• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wow all these Marvel news and projects, surely now would be a perfect time to announce a new Marvel Vs. Capcom! 😃
you get Bill Murray and MODOK in the same movie instead

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I feel bad for Palutena

In Smash 4 she's hated because she's low tier
In Smash 5 she's hated because she's top tier (well it's more complicated than that but idk)

Some people likely just play Palutena cause they really like her, they don't mean to be annoying. I mean I really like Palutena as a character in KI:U (not as much as our lord and savior Viridi tho) but yeah-

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since the Capcom fighting collection gave you a download code for one of the games on the Capcom Arcade stadium, it made me think of if/when they made a volume 3 of Arcade stadium, made me wonder how hard it would be emulate the Megaman Battle network Arcade game since it's a weird toys to life game.
It definitely doesn't look like a GOOD game but it would be a nice novelty to have a Japan only obscure arcade game in a popular series be put on a collection.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of Bill Murray when Garfield 3 cowards? MCU would be FINISHED
better hope Nick and Disney team up for that to happen, but that’s as likely as Disney and Sony working together to make Spider-Man movies

oh wait

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Surprised at how different the approaches are for Marvel and DC when it comes to ComicCon announcements.

DC puts out new trailers for Shazam 2 and Black Adam, sticking to what's coming out this year and being extremely cautious (not even showing anything for Batgirl, which is supposed to come out this year).

Meanwhile, Marvel's out here announcing that we're near the end of Phase 4, along with the entire line-up of Phase 5, and at least three movies as a part of Phase 6 (the Fantastic Four and two Avengers movies), with all of them coming out in the next 2-3 years

Surprised at the lack of X-Men, Spider-Man, or Deadpool so far, though.

Also, I'm not sure if it was confirmed before, so it's nice to know that Blade is going to be a movie rather than a Disney Plus series. (nothing against the Disney Plus series; they're great, but it felt like it was left ambiguous before this)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guardians 3 is really the only MCU film I look forward to at this point.

More excited for Shazam 2 and Black Adam then any of the other following MCU films.

DC's just been on a role lately from Shazam!, Joker, The Suicide Squad and The Batman.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Multiverse Saga ends with these 2 films

I really hope this set of movies ends with a team-up between Doom and Kang, with both of them being as over-the-top as possible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Surprised at how different the approaches are for Marvel and DC when it comes to ComicCon announcements.

DC puts out new trailers for Shazam 2 and Black Adam, sticking to what's coming out this year and being extremely cautious (not even showing anything for Batgirl, which is supposed to come out this year).

Meanwhile, Marvel's out here announcing that we're near the end of Phase 4, along with the entire line-up of Phase 5, and at least three movies as a part of Phase 6 (the Fantastic Four and two Avengers movies), with all of them coming out in the next 2-3 years

Also, I'm not sure if it was confirmed before, so it's nice to know that Blade is going to be a movie rather than a Disney Plus series. (nothing against the Disney Plus series; they're great, but it felt like it was left ambiguous before this)
Sony handles the Spider-Man movies tbf, announcements and most promotions included

and the X-Men/Deadpool stuff gets fulfilled through those R rated movies being put on Disney+…and Ms.Marvel

I really hope this set of movies ends with a team-up between Doom and Kang, with both of them being as over-the-top as possible.
and also ****ing yes to all of this

and now a Wakanda Forever trailer

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After Endgame I'm just picking and choosing tbh. The big buildup is done, so following it doesn't feel anywhere near mandatory
tbf the MCU is building up to multiversal threat Kang and Chad Daddy Doom now

also Spider-Man: Freshman Year is there

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

DC are dealing with having no vision because they gave the main attraction to Snyder and he ****ed up big time and realised too late that they messed up so everything's messy on top of a lot of delays plus Ezra Miller and Amber Heard being really ****ty people.

X-Men are probably in more of Phase 6 because there's loads of gaps there, Deadpool as well and Sony have all the marketing on Spidey. We'll probably get more at D23 and Sony is whenever they feel like it

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I am finding it increasingly hard to care about the seemingly endless Marvel movies.
I already decided to call it quits once I saw Endgame. Seems like I made the right decision.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC are dealing with having no vision because they gave the main attraction to Snyder and he ****ed up big time and realised too late that they messed up so everything's messy on top of a lot of delays plus Ezra Miller and Amber Heard being really ****ty people.

