• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just some ideas you know. Not necessarily point A to Z. But like... Point A to E.
Alright fine, sheesh.

-Cranky has been trying to get DK ready to take over as king of the jungle kingdom, but he’s a slacker who just wants to goof off.
-One night, when he’s supposed to be guarding the Kongs’ treasured banana board, he decides to go party with Diddy instead.
-Of course, this is the night where the Kremling Krew decide to attack. Led by the unhinged King K Rool.
-If DK had been there, he could’ve gathered the army tried to fight them off. But of course, he wasn’t there.
-Cranky’s pretty pissed.
-The Kremlings, old enemies of the Kongs who were banished, plan to use the hyper potassium-power of the bananas to get their revenge by powering a super weapon with them and destroying the jungle kingdom.
-Disgraced, DK sets out to regain his honor by reclaiming the banana hoard and saving his home. Diddy, still his biggest fan, decides to join him.
-All the karts got wrecked in the attack, so their only methods of transportation are the royal family’s pets. A rhino, a swordfish, and ostrich, and a frog of unusual size. As well as the rickety old mine art system that runs through the mountains, made obsolete by the karts.
-Outside of the main village, the Kremling Krew has overrun most of the island. The whole jungle is filled with hostile forces. Even the beavers have been radicalized.
-It’ll be tough, but DK won’t rest until he’s regained his honor.

There’s your freakin plot :239:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm looking forward to Iron Lung, and not just because Mark Spaceman is in it.
The fact that Mark's directing the movie is what's most insane to me.

I'm curious as to how they're going to adapt the game's ambient, isolated horror setting along with the giant sea monsters to the big screen.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I need to check on Disney+ to see if the original Star Wars trilogy there is the original theatrical release version or the digitally remastered one.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I need to check on Disney+ to see if the original Star Wars trilogy there is the original theatrical release version or the digitally remastered one.
I think the MACLUNKEY meme should've been enough proof it's not the originals.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ah. I haven't watched the Disney + version as I've already seen those movies a bajillion times.
Back when the service first launched people noticed the scene with Greedo was edited yet again, making him say MACLUNKEY before he gets shot by Han.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So like... Captain Toad is a different Toad from normal Toad right?
Yes, the Mario movie serves to highlight this as well.

The Toads all look similarly but speak different.

Kegan’s toad Is signaled out as different from the other ones and Carries a backpack pretty close to the game version.

This could have been a coincidence, but the credits back it up by playing the captain toad theme over his credit in the movie.

The original concept art further backed this up by having captain toad(headlight and all), toadsworth, and toadette all be apart of the war table of special Toads who are advisors to peach.

So it’s safe to say he’s different from the other versions of the character we have seen over the years.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is what I would do with King K. Rool and the Kremlings in the DK spin-off.

Notice how the Kong Kingdom is Aztec-based? I'd make them a pirate-cultured race. Like how Bowser's kingdom travels through the sky, King K. Rool's kingdom travels throughout the oceans similar to his island in DK64. Their goal is centered around traveling the oceans invading lands and other kingdoms to steal their riches and goods. That could be the plot to the DK spin-off where King K. Rool and the Kremlings steals the Kongs precious golden banana hoard prompting DK and Diddy and other kongs like Dixie maybe to trying to get it back.

And rather then King K. Rool, have him be Kaptain K. Rool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is what I would do with King K. Rool and the Kremlings in the DK spin-off.

Notice how the Kong Kingdom is Aztec-based? I'd make them a pirate-cultured race. Like how Bowser's kingdom travels through the sky, King K. Rool's kingdom travels throughout the oceans similar to his island in DK64. Their goal is centered around traveling the oceans invading lands and other kingdoms to steal their riches and goods. That could be the plot to the DK spin-off where King K. Rool and the Kremlings steals the Kongs precious golden banana hoard prompting DK and Diddy and other kongs like Dixie maybe to trying to get it back.

And rather then King K. Rool, have him be Kaptain K. Rool.
That basically already is their lore.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which is why I would go with it. It would differ him and the kremlings from Bowser being a "big reptilian tyrant".

Make Kaptain K. Rool more demented, yet seemingly smarter and more cunning at the same time.
I like King K. Rool's base design too much.

I had one idea for a new DK game where, while still retaining a unique world boss as a kind of "Mario 3 Fortress Stage", each world would also have a K. Rool fight where he's in a completely unique costume with a new gimmick Eggman style as a kind of "Mario 3 Airship Stage"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I like King K. Rool's base design too much.
But the king design is the best one though
I do to but there's a possibility of Nintendo might think he's too much like Bowser being a big reptilian tyrant.

Which is why I'd be all for a different spin for King K. Rool hence the pirate gimmick him being Kaptain instead.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't believe Starlink has two difficulty levels higher than normal difficulty.

Normal was tough enough for me take a hiatus on the game so I can't imagine it being any harder.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So like... Captain Toad is a different Toad from normal Toad right?
The wiki says he is, personally I think it'd be cooler if they were the same Toad and it's just what he and Toadette like to do in some of their free time.

Though, since he's more likely the red Captain Toad from Galaxy, I guess it wouldn't make sense.

I'm gonna assume Movie Toad matches my headcanon, however, since he's basically THE Toad, and I think he matches how Toad is depicted in some stuff, as Peach's brave guard/captain of the Toads or whatever (even if, in the movie, he only just fits the part, I could see him actually being hired later).

Last edited:
Top Bottom