• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm'a gonna go on a riot if they kill off my boi Rocket...

I'll never forgive the MCU.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Huh, what's goin on in the Minecraft community? I'm not too in the know with what's going on there, I just play the game casually, haha.
AFAIK they are implementing a global moderation system for multiplayer. AKA, Minecraft fans won't be able to harass players without potential punishment now.

So with a combination of that and some things that were planned but not implemented in the new update Minecraft fans are being Gamers™️.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
AFAIK they are implementing a global moderation system for multiplayer. AKA, Minecraft fans won't be able to harass players without potential punishment now.

So with a combination of that and some things that were planned but not implemented in the new update Minecraft fans are being Gamers™️.
I mean are we surprised this is the same fanbase that threw a ***** fit because the game had a small "Be Anti-Racist" on the title screen that could be ignored.

Notch will PAY for what he did.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Huh, what's goin on in the Minecraft community? I'm not too in the know with what's going on there, I just play the game casually, haha.
Java has a global moderation system in the game now, releasing imminently. It can lead to account bans that block you from Realms and Online play, but singleplayer is safe.

Gamers are demanding Mojang and Microsoft be burned at the stake for this heinous crime of pure villainly and corruption.

Some are trying to spin a narrative that they're trying to kill Java Edition.

Basically? Gamers who don't understand the industry upset and pretend they understand the industry, more news at 11:00.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Java has a global moderation system in the game now, releasing imminently. It can lead to account bans that block you from Realms and Online play, but singleplayer is safe.

Gamers are demanding Mojang and Microsoft be burned at the stake for this heinous crime of pure villainly and corruption.

Basically? Gamers who don't understand the industry upset and pretend they understand the industry, more news at 11:00.
Something to note is that Bedrock already had this

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because if I had to guess he still holds true to previous comments where he said he and his wife didn’t want to do marvel because they’d be locked in for years of their careers. He wants to still Star and direct in other projects without being committed to one studio. So it be cool to have him stay, but wouldn’t be shocking if this was a one and done. He didn’t even show up on set. He did all his lines from somewhere else.

So It feels more like a easy paycheck moment while also giving his fans something they’ve wanted to see.
Krasinski never said he wouldn’t do it because of that. Emily Blunt has said the part that she was approached with would have to be something REALLY special so she wasn’t actively looking at Marvel.

Unless I’m completely mistaken but I don’t believe Krasinski has ever said anything hung about being locked in and I don’t think Blunt has either. I could be wrong but Marvel seems to have been getting better with allowing actors to do their own things while still playing the parts they signed on for. Poor Benedict Cumberbatch has had a hell of a run the last few years but that’s the only one I can think of being loaded down with Marvel parts.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I finally saw the end credits for Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course! That was fun (if not a little frustrating sometimes) but boy was the fight against Chef Saltbaker stressful. Good thing that's over with and I'll never have to do any of that again.

...Wait, what do you mean there's one last boss left?

Oh no.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok so ftom what I have seen, in this Live a live dub, they actually had people of certain answers like characters of that ethnicity.

Like most of the people, minus the prisoners, in the Edo Japan story are played by Japanese people, the Shifu in the Imperial China story was played by an actual Chinese person and one Indian guy is played by an actual Indian guy. For once, they arent just some white people phoning in an accent

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My guess? Mineceaft added a report system if someone is being a total ass in chat. It can lead to a total ban.

Fans hate that.

Ohhhhh this. Okay, I actually had heard about this, I just don't really get how this is a MASSIVE issue. Like, I understand that those running servers might want to have their own team moderate it instead of Mojang, that's fair, but I don't think a global moderation system is 100% a bad thing either.

Or maybe gamers just wanna be racist, beats me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I am so ready for this movie

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Krasinski never said he wouldn’t do it because of that. Emily Blunt has said the part that she was approached with would have to be something REALLY special so she wasn’t actively looking at Marvel.

Unless I’m completely mistaken but I don’t believe Krasinski has ever said anything hung about being locked in and I don’t think Blunt has either. I could be wrong but Marvel seems to have been getting better with allowing actors to do their own things while still playing the parts they signed on for. Poor Benedict Cumberbatch has had a hell of a run the last few years but that’s the only one I can think of being loaded down with Marvel parts.
It’s hard to find the older sources because now all the need is flooded with things on him being in it. But these two articles sort of detail that.

I know that it was a big discussion after the movie came out that people didn’t think he would return because of comments he made previously, it’s hard to find the specific one when there’s hundreds to go through though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I finally saw the end credits for Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course! That was fun (if not a little frustrating sometimes) but boy was the fight against Chef Saltbaker stressful. Good thing that's over with and I'll never have to do any of that again.

...Wait, what do you mean there's one last boss left?

