• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Does anyone actually expect any of Disney's live-action remakes to be good at this point?

If the revenue from the remakes helps fund other projects, that's great, sure. But the actual quality of said remakes have consistently been decent at best and garbage at worst.
I feel Disney should focus more on making unique live-action projects rather than doing live action remakes if I had to be real honest.

Tbh it's impressive that GotG went from C list heroes to one of the most widely beloved Marvel properties. Considering the same happened to Peacemaker and may happen to the Creature Commado and other ****, I think it goes to show that Gunn knows what he's doing
That is really impressive indeed. Whilst Phase 4 of the MCU had introduced a load of new characters, I do hope that Marvel Studios can build them up even further throughout Phases 5 and 6 if it can put itself back in the right direction. (The same should also be applied for James Gunn's DC films.)

Speaking of video game film adaptions:

That is an interesting choice of potential directors as I am not familiar with their work.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Twisted Metal Teaser:

Also:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The book app on my phone is having serious issues loading the pages of the Star Fox 64 strategy guide.

This is very odd because I have books on the app that are significantly larger than that in size and the pages load immediately for them.
Compressing the PDF fixed the problem

Yay!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not surprised

And with how this is set to be the Guardians' swan song this seems like a great junping off point for people like me who are sick of the MCU. Finally, I can use my money to see good movies instead
like the next MCU Spider-Man movie
The Guardians movies are practically the only MCU films I've actually been following.
20230220_010505.jpeg

Depressed Spidey
Twisted Metal Teaser:

Also:
mother ****ing Samoa Joe? Only reason I’ll need to watch

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still cannot be convinced this live-action Little Mermaid will be any worse than Homeward Bound (itself a remake of a 1963 film)

There's disgracing the original source material, and then there's taking a fat dump on its grave while doing the Gangnam Style dance and singing the Barney and Friends theme song
The 1993 film? You are literally the only person I’ve ever seen say that movie is bad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
good thing for those 4K screenshots

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
The 1993 film? You are literally the only person I’ve ever seen say that movie is bad.
It might be on my biases. After all, the movie is a remake of a SUPER underrated 1963 film. In that one, the animals didn't talk, but the emotions felt a lot more genuine and heartfelt to me. Even without the squawking voices, you can tell the animals cared about each other a lot.

Meanwhile in the remake, Chance and Sassy spend WAY too long being utter *insert curse word here*s to each other, making them just come across as REALLY unsympathetic. While Chance is also treated as the bad guy for being reluctant to let humans into his life again after being hurt before, being shamed for being unable to open himself up fully to Jamie. If your talking animal movie has me thinking "where are the humans?!", your talking animal movie has failed. I just find it to be a really unpleasant watch and an utter shame to the amazing original.

And it has a sequel. :secretkpop:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It might be on my biases. After all, the movie is a remake of a SUPER underrated 1963 film. In that one, the animals didn't talk, but the emotions felt a lot more genuine and heartfelt to me. Even without the squawking voices, you can tell the animals cared about each other a lot.

Meanwhile in the remake, Chance and Sassy spend WAY too long being utter *insert curse word here*s to each other, making them just come across as REALLY unsympathetic. While Chance is also treated as the bad guy for being reluctant to let humans into his life again after being hurt before, being shamed for being unable to open himself up fully to Jamie. If your talking animal movie has me thinking "where are the humans?!", your talking animal movie has failed. I just find it to be a really unpleasant watch and an utter shame to the amazing original.

And it has a sequel. :secretkpop:
Well, that is you. As for me; I loved both the Homeward Bound remake and its sequel, personally. To me, they were great movies.

Top Bottom