• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Which is why I would go with it. It would differ him and the kremlings from Bowser being a "big reptilian tyrant".

Make Kaptain K. Rool more demented, yet seemingly smarter and more cunning at the same time.
I think he should swap outfits and names every scene. Hell, part of his motivation can be that he goes on his Konquests to steal Kool Kostumes

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, I wouldn't put it past Illumination to make a KKK joke with calling the Kremling Krew something like the Kool Krem Krew or something, but then I realize that a scene where K. Rool goes "The Kool Krem Krew will destroy those pathetic monkeys" may be way too on the nose and will probably tank Illumination and Nintendo at the same time.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, I wouldn't put it past Illumination to make a KKK joke with calling the Kremling Krew something like the Kool Krem Krew or something, but then I realize that a scene where K. Rool goes "The Kool Krem Krew will destroy those pathetic monkeys" may be way too on the nose and will probably tank Illumination and Nintendo at the same time.
Say what you will, and this may be Illumination instead of Disney/Fox, but no KKK joke is complete without this.

EDIT: I can't believed I typed three Ks.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, they like to play it super safe. That's more of a Dreamworks joke. And only Dreamworks when they're cooking.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a roster for a Mario Kart
  • Mario
    • Dr. Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Princess Daisy
  • Toad
    • Captain Toad
  • Toadette
    • Explorer
  • Yoshi
  • Birdo
  • Rosalina
  • Pauline
  • Toadsworth
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Bowser
    • Dry Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Larry Koopa
  • Morton Koopa Jr.
  • Wendy O. Koopa
  • Iggy Koopa
  • Roy Koopa
  • Lemmy Koopa
  • Morton Koopa Jr.
  • Kamek
  • King Wart
  • Tatanga
  • King Bob-omb
  • Petey Piranha
  • Topper
  • Spewart
  • Rango
  • Hariet
  • Goomba
  • Koopa Troopa
    • Dry Bones
  • Shy Guy
  • Ninji
  • King Boo
  • Hellen Gravely
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong
  • Kiddy Kong
  • Cranky Kong
  • Funky Kong
  • Candy Kong
  • Tiny Kong
  • Lanky Kong
  • Chunky Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Krunch
  • Krusha
  • Klump
  • Poochy
  • Polterpup
  • Baby Mario
  • Baby Luigi
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Captain Syrup
  • Princess Shokora
  • Jimmy T.
  • Ashley
  • Foreman Spike
  • Virus
  • Vivian
  • Prince Peasley
  • Dimentio
  • Fawful
  • Geno
  • Mallow
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Villager
  • Isabelle
  • Inkling
  • Octoling
  • Fox McCloud
  • Falco Lombardi
  • Kirby
  • Meta-Knight
  • Captain Falcon
  • Excitebiker
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Tails Prower
  • Cloud Strife
  • Tifa Lockhart
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Conker (Diddy Kong Racing)
  • Timber the Tiger
  • Pipsy the Mouse
The game has the Double Dash style team up mode as an option, so every character has a "Cannon Partner". The list is ordered as such. You should be able to figure out who goes with who. Certain characters are classified as sub-characters along the lines of Metal and Gold Mario, and they are specified. But others I might not have thought of would probably be included too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another thing that would differ Bowser and King K. Rool should the latter be the villain of the DK film.

Basically while Bowser slowly goes through growth as the mario series went on and becoming things like a loving father, a genuine care and worry for peach, and some sort of twisted respect/almost friendship with Mario K. Rool never does. In fact IIRC he actually gets the opposite and each Donkey Kong Country game had K Rool acting actively more deranged and unhinged ultimately becoming downright genocidal towards the Kongs.

You could also argue that Bowser's more of a genuinely great leader and figure among his armies and is able to rally numerous other races and species to his banner where as K Rool IIRC treated the Kremlings very poorly and many where miserable under his rule.

You know it'd actually be ironic if K Rool does appear as an antagonist but when he confronts Bowser a large portion of his forces desert to join the Koopa King instead.
Gonna be a wild day on this thread if the villian is Lord Fredrick instead of K. Rool
Or the Tikis.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Which idea is worse?
1. Pokémon Kart (pretend that Pokémon Dash and Digimon Racing on GBA never existed)
2. Shonen Jump Kart (there was a very broken Flash game of Dragon Ball)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 11 post tonsillectomy

No longer in incomprehensible pain, mostly just mild discomfort. So that's a relief. My biggest issue is that I'm ****ing sick of soft foods and I desire flesh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Rosalina and that Luma, if Rosalina is looking for that Luma, finds the Luma and sees that he has become deranged, I can imagine her reaction being something like...

"What the heck happened to you?".
Or hear me out. Just a bit of her motherly love cures him of his derangement. I don't know why but I can actually see that. Lol.

I can imagine to it wasn't the first time he became deranged and separated. She's all "Oh dear, not again. Don't worry little one, I know what to do".

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Or hear me out. Just a bit of her motherly love cures him of his derangement. I don't know why but I can actually see that. Lol.

I can imagine to it wasn't the first time he became deranged and separated. She's all "Oh dear, not again. Don't worry little one, I know what to do".
That's not how mental illness works

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

It should go the other way around. Lumalee's sound logic will cure Rosalina (and everyone else) of their malady.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's fiction, anything can work and is possible.

These past few years in fact. Jesus Christ time slow down. I don't want to become an old man so soon.
Ne neither.

On your response to Jondolio, yes, that is true about fiction. Plus, while it may not work in reality, in fiction, nothing is more powerful than a mother's love to a child, like Rosalina's love to her Lumas.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You always have sone intresting thoughts in your head

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Tears of the Kingdom is officially out in the wild, enjoy dodging leaks. Or looking at leaks, I'm not a cop
1682955836420.png

It's fiction, anything can work and is possible.
Even in fiction you can't be careless about how you portray certain things and that includes mental health.
A magic "fix everything" button is always awful.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tis the week! Guardians 3 comes out! I'm totally stoked!

Probably see it next Tuesday with my dad. Gonna be paying for him as an early birthday present since May is his birth month.

Top Bottom