• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah Dave B Mitchell took up the mantle.

As of TSR, Knuckles, Omega, Blaze, Silver, Zavok and Omochao all got recasted.

Which is understandable since Travis and Laura have been taking up more union projects and Vic and Quinton…yeah.

Now if only we can get Rouge a new VA too…
Zavok doesn’t need to be recast, he needs to be retired.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Finally, my first Twitter argument. /j
I'm not gonna let insisting that white VAs should be able to voice black characters fly, lol
Excuse me, I'm the one who gets into petty slapfights over race and representation around here, get off my cloud.

But I do agree with you for the most part, mostly on the principle that black VAs don't get the roles they deserve

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dukefire

Smash Master
The reasoning some people are TRYING to find dirt or game just didn't meet their expectations is why I don't care about criticism. If I like it or not all depends on me.

Like Sonic Forces was great with customization and story to have a good time, but the gameplay was lacking with ideas to make it stand out.

Now, time to prepare on nabbing all those seeds, experience and kokos.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This little fella was found in Pokémon GO
Probably can be acquired similar to how Meltan could
This is actually something we’ve seen before technically. It’s the Pokémon that was in the selfies montage and obscured by the trainer.

Looks pretty cool. I’m curious as to it’s typing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Excuse me, I'm the one who gets into petty slapfights over race and representation around here, get off my cloud.

But I do agree with you for the most part, mostly on the principle that black VAs don't get the roles they deserve

Yeahhhh, unfortunately black VAs can get screwed over by casting directors when it comes to auditioning for black characters. Doesn't happen all the time, of course, but boy the tales of racism in the casting scene I've heard from VAs.

Like, to clarify, I'm referring to stuff like this. It just sucks, no other way to word it-

We put down one of my dogs today.
My condolences.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Yeahhhh, unfortunately black VAs can get screwed over by casting directors when it comes to auditioning for black characters. Doesn't happen all the time, of course, but boy the tales of racism in the casting scene I've heard from VAs.

Like, to clarify, I'm referring to stuff like this. It just sucks, no other way to word it-
This is just a case of weebs hate black people number 1036381. But seriously, people are acting like everyone's saying that white people can't voice minorities at all, but the issue is that media that have focus on minorities somehow do not have any casting of said minorities (and that minorities just don't get hired in general). Seriously, look at any anime dub that had a very prominent black character before 2020 and count hiw many black people were on it it's at an all time low.

Western cartoons are a slight bit better but they have the issue of only hiring the same 3 VAs over and over so nobody else really gets a fair shake. Khary Payton voices like every black dude in DC animated universe it's insane.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
For some reason, I love these concept arts of the unmade LEGO movie:
Before Warner Bros bought the movie rights, Blur Studio was originally signed on with Lego to make a theatrical film based on the famous construction toys.
sean-mcnally-chase-01d.jpg

Probably my personal favourite, a chase scene showing a DULPO version of Thomas pursed by Mad Max-medieval warriors.
sean-mcnally-pirate-a.jpg

Pirates facing off against a "sea monster" AKA kiddie floatie.
sean-mcnally-meteor-02c.jpg

A minifigure getting his car destroyed by a meteor which is one of those Cheeto ball things.
The only reason why this version was cancelled is that Warner Bros was not being satisfied with the original concept and decided to go a different way.
We put down one of my dogs today.
Sorry for the loss of your pet, may they rest in peace.

Aligo

Smash Ace
seems like a mix of the last 2

he then gets his own Paramount+ series
Call me petty, but I would unironically prefer Zavok
View attachment 363198

BUT I HAVE FUNNY GIFS I WANT TO USE
Yeah, I can't post the Pyra flip gif and it is sad. At least I can post this highly accuracy rendition of regigigas though (pls change or get of slow start, I have a shiny but it is as useless as a wooden frying pan)
d01.jpg

Aligo

Smash Ace
Uh, so what are people's opinions on mario Rabbids sparks of hope? I was thinking of getting the game.

Top Bottom