in a normal development cycle it probably would have been cut (like the Rextro Minigames and Kartos segments). It's no wonder that, now that they're self publishing and have more money to make games, they're taking way more time and being way more closed off about the project until they're absolutely ready.
As someone who did, my opinion on Yooka Laylee is it's just 'okay'.

It's not a bad game, but it felt very bland at the end of the day. I appreciate what it tried to do, but I found the level design to not be very good.

Like, in a collectathon, I get wanting to make people explore the entire map, but there's a difference between that, and hiding a single collectable on the edge of the map with no indication it's there and just expect people to find it.

It's not as egregious as say, the Blue Coins in Mario Sunshine, but it's never fun having to scour a level when you're 99% done and no way to find the last thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Two hours of my boy Miles simping for a white woman, I sadly can not condone this.

I will be seated tho
it’s Gwen Stacy, and every Gwen is perfect…Miles simping for the right woman
Gwen Stacy supremacy
I really don't understand this need to make most blockbusters nowadays over 2 hours or even nearly 3 hours. 90 to 120 minutes is more than enough to fit everything in a movie. Passing 2 hours is just bloating it.

Regardless, excited for the movie never the less.
gotta make space for all the Spidey cameos and developments for both the story and characters before Beyond the Spider-Verse

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It's not a bad game, but it felt very bland at the end of the day. I appreciate what it tried to do, but I found the level design to not be very good.

Like, in a collectathon, I get wanting to make people explore the entire map, but there's a difference between that, and hiding a single collectable on the edge of the map with no indication it's there and just expect people to find it.

It's not as egregious as say, the Blue Coins in Mario Sunshine, but it's never fun having to scour a level when you're 99% done and no way to find the last thing.
IMO, Yooka had the same issue as Mighty No. 8: it banked on nostalgia and had little else to offer.

Only difference is that Yooka is actually functional

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

With how good Impossible Lair was, I have no doubt their next project will really prove the potential the studio has with the Banjo genre.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Tara’s Marvel Takeover continues
Tara Strong really has come a long way from the time when she was the voice actress for Rikku in Final Fantasy X to doing Miss Minutes in the Loki TV series.

Tbf, they did thank all their backers individually in the credits because well, they made it possible for Keiji to scam them out of 4m dollars the game to be made.

Also gave us this gem
View attachment 371617
I remember the time when Mighty No. 9 was once considered massive news which made the largest sum within its kickstarter campaign.

Such a shame that everything went down the drain to its release due to Inafune's oversight of overpromising and not being able to fulfill several of its goals.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember the time when Mighty No. 9 was once considered massive news which made the largest sum within its kickstarter campaign.

Such a shame that everything went down the drain to its release due to Inafune's oversight of overpromising and not being able to fulfill several of its goals.
The bigger issue is that Inafune tried way too hard to make it a huge franchise instead of making a viable product at the start, as well as zero transparency behind the scenes. He businessman'd things first, and now we're still reeling from it's effects as well. Kickstarter games as a whole took a blow because Inafune's complete mismanagement

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tara Strong really has come a long way from the time when she was the voice actress for Rikku in Final Fantasy X to doing Miss Minutes in the Loki TV series.
imma need her to get back on them DC characters down the line…especially Harley

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There is a glitch in the simulation.

First i got pay for watching a dog for 2 weeks
Now im getting paid for feeding somr stray cats for a family friend while they are visiting theor father
Now im getting talk to to watch the dog from before for a weekend

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, Bugs Bunny is going to get a movie.

About his origins.
Ah yes, where did Bugs Bunny originate from? What was his childhood like? How did he go from being a prick to the lovable scamp we know today? Vexing questions that nobody asked about ever.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Caught up to MHA via the manga. Writing's been up and down at points but I am legit anticipating the ending.

No idea if the anume's any good but I dropped watching it cause it had a massive fall off after season 4.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who told you this and why did they lie to you?

Ya gurl got Miles, yoooooo
Wouldn't mind swapping to July tho...
guess I’ll spend my birthday weekend with Donkey Kong
Caught up to MHA via the manga. Writing's been up and down at points but I am legit anticipating the ending.

No idea if the anume's any good but I dropped watching it cause it had a massive fall off after season 4.
at least you didn’t have to watch that still hella abrupt death of Midnight and even more abruptly rushed My Villain Academia arc

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
guess I’ll spend my birthday weekend with Donkey Kong

at least you didn’t have to watch that still hella abrupt death of Midnight and even more abruptly rushed My Villain Academia arc
I did see the My Villian adaptation which pretty much cut my boy Spinner out of the story.

