• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
They're gonna **** it up. Mark my words.

Why not just an animated readaption like was done for HunterxHunter (2011)?
There's no need to do that either, the OG anime holds up pretty well and covers the entire story

HxH got reanimated because the anime got cancelled before they could cover the Chimera Ant arc

Maybe watch real shows like Mob Psycho 100 instead
Dis your goat? /Hj
PdzZ3f.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I accidentally remembered the satisfaction in getting Bernie’s dad killed in Three Hopes

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Took a bit of a pause when I saw the General Thread missing.

Turns out it just wasn't in its normal spot.
Can't get rid of me that easily. :140:

Thought you were free, huh? :denzel:
how come Titan Tails hasn't been made cannon yet

shoulda been what happens when he goes Super in Mania SMH

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been watching a few episodes of the 90's X-Men show (the one with the theme that gets stuck in your head:

...and with San Diego Comic Con coming up, I was wondering (for those who have any interest in the franchise) - what X-Men line-up would you want to see in the MCU when an X-Men movie gets made?

I'll put my answer in spoiler-tags because I don't know how rambly I'm going to get.

I'd like a mix of the original team and the Claremont team - maybe something like Cyclops, Jean, and Beast from the Lee-Kirby era, and Wolverine, Storm, and Colossus from the Claremont era?

Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, and Storm all seem like they need to be there; I'm sure some people wouldn't mind if Wolverine was introduced later, since he got so much focus in the Fox movies, but when people think of X-Men, they think of him.

Beast seems like he's a good symbol of the franchise's message (while he looks monstrous, he's one of the gentlest and kindest people that you'd know), and his scientific genius brings something to the table that the others wouldn't have. I'm torn between Nightcrawler and Colossus, but Colossus would be visually distinct from the rest of the team, whereas Nightcrawler would overlap with Beast in terms of being blue and furry. (though it depends on how Deadpool 3 handles that series moving to the MCU, or when Deadpool 3 comes out in comparison to the X-Men movie; I'm not sure if Deadpool 3 is going to involve him (and presumably the rest of his supporting cast) literally being transported to the MCU or if it'll exist in its own universe)

Kitty Pryde seems like she'd work well as a newcomer to the team, allowing for exposition for what's been going on with the mutants before this point, and given her connections with Kitty and Colossus, maybe Magik could be included as well.

I figure that characters like Rogue, Gambit, and Nightcrawler could be saved for sequels; I feel like eight X-Men, plus Xavier, Magneto, and whoever else is involved, is a lot as it is, and Eternals showed the potential issues with introducing a bunch of characters at once.

TL;DR:

my x-men line-up.png

(minus the dragon)

Last edited:

CastletonSnob

Smash Cadet
I FINALLY started Cowboy Bebop the other day, because I heard it was amazing, and the English dub is the best ever. And, I'm going to be honest, I don't think the dub is that good. I'm sure it was considered really good back when it first aired, but it's not that good by today's standards.

Don't get me wrong, I like the voice acting from the main cast of Cowboy Bebop just fine. It’s the voice acting from the minor characters I’m iffy on. Like, in the second episode where Abdul Hakim enters a bar, and the bartender has a VERY stereotypical Asian accent.

I think the dub for Baccano is the best dub I've ever seen (heard?). I've only watched two episodes so far, but EVERY single performance in the dub is spectacular. It's like watching an old gangster movie.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've been watching a few episodes of the 90's X-Men show (the one with the theme that gets stuck in your head:

...and with San Diego Comic Con coming up, I was wondering (for those who have any interest in the franchise) - what X-Men line-up would you want to see in the MCU when an X-Men movie gets made?

I'll put my answer in spoiler-tags because I don't know how rambly I'm going to get.

I'd like a mix of the original team and the Claremont team - maybe something like Cyclops, Jean, and Beast from the Lee-Kirby era, and Wolverine, Storm, and Colossus from the Claremont era?

Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, and Storm all seem like they need to be there; I'm sure some people wouldn't mind if Wolverine was introduced later, since he got so much focus in the Fox movies, but when people think of X-Men, they think of him.

Beast seems like he's a good symbol of the franchise's message (while he looks monstrous, he's one of the gentlest and kindest people that you'd know), and his scientific genius brings something to the table that the others wouldn't have. I'm torn between Nightcrawler and Colossus, but Colossus would be visually distinct from the rest of the team, whereas Nightcrawler would overlap with Beast in terms of being blue and furry. (though it depends on how Deadpool 3 handles that series moving to the MCU, or when Deadpool 3 comes out in comparison to the X-Men movie; I'm not sure if Deadpool 3 is going to involve him (and presumably the rest of his supporting cast) literally being transported to the MCU or if it'll exist in its own universe)

Kitty Pryde seems like she'd work well as a newcomer to the team, allowing for exposition for what's been going on with the mutants before this point, and given her connections with Kitty and Colossus, maybe Magik could be included as well.