Oh no.
The secret boss? Actually not really that hard (it's more annoying if anything) but make sure you bought and equip the broken relic first otherwise you just wasted your time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alrighty, IDW's Sonic Panel is over! Here's the interesting stuff that was discussed:

• Issues 51-56 will follow the fall out after issue 50. Apparently we'll see some "familiar faces" too.
  • Whisper will return in the next arc, so maybe that means her appearance in Issue 53 is just brief, haha. Or maybe that's what they mean by "the next arc"? No clue. (Seeing as issue 50 felt like the end of an arc, thats likely what they mean.)
  • What's next for Tangle and Whisper is being discussed, and the duo will have some "time in the spotlight"
  • We know that Surge and Kit were initially rejected by the Sonic team, but we now know specifically when they were supposed to appear, that being issue 9 or 10. IDW feels like introducing them later on was the right call, though.
  • Mecha Knuckles' model sheet was shown off.

- The model sheet of a new Scrapnik Island character named Sigma was shown off.

• Mecha Knuckles protects Scrapnik Island, like how the real Knuckles protects Angel Island.
  • During a Q&A, they stated that they wanted to see how far they could push the emotions with the characters during the Metal Virus arc. Ian Flynn previously stated that Issue 24 was the pitch he sent to the Sonic team, and they had little to no grievances about what was included, SO YOU CAN PUSH EM PRETTY FAR APPARENTLY!
  • The Metal Virus arc is now why Daniel Barnes (Scrapnik Island's writer) is a Cream fan. Based.
  • When asked how Surge and Kit would handle the metal virus, it was stated that they'd do so really poorly! Especially Surge, since she'd either get herself infected really quickly, or just enjoy the chaos goin' on.
  • Surge was inspired by the 80's anime delinquent trope.

Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64

MooMew64

Something to note is that Bedrock already had this
No no you see, Bedrock is the scary boogey man who is going to destroy everything.

Bedrock burned my crops, poisoned my water supply, and delivered a plague unto my house. It is pure evil, a true manifestation of all that is wrong in the world.

DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN BUY THINGS FROM CREATORS IN IT??? That Java players can move over, design things for Bedrock, and make MONEY off of it??? Disgusting. Supporting MC creators? 🤮 What has the world come to? And now you're tellin' me I can't scream racial slurs at kids? I HAVE TO BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING???

amgryavi.png

MOJANG OWES US AN APOLOGY, AND SHOULD ALL BE FIRED. ALSO SENT TO PRISON. YES. #NotMyMinecraft #HorsesDon'tFitMinecraft #TheCombatUpdateRuinedPVP

how was that, was that Gamer enough

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It’s hard to find the older sources because now all the need is flooded with things on him being in it. But these two articles sort of detail that.

I know that it was a big discussion after the movie came out that people didn’t think he would return because of comments he made previously, it’s hard to find the specific one when there’s hundreds to go through though.
That’s fair, I suppose but I don’t think those previous statements in particular necessarily means he won’t reprise the role. He was super excited for the prospect for a long time so him getting his shot doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a one off thing, personally. But I guess it’s a wait and see sort of thing.

Personally, if they would let him make F4 his own by letting him direct it while starring he and Emily Blunt I think it would both satisfy his creative side and give us a damn good Fantastic 4 movie but who knows with them still looking for a director it could mean he’s out of the running.

Reactions: Z25

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Late to the party for Marvel stuff but here’s my reactions:

• That Agatha show is coming out way too late. I get them wanting to capitalize on Agatha All Along’s breakout success, but a late 2023 release date is gonna be quite lagging behind the initial hype. It really needs to be something unique and playing to the strengths of Kathryn Hahn to grab my attention and I loved Agatha, but I’m fearing another “setting-up for something big actually” series.
  • Speaking of comedies, She-Hulk looks good but so far I don‘t see what makes it stand out from other series. The fact it got billed as Marvel’s first 30-min comedy bodes well but again it needs a different tone from the general Marvel bunch to stand out.
  • What I am excited about is Thunderbolts, provided Julia Louis Dreyfus is in it and just acts exactly as she did in VEEP because that show is golden. Thunderbolts seems to be a good anti-hero team-up movie and after the slew of solo projects I‘m ready for a good team-based blockbuster. Maybe because an anti-hero team sounds just right for the general quippy Marvel style
  • As for Fantastic 4: People seem divided on Krasinski as Reed so what I propose is we skip over him but instead choose another leading man from a popular sitcom: Parks and Recreation’s Adam Scott, who recently found drama success in Severance. Other options include The Good Place’s William Jackson Harper or Arrested Development’s Jason Bateman as Mr. F
Basically I’m looking forward to Thunderbolts out of all of the announced projects. Not a lot but I wasn’t too involved in Marvel anyway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nope (2022) is what you get when

When you roll Dogora, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Blob (1988), Tremors with a touch of Signs (2002) all into one. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This made me honestly wonder with Thor: Love and Thunder.

Assuming Thanos even knew about Eternity. Why did he not just go to him rather than seek out the stones? Arguably would have been a lot easier and less time-consuming.

MooMew64

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Mania is done! Just got all Chaos Emeralds ending in Encore Mode

I do feel too cool, thank you Mania team.

I hope that ice cream the Hard Boiled Heavy is serving isn't poisoned.

Only thing left to do is I could do a solo playthrough of Mania mode with Ray and Mighty, and I can get some extra doodads from the Blue Spheres game, but eeeehhhhhh I'll do that slowly over time: I got other games I wanna play, lol. Don't feel like grinding Special Stages atm.

