• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
and oh **** they got the Rick & Morty stage live now
seems like Twitter showed them what they got
(also I bet I’m late)
Damn 10 million kos in 3 hours that's impressive

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I just got my Switch back from being repaired, and none of my data is there. And it deleted my SD Card memory. But I’ve heard that all my games and stuff should be on my Switch. I’m kinda having a mini-panic cause I seriously don’t wanna lose all my data, so, does anyone know what to do?

(I tried booting up Pokémon Brilliant Diamond to check if the save data was there, and it wasn’t.)

Edit: Nevermind, all the data is lost. Nintendo Support gave us a new Switch.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I just got my Switch back from being repaired, and none of my data is there. And it deleted my SD Card memory. But I’ve heard that all my games and stuff should be on my Switch. I’m kinda having a mini-panic cause I seriously don’t wanna lose all my data, so, does anyone know what to do?

(I tried booting up Pokémon Brilliant Diamond to check if the save data was there, and it wasn’t.)

Have you checked your switch online cloud saves?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Might wanna call them back

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Have you checked your switch online cloud saves?
Okay, I have cloud saves for most games, except New Horizons and Pokémon Shield, which BLOWS. I had Pokémon all the way back from when I was 11, playing ORAS on my 3DS. Sucks to see those memories gone, so I kinda feel bad now, haha-

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

This is why I back up all my saves ftom my.sd card onto a computer.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I'm really sorry to hear that. If I had to guess, they sent you a new Switch because it was just the cheapest option.

Nintendo Switch era customer support is a thing alright.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Again, call them back. There may have been a mixup or an employee didn't do their job.

But if you haven't tried though, go to the Eshop and try to redownload if they were digital
Oh yeah, everything is redownloaded. I have all my data back for everything that isn't Sword & Shield, basically, haha.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh oof rip. Yeah in that case someone didn't do the proper transfer protocol, or you Switch was actually toast and there was nothing they could do
Well, technically they didn't even try to transfer when they gave me a new Switch. The only reason I have most of my data is because of cloud saves.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't get why Nintendo has the saves work the way they do TBH.

Like, with how often I heard about people losing their data like Guh did, I legit think even their techs have no idea how the saves work. Why are they like this.
Tbf the transfer to Switch to Switch isn't even tough I legit don't think they really tried

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't get why Nintendo has the saves work the way they do TBH.

Like, with how often I heard about people losing their data like Guh did, I legit think even their techs have no idea how the saves work. Why are they like this.
Because their techs probably aren't told how to transfer saves over. They are probably told just to transfer and don't know how to do saves. If they were taught how to transfer saves over then it probably would result in saves not being lost more

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But I guess this is a lesson to use an SD card and transfer your saves to that SD card so you can safely back them up on a computer in case something like this happens.

Also also remember to take out the SD card before you send in your switch to be repaired unless they specifically ask you to leave the SD card in

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’d probably be more interested in playing any of the Xenoblade games if there wasn’t so much walking involved…amongst some other things

Top Bottom