• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's not true.

Sonic fans are just hella insecure about their series and make up nonexistant arguments/excuses as to why their games flop but others succeed.
Sonic fans just enjoy something and not care about what funny YT/reviewer person thinks about it challenge (Impossible)

They still bring up IGN’s Unleashed review.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic fans just enjoy something and not care about what funny YT/reviewer person thinks about it challenge (Impossible)

They still bring up IGN’s Unleashed review.
Sonic fans act like IGN is one singular person who absolutely hates that hedgehog. They made like 2 bad reviews (and IMO Unleashed wasn't even off the mark from the general sentiment at the time) and suddenly they live rent free in Sonic fans heads.

MooMew64

Sonic fans act like IGN is one singular person who absolutely hates that hedgehog. They made like 2 bad reviews (and IMO Unleashed wasn't even off the mark from the general sentiment at the time) and suddenly they live rent free in Sonic fans heads.
Our vendettas are only rivaled by Smash fans who have funny strategy RPG live rent free in their heads.

FazDude

Smash Master
As a Sonic fan, I think that while people at large like to poke fun at us moreso than other communities, but I also think we like to box ourselves into a corner and make criticism towards ourselves look invalid by comparing them to other games that do similar things.

Giving a few Sonic games a bad review isn't the end of the world, nor is it proof that IGN/YouTuber McDudeBro/the enemy of the Sonic fandom of the week has a vendetta against the blue rodent and wants him to crash and burn. Maybe the game has flaws which have nothing to do with Sonic fighting a dragon or rolling or anything like that. Maybe that game isn't that reviewer's cup of tea.

Obviously, I don't speak for every Sonic fan out there, but some of them take things way too personally.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think the dub for Baccano is the best dub I've ever seen (heard?). I've only watched two episodes so far, but EVERY single performance in the dub is spectacular. It's like watching an old gangster movie.
Omg I love Baccano so much. Im a sucker for things set in that era
hnlef3v4r3c91.png

His design 👌
Our Black King

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Khu has stated the leaked Springattio evolution is fake: he said the real one has already been tease in the collage of images that Kaka released first.

Which honestly good. I liked the rose dress idea but it was an ugly model and it didn’t make much sense.

The tease for the final one is interesting but on what looks like a mane for it in that original collage image.

FazDude

Smash Master
I hate to derive from the topic at hand, but this is my 1000th SmashBoards post. I was originally going to make this post something really stupid, but I wanted to take this moment to thank the folks who brought us this site, those who keep it running, and those who make it such a great place to be. Even though I don't really check in most areas of the site aside from a few creation threads, I'm still really grateful to have a place to talk about my interests, share my wacky and weird ideas, and make the dumbest status posts and somehow get away with it. While I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, I just want to say: Thanks for making my time here so memorable, everyone! :cheersleo:

also play annalynn lol

MooMew64

I’m thinkin’ after I finish Sonic Mania and Colors Ultimate, I’m gonna play Klonoa.

Gonna wait on Origins so it can get patched and so that I don’t marathon too many Sanics and be sick of it by the time Frontiers releases, lol. Probably gonna go back and fight Volo in PLA finally, too.

Also starting LOTRO back up ‘cause outside of playing with family, I am officially burnt out on Destiny 2 lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

1658066880809.png

“I’m Yoma Marut. Beware of my thunder-like roar that splits the heavens.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Hindu mythology. Maruts are Vedic storm deities and sons of the storm god Rudra. Their number varies from 27 to three times sixty. They tend to be violent and aggressive, eager to use their golden thunderbolts in battle. Maruts live in the northwest, ride golden chariots drawn by ruddy horses, and split clouds with axes so the rain can fall. Indra would adopt this troop of young warriors who helped him to defeat Vritra.

Skills: Mist Rush, Shockbound, Mazanma, Madness Needle

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Drake race.

Maruts are the plural form of the word, which is almost always what you will use as they don’t really have individual traits. I think their pose is a bit sneaky for a supposedly dynamic deity but otherwise, it’s pretty good. Even if you don’t see much of their bodies. I would not mind some flashier weapons but traveling on top of a cloud is pretty neat so that’s not a big issue.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I’m thinkin’ after I finish Sonic Mania and Colors Ultimate, I’m gonna play Klonoa.

Gonna wait on Origins so it can get patched and so that I don’t marathon too many Sanics and be sick of it by the time Frontiers releases, lol. Probably gonna go back and fight Volo in PLA finally, too.

Also starting LOTRO back up ‘cause outside of playing with family, I am officially burnt out on Destiny 2 lol.
Actually I've been meaning to ask, is Colors Ultimate worth it? I've been holding off on getting it since it released due to... The stuff that happened, but I do want to play Colors in some way

MooMew64

Actually I've been meaning to ask, is Colors Ultimate worth it? I've been holding off on getting it since it released due to... The stuff that happened, but I do want to play Colors in some way
IMHO it’s worth it. The jank has been patched as far as I can tell the few times I played it last, it’s a super viable way to play Colors right now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I played through it the week of its launch and had a relatively comfy time. Haven't went back to it since the updates started rolling out but I'd imagine the game is in a pretty solid state by now.

That being said, I don't think it's worth full price and advise waiting for a sale.

MooMew64

Was gonna, until I read reports of the game wiping save data or something. Said I’d get around to it eventually but uhhh

Forgot:drshrug:
The only reward is Super Sonic AFAIK so it's not really uh

Worth it unless you just want more things to do in Colors, so you didn't miss something amazing or anything.

However, it gives an excuse to play more Colors, so do it. :040:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
The only reward is Super Sonic AFAIK so it's not really uh

Worth it unless you just want more things to do in Colors, so you didn't miss something amazing or anything.

However, it gives an excuse to play more Colors, so do it. :040:
Good think I unlocked and played Super Sonic in the original Colors. I don’t need to do it again.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished all the shrines in Breath of the Wild

Now I have Link's classic outfit which I will fully upgrade because I'm a sucker for that classic look, after that and every remaining sidequest ima deal with Ganon and finish the game
I played through it the week of its launch and had a relatively comfy time. Haven't went back to it since the updates started rolling out but I'd imagine the game is in a pretty solid state by now.

That being said, I don't think it's worth full price and advise waiting for a sale.
I usually wait for sales anyway

Second question, is the Switch version good or do I go with the PC version?

Last edited:
Top Bottom