X-Men are probably in more of Phase 6 because there's loads of gaps there, Deadpool as well and Sony have all the marketing on Spidey. We'll probably get more at D23 and Sony is whenever they feel like it
that and DC rushed through a lot of **** just to end up butchering the DCEU. Sure they’re fixing some things up atm (Aquaman, Shazam, Birds of Prey, TSS, and John Cena Peacemaker being the only good things post Josstice League canon), with Black Adam and Fury of the Gods hopefully continuing that build (especially since they’re not building up projects for the Justice Society)…but yeah that whole Flash thing that’s meant to commit a reboot of sorts ain’t helping

and let’s not even go further with Ezra and Amber cause…yeah…things that shouldn’t have happened in the first place

Also I bet some would have hated the DCEU more if they had successfully used the MCU style buildup

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
X-Men…Deadpool…Scarlet Witch…Luke Cage…Jessica Jones…Punisher…I have no idea what else to expect

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I feel bad for Palutena

In Smash 4 she's hated because she's low tier
In Smash 5 she's hated because she's top tier (well it's more complicated than that but idk)

Some people likely just play Palutena cause they really like her, they don't mean to be annoying. I mean I really like Palutena as a character in KI:U (not as much as our lord and savior Viridi tho) but yeah-
Just saying, but people don't really talk about Smash on the Social Thread, but other topics.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just saying, but people don't really talk about Smash on the Social Thread, but other topics.
That actually makes me curious:

Does anyone on the site outside of newcomer spec even talk about the game(s) anymore? Like, is comp even healthy rn? Smash games tend to die as soon as the character reveals end.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Deadpool, Deadpool 2, and Logan are all fully uncensored and I’m glad Disney+ kept it that way

and it’s crazy how this is the first time I’ve seen Logan since theaters simply cause I’m too much of a ***** to not get sad over Wolverine dying

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Smash games tend to die as soon as the character reveals end.
...wouldn't mean the first three Smashes were dead on arrival?

I think it 4 and Ultimate being dead "as soon as the character reveals end" has more to do with people being sick of Bayo in the former and Ultimate being almost 3 years old by the time Sora released.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm not expecting very big news from Marvel tonight, most of the presentation will probably focus on She-Hulk and Wakanda Forever (maybe some details on the early 2023 projects too). Maybe one big reveal (lots of Thunderbolts rumors going around), but that's about it. They're going to want to save the big guns for D23, when it's Disney and Disney alone in the starlight.
I was wrong

**** yeah

MooMew64

I think it 4 and Ultimate being dead "as soon as the character reveals end" has more to do with people being sick of Bayo in the former and Ultimate being almost 3 years old by the time Sora released.
No, people buy and play them for a few months, but there isn't any long term retention or discussion as a whole.

Characters are pretty much what drive a good 70% of the game's engagement, as soon as that goes away, the interactions and discussion all pretty much stop outside of a few fringe cases.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Man... I just want a Marvel vs Capcom legacy collection, like Megaman, Street fighter, Darkstalkers and the Disney games got.
I'm remembering all the hopium and rumours and excitement over Evo doing an MvC2 invitational thing a couple years back but then lol pandemic and lol the TO is a **** person

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I feel like that depends on what we are referring too.

Like competitively yeah discussion won't die, Ult's still pretty healthy and the meta is still seeing lots of new tech. But casually... yeah I'm with Solar, speculation is what kept a large amount of casual discussion alive and since that's done now, talking about the game is gonna slow down a lot. Smash 4 was a unique instance because Bayo killed not only specilation but also the competitive scene and it was nowhere near as popular as Brawl to get heavy mod support either.

MooMew64

Yeah Brawl only lived because of Project M. Without PM, Smash would've fallen off the face of the planet until 4.

It's nice to hear comp is doing well, though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I feel like that depends on what we are referring too.

Like competitively yeah discussion won't die, Ult's still pretty healthy and the meta is still seeing lots of new tech. But casually... yeah I'm with Solar, speculation is what kept a large amount of casual discussion alive and since that's done now, talking about the game is gonna slow down a lot. Smash 4 was a unique instance because Bayo killed not only specilation but also the competitive scene and it was nowhere near as popular as Brawl to get heavy mod support either.
To be fair, being on the Wii U didn't help either.
**** flopped and was hard to mod.

Top Bottom