I figure that characters like Rogue, Gambit, and Nightcrawler could be saved for sequels; I feel like eight X-Men, plus Xavier, Magneto, and whoever else is involved, is a lot as it is, and Eternals showed the potential issues with introducing a bunch of characters at once.

TL;DR:

View attachment 356663
(minus the dragon)
if Kitty ain’t bringing her pet dragon, then there’s no point in the MCU having mutants

As for how they’d all get into the MCU (or at least most of them), maybe the X-Men and other mutants are already hiding out at Krakoa without anybody knowing about them…or something, and decide to come out of hiding due to Kamala being the first new mutant in like…ever… to search for any more. Hard to tell what’ll happen since X-Men 97 isn’t set in nor seems planned to affect the MCU.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
if Kitty ain’t bringing her pet dragon, then there’s no point in the MCU having mutants

As for how they’d all get into the MCU (or at least most of them), maybe the X-Men and other mutants are already hiding out at Krakoa without anybody knowing about them…or something, and decide to come out of hiding due to Kamala being the first new mutant in like…ever… to search for any more. Hard to tell what’ll happen since X-Men 97 isn’t set in nor seems planned to affect the MCU.
To be honest, I don't know how Kitty got a dragon (I'm not even sure of the dragon's name - I'm pretty sure it starts with "Lock", but I might be mixing the dragon up with Lockjaw from the Inhumans), let alone how important it is to her character. (I just thought it might be a bit confusing for someone who's presumably the viewpoint character to randomly have a pet dragon, unless she got it over the course of the movie)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Noipoi Noipoi What in the holy **** is that pfp
Hello there, it is me, Pokelego999, here to explain the joke. The user Lamperouge has queried about fellow user Noipoi's profile picture, used to represent him in front of his peers. He cannot seem to deduce the contents of the image, or perhaps he may be in a state of confusion and/or shock at the revelation of what is contained within. In the user Noipoi's profile picture, what appears to be Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog series is inside of it. Whilst this is nothing abnormal, what is highly irregular is the fact that this variation of Tails appears to be obscenely muscular. Tails normally is not portrayed as such, and thus is quite jarring to see in comparison to his usual self. Another striking aspect of the image is that he seems to be using his tails (Used for flying in the Sonic the Hedgehog series) to create wind behind him for an unknown purpose, as the supposed comic of sorts that the image was initially sourced from is not contained in its entirety inside of the profile picture, thus the context is lost for the uninitiated such as myself and fellow Smashboards user Lamperouge. However, what makes the user question the status of the image is that it appears this overly muscular Tails is facing with his rear end (and by extension his tails) towards the viewer of the image. Given his muscular nature, it creates a sense of not quite wanting to view the image in fear of it perhaps being too surreal for the viewer to properly comprehend on reading. Perhaps it was interpreted in a manner of viewing that makes it seem "wrong" in a darker sense of the term that I shall not elaborate on in fear of breaking the site in question's, Smashboards, rules. I do hope this large incredibly verbose paragraph has furthered the uninitiated viewers understanding of the situation unfolding, and perhaps give the user Lamperouge some form of catharsis in the situation. Good day to you fellow individuals of the human race.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hello there, it is me, Pokelego999, here to explain the joke. The user Lamperouge has queried about fellow user Noipoi's profile picture, used to represent him in front of his peers. He cannot seem to deduce the contents of the image, or perhaps he may be in a state of confusion and/or shock at the revelation of what is contained within. In the user Noipoi's profile picture, what appears to be Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog series is inside of it. Whilst this is nothing abnormal, what is highly irregular is the fact that this variation of Tails appears to be obscenely muscular. Tails normally is not portrayed as such, and thus is quite jarring to see in comparison to his usual self. Another striking aspect of the image is that he seems to be using his tails (Used for flying in the Sonic the Hedgehog series) to create wind behind him for an unknown purpose, as the supposed comic of sorts that the image was initially sourced from is not contained in its entirety inside of the profile picture, thus the context is lost for the uninitiated such as myself and fellow Smashboards user Lamperouge. However, what makes the user question the status of the image is that it appears this overly muscular Tails is facing with his rear end (and by extension his tails) towards the viewer of the image. Given his muscular nature, it creates a sense of not quite wanting to view the image in fear of it perhaps being too surreal for the viewer to properly comprehend on reading. Perhaps it was interpreted in a manner of viewing that makes it seem "wrong" in a darker sense of the term that I shall not elaborate on in fear of breaking the site in question's, Smashboards, rules. I do hope this large incredibly verbose paragraph has furthered the uninitiated viewers understanding of the situation unfolding, and perhaps give the user Lamperouge some form of catharsis in the situation. Good day to you fellow individuals of the human race.
You forgot to tell me you're doney with the funny and hand out forms with several repeated questions.

Top Bottom