However, now that all the main game content is done in vanilla...Modding time.

Wademan94 Wademan94 The game can now be good:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s fair, I suppose but I don’t think those previous statements in particular necessarily means he won’t reprise the role. He was super excited for the prospect for a long time so him getting his shot doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a one off thing, personally. But I guess it’s a wait and see sort of thing.

Personally, if they would let him make F4 his own by letting him direct it while starring he and Emily Blunt I think it would both satisfy his creative side and give us a damn good Fantastic 4 movie but who knows with them still looking for a director it could mean he’s out of the running.
This is a fair point, and I do think if he had producing or director privileges, it be a way to get him to stay for the franchise. I think D23 will give us the answers though as the movie films next year early on. They got to give us a look at the cast before set photos come out.

Especially with the very interesting rumor that

The Thing is in She Hulk as a big reveal. That would be pretty hype and explain why they already teased daredevil and won’t, because they might not be the only big cameos.
Late to the party for Marvel stuff but here’s my reactions:

• That Agatha show is coming out way too late. I get them wanting to capitalize on Agatha All Along’s breakout success, but a late 2023 release date is gonna be quite lagging behind the initial hype. It really needs to be something unique and playing to the strengths of Kathryn Hahn to grab my attention and I loved Agatha, but I’m fearing another “setting-up for something big actually” series.
  • Speaking of comedies, She-Hulk looks good but so far I don‘t see what makes it stand out from other series. The fact it got billed as Marvel’s first 30-min comedy bodes well but again it needs a different tone from the general Marvel bunch to stand out.
  • What I am excited about is Thunderbolts, provided Julia Louis Dreyfus is in it and just acts exactly as she did in VEEP because that show is golden. Thunderbolts seems to be a good anti-hero team-up movie and after the slew of solo projects I‘m ready for a good team-based blockbuster. Maybe because an anti-hero team sounds just right for the general quippy Marvel style
  • As for Fantastic 4: People seem divided on Krasinski as Reed so what I propose is we skip over him but instead choose another leading man from a popular sitcom: Parks and Recreation’s Adam Scott, who recently found drama success in Severance. Other options include The Good Place’s William Jackson Harper or Arrested Development’s Jason Bateman as Mr. F
Basically I’m looking forward to Thunderbolts out of all of the announced projects. Not a lot but I wasn’t too involved in Marvel anyway.
I’ve spent the last few weeks watching Parks and Rec for the first time; and Adam Scott is great in it. Probably one of my favorite actors on it. With him in Madame web, it be a little weird but still cool to see him in the MCU. I think he could definitely do a good job with it. It be pretty fitting to if Amy Pohler is in Coven of Chaos like a few news outlets were reporting. Getting more of the cast from there in the MCU would be fun.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
This is a fair point, and I do think if he had producing or director privileges, it be a way to get him to stay for the franchise. I think D23 will give us the answers though as the movie films next year early on. They got to give us a look at the cast before set photos come out.

Especially with the very interesting rumor that

The Thing is in She Hulk as a big reveal. That would be pretty hype and explain why they already teased daredevil and won’t, because they might not be the only big cameos.

I’ve spent the last few weeks watching Parks and Rec for the first time; and Adam Scott is great in it. Probably one of my favorite actors on it. With him in Madame web, it be a little weird but still cool to see him in the MCU. I think he could definitely do a good job with it. It be pretty fitting to if Amy Pohler is in Coven of Chaos like a few news outlets were reporting. Getting more of the cast from there in the MCU would be fun.
I really want those rumours about Coven of Chaos to be true along with the possible casting of Schitt’s Creek Catherine ‘O Hara because it’s exactly the type of show that could set Agatha and her hamminess apart. Sadly, with the lack of news of the Scarlet Witch’s future, I could see Coven of Chaos being a tease vehicle for Wanda’s future rather than a stand-alone project with its own identity.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really want those rumours about Coven of Chaos to be true along with the possible casting of Schitt’s Creek Catherine ‘O Hara because it’s exactly the type of show that could set Agatha and her hamminess apart. Sadly, with the lack of news of the Scarlet Witch’s future, I could see Coven of Chaos being a tease vehicle for Wanda’s future rather than a stand-alone project with its own identity.
I think it’s gonna have its own identity. That’s likely why Kathryn Hahn signed on. I think Wanda’s getting her own solo projects since Elizabeth Olsen is said to have signed a multi year deal after doctor strange, that will put her in 7 different projects. Which would range from movies, team ups, to solo films/shows. She’s one of their biggest actresses so it makes sense to elevate her role down the line.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh yeah, and my final ranking for Mania:

Game fun. Probably in my top 5 Sonic games.

I still don't like how special stages work but the minigames themselves are fun.

Put Classic Amy with her Advance moveset in a new 2D Sonic Sega you COWARDS.

So yeah, once again: Game fun. Did enjoy. :040:
Having beaten it 10+ times, I still don't have any levels that I dislike, and the special stages are really fun once you figure out the optimal ways of completing them. Plus the soundtrack is ****ing fire, based Tee Lopes.

It's just the most consistently great Sonic game IMO.

Top Bottom