As for Midnight's death, it wasn't much better in the manga.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel explain
I did see the My Villian adaptation which pretty much cut my boy Spinner out of the story.

As for Midnight's death, it wasn't much better in the manga.
I don’t think the franchise as a whole really cared enough to kill Midnight in a good way…or they didn’t care for her ever, and used our Bunny Bunny Girl Rumi as an excuse to get rid of her

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Marvel explain

I don’t think the franchise as a whole really cared enough to kill Midnight in a good way…or they didn’t care for her ever, and used our Bunny Bunny Girl Rumi as an excuse to get rid of her
Tbf Bunny Girl is actually plot relevant. Midnight barely did anything

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Everyone loves to talk about the 1993 and 2023 Mario movies but where's the love for the 1986 anime movie? It's very fun to watch and actually stays true to the source material (and it only had the first Super Mario Bros. game to work with).

Does Nintendo not care for it, don't have the rights to it, or something?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just finished the first season of Sweet Home on Netflix.

Which is basically a Korean drama where monsters show up and take over the world basically. Destroying most of civilization. With the main cast being stranded in an apartment complex and trying to survive.

For a TV show, it has some really good cgi at times. A lot of great cinematography as well. I’m glad it’s getting more. If you like Sy/Fi horror, it’s worth a watch.

All I’m gonna say now is just leaving this image out of context:
96F86B3C-E704-47B9-B27B-CC755E8152F2.jpeg

It will make sense if you watch it lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tbf Bunny Girl is actually plot relevant. Midnight barely did anything
That is true, but they probably should’ve made Midnight important like the other teachers were. Was (and tbh still is) odd how living or not she was just there for sexy purposes
Everyone loves to talk about the 1993 and 2023 Mario movies but where's the love for the 1986 anime movie? It's very fun to watch and actually stays true to the source material (and it only had the first Super Mario Bros. game to work with).

Does Nintendo not care for it, don't have the rights to it, or something?
Nintendo probably doesn’t care about any of their animated series of old other than their cinematic masterpieces such as the DKC series, Kirby’s anime, the Kid Icarus shorts about Palutena being a ****ty cook, and of course…Pikmin abuse

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I'm probably only gonna read it once it ends, two straight arcs of high school shenanigans after the series' emotional peak (imo) were too much for me

And I'm only planning on reading it all the way through because it was my first full anime, otherwise I wouldn't bother because there are so many better series out there

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm probably only gonna read it once it ends, two straight arcs of high school shenanigans after the series' emotional peak (imo) were too much for me

And I'm only planning on reading it all the way through because it was my first full anime, otherwise I wouldn't bother because there are so many better series out there
I didn't mind back to back school arcs, but dropped it because the anime went to **** with the way they handled season 5 (a lot of **** was cut out) and the production values were garbo.

The manga is pretty enjoyable right now, it's just straight action since it's nearing it's conculusion.

My biggest gripe is that sometimes the dialouge (primarily between Uraraka and Toga) is just uggggh

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I didn't mind back to back school arcs, but dropped it because the anime went to ** with the way they handled season 5 (a lot of ** was cut out) and the production values were garbo.

The manga is pretty enjoyable right now, it's just straight action since it's nearing it's conculusion.

My biggest gripe is that sometimes the dialouge (primarily between Uraraka and Toga) is just uggggh
Honestly I thought it fell off as soon as the school festival arc. Like it genuinely felt like a drag to get through and I barely remember any of it.

I did read the manga material that's covered by season 5 (which I haven't actually watched) and it's not terrible but it's also nothing amazing. I enjoyed the internship arc with Endeavor the most because Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki have a really fun chemistry, and it becomes even funnier when you add Endeavor just wanting to hang out with his son, but it's not enough to carry a manga for me

I could go and read what's after that but Jujutsu Kaisen is said to be ending this year and I really want to catch up to it before that since the anime will likely take years to finish and that's a series I'm actually passionate about and don't want to wait for the anime

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I thought it fell off as soon as the school festival arc. Like it genuinely felt like a drag to get through and I barely remember any of it.

I did read the manga material that's covered by season 5 (which I haven't actually watched) and it's not terrible but it's also nothing amazing. I enjoyed the internship arc with Endeavor the most because Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki have a really fun chemistry, and it becomes even funnier when you add Endeavor just wanting to hang out with his son, but it's not enough to carry a manga for me

I could go and read what's after that but Jujutsu Kaisen is said to be ending this year and I really want to catch up to it before that since the anime will likely take years to finish and that's a series I'm actually passionate about and don't want to wait for the anime
Oh yeah, gotta catch up to that too. Too impatient for season 2 of the anime

Top